League One Max Wage - £550?!

Just got promoted into League One with Bradford City, trying to buy new players with a wage budget of £34,000 p/w. Im already well below it (about £9k left!), so I'd have thought I could get at least £2,500 - £3,000 p/w to offer new players.

To my suprise, Im only given the option to offer max £550 p/w to new players! Is this a bug?? Anyone else had this?

I had a similar problem in the a-league on the demo. I was well under the salary cap yet i was unable to sign a number of players who were interested in my team as i was only allowed to offer about 1.5k pw despite having a wage bill of 12k pw and a salary cap of 30k pw.

Yeah seems some clubs are cautious about increasing the wage budget when they get promoted. I'm managing FC Dender in Belgium and after getting promoted i was only able to offer about an extra £400 (which tool the amount i could offer to £1,700 to players than the previous year. Now in my third year with them the maximum i can offer is £6,750 for a key player, even though i have 30k left in my budget.

It's really frustrating when you have an epic player who is willing to come to you but the board just won't let you pay his wages even though you're way under budget.

I have the same problem. Firstly, I do not have much budget, next I couldn't renew contracts, then due to promotion (Swindon Town) from L2 to L1, a lot of players have wage increment. Unable to renew contract, quite a number of players left the club for free.

Its not a question of a small budget, Im now £10,000 UNDER my cap, and still cant offer anything above £600..

Strangley, I sold a player and managed to get abit of a wage budget increase. Then I could offer one or two players £3,600 p/w. Then it reset itself after offering one player a contract. Every other player I tried to offer contracts to after had a max £550 p/w again. This has happened twice now when Ive slightly increased the budget.

Its not a question of a small budget, Im now £10,000 UNDER my cap, and still cant offer anything above £600..

Strangley, I sold a player and managed to get abit of a wage budget increase. Then I could offer one or two players £3,600 p/w. Then it reset itself after offering one player a contract. Every other player I tried to offer contracts to after had a max £550 p/w again. This has happened twice now when Ive slightly increased the budget.

If you have offers out on players you are not able to offer huge sums to other players. This is done so you do not overspend your budget, a very reasonable addition since in reallife I am sure the board would not allow it either.

Thus, having 10k in your budget and offering 3.6k for 2 players leaves you with only 2.8k left, yes the max you can offer will go down! Not exactly rocket science is it?

Just got promoted into League One with Bradford City, trying to buy new players with a wage budget of £34,000 p/w. Im already well below it (about £9k left!), so I'd have thought I could get at least £2,500 - £3,000 p/w to offer new players.

To my suprise, Im only given the option to offer max £550 p/w to new players! Is this a bug?? Anyone else had this?

League 1 salaries were capped at 60% of turnover for 2010/11 and it's been reduced to 55% for 2011/12. Perhaps this explains your problem ?

Archived