Bojan Krkic on loan??

'The Terms of the Transfer:

At the current time, no money is changing hands with Bojan’s transfer. Roma are getting the player but are not paying any money for him. In turn they are absorbing Bojan’s full wages (which are very large for a player with Bojan’s past level of production – he will be making 3.2M for Roma and was making a comparable sum for Barça in 10/11. In comparison, Alexis Sanchez will make 3.5M for Barça in 11/12).

One year from now in the summer of 2012 Barcelona has an option to buy Bojan back for 17M. This is relatively straight forward.

However, two years from now in the summer of 2013 the contract mandates a series of convoluted transactions and payments.

First, Roma is obligated to purchase Bojan for 12M. Barça, however, is then obligated to buy Bojan back from Roma for 13M (assuming Barça have not already repurchased Bojan in the summer of 2012 for 17M).

Second, Roma then has an option to buy Bojan outright for an additional 28M payment. In effect Roma has the option to buy Bojan in the summer of 2013 for a net amount of 27M (28M + 12M – 13M).

Finally, the transfer also specifies Bojan’s wages for the 4 years of the deal at Roma. He will make 3.2M for the next two years and 6.3M for the last two years and will also receive wage variables based on performance'

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com/9804/bojans-transfer-roma-structured-complex-agreement/

What an absolutely ridiculous transaction - unless there's something I'm missing about this.

Roma have signed him (effectively)

but Barca have to sign him back (at the end of the year)

Roma can choose to reject this, but in doing so, they have to pay 40m euro (which is ludicrous imo)

For me it looks like a sneaky way to get around FFP, although being a European giant nothing will be said.

Assuming Roma don't pay 40m Euro, by accounting practicies Barca recieve 12m for Bojan (not sure how this will be booked on accounts), but the 13m spent will be ammortized over length of contract.

Isn't it a very similar deal with that youngster Chelsea got from Barca (Romeu?)

Yea kinda the same but in the deal it is Chelsea who would gain

On 4 August, the English announced the completion of the transfer, with the player signing a four-year contract[7] in a deal worth €5 million, which also included a €10m buyback-clause after the first season, and a €15m one after the second.[8] He was given the number 6 shirt for the 2011–12 season.[9]

roma got ripped the **** off for bojan in FM

in real life, we pay barca €28m after 2 years if we want to keep him, or else barca pays us €13m if they want to get him back

but FM simplified the transfer by making bojan a loan and the €28m an agreed future fee. so if bojan goes back to barca after 2 years, we get nothing out of it , no €13m

it's a confusing transfer but i don't think it's a bad move by us. we pretty much got a player that understands our new manager's system. and we don't have to pay a cent for him. and after 2 years, we get €1m for our babysitting services

you guys are just paying too much attention to the €40m. we're only going to pay that if he's playing astronomically which everyone knows isn't going to happen. i'm guessing barca really really really want him back eventually so the €40m is just a formality

but still, i'm still raging over how FM simplified the transfer. i want my €13m after 2 years!

also because barca made this a "loan", it definitely makes bojan harder to use in FM. he wont be as motivated. his morale will always be lower than the rest of the players, and i can't threaten to transfer list him if he plays badly. we bought him outright in real life. why cant it be like this in FM? we certainly got the short end of the stick here in this game

It wouldn't be 13m though, as you pointed out it would be 1m as Roma are also obligated to buy him for 12m

the €12m we already paid, so after 2 years we would be getting €13m back from barcelona. the €1m i mentioned was the profit

so in game, we should be getting €13m as well, but instead we're getting 0. FM ripped us off

Archived