Do not buy if using a macbook!!!

Works perfectly on my 2009 one.

EDIT: ... and, as I've told before, computer requirements go up. Live with it. Not to mention, apparently SI is working on a possible fix, which is more than 99% of companies would do for a computer that is UNDER SPEC (that thing in the box that you should read before buying?)

Also, good luck returning a PC game you've already opened and used up the activation code for :thup:

my argument is why make a game for high end computers only??? 90% of people wont have a computer to match the spec, plus the spec on the box is the same as what is said on FM 09!! and that works perfectly.

Got the return forms done and getting money back. so no problem there.

my argument is why make a game for high end computers only??? 90% of people wont have a computer to match the spec, plus the spec on the box is the same as what is said on FM 09!! and that works perfectly.

Got the return forms done and getting money back. so no problem there.

... high end computers only?

*facepalm*

... high end computers only?

*facepalm*

Okk, so my computer is 5 years old, it still works perfectly, never crashes, never goes wrong. Why would I need to buy a new one? Its got 2GB Ram which is still respectable, and 120GB Hard drive. it suits me fine. YES thing have moved on and massive improvements have been made, but they always are. You cant think that everyone has to buy a new computer every 2-3 years? Why stop making the game playable to people with slightly older computers.

Plus Im saying high end macs... I dont know about the PC spec.

Okk, so my computer is 5 years old, it still works perfectly, never crashes, never goes wrong. Why would I need to buy a new one? Its got 2GB Ram which is still respectable, and 120GB Hard drive. it suits me fine. YES thing have moved on and massive improvements have been made, but they always are. You cant think that everyone has to buy a new computer every 2-3 years? Why stop making the game playable to people with slightly older computers.

Plus Im saying high end macs... I dont know about the PC spec.

well, if you want to game, then, yes, you have to buy a new computer every 2-3 years...

It's fun you hit at SI, which runs the game (outside indie companies) with the lowest specs required in new games, too...

The user posted misinformation. Basically if you have an underspec graphics card you won't be able to run the game. You need a card of at least 128MB to run the game.

How is this mis information? I have a macbook and it wont run, thats what im warning people, I also put that the graphics card is under spec?? All I put is that you have to have a macbook pro to play this game.

FM10 and FM11 and FM12 all worked fine on my old laptop, which is now 6 or 7 years old I think. It was a bit slow processing matches but it ran fine! My new one however runs ridiculously quick.

In my opinion the FM games have always been reasonable in their demands on a system!

Quite amused by the suggestion that 90% of users won't have a computer to match the specs. I wonder if SI have seen a 90% drop in sales or a 90% drop in satisfaction due to legions of fans no longer being able to play the game.

Even if he meant 90% of Macbook users, that's still a crazy statistic.

FM 09: MAC System requirements: Minimum Spec: Intel Processor, OS X 10.5.5, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 / ATI X 1600 Radeon. 1 GB System RAM

Works fine on my macbook.

Spec on FM 12:

MAC Hardware requirements: OS X 10.5.8/10.6 or higher, Processor - Intel Processor, Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT/ ATI Radeon X 1600 or greater

Doenst even open.

Kinda frustrating that.

• Administrators

Am closing this as it's incorrect, only a Macbook 1.1 and 2.1 have graphics underspec (the GMA950).

3.1, 4.1 and 4.2 all ran an X3100 whilst the 5.1 and 5.2 ran the Nvidia GeForce 9400M.

Archived