Tottenham overpowered?

Tottenham are stupidly overrated in my game it seems....

Top after 12 games, 11 wins and 1 draw, 34 goals for and a measly 5 against....

I'm in second with 32 points, 10 wins and 2 draws, 27 for and 6 against as Arsenal

Adebayor has 13 goals in 15 games and VDV (with his overrated long shooting stat) has 10 in 15, they are destroying teams with ease!

It almost makes me think, what's the point in playing? My players constantly create 5 or 6 clear cut chances and regularly miss open goals and easy 1 on 1's where the ai scores 1 chance they get a game, same old fm then!

I cannot beleive Gareth Bale in this game, his pa is downright madness in my opinion! I really don't think he can be classed above the likes of Nani when he is a one trick pony/pace merchant....his stats last year are inferior to Walcott and everyone pans him!

Has anyone else had trouble with Tottenham? City are very bad in my game, Mancini has already been sacked...Chelsea are not faring well either!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP screams out 'i don't appreciate Spurs play because i hate them'.

Van der Vaart has scored many goals from outside, or just inside, the box, which justifies his long shooting stat. Bale is player of the year, as voted by his peers, scored 2 at the weekend and is far more than a 'one trick pony' - which is funny, as you mention Walcott.. who IS a one trick pony.

As for missing chances, that's probably your tactics.. isn't that what everyone says?

Tottenham won the title in the second season (2012-2013) of my Premiership game, with only two personnel changes - Asamoah Gyan up front and Gary Cahill in defence.

As a Sunderland fan, how much did they sign Gyan for?

The OP screams out 'i don't appreciate Spurs play because i hate them'.

Van der Vaart has scored many goals from outside, or just inside, the box, which justifies his long shooting stat. Bale is player of the year, as voted by his peers, scored 2 at the weekend and is far more than a 'one trick pony' - which is funny, as you mention Walcott.. who IS a one trick pony.

As for missing chances, that's probably your tactics.. isn't that what everyone says?

Agree with what you are saying about Bale and Spurs in general. But i take the player of the award with a huge pinch of salt. He wasnt even the best winger in the league.

They arent overpowered though

Agree with what you asaying about Bale and Spurs in general. But i take the player of the award with a huge pinch of salt. He wasnt even the best winger in the league.

They arent overpowered though

Who was the best winger? I can only think of Nani that played as well as Bale.

£15.25 million. He was their main striker with a 1 in 2 goal to game ratio, until Moyes (who replaced 'Arry) splurged £33 millz on Stevan Jovetic and has barely played since.

I could only get £7.5 million when I sold him lol.

Who was the best winger? I can only think of Nani that played as well as Bale.

Nani was, Bale was outstanding but over the season Nani was the more destructive player. Superior in goals, assists, passing success, key passes per game, succesfull dribbles per game.

I would also say Silva, but though he played wide, he wasnt an out and out winger

Nani and Silva were superior last season, Silva has maintained that form now. Theo had a better output in less games and Arsenal finished higher than Tottenham. Spurs are a very good side, but in my game they are overpowered, even Spurs fans will admit they have no chance winning the league....yet in my game they are unbeatable!

Just wondered if others had seen a dominant side or they just happened to be good in my particular game?

I'm managing as Spurs, I've been involved in the title race (currently 3rd but only just off the pace). City just spanked me 5-0 at home, granted I had a badly depleted side. Worst defeat of the season. However, CL football is almost certain along with possibly the Europa League or FA Cup. I'm scoring more goals than anyone. Having played FM from the very start, this is obviously the best squad we've had and the game reflects this.

Personally (don't want to get into a slanging match here) the original poster is a little bitter. I could argue the same about Arsenal in the game being over-rated mainly as they don't appear to possess much class other than perhaps RvP and one or two other players. Considering the form vdV is in I'm happy to see that reflected in the game too. Same with the other players rated highly in-game...because get this...Spurs are really rather good in real life.

You'll never catch a gooner admitting to that it seems, in game or otherwise.

