The Career of a hopeful

Peter G

The Career of a Hopeful;

My first career game on FM12 whereby I'm looking to manage in new and interesting leagues leading to me to load the follow leagues to start with at the start of the game, in July/June of 2011 with a Large Database. Some leagues I may have managed in before (In previous incarnations of the game, but not since) and others are more common leagues but I'm looking to be succesfull in each and with the new add/remove league feature I can attempt challenges, even if I don't get bored. To start off with I obviously listed myself as Unemployed and loaded the game in the month of July, I hope to make this a long term game.

[b]Leagues Loaded:[/b]

[u]England:[/u] nPower League 2 and above
[u]India:[/u] I-League only
[u]Czech Republic:[/u] Second Division and above
[u]Italy:[/u] Serie A only
[u]N.Ireland:[/u] Second Division and above
[u]Ireland:[/u] First Division and above
[u]Spain:[/u] Liga Adelante and above
[u]Turkey:[/u] Second Division and above
[u]Australia:[/u] A-League only
[u]Brazil:[/u] First Division only
[u]Peru:[/u] Premier Division only
[u]Uruguay:[/u] Second Division and above

I'm in my second season now (mid-2012) so the first update will be a recap of when I joined. The current season I'm in will have a full season update then I'll go to monthly ones for season 3.

Enjoy

150px-Sport_boys.png

Sports Boys - Peruvian Premier Division

I posted some applications for jobs at the beginning of the game including jobs in Turkey and Germany, Sport Boys weren't on that list but their manager was listed as insecure, so I applied. A few days later they sacked their manager and approached me, gladly, I accepted having managed in Peru before as Universitario in FM11. My aim was to just keep up, which at the time was looking to be a tricky prospect at they languished in the drop zone they were only 1 point away from safety though, so I felt I could do it. I had a budget of £150k and a wage budget of £20k, most of which was used up. As I tried to decide what to do with the squad we played some quick games, the first being against Inti Gas. We won 1-0 and it had we thinking; "This is easy". We then failed to win in 5, drawing 0-0, 2-2 and 1-1 and losing 4-2 and 2-1. Thankfully, I joined in the midst of the transfer period so could get players if I so wish, which I did. I brought in just three players; Juan Carlos Bello, Percy Pena and Jose Ushinagua. I saw them as back-up to the first team as I sort to get rid of the players affecting morale and affecting the money balance. Luis Aquino and Felix Puntriano were released from their respective Amateur contracts immediately and three others were loaned out. Elias Reyes was sent on loan to Union Commercio, Julio Illescas to Sport Huancayo and Leumir to Inti Gas. I managed to build a good run at some point in the season and stay up for this season at least.

2011 Fixtures

2011 Peruvian Premier Division final table

Roll on 2012.

150px-Sport_boys.png

Sports Boys

Peru - Premier Division - January 2012/December 2012

League Results: P44 W26 D4 L14 GF101 GA49 GD+52 PTS82

Cup Results: N/A

Best Result: Leon de Huanuco 0-8 Sport Boys

Worst Result: Alianza 5-0 Sport Boys

Transfers: 2012 Transfers

One player to look out for in the future that I signed, Sebastien Orrego for a mere £100k straight up with more in installments. We had a better season than last year managing to challenge the top teams for a short while. In the end Allianza, Universitario and Juan Aurich proved too much. Juan Aurich won it last year so for them, it was a good year. I never had to worry about relegation, EGB and Cantolao took considerable care with that thanks to their rather pathetic performances. The 1 solitary game that Cantolao won was against EGB. I felt that we achieved more than we were expected to this year and my raid on Cesar Vallejo who were relegated last year paid a treat. I cleared out some of the players who I felt weren't worth the use of a foreign spot, nor the limited wage budget that I had. Having finish so well this season I have qualified for the Copa Sudamericana preliminary round. I'm looking to move as soon as possible to a Brazilian or Uruguayan club as they hold more reputation and standing but I think I'll have to win the league or do well in the cup to do that.

Archived