Steam really annoying why did i pay for this?-- errors everywhere game dont play

Hi

would people from the football manager community really look into this issue as loads of suffering from the same pain after paying hard cash for game i am not able to play it because each time i try to launch the game it either says servers too busy or game not available. i have been wanting to play the game since 7am 7.46am now trying to raise a ticket to steam verifying email registering for this and that..

fix the problem or offer me a refund or i will go to trading standards..if you think i am making this up take a look at the links

http://twitter.com/#!/Atiff_uk/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F7a7mu8

http://twitter.com/#!/Atiff_uk/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F76m7ro

you need to chill, it seems everyone complains about steam but then eventually they disappear from the forums again. yes there have been occassions when the game is shown as unavailable but this is just a momentary problem normally so if your a little patient you can be playing again soonish

also saying "why did i pay for this?" well you should have already been aware of steam only activation which is not only written on the box but also all over fm sites referring to the new game (well aware that you probably only joined the forum to state your problems)

there really is no point complaining about steam because it was used to keep out piracy so that the game can be even more successful and according to my own research its worked a treat as no one has been able to bypass the steam unlock and crack the game, some of the best pirates out there have started giving up.

i'm sure the game will start working again, you already have 17 hours of gameplay which means its already worked before, so don't panic and do something rash

I need to chill? are you getting paid by Steam or something.

If i have paid for a game i want to play i should be allowed to play as and when i would like. Don't you think that is right and the only reason i am complaining is because the game was working fine before.. had one issue of servers being busy before. Ill let them off for that but to have this error when I want to play game and have paid for it its not on. I don't want to be patient i want to play the game that is what i paid for is it not?

I have no issue with the steam activation i activated the game over a week ago i have played games via steam the other FM before as well without this kind of issue so i am well aware of steam and its online activation the game is activated. You really do sound you work for steam or you have been brainwashed by them.. all for the piracy but im not surprised people do it with this kind of service you get with your heard earned cash.

Thanks for posting the link but normally you pay for a game you play it.. this shouldnt be happening.. ill try when it get home from work now.. another nuisance i should just be able to play it. its bigtime fail!!

reinstalling but this is a total waste of time and money for me i shouldnt have to do this after i paid for for.. it should just work.. if you dont understand then you should get out of this business.. i complaint has been lodged with bbcwatchdog we dont need work around we need permanent fixes should not need to mess around .. just play the game.. we would all become developers if we wanted to fix the game

Hi i have only just bought the game i have not even started playing yet but i must say i have been very annoyed already with steam and that is just loading the game in so god knows what it will be like when i play it as i am reading all these comments from people

i know its all done to combat pirating but if its done this way next year i for one won't be buying it

atiff_uk

I feel your pain. Just spent 3hrs trying to get FM to function on my pc, but keep the faith, as it WILL work, I promise.

Follow the instructions, Matt eluded to earlier...I attached a copy just in case.

Renaming ClientRegistry.blob

It's possible you may be receiving this message if Steam isn't properly configured or if configuration files are missing.

Renaming the ClientRegistry.blob will cause Steam to re-download fresh copies of required configuration files, which can solve a large number of issues.

On Windows

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the Steamapps folder (default is C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps) and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

On Mac

If the issue is isolated to a few Steam games, please exit from Steam and go to the ~/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps and delete any listed .ncf files for the specific games. Once complete, please restart Steam to test the issue.

Restart steam as above. ok.

In steam menu, goto view

Select games list

Select FM - it should say install. Dont worry, this concerned me to. I was reluctant to re-install the game, but it just a patch

Wait for steam to install the game

Hopefully, all being well, it should start up with all your existing saves fully intact.

I had a screen problem after this, but I changed my window setting, back to default,restarted the pc, then went back into preferences and selected windows. Everything was ok after that.

Let me know if this helps...

i dont that then re-installed all working now.. i hope forever..

Best option atiff_uk, would be to play FM offline, so steam won't interfere with future gameplay. It's something I decided to do tonight, after this evening debacle. Food for thought, anyhow.

Archived