I'm managing as Spurs, I've been involved in the title race (currently 3rd but only just off the pace). City just spanked me 5-0 at home, granted I had a badly depleted side. Worst defeat of the season. However, CL football is almost certain along with possibly the Europa League or FA Cup. I'm scoring more goals than anyone. Having played FM from the very start, this is obviously the best squad we've had and the game reflects this.

Personally (don't want to get into a slanging match here) the original poster is a little bitter. I could argue the same about Arsenal in the game being over-rated mainly as they don't appear to possess much class other than perhaps RvP and one or two other players. Considering the form vdV is in I'm happy to see that reflected in the game too. Same with the other players rated highly in-game...because get this...Spurs are really rather good in real life.

You'll never catch a gooner admitting to that it seems, in game or otherwise.

As a Tottenham season ticket holder for the last 10 years, I completely agree. smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-024.gif

Adebayor always overperforms because he is highly rated physically and FM struggles to balance physical and technical attributes.

I don't think they're overrated, they're correctly rated as one of the six best sides in the league.

Been a season ticket holder for 7. Park Lane.

In all seriousness, we've had 15 years of very little to shout about. Jol gave us hope, but at the time the monopoly was still strong and we failed to punctured it. Football has changed. There is no 'top 4', just clubs that Sky and the media would like to have as a top 4. It's all up for grabs. The way I see it is, how many of our players would the other top 5 or so clubs like to include in their side? I'd say a fair amount of them.

SI + researchers have got it more or less spot on IMO.

Tottenham finished 2nd in my first year as Wolves. Looking at their transfers...

Transfers in:

Summer

-Landon Donovan (AM/ST), LA Galaxy- 5.5 million

-Javier Pinola (DL), Nurnburg- 7 million

January

-Leighton Baines (DC), Everton- 22 million

-Gokhan Gonul (DR), Fenerbahce- 11 million

Transfers out:

-Giovanni Dos Santos (AMR/ST), Sevilla (loan)- loan fee 650k

-Niko Kranjcar (AM), Sunderland- 5.25 million

-Younes Kaboul (DC), Lyon (loan)- loan fee 1.2 million

-numerous nameless youth players on loan

Donovan and Pinola were mediocre at best (Donovan scored 6 times with no assists and an average rating of 6.83 in 26 appearances and Pinola's now in the reserves) but Baines and Gonul really tightened them up at the back and I can see why they finished where they did. And now they mean business, now that Adebayor's gone back to City they've brought in Edison Cavani for 28 million. Big stuff. Spurs might go for the title this year.

on my save they bought glen johnson for 32.5m, baines for 25.5m, kuyt for 16m, 4 other players at over 10m each and a youngster at 8m. so far they have spent 130m and recouped around 26.5m. in the league they have come 3rd and 4th. ninth this season after 9 games. they are by far the biggest spenders on my game so far, man city havent spent much since the first season.

It will be interesting to see if Spurs maintain their form....if they aren't top 4, I can see Modric leaving and Bale being picked off. Arsenal had a bad start, but our current squad is definitely as good as Spurs.....if not better for me.

I guess it's unrealistic Arsenal challenging due to how poorly we started this year, so I guess it's part of the game. My only issue is how easily Spurs are winning, even versus City who are massively superior in real life

It'd be boring if the game produced expected results and finishes all the time. For the record on my game, Spurs finished 6th. Arsenal finished 2nd and were the only team close to beating my Liverpool team first season. Does that mean my Liverpool team was overpowered, or Arsenal are overpowered? No.

im not a tottenham fan in any way, shape or form ... but all they are missing is a 20 goal a season striker and a consistant cb they are set for challenging tbh... depth of squad is excellent and their first team is unbeatable on its day...

im staying as reserved as i can about the bale being a one trick pony comment as i realise being a welshman will carry anything i say into 'fanboy' territory, but bale has consistantly shown his pace, drive and skill on the wings and his end product is superb... comparing him to theo is just insulting...

same goes for VDV shooting ability... cant think of anyone in the league who's better at what he does.... silva aside, vdv is up there as one of the best players in the prem for me.

tottenham are nowhere near overpowered.. i agree some players are though.. big tom huddlestone is too good for one example..

btw. .tottenham finished 6th in my first season that i just completed now ..... id say thats about right.. if not a little less than id expect

Bale is overrated in the game. Just saying.

