Strange moments

What is the strangest moment you've seen in FM12 so far?

For me one moment stands out. Being 1-0 down at home to Liverpool early on my side got a bit of pressure back on them. In a quick flowing move my side got forward and my young right winger put in a low hard ball from about 35 yards out. It fell to the feet of my top scorer who took a touch, tapped it towards goal past the keeper as he went down under what looked a hard challenge. Now, imagine my shock when this goal was ruled out. Then imagine my shock as I found out that it was ruled out as my player "dived" having already put the ball towards goal. He even received a yellow card for his troubles...

...really ref? He dived despite the ball already heading directly into the net?

Strangest moment for me was when one of my players got the ball on the left flank and ran forward, only to stop and turn back. He then stayed still doing stepovers for about 7minutes in game while the opposition stood there. Then finally a player came over to tackle my player and all he did was shield the ball while the other player stood behind him. This went on for the next 13minutes until half time.

Was hilarious as well as weird. I would have made a video but the stupid video recorder doesn't work unless its for goals, or if it does it''s just stupidly complicated to do.

No really strange moments on FM12 so far (well, there was the cross which my defender 'cleared' into his own net under no pressure with the keeper right there ready to catch it…), but I had something similar to the OP near the end of my FM11 game.

Opposition left-winger sends a low ball across the six yard box, with their striker running in to meet it. My CB desperately attempts a sliding tackle to stop him scoring, and gets a foot to the ball but only sends it into the goal. Opponents run off celebrating until the referee calls the striker over, books him for diving, and play restarts with a free kick…

Baffling moment to dive, but the post-match report never suggested there was anything wrong with the decision :D

My striker being through one-on-one with the GK in the 93rd minute of a Cup game and then as he approached the box, the keeper mysteriously went down injured and my striker promptly turned and booted the ball out for a throw-in instead of kicking it into the empty goal. Good job I was already 2-1 up and held on for the win.

I also awarded my striker the "Paulo Di Canio Goalkeeper Compassion Award"

Strangely, I was playing Swindon Town at the time...

What is the strangest moment you've seen in FM12 so far?

For me one moment stands out. Being 1-0 down at home to Liverpool early on my side got a bit of pressure back on them. In a quick flowing move my side got forward and my young right winger put in a low hard ball from about 35 yards out. It fell to the feet of my top scorer who took a touch, tapped it towards goal past the keeper as he went down under what looked a hard challenge. Now, imagine my shock when this goal was ruled out. Then imagine my shock as I found out that it was ruled out as

my player "dived" having already put the ball towards goal. He even received a yellow card for

...really ref? He dived despite the ball already heading directly into the net?

did you blast the ref afterwards?

Archived