a way to get an advantage in the blue sqaure south/north

i have recently seen a few people on here who manage in the bottom leagues and like to say good on you, to those who like me, love the challenge.....now if your struggling i have got a tip for you all to give you a little hand.......

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW QUALITY YOUR PLAYERS ARE.....

all you have to do is, offer full time contracts to your players. offer them the same pretty "s*itty" wages, but bigger signin on fee to keep wage budget low....might make your team poor for a small while but worth it.....and train them yourself full time.

this is because i was the only proffesional team in the bsn in one save, and because i trained the players full time, they where 5x's as fit as everyone else, and after about 60 mins, the opposition was ruined, and my lads still had energy in the tank, and for the last 30 mins of every game, we should dominate and usually get around 2/3 or even more goals in that time.... helps alot

The option is under the boardroom screen. So if you do go "full time" and teh board allow it, does that mean all players go full time. Or can you still hand select a few and leave the rest part time; you just have permission to give full time contracts so to speak?

It's all about player quality for me. In fact, you have to be pretty useless not to become champions in the first season. There are so many foreign players that are of a similar standard to BSP/L2 that are willing to play for a pittance. You just need to know where to look.

Hint: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276695-FM12-Lower-League-Players ;)

You want to scrutinise this thread

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/241531-FM11-Heathxxx-Lower-League-Management-Approach/page11

Very briefly, I'd say this:

1. The margins are so small that slightly better players make a big difference; however,

2. Att his level the biggest factor is tactics, and that's what you are in control of.

I mean you can't just buy your way up the table, so you have to use real managerial skills. Being astute in bringing in freebies helps, but for me with your AI oppo managers not being too sophisticated tactically, you can really cut your tactical teeth at this level, which makes it so rewarding.

I would say focus on physical stats, then mental and then technical. I've had players with high teens in physical but poor technical and still rip teams to shreds in BSS. Mental attributes such as Decisions and flair are also killers for attack minded players.

Archived