How are you getting on in your Football Manager Handheld save?

I've spent a lot of time on trains/ buses this week which gave me a chance to play FMHi on my phone. I like it a lot. It's like a lovechild of CM 97/98 and CM 01/02. Anyways, on here this forum is full of people asking Marc Vaughan (Bless you, must have saintly patience) when new games are out etc. How is every one getting on in their current games? Theres very little discussion.

In my current game on FMHi 2011 I am AFC Wimbledon. First season I finished 7th in Blue Square Premier, second season promoted through playoffs, third season gained promotion to League 1 and in season 4 I won League 1. I am now 7th on Championship and really enjoying its speed and simplicity. I never play 2d matches, always text just like old games. I've uploaded some pics but you may need to click them to actually see them:

Squad_FMH.jpg

Heres my squad

Managger_FMH.jpg

Heres my profile

Byrne.jpg

I signed this lad for 50k and sold him for 2 million after 2 matches to Swansea. Stupid big club release clause.

Potts_FMH.jpg

This lad is on loan and his stats are unreal

So how is everyone else getting on in their saves, including the mods?

I have currently started my eighth season on my East Stirling save. It is absolutely brilliant at the moment.

First season promoted to the second division top, the the same the next season to the first division, then finished seventh in the first division in my third season.

Fourth season, I managed to win the first division.

Fifth season was a hard one, survived in the SPL on the last day, finishing 10th. However, I managed to get to the Scottish cup final, beating Rangers in extra time (Ironically, they then went on to beat Barcelona next week in the Champions League Final, and then won the World Club Championship as well.)

Sixth season was much improved, finishing second to Celtic, and winning the Scottish Cup again. Unfortunately got knocked out in the Europa League Qualifying by Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 on aggregate, but did beat them 1-0 at home.

Seventh season was the best. Finished comfortably top of the SPL, but lost in the final of the Scottish Cup. The big surprise though, was my European performance. Managed to get to the group stage by comfortably beating Basel and Benfica, then finished second in my group to Bayern, and eventually got to the Quarter Final against Bayern as well, which we went out on penalties, which was very gutting.

Eighth season is under way, although we are out of the Champo League after losing in the play off to Inter after extra time.

Can't wait to carry on, got a superb young team, a lot of whom actually are our youth.

1 game of hte 4th season left with Leeds.

1st year I finished 4th and lost in the play-off final

2nd year I finished 3rd and won the play-off final

3rd year I just stayed up

Now I am 6th with one game to go after having been in the top 3 up until the last month. It helps that I signed Villa though.

Although these have probably been mentioned but i noticed that a lot of English regens having very foreign names. Would be handy if you could slide screen on league page to go down divisions and id also like to see a players season stats during a match. Another wee thing would be if you could see line ups of matches your not involved in.

I've spent a lot of time on trains/ buses this week which gave me a chance to play FMHi on my phone. I like it a lot. It's like a lovechild of CM 97/98 and CM 01/02. Anyways, on here this forum is full of people asking Marc Vaughan (Bless you, must have saintly patience) when new games are out etc. How is every one getting on in their current games? Theres very little discussion.

The nature of this forum has been "ask Marc for features, complain about bugs, nag about price..." :p

If you're interested in discussing current games, best players and things like that you should look for affiliate fansites, like FMHVibe.

Although these have probably been mentioned but i noticed that a lot of English regens having very foreign names. Would be handy if you could slide screen on league page to go down divisions and id also like to see a players season stats during a match. Another wee thing would be if you could see line ups of matches your not involved in.

We value any suggestions and take them on board, so thanks for getting in touch.

One of the first things we suggested on the initial iFMH is to be able to swipe through divisions. This is still an active request that we have in a long list.

We added in the Positions screen to be viewable on a player profile during a match and seeing a player's History screen, which shows his season stats, would also be really useful, agreed.

The ability to see line ups of other clubs matches is a bit tricky as it would need to be kept in memory. However, after a match, if you look at a club's squad page, it should have something resembling their line-up used in their last match.

The nature of this forum has been "ask Marc for features, complain about bugs, nag about price..." :p

If you're interested in discussing current games, best players and things like that you should look for affiliate fansites, like FMHVibe.

Nah, I'd rather talk about FMH on the official forums. kthanx!

• SI Staff

This year, we're really trying to encourage more of a community feel on here so these kinds of threads are very welcome indeed.

General chatter about how people are finding the game and about how they're getting on in their saves is actually very helpful to us when it comes to improving the game, so ideally we'd like to encourage it as much as possible :D

This year, we're really trying to encourage more of a community feel on here so these kinds of threads are very welcome indeed.

General chatter about how people are finding the game and about how they're getting on in their saves is actually very helpful to us when it comes to improving the game, so ideally we'd like to encourage it as much as possible :D

Hence why I started this thread.

A couple of other little things I'd like but probably are'nt possible would be feeder clubs and some more options on the player search such as where their based etc.

Just won promotion! AFC Wimbledon in Premier League! Bring on the teams with fake badges :(;)

Hence why I started this thread.

A couple of other little things I'd like but probably are'nt possible would be feeder clubs and some more options on the player search such as where their based etc.

Just won promotion! AFC Wimbledon in Premier League! Bring on the teams with fake badges :(;)

Congrats :)

By the way. Bobby Byrne is probably David Beckham's regen ;)

First season (2016) in premiership with AFC Wimbledon I finished 8th :D

Workington! A team full of grey players won the FA Cup. Btw, i'd love this game on the PC. The more I play it the more it feels like CM3 versions. I love the text bar and how quick everything moves. Just wish there were bigger databases and more features but they'd require much more memory.

FHM would make a great FMlite for PC.

Very first FMH2012 game so far - Huddersfield Town

Friendlies;

Huddersfield Town 0-1 Wolves

Rotherham 1-3 Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town 0-0 Portsmouth

Transfers In;

James Beattie (free)

James Beattie! :D :D

Him and Rhodes will be like opposite ends of ability scale.

yeah mate. Using Beattie upfront when i play 4-5-1 away from home then using him and Rhodes in a 4-4-2 at home. Also bringing in to play Alan Lee, Lee Novak and Danny Cadamarteri into the striking lineup.

Problem with Huddersfield is that they have a massive squad full of great players, yet you can only start 11 so its difficult to give everyone a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived