2012 First nights thoughts.

Since I didnt buy FMH last year.... sorry me bad, I was unemployed and times where hard, I decided to head into my night reception shift at my hotel early buy the game and give it a spin. After almost 3 seasons on my night shift here are some of my thoughts and questions, bearing in mind Ive not had a new version in 2 years now, and yes to clarify I'm a Man U fan.

1. As usual it plays great, didnt find one bug/fault, nice to see.

2. Man u players, Chicharito and Welbeck look awful, Way way way below what their real life performances warrant.

3. Its a bit easy, I was playing West Ham, First season promoted with ease, Second season finished 3 and won Fa Cup, I mean Really! come on, 3rd season sat first and looking good and in later stages of Champs league. This is a bit unrealistic me thinks.

4. I managed to buy David de Gea for 7 Million after Man u paid around 18 million for him and Phil Jones for less than the 16.5 Man u paid for him. This is just crazy no ? Both are proving star players for me, big surprise.

5. I found the backdrop image of the grass makes the text harder to read is there any way to remove this backdrop or change the skin ? im guessing not.

All in all the game looks good, given I didnt buy last seasons I think its worth the money considering how much I play this game, it seems a good game, the only difference I notice from 2 years ago is the attendance figures and stadium and training improvements you can ask for. Is there any new stuff i'm missing ? is there any new Unlocks ? or just the old ones.

Oh well Ill keep you posted of any other thoughts or surprises found.

John.

• SI Staff

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! We'll be sure to take all your points on board. We weren't ever intending to introduce a massive number of new features for this version, it's more a case of evolution and improvement than revolution.

I'm afraid there's no way to change the background, one thing you could try is turning the brightness up a bit?

Hope you continue to enjoy the game!

Yes of course I did that Alari, problem is quite often im in work for long shifts sometimes stupid long 18+ hours, so to not bring my psp charger to work I used to play at minimal light settings. So introducing a pic that makes the text hard to read so makes you waste battery life seems by increasing back light and power seems *VERY* counter productive to game play to me. But what do I know... I only did game development and programming for 25 years or so :-) Please can you test and be happy and read well minimal light settings. Thanks. john.

Agreed it was easier to see text on FMH 2010 on the darker light settings thanks to the white background and black text. The darker skin, introduced in FMH 2011 and continued in FMH 2012, with white text is a more modern style.

Seeing as you cannot change this I'd suggest taking your charger to work and playing the game in its full glory on the brightest setting.

Archived