tell me this isnt true. ( defenders scoring like crazy)

on other forum, i saw profile of Vidic from Man. Utd. he scored 16 goals in 21 game in league. i was waiting this final patch for 4 monts to start playin. i am really freak about realistic football manager. if this is true about defenders scorin like strikers, i will not play at all. please tell me this isnt true.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on other forum, i saw profile of Vidic from Man. Utd. he scored 16 goals in 21 game in league. i was waiting this final patch for 4 monts to start playin. i am really freak about realistic football manager. if this is true about defenders scorin like strikers, i will not play at all. please tell me this isnt true.

I have only played 9 games with the new patch bit ony 1 defender has scored once in that time and the team overall has scored 28 goals.

That may sound like a lot of gaols but i have played a couple of teams in cups who are in lower divisions.

icon_smile.gif

unreal. i spend all my mornin doin stuff and players sellin buyin etc. i was really lookin forward to start with Marseille. i just checked on forums to be sure no really big problems with this patch. and then i saw people on all forums write about defenders turnin into strikers. zombies

blah. first i must play without good regens and i like to play 15+ seasons. then this. listen SI, i know youll prob not respond this but give me yellow or red card at least.

you start to think too much about money. thats my opinion. you start to work on FM Live and FM08 at same time. you said diffrent teams workin on this games. but you split all good programmers in 2 grups. and we can see that in match engine. match engine for FM08 is really bad. on FM07 after last patch was great. seems to me you sold ideals for money. regens as i said in some other topic where great 7-8 years ago. in last 4-5 years we have really big problem with regens. why you doin that? to play just few seasons and buy FM next year? cheap laughs.

many of your old school players really love this game. but last few years you make this game "for all people". that cant be good. fast game is like fast food.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matej:

blah. first i must play without good regens and i like to play 15+ seasons. then this. listen SI, i know youll prob not respond this but give me yellow or red card at least.

you start to think too much about money. thats my opinion. you start to work on FM Live and FM08 at same time. you said diffrent teams workin on this games. but you split all good programmers in 2 grups. and we can see that in match engine. match engine for FM08 is really bad. on FM07 after last patch was great. seems to me you sold ideals for money. regens as i said in some other topic where great 7-8 years ago. in last 4-5 years we have really big problem with regens. why you doin that? to play just few seasons and buy FM next year? cheap laughs.

many of your old school players really love this game. but last few years you make this game "for all people". that cant be good. fast game is like fast food. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to me you will never be happy judging by your posts icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matej:

many of your old school players really love this game. but last few years you make this game "for all people". that cant be good. fast game is like fast food. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunately in between your intelligent comments you come up with garbage like this.

The only ex FM developers working on FML are Ov Collyer (who left the FM team around 2000) and Marc Duffy

Making ludicrous statements based on incorrect suppositions negates the value of your other contributions.

make the game for all people? that would suggest dumming down.

how can that be when many people here are cliaming that the game is too complex now and requires alot of thought rather than a 'pick up and play' mentality?

it seems the moaners can't even get together to make sure their singing from the same sheet.

Kriss, then tell me what are the reasons? what are the reasons that FM is lookin like kids game? i grow up with this game. im playin this game since i was 15 years old, now im 28. yes, games before didnt had all this "fancy" options. not so many leagues etc. but they had very good regens and surly my defenders didnt score 20 + goals in premier league. CM/FM always was game i could lean on. but this year? i start to play when it was out, played 20+ games. and stop. because i really hated 1 on1 bug, where GK is superman. and because they said to me that if i dont want to get so many red cards, i sudlnt play 442. wtf? then my mates said how to skip corner bug, where 95% of corners went to near post and players from very tough positions didnt score. my m8 told me to remove players from near post, then they will start to score again. is this realistic? to watch corners and noone is on first post? come on. not to mention free kicks bug, where i didnt score 1, single, uno goal? and when AI had free kicks it was 50-50 % to score?

