A new transfer system...

I stopped playing the game because there were too many high price transfers in the game. I am a fanatic and I think its not right any club just dishes out 20+mill for a player just like that. I mean in real life over the past years I can probably give you just a handfull transfers that were 20+ mill... Yet in the game clubs buy players for that like it is no problem...

When I wanto bring a 20mill player to my club, I want it to be something big. Which I dont think is the case when other clubs are buying players like that left right and center.

Look at Riise who got transferred to Roma for less than 4mill pounds, I want transfers like that to happen. Nowadays we see alot of cash+player transfers also, I hope in the future versions that can be implemented..

Any thoughts of this? Please let me know.. Thanks...

i never get offers for player+cash accepted even if the club is intrested in the player. i dont think that their are too many 20million+ transfers i just think the players that are going for that price are average players.

Torres to liverpool, garcia+cash to atletico

Owen to real madrid, cash+josemi to liverpool

those are the two I can think of.. But I am sure there are more..

My point is that average players in the game should not go for 20+ million... Also the above avearage players should not go for 30+ million either...

Originally posted by JJBIGS:

Torres to liverpool, garcia+cash to atletico

Owen to real madrid, cash+ Antiono Nunez to liverpool

those are the two I can think of.. But I am sure there are more..

My point is that average players in the game should not go for 20+ million... Also the above avearage players should not go for 30+ million either...

Look at Riise who got transferred to Roma for less than 4mill pounds, I want transfers like that to happen.

This does happen in the game, the reason you don't notice it is because your attention is drawn to the big money transfers.

In my game I bought Yoann Gourcuff for £1.6m, Villa bought Nani for £725k, Barcelona bought a 198PA Danish regen striker for £3.5m. That's just the ones off the top of my head, there are loads more.

It's just that we take notice of the big ones because it seems out of place, do we raise eyebrows that Nani cost Villa less than a million, no because it isn't as eye grabbing as Bojan moving for £36m.

Yes the system needs toned down a but your reasoning seems flawed in that you are basing it on real life. Yes FM is supposed to be a simulation, but by 2012 nearly every team in the prem has a "rich" status, which is totally unrealistic and so goes hand in hand with huge prices.

IMO it needs to be looked at, but is easy to live with and not that big a deal. It's only made a big deal because just like real football managers we suffer from "complain about last minute goals, but ignore the fact we have scored our fair share" syndrome icon_biggrin.gif

I think the big problem is in the finances. Although obviously the transfer system has it's problems. The thing is though that because it's so easy to make money in the top leagues, thats why clubs are able to spend so much on players

realistic? maybe the big 4 in England should reamain locked in top 4 forever and have all the money and talent. same for la liga etc.

transfer fees are relevant. If I'm Fulham and after 3 years I have a positive balance and a transfer kitty of 100 mil and Craven Cottage is 50k seats is that realistic? Nope but it's fun because I want to play as Fulham.

Craven Cottage cannot be expanded nor can Stamford bridge but ingame I can do it.

I just think of 20 mil as 5 mil and let it go

Having a 100m transfer kitty is not that bad of a thing, but spending 40mill of that on one player is. I dont mind mid-premier clubs having trasnfer budges in the 30+mills. There are enough evidence of that (Tottenham/Newcastle/Man City) But even they at most spent about 13-15mill on players. I know Tottehnam spent 18mill on D Bent.

I dont think it is the money that is the problem in the game, it is the way the clubs wanto sell their players. David Silva could not come to me for less than 45mill, that is after the player himself said that he wanted to leave the club for my club and I offered 5mill above his valuation. Things like these should be taken into consideration when accepting a bid....

It was obvious that Liverpool didn't want Riise anymore, so thats why he moved for so little. In the game, when you buy players listed by their clubs you rarely have to pay more than 20 million pounds.

The clubs should have a clearer distinction between players they are open to selling for higher prices and ones they will definitely never sell, instead of blindly heavily overpricing most players that are not on the transfer list.

The examples people have been using are very poor ones, for example Why would Valencia ever sell Silva on the cheap just because he says he wants to move? If he asks to be put on the transfer list thats different.

A better example is say if I wanted to buy John O'Shea Man Utd ask for over 15 million, thats going a bit overboard. Same when I bid for Frazier Campbell. To be fair though they didn't want to come to my club either.

I'd like to point out that there are 2 values for players. Value and sale value. If the player is not on the market, why should the club sell him at market price? It doesn't make sense that you should expect them to, I really don't see where some people are coming from...

There is a problem with the transfer system but it is nowhere near as big as how people are putting it.

P.S. most prem teams in my save in 2015 are "insecure" for finances.

I think paying 5mill over silvas value (Which I think was about 19mill at the time) so say 24 million and a few extra things like percentage of next sale and such.. And they come back with a deal starting at 37million is crazy. Especially when the player is unsetteld and unhappy at the club...

I think there should be alot of factors that the AI club thinks of when selling the player. His value, remaining years on his contract etc.. And then make a deal that sounds fair. I mean even if I have 40mill to spend I dont want to spend 40mill on Silva because I want him... Does that mean that when you get a 30mill transfer budget you can spend that on one star player only? It should be enough for 1 star player and 2-3 decent players.. In my opinion atleast..

I think paying 5mill over silvas value (Which I think was about 19mill at the time) so say 24 million and a few extra things like percentage of next sale and such.. And they come back with a deal starting at 37million is crazy. Especially when the player is unsetteld and unhappy at the club...

I think there should be alot of factors that the AI club thinks of when selling the player. His value, remaining years on his contract etc.. And then make a deal that sounds fair. I mean even if I have 40mill to spend I dont want to spend 40mill on Silva because I want him... Does that mean that when you get a 30mill transfer budget you can spend that on one star player only? It should be enough for 1 star player and 2-3 decent players.. In my opinion atleast..

If it's really bugging you, apparently there's a work around. Bid that £24m again. When they negotiate it, go to his profile, and transfers. Look at the bid you made. You can now accept your original bid. Bingo.

(I don't know if this works, somebody on these forums used to post it in every topic like this)

Archived