Annoying asterisk*

I think I know what you mean. It's an ugly yellow one too right?

It's because you've made a 'note' on your team. The same will happen to a player if you make a 'note' on them.

Delete that note and the annoying asterisk will be gone too. Had the same problem last week and it was doing my head trying to figure out where the hell that ugly thing came from. Finally figured it out and no more ugliness. :)

If only there was a way to disable or hide those tiny post-it images. In the past I've used the notes function extensively, without ever needing to be reminded where exactly those notes were saved. To me, they're much more of a distraction than a help.

Exactly. I'd love for SI to remove this crappy new annoying feature which wasn't there previously and we all lived just fine taking notes on whatever we wanted.

Now as it is, I don't take notes AT ALL in FM12 anymore because I don't wanna see that ugly ****.

• 4 weeks later...

I love it.

I gave myself a "note" so that I could see my name in news reports and such.

Plus give a note to certain players.

Nothing annoying about it - it works great for highlighting important news! Like a player I really want. Create a note and I instantly see where he is in my news.

Well conversely - I think it's excellent. Wish there was more ways to highlight the players you really want to.

So many pointless news items. And the asterisk is great for filtering visually.

Can't believe people are giving out about it? As I say so many pointless news items.

I love it.

I gave myself a "note" so that I could see my name in news reports and such.

Plus give a note to certain players.

Nothing annoying about it - it works great for highlighting important news! Like a player I really want. Create a note and I instantly see where he is in my news.

Got to say I like it too. It does look a bit out of place but the functionality outweighs the very slight "eyesore", for lack of a better term.

I'd be all for SI adding the ability to disable for those that want to but I hope they don't take it out.

I've still got it on my club name but have no notes saved on the club? I've also removed all notes from players that had the yellow mark too, does anyone know how to get rid of it from my club? If some of you like it, fair enough, but the game needs an option to disable it.

i personally see no reason why they can't adhere to the current way the rest of the GUI works. ie: either having player names a different colour to denote there is a note (like when they are on loan or on your shortlist) or have the little tab next to their name that says soemthing like 'nte' like they have already (inj for injury or lst for listed, or whatever).

having a star next to the name is completely out of line and actually made me think the player was so good he deserved a star next to his name :D

• 8 months later...

It hadnt bothered me but I noticed this annoying * next to my actually name in the game. Everytime my names mentioned its there. Guessing there is a note about me somewhere then. lol! odd as I never use the note feature but will double check. Had been wonder what caused it to appear.

I like it too, it's very useful. Helps remind you of things you may have forgotten. For example, I sent a centre back out on loan, as he's gonna be a good player (not the best), but I got offered a mil plus 100% wage fees. When he agreed, my captain said he's glad to see the back of him, as he disrupts the dressing room. I probably would never have noticed this, so I saved it as a note, and when he returns, the note will remind me to sell the fooker (who, ironically, is called Focher

It would be nice if the notes section worked at all, mine refuses to have any sort of reminder set, just blanks it out when you are trying to set it up, very annoying.

I used to use the notebook fuction but now dont use it at all for this very reason

I use it for my youth intake so after many seasons I still know who was the best of the intake. For example "Best of 2014/15 intake", then after a few seasons regardless of how much their star potential has changed, I will know they were the best of the intake.

Archived