Work Permits...

Ok basically I'm Man United, just into my second season. Last year I bought a crop of Brazilian youngsters that couldn't get work permits, so obviously sent them off to Antwerp. I only just realised it has to be continuous for them to gain Belgian nationality. Is there actually a way to make this happen, or is it just pointless to even have Antwerp as a feeder team? Also, what am I supposed to do in the mean time, just leave them in my reserves for five years and keep offering them new contracts every so often to see if they can get a work permit?

I don't believe it has to be continuous. Accumulative seems to be the case.

If you look in the player information screen, it will show how many days are needed, and how many have been completed to gain nationality in that particular nationality.

it does have to be continuous on fm12, I remember seeing in a thread that it is being looked into for us to be able to send players for the full length needed to gain a permit. not sure when this will happen though.

My mistake!! Didn't know it had been changed for FM12. Very odd.

I find the work permits frustrating in general. I know they changed the law on them in the UK some years back, but I thought footballers were exempt from those laws? And don't citizens of the Commonwealth have ease of access to the UK? Quite problematic when you have a talented young Canadian or Australian. Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.

completely outragous glaring mistake by SI here... surely the fella who coding in the new rules of having to have a continuous period would have gone ' well guess i should finish my job and get the other half of it sorted too'

if I was his manager that person or persons would be gone in an instant...clearly a game breaker

Archived