and after 4 months of waiting really patient, for final patch. now more unrealistic things like this? come on. im not programmer, but i guess they have 100 000 000 testers. its not normal to me that noone saw: " hey, my donkey DC, with IQ of forrest gumb, scored 25 goals in italian serie A? i mean, how you miss that? how? i can spot after 5 games something not good, but after 20 games ill tell you exactly whats wrong. but no, they jsut put patch and say its final patch, unless something big is wrong. well, great, next thing ill buy myself ****in console, and play some arcade no brain games. then i at least know i just want 10 minute fun.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by megafan2005:

they are using a corner taqctic which exploits the defenders like the long shot corner exploit in previous FMs so yeah its not a common occurence well at least thats what ive heard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you know how to setup this corner tactic ?

you know whats the diffrence why books nd writers where better before, then now? because lets say Tolkin was dreamin, thinking about, writing his books for 5 or more years. then you have quality. when you take time, when its not all about money.

today you have very good writers, but noone would remember, for example, Stephen King in 100 years. why? because he makes few books per year!! of course he has skills in writing, but his books would be much better, if he take longer period for makin really good 1.

you have other examples, like Daniel Day Lewis in movies, he make just 1 movie in 5 years, but his role is brilliant.

why SI, if they love so this game, take lets say 2-3 years. and make 1 and really really great manager? why they dont spend 2 years just to think how to solve regens problem? and other things? why? ill tell you why. m.o.n.e.y.

I think it is impossible to make those type of comparisons e.g books/films v games, but i may try.. icon_wink.gif

FM has come under a lot of stick this year and even the press didn't praise the game in their usual manner. Some saying that this was more an enhancement than a new iteration of FM.

That said the game is still by far the best type of it's genre. As a long time player and a long term fan blah blah I also get disappointed but like authors/actors some books are better than others they have written, some films the actor is better in than others.

This one well it's still worth a read or a watch and I am enjoying the game. Maybe I am nor looking for perfection and yes I know there's still flaws... icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Obaid Al-Dosary:

Corners are pretty ridiculous on this version, not sure why it seems to be they sort out one problem and create another in doing so!

Here's hoping the 'new' batch of patches next week look into sorting the error. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

everything in coding is linked. you change one thing it affects another.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viazon:

I dont see why defenders scoring so much would be a problem. One season, a defender of mine scored 20 goals. But that was because he was my free kick and penalty taker and he rarely missed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defenders scoring over 20 headers from corners every season is a problem.

• SI Staff

For a start, a little weblink about defenders who score a lot of goals in real life.

http://www.setanta.com/en/TV-and-Entertainment/Entertai...oring-centre-backs2/

It seems that there may well be a "cheat" out there for defenders with certain stats to score a lot of goals from set pieces. Much like when the diablo tactic came about, we'll have a look at it, and look to close the loophole in the long run, although I must say that this is a very hard cheat to use, as it does require certain skills in defenders. I tried to use it with my normal team in my saved game, and it had little to no effect. Cheats are available for most games, and if you want the best out of any game, the thing to do is avoid using them.

Some of the posting on this forum is getting ridiculous. As Ian Holloway said in his column on the BBC this week, we're going to be blamed for the Titanic sinking next.

Kriss - whilst I agree with your sentiments, just one thing to point out. Marc hasn't really been working on FM for some time either, as he was working on Eastside and OOTP before FML.

as i looked up to the link you gave, it is clear that most of these defenders are very good at set pieces, but the problem is having a lot goals with dcs from corners and to avoid from cheating the only thing we can do is to sign with average defenders, but ı would like to improve my team in all areas sooo this a BUG!!

ı'm not saying all these to argue, just to clear somethngs up and to push you to release another patch with these bugs fixed..

