The Road To Continental Dominance

iHeadHunta x

After my previous Football Manager 2011 thread 'Expanding the Duckett Empire through the World of Football' and having brought FM 2012 tonight I have decided to jump straight into another career thread. The details of my save are as follows:

Database - 12.3

Database Size - Large

Edits - Susie Real Names for Clubs, Competitions and Awards

Leagues Loaded:

Africa - South Africa

Asia - Australia, China, South Korea

Europe - England, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, Finland, Romania, Sweden, Belgium, France, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, Croatia, Greece, Serbia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Hungary, Norway, Wales, Denmark, Poland

North America - Mexico, United States

South America - Argentina, Brazil

Also Leagues may be added or removed as the career progresses.

I have decided to start my career with my reputation as Sunday League Footballer for realism purposes

Goals

- Achieve the Champions League with Chelsea

- To manage Reading

- To achieve success in all 5 continental competitions

- To become the best manager in the World.

Aims

• Gain a Promotion
  • Win a Cup Competition
  • Win the Highest Division in a Nation
  • Win a Continental Cup Competition in All 5 Continents
  • Win top-level league titles in all of the "big five" European leagues - England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France
  • Win a top level league title in another continent
  • Win the Uefa Champions League
  • Win the Uefa Champions League with Chelsea
  • Manage my Local Side Reading
  • Win an International Competition
  • Win the World Cup with England
  • Win the World Cup with an African Nation
  • Take a Minow Club up the World Rankings

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luverdense.png

July 12th 2011 - Luverdense EC - Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

Club Information

The club was founded on January 24, 2004, by entrepreneurs and farmers. The club name, Luverdense, refers to the demonym used to refer to people born in Lucas do Rio Verde city. The club won the Copa Governador do Mato Grosso in 2004 and 2007.[2] As the club won the 2007 edition, the club qualified to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série C 2008. Luverdense won the Campeonato Matogrossense for the first time on May 17, 2009, after beating Araguaia in the final.

As things Stood when I Took Over

Campeonato Brasileiro Série C - Stage One still not started

Campeonato Matogrossense - Fixtures I League Table I - Before I took over the club the squad had progressed quite well in the Campeonato Matogrossense as we progressed through the group stage but fell one stop short of the final as we was beaten over two legs by Vila Aurora on Penalties.

2011 Season Review - Luverdense EC - Campeonato Brasileiro Série C

Luverdense.png

Serie C 1st Stage I Serie C 2nd Stage I Serie C Fixtures - After taking over 2 weeks before the Serie C Stage One campaign got up and running i had very little time to sign anybody so i had to make use of the current squad and we qualified through to the 2nd Stage in 2nd place behind Caxias. The second stage had seen us come up against Caxias again and we pulled off a fantastic achievement by achieving promotion after finishing 2nd position. We didn't play fantastic winning now and again but we gained promotion which is the main thing.

Campeonato Matogrossense Group Stage I Campeonato Matogrossense Fixtures - I Took over the club after the Campeonato Matogrossense ended but we qualified through the group stage fairly easily coming in 2nd place as we won 10 out of the 14 games. We then comfortably beat Mixto in the Quater Finals but we lost in the Semi-Finals to Vila Aurora. By what i can see they played very well and this was highlighted by the squad reaching the semi-final.

Transfers - With very little time for transfers before the season I only brought in one players on loan and he was key in helping gain promotion.

Luizinho - 4 goals in 13 games but a fairly good average match rating so this loan signing was a good signing in my eye.

Overview I Facilities I Finances

Year        Team                 Country       League           Position       Notes and Info    
2011        Luverdense EC       Brazil        Série C               2nd            Promotion

Oh god, not the Brazilian Serie C! If you can win promotion from that you can do any of those aims!

Ha I was quite suprised because the squad in my eyes wasn't capable of promotion and the media agreed but we pulled it off so hopefully we can push up the Brazillian