Question for netbook users.

I'm planning on buying a new netbook for school/work. I'm wondering if anyone has a machine with similar specs that has any experience playing fm12.

HP dm1z

Win 7 home 64bit

AMD Dual-Core Processor E-450(1.65GHz, 1MB L2 Cache) + AMD Radeon HD 6320M Discrete-Class Graphics

8gb 1333mhz ddr3 ram

11.6in display (1366x768)

I will most likely put a SSD in it as well.

Not that worried if it doesn't work, but I was thinking that fm12 is a perfect game for class and boring nights at work.

Those are by far one of the most random specifications i have ever seen. 8 gigs of ram which you'll never use. A horrible processor and a mid range netbook graphics card. And you're planning to put an SSD in.

My brain is about to cramp, it's just so ridiculous it makes no sense, at all, whatsoever. None.

Personal suggestion; If you can the Lenovo ThinkPad series are fairly decent when it comes to specifications(and most of them don't have membrane keyboards which is IMO very imporant if you plan on using them to type anything whatsoever).

Not sure why you wouldn't put an SSD in it, they are only a couple hundred dollars. I suppose I could just get another laptop and call it a day. I just really like how long the battery life is on netbooks. My asus eee-pc has a 10 hour battery life, but I'm giving it up to my wife so I figure I would get another netbook. I don't particularly feel like taking a full size laptop to class, and I certainly wouldn't take it to work.

I dread to think how much putting an SSD in a netbook would cost.

Portable computer specifications are a joke these days. Someone posted one the other day that had a 1600x900 resolution but came with a blu ray drive! They're just putting gimmicks in so they can sell poor models for a lot of money. It's not really right.

Archived