Lying Chairman

It's January 2019, and I just took the job at AS Saint-Etienne, sitting 8th in League 2 Orange.

When I was offered the contract, the chairman's message said I would be given a transfer buget of £520k, a wage budget of £145k, and a two year plan asking for me to survive League 1 Orange by the end of it.

But after I accepted it, when I tried to buy some players, my transfer budget was £0, and then checked my wage budget which was £73,810, and when I went to my confidence screen the FIVE year plan was to qualify for europe via the league.

If I'd been told these were the conditions, I would probably have held out for the Cannes job...

It's January 2019, and I just took the job at AS Saint-Etienne, sitting 8th in League 2 Orange.

When I was offered the contract, the chairman's message said I would be given a transfer buget of £520k, a wage budget of £145k, and a two year plan asking for me to survive League 1 Orange by the end of it.

But after I accepted it, when I tried to buy some players, my transfer budget was £0, and then checked my wage budget which was £73,810, and when I went to my confidence screen the FIVE year plan was to qualify for europe via the league.

If I'd been told these were the conditions, I would probably have held out for the Cannes job...

Exactly the same just happened to me. I took the Tromso job and was told I'd have £2.5m for transfers. It went over to the new season and my transfer budget was nothing, until I shifted some wage funds to make it £90k. Luckily the team is pretty good anyway, but I don't appreciate being lied to.

Happened to me before. Don't remember which team (I think it was Leeds) and my wage budget and transfer budget were cut in half. Good thing I saved already and reverted back to my Carlisle team like nothing happened and rejected the Leeds offer.

Archived