How do i get more players to appear on my player search?

Whenever i go on my player search it only brings up the big names plus players from england so whenever i search for some young up and coming talents ages 16-20 it only brings up english players plus 1-2 french ones. On previous games the more scouting knowledge you had the more players appear but this year i have full scouting knowledge of most the major countries. e.g spain, germany, italy yet no young prospects are appearing on my search. i have even tried sending my scouts to just look for under 20 players but still they appear on his scouting screen but not on the player search. Any ideas how i can get more in my player searching?

I have tried all suggestions above. When i change nationality in the filter it brings up maybe 3-5 players of that nationality and I've scouted numerous nations such as Germany brazil argentina Spain France Italy and many more and still if I select a country I scouted In the search filter such as Spain still only a few players appear. I also always have unrealistic targets not ticked. Really stumped as to how to get more under 20 players to appear.

old school CM and now FM games have never really shown up up-and-coming young players on searches, I believe as an incentive to scout around (so it's not just unbelievably easy to find good players). I also heard that scouting knowledge did make a difference here, so maybe that's just not working as it should be

I have a large database with England Spain Germany and Italy as playable leagues. I can't check how many show up as on phone and won't be able to use comp untill tomorrow but will check and reply tomorrow on how many show up. Will it say somewhere how many we're found?

I have done that got an Italian and Spanish and German scout with full knowledge of there countries plus since I signed them they also have full knowledge of quite a few other nations as well but still no luck with under 20s as I like to try and sign some of the best regens as possible but hardly any foreign ones appear.

Right to the question who asked to remove all filters and see how many players appear just over 23000. I also checked my scouting knowledge and world is widespread and england northern america and central europe are all high and classed as outstanding. Also to post above i am playing as aston villa.

What are the pictures for? In the last one with the scouting knowledge my club is a lot higher on all of them than that. Also I noticed earlier I had 23000 players in search but now I'm in April with all the same staff for some reason it's dropped to 18000.

What are the pictures for? In the last one with the scouting knowledge my club is a lot higher on all of them than that. Also I noticed earlier I had 30000 players in search but now I'm in April with all the same staff for some reason it's dropped to 18000.

As you see I have many more leagues than you and find 17000 players -not- in England. Playing Bradford in League One, vs you managing Aston Villa with a lot better scouting knowledge, I find it strange that you find so few players.

If I add age 16-20 to that search above, I get 3230 players who are based outside of England. Since you only find two, something is wrong with your search parameters.

• 4 months later...

I have been searching for this issue, and I'm thankful this is something that has been noticed by others.

Ironically, I noticed this issue on my first search for a player: I couldn't remember how to spell his name but I obviously I knew his position (right back), and I knew he was French and under 21, so I naturally performed the search with these criteria added and only around 20 French under 21 right backs were shown, none of which were the player in question. On various incarnations of FM I would see thousands of players under this criteria. So where was this player, whom I easily located and bought on FM2011, disappeared to?

I eventually managed to spell his name correctly and performed a search in the text box at the top right of the FM2012 screen, and there he was. So how can a player exist only if you know his name?

I have been reading the thread to attempt to understand whether this is something that has been purposely implemented in FM2012, or whether it is a flaw. If the reason is because of player knowledge levels, this still doesn't make any sense when I have a French scout with 100% knowledge of French players.

And if I perform a search for Brazilian right backs, for example, I got a list of over hundred, yet I have no scout with knowledge of Brazilian players.

When I chose my league selections at the beginning of the game, I always choose a huge database with many global leagues giving me a maximum limit of 75,000 players. Yet if I perform a generic player search without any criteria, it lists around 25,000 player. Where are the other 50,000 players that should be on my database??

I always rated the players search, and transfer scouting system of FM as it's best feature. I could spend hours manually sifting through players looking for the next big unknown star. Yet now, that part of the game has been taken away in FM2012.

I do hope this is just a error that can hopeful be repaired/patched, because it surely has diminished my enjoyment before I have even kicked a ball?

Archived