Second Season Syndrome.. how do you handle it?

Finished 3rd with blackburn in my first season, so clearly expectations are heavy for my second which im approaching now..

I've been given a healthy budget to improve my squad.. but the question is.... do I?

What I mean is , do I stick with the more than capable squad I already have, which has backup in all positions...

OR...

Do I buy, buy , buy?

how do you handle it?

p.s ... I already have a full quota of youth players who I am happy with, so its just down to the first team I need to look at...

depends how you feel about your squad. i don't know what your budget looks like, but generally speaking, i take a look at my starting xi and find the weakest link and decide if i should splash the cash and really upgrade on that position or not. (sometimes more than one weakest link)... then i look at upgrading my subs just incase something goes wrong with injuries. all this since you said you have your youth setup in order.

thats the thing... I do the same .. I cant see a weak link... granted the players i have arent world beaters but all performed amazingly last season... lallana was player of the year and mark noble got into the team of the year aswell.. obviously these players wont make the front page news , but I couldnt ask for better from players..

even plauyers who didnt perform as well as i hoped, like scott dann the centre back.. i looked at who i could get to replace him and there were none better really.. probably just players on par with him..

i have 35million to spend , so a massive budget in which to work with.. especially after the first season of counting the pennies ...

been keeping my eye on vaclav kadlec. he plays for fulham in my game (sparta prague irl). he wins young player of the month about every month it seems. along with quite a few goals of the month. might be able to get him cheapish. not sure if his ability is set or a bit random though.

my strike force is set tbh.. im having trouble deciding on my strongest front line even.. all strikers performed well when called upon...

but agreed vaclav kadlec is awesome.. he was snapped up early on though..

well arsenalthebest.. i came to a compromise.. i decided to spend a lot on a few quality player, but over 48months... this means im covered for backup and all competitions and still have a damn healthy balance left over incase i need anyone by january.

Archived