• SI Staff

ataman5 - that's not true. You have to follow various tactical setting changes that would not be that natural, nor would they be in any of the default tactics, unless I'm missing something? Even then, it doesn't work every time, just increases your chances of scoring from a corner. I've still to get it to do that, and my team is pretty strong (CL football in 2012).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Marc hasn't really been working </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True Miles, but he's such a likeable bloke I thought we could cut him some slack icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

How much - no, I'd say that there is an exploit that can be used in certain conditions that could increase your chances of scoring at corners. To say that that makes the whole match engine flawed, as you've impled, is incorrect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is 'a' flaw though. I am using the default corner tactics and Jason Shackell and Gary Doherty are like men possessed when corners come in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Miles Jacobson:

How much - no, I'd say that there is an exploit that can be used in certain conditions that could increase your chances of scoring at corners. To say that that makes the whole match engine flawed, as you've impled, is incorrect. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't really imply the whole match engine is flawed, or at least did not mean it to come across this way, but there clearly is flaws with regards to corners.

It's a flaw under certain circumstances, the numerous requests for "set up" info prove it doesn't always happen.

Out of interest, what parameters would you alter to achieve the right balance without any adverse effects on others?

That's not exactly a trick question but I'd be interested to see if anyone can come up with a logical answer.

Its just those with 20 heading, 20 jumping + high bravery and strenght who score alot .

But its a database problem..there should not be 20-30 players with those high stats imo.

My best header is ambrosini 19 heading 18 jumping 17 strenght 17 bravery ..and he has "only" scored 6 so far , and im in janurary.

What I see now is the opponents begin to double man marking ambrosini since hes the best in the air.

ataman5 - that's not true. You have to follow various tactical setting changes that would not be that natural, nor would they be in any of the default tactics, unless I'm missing something? Even then, it doesn't work every time, just increases your chances of scoring from a corner. I've still to get it to do that, and my team is pretty strong (CL football in 2012). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems to happen with perfectly legitimate corner set-ups that were fine before the patch - so no, you don't need to have a special 'cheat' set up to exploit the engine's flaws.

Miles, you are making it look like you have to put your tactics in all sorts of bends for this to happen.

I just let juninho kick his corners in the 6 yard box and I let Bodmer challenge the GK and as a result he has scored 23 goals in 45 apps.

I usually let one defender challenge the GK, so nothing special there. I also usually let my corner kicker take corners that go into the 6 yard box, so nothing special there either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RubenJ:

Miles, you are making it look like you have to put your tactics in all sorts of bends for this to happen.

I just let juninho kick his corners in the 6 yard box and I let Bodmer challenge the GK and as a result he has scored 23 goals in 45 apps.

I usually let one defender challenge the GK, so nothing special there. I also usually let my corner kicker take corners that go into the 6 yard box, so nothing special there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does this mean that you can help by submitting your saved game so SI can check it?

icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RubenJ:

I usually let one defender challenge the GK, so nothing special there. I also usually let my corner kicker take corners that go into the 6 yard box, so nothing special there either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think what Miles was referring to is that in real life, yes teams have a corner taker aiming to six yard box/penalty area/even near post sometimes and yes many teams have a player set to "challenge GK". Except the FM translation of challenge GK is to win a ball in the air vs a GK at least half the time the ball is played in. This is obviously unrealistic. But what is also unrealistic is for the manager to attempt this. In real life, the player set to "challenge GK" is actually set to to "get in the way/annoy/provoke/back into the GK" and is usually a player that is either rubbish in the air or bad at long shots, meaning that he's not trying to attack the ball in the air (as happens on FM) and he's not stood on the 18 yard line waiting to spank a rebound in the net.

I suggest you all stop using players at "near post flick on" and "challenge GK" since that where those high goals come from.

This will bring back realistic numbers.

Put them on forward, attack from deep and attack both posts instead..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

Does this mean that you can help by submitting your saved game so SI can check it?

icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it's a lot easier for testers to start a game, put in those settings and watch as corners are scored almost every match.

Also, are you a tester? If not, get off my back please.

Archived