A brief vent...

WHY IS THE BOARD MAD AT ME FOR THE DEPARTURE OF A PLAYER THAT THEY CHOOSE TO OVERSTEP ME AND SELL BECAUSE THE OFFER WAS TOO GOOD TO TURN DOWN!!!!

and then 2 key injuries gutted my defense, and made me desperate for new players... and having to settle for players I shouldn't have...

I understand its probably referring to the fan's view of the situation, but it shouldn't appear on a board confidence update, when they were the ones that made it happen....:mad:

Erm, you do realise people can bid for people not up for sale right Wii?

If a big team came in with what the board considered a big offer for his centerback they can sell him behind his back without him ever hinting he wanted the player gone.

To answer the OP, it's not the board who are upset with transfers, it's fans. And unhappy fans mean the board try to deflect blame on the manager and sack him. Simple as that.

Erm, you do realise people can bid for people not up for sale right Wii?

If a big team came in with what the board considered a big offer for his centerback they can sell him behind his back without him ever hinting he wanted the player gone.

To answer the OP, it's not the board who are upset with transfers, it's fans. And unhappy fans mean the board try to deflect blame on the manager and sack him. Simple as that.

I'm sure real life managers can respond to situations like these. They can talk to the press, they can resign (and have the football word acknowledge why they did it), they can talk to the players and tell them the truth in order to help them with their morale, etc.

Having no option to react to something like this, an option that the game can recognize, is not realistic at all. So please don't bring the "it's realistic" argument to the table.

I'm sure real life managers can respond to situations like these. They can talk to the press, they can resign (and have the football word acknowledge why they did it), they can talk to the players and tell them the truth in order to help them with their morale, etc.

Having no option to react to something like this, an option that the game can recognize, is not realistic at all. So please don't bring the "it's realistic" argument to the table.

I agree that you should be able to explain to the fans why it happened, or to plead with the board to keep the player by explaining how important he is to the team.

There's usually a question about the transfer in your next press conference in these cases.

WHY IS THE BOARD MAD AT ME FOR THE DEPARTURE OF A PLAYER THAT THEY CHOOSE TO OVERSTEP ME AND SELL BECAUSE THE OFFER WAS TOO GOOD TO TURN DOWN!!!!

and then 2 key injuries gutted my defense, and made me desperate for new players... and having to settle for players I shouldn't have...

I understand its probably referring to the fan's view of the situation, but it shouldn't appear on a board confidence update, when they were the ones that made it happen....:mad:

HARSH times!

For me it comes down to the lack of respect the board show in these situations. The last time it happened to me I was taken completely unaware, the player didn't have anybody interested in him and I pressed continue. Game stops to show quite a few news items, the bid had been accepted and the player sold before I even became aware of it. There could at least be a system where a bid comes in, you see it as usual but there is a message from the board telling you that they will go over your head if you don't accept it. At least that way you could come out not looking like a complete door handle. It also gives the board an opportunity to hide behind you if fans are unhappy.

You CAN resign in the game. You CAN moan in the press about it. Sure it'd be nice to be able to put in an ultimatum pre-sale, but ultimately the tools ARE there...

Except the game will not recognize the reason for that resignation so it's 100% pointless. And the press won't make anything out of your your 'moaning' nor will the fans (or board) react to it. So no, the tools are not really there at all.

You CAN resign in the game. You CAN moan in the press about it. Sure it'd be nice to be able to put in an ultimatum pre-sale, but ultimately the tools ARE there...

No, the game doesn't recognize your choice, so the tools are NOT there.

Archived