no b-team for everton?

after finishing my first season with everton, i decided to start a second game with german based dresden.

one major issue i had with everton, were that all players including the youth are shown in only one squad. no reserve team, no youth. it was really annoing to have like 30 player to scroll thru to find the one you want to bring in to your starting eleven. so i was really suprised to have a b-team at my dresden-game. i was more suprised that because the whole interaction with players were somewhat different in case of an existing b-team. in my everton game i could transfer-list players immidiatly just by hitting one button...at my dresden team this demotes them to the second team and i had to go to the contract screen to change his transfer-status.

ist it intended to have these differences? why are their no second clubs for all playable teams? is it just me or did i miss something?

after finishing my first season with everton, i decided to start a second game with german based dresden.

one major issue i had with everton, were that all players including the youth are shown in only one squad. no reserve team, no youth. it was really annoing to have like 30 player to scroll thru to find the one you want to bring in to your starting eleven. so i was really suprised to have a b-team at my dresden-game. i was more suprised that because the whole interaction with players were somewhat different in case of an existing b-team. in my everton game i could transfer-list players immidiatly just by hitting one button...at my dresden team this demotes them to the second team and i had to go to the contract screen to change his transfer-status.

ist it intended to have these differences? why are their no second clubs for all playable teams? is it just me or did i miss something?

• SI Staff

Simply put B-teams exist in some non-English leagues because they are in active leagues modelled by the game and so obviously need to exist.

Them and their players would be in memory anyway regardless of whether we linked them as 'proper' B-teams, in England we already have the 'heaviest' leagues in the game in terms of actual number of clubs and players present - hence having reserve teams for the first iteration of the game wasn't practical simply for memory reasons.

Its something we'll revisit for the next version should we be able to compact things down enough to allow it - but for the first version it simply wasn't viable to allow reserve teams in England.

• SI Staff

Each team can have a maximum of 36 players, which is generally enough space for most people to have a decent rotation policy at a top club imho - on the squad screen it shows the player count incidentally as a reminder for people.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the limit of 36 players per team, does the count seperate for first and second team squad or are 36 players regardless what team i put them into? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For teams with 'B' teams (such as some in Spain) you're in a fortunate position and you actually have 72 spaces because they are from a technical perspective handled as two teams.

(as I indicated it wasn't possible to take this approach for the English teams simply because (1) english reserve teams aren't in leagues modelled in the game, (2) the amount of data in the english leagues is already the largest in the game making squeezing more into it inpossible for the first version of the game)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

Each team can have a maximum of 36 players, which is generally enough space for most people to have a decent rotation policy at a top club imho </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah - after a few seasons once you've got rid of all the unwanted players, 36 is plenty. Every other week I've got someone having a pop about not being in the first team. icon_smile.gif

I agree with kev_lfc, 36 players is plenty especially when players tend to complain every couple of matches if they haven't, played about not getting enough first-team football.

Also, at Barcelona, whenever i make some space in my first-team, then the spaces get filled straight away by academy players that keep getting promoted all the time.

Archived