Playing with an anchor player in the middle?

Is there any way to set an anchor player to stay in the centre, rather than covering left and right? At the moment, I'm playing as Crewe, and want to try and keep the formation as compact and narrow as possible, to encourage a long ball game through the middle so that the passes always find someone. It's a bit of a risk only playing with two at the back, but the idea is that we keep possession first and foremost- if the other team haven't got the ball, it shouldn't matter that we're so fragile defensively. Besides, both of them have got decent Tackling, so it's not too bad.

As it stands, I'm looking at a great MD C who I think could do a job, and I've got the resources to bring him in, but it's no good if he's going to keep trying to go wide all the time. The rest of the team have the right sort of stats with the idea, although if anyone can recommend players with high passing who are undervalued, I'd love to check them out. How much does Character matter? A lot of my players are confident, but this new one isn't...

If it's not possible to change the anchor's movement, I may just have to have a rethink about the structure, put him as a defender or something.

v6okzc.jpg

Also, it'd be really radical if we could actually see the match, like, as graphics, rather than just text. And does anyone else think Chris Bart-Williams is overstatted? Guy's a BEAST.

PS: Apologies if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find an Amiga forum ;)

Archived