I dont believe it!!!!

Im with Plymouth and I got taken over by a tycoon learly in the first season, he didnt extend the trasnfer or wage budget. but paid off debts and upgraded faciliaties. I built a team of loans and free transfers while reducing the wage budget along the way and we won the league.

Just finished the season and the chairman has given me my expected budget for League one of aroun 7mill and 4mill wage budget with the seasons expectations to be set later on. 7 mill for League 1 hes goto be expecting promotion so it looks like I must deliver

I thought Plymouth were going to be hard coded to get taken over by a well meaning but not rich local businessman, that's how it always played out in the demo.

Really can't see why a tycoon would see them as a worthwhile investment but then again this is one aspect of FM that I truly hate, European tycoon's in S.Amerca, Asian tycoon's all over the UK (I mean Northern Ireland, are you sure) & all manner of folk buying random clubs in Eastern Europe, for me the feature is a mess.

If you don't like tycoon takeovers, just edit the .edt file to make tycoon takeovers not possible for some leagues.

There are some weird take-overs in FM, but there are also some in real football. We don't really know what the future brings, as there are that many people with billions to spend, one could even have the idea to bring a Luxembourg team into the champions league. :)

i dont see it as wierd in the slightest...

who would have thought 10 years ago that most top clubs in england were owned by foreigners...

we've had swiss, thai, saudi, egyptian, american etc chairmen

and majority shareholders of every nationality going...

doesnt seem unrealistic at all tbh

I think that you're missing my point, buying into an English top-flight or near top-flight club is one thing because the financial rewards & global exposure are there, but an overseas tycoon spending millions on a Northern Irish 1st div team or an Irish millionaire spending his fortune on a mid-table Argentinian team isn't.

As with much of the boardroom changes system it needs looking into & reworking, yes there are aspects of the feature that is very realistic but for me Si have over-egged this pudding.

It should be less frequent, but it does happen. We see businessman in Switzerland, investing their money into local clubs, because they spent their holidays in the region. If such things happens in FM I always think some sheik had a good time in Brazil or elsewhere. :)

It should be less frequent, but it does happen. We see businessman in Switzerland, investing their money into local clubs, because they spent their holidays in the region. If such things happens in FM I always think some sheik had a good time in Brazil or elsewhere. :)

Great post - it's all about inventing the scenarios - I've had many a 'conversation' with my tycoon owners to determine why they've bought into Crapland AFC - always turns out that's where they had that threesome that they don't want the wife to find out about...

Plymouth would always be taken over in the game as there in admin, its just lucky who you get.

Didnt Notts County get taken over by a rich man, but turned out to be a bit of a farce

So did Plymouth, which is how their problems started. It was a Japanese tycoon (or was that typhoon?) who turned out to be potless and clueless.

• 1 month later...
where can i download Football Manager 2012 Patch 12.0.4?????? i can't find it anywhere?

Rather random post in the context of this thread, to answer your question updates are downloaded via Steam.

Archived