He is overrated IRL also. He played well a few games in a row (particularly against Inter) and within a few days was being described as top 5 in the world (what a joke). British press will always spout on about the next big thing but they are generally talking out of their arses.

If he could consistantly produce this form then he would justify the hype but most of the games I see him play he seems to be a bit lazy. I remember Rafael marked him out of the game last year and made him look like a Championship player.

Tottenham have spent a lot over the last few seasons, and some quality players to.

First season;

Jimmy Briand- £13M

Darijo Srna- £15M

Zdravko Kuzmanovic- £9M

Daniel Braaten- £9M

Djarnerl Mesbah- £5M

Total- £51M

Second season;

Adil Rami- £12M

Oscar Cardozo- £10M

Aly Cissokho- £14M

Alexander Manninger- FREE

Edison Cavani- £35M

Ryan Shawcross- £14M

Total- £85M

Third season (July 9th currently);

Chris Brunt- £13M

Tomasz Kuszczak- £2M

Hernan Bernardello- £5M

Guillaume Gauthier- £2M

Total- £22M

Seems a bit unlikely that they’d spend £158M (offset with £48M worth of transfers) over two and a bit seasons. I know this isn’t about how much they spent, but they did finish 4th and 7th and seem to be playing really well until the end of the season, where they seem to dip in form.

He is overrated IRL also. He played well a few games in a row (particularly against Inter) and within a few days was being described as top 5 in the world (what a joke). British press will always spout on about the next big thing but they are generally talking out of their arses.

If he could consistantly produce this form then he would justify the hype but most of the games I see him play he seems to be a bit lazy. I remember Rafael marked him out of the game last year and made him look like a Championship player.

As did Phil Neville!

As a Spurs fan I'll agree some of the press last season was a bit overboard, and I expect most Spurs fan would point to Modric being our best player; but Bale is still a very, very good player. He might not be world class, but not many players are.

As to their representation in FM, I've only played a couple of seasons and Spurs have been in the top 4 in both, second in 2012/13 when they also won the FA Cup.

1st season - 7th

2nd season - 9th

3rd season - 6th

and they have held on to bale, vdv and have had several excellent signings such as hamsik, tiote, valdez, shishkin, farfan, barry and chygrynskyi.

Just aswell I'm an Arsenal fan and glad to see them struggle ;)

Tottenham are stupidly overrated in my game it seems....

Top after 12 games, 11 wins and 1 draw, 34 goals for and a measly 5 against....

I'm in second with 32 points, 10 wins and 2 draws, 27 for and 6 against as Arsenal

Adebayor has 13 goals in 15 games and VDV (with his overrated long shooting stat) has 10 in 15, they are destroying teams with ease!

It almost makes me think, what's the point in playing? My players constantly create 5 or 6 clear cut chances and regularly miss open goals and easy 1 on 1's where the ai scores 1 chance they get a game, same old fm then!

I cannot beleive Gareth Bale in this game, his pa is downright madness in my opinion! I really don't think he can be classed above the likes of Nani when he is a one trick pony/pace merchant....his stats last year are inferior to Walcott and everyone pans him!

Has anyone else had trouble with Tottenham? City are very bad in my game, Mancini has already been sacked...Chelsea are not faring well either!

If anyone posts another thread about any team being overpowered I might kill myself! grrr!

For what it's worth, I'm a QPR fan and was recently at White Hart Lane to see Tottenham beat us 3-1 and came away mortified that there might be other teams out there that are better than them. ;)

On a more serious note, each game can obviously pan out a little differently and this would need to be assessed over a period of time and over a number of games to be credible data that needs acting on.

Tottenham have good squad depth irl, but yeah, certain players are overpowered.

After god knows how many mistakes last season, Gomes still comes away vastly overrated with not a single goalkeeping attribute under 10. There is a reason Redknapp picks a 40 year old Brad Friedel over him.

Archived