Thats it! I give up! Sort it out for 2009 S.I.

I've had enough.

I've tried and tried again to install FM08 and it wont bloody well work.

Ive installed graphics drivers, deleted caches, clean install, reinstall, patched, pointed my laptop magnetic north and even moved house in case my street was giving off bad karma.

I know when Im beaten, but i'm very far from happy. Ive scanned through the posts here and i cant believe how many people are having the same problems with getting this game to run.

97,370 have looked at the 'having problems' thread. Doesn't that say something?

Ive tried it on 4 different PC's, and got it installed on one (which wasn't mine, so ive given my mate the game).

I've played since CM2 and loved it through the years, but I'll be reluctant to buy it again because of the problems ive had with this one. Money down the drain that I can't afford to throw away.

What is going on S.I?

Is this white screen/black screen thing gonna be sorted next time?

You MUST know there's a big problem out there.

I'll risk it again in 2011, maybe my pain will have subsided by then. I suppose I'll have to start talking to the wife again now! See what you made me do??

Ade

97,370 have looked at the 'having problems' thread. Doesn't that say something?

Thats 97,370 views, not unique views and a lot of them from support staff.

It's not a big problem as the posted solutions resolve the vast majority of issues.

Talking to the wife isnt a viable solution, trust me.

What exactly is wrong? My game wouldn't install either and the Bugs forum didn't help at all (nobody seemed to know what they were doing).

If it's a Java problem, uninstall your Java and then try FM. If this doesn't work uninstall Java and reinstall a newer one. My WSM worked, for some reason, when I uninstalled my Java...

Go figure.

what would happen to all my pc's other programs if i uninstalled java? i have been down the updating road...god knows how many times and no joy.

I get a white screen with load game and a few other choices, but it freezes and writing overlaps on 2 pc's. On one of the pc's i get a black screen with an arrow when i move to the left hand side and the finger(!) when i move to the right.

Whichever way you look at it 97,370 is a lot of traffic!

Originally posted by adeboreham:

what would happen to all my pc's other programs if i uninstalled java?

The programs, which depend on Java (for instance Open Office, java applets in the browser) won't work anymore, of course. But you could try to install FM (with no Java installation). If this works, you can try to install the newest java version from Sun.

An estimated 1.8 million didn't have a problem, I've bunged the CD in at least 4 different PC's since I got it, it just does what it's meant to do.

I'm sorry but however I dress it up the answer is still the same.

As you say it worked in one PC proving it isn't faulty, ergo the rigs you're trying it on are.

Ok i surrender to the fact that I am in the minority, and 1.8m is a lot of sales (and deservedly so, it's a great game). My rant was slightly tongue in cheek, but serious nonetheless, but i wont concede that the 3 other pc's are 'faulty'. There's obviously some sort of problem here, we can all see that there's plenty of others with the exact same symptoms in the forum. I'm just so frustrated that my fav game ever wont work because of it. Someone, somewhere must know whats wrong and how to sort it out.

Thanks for your replies though.

The problem lies in the hardware/software setup on each computer which is always different. To be sure of a good installation of FM, you need to clean the computer of all traces of previous FMs, Temp files, Hidden folders, Registry entries so that no files or folders relating to FM exist. If then you make sure that your graphics card drivers and Java installations are copmpleteley up to date ( dont assume because a computer is new that this is the case ) the installation should proceed without problem. Millions of others cant be wrong!

If you still have a problem, post a thread in the Support Forum and it will be looked at in depth there.

Originally posted by adeboreham:

Ok i surrender to the fact that I am in the minority, and 1.8m is a lot of sales (and deservedly so, it's a great game). My rant was slightly tongue in cheek, but serious nonetheless, but i wont concede that the 3 other pc's are 'faulty'. There's obviously some sort of problem here, we can all see that there's plenty of others with the exact same symptoms in the forum. I'm just so frustrated that my fav game ever wont work because of it. Someone, somewhere must know whats wrong and how to sort it out.

Thanks for your replies though.

We will be only to happy to help you out, please post in the TQ support forum if you haven't already and email me the link (kris.dorey@gmail.com) and I'll try my best to get a resoloution.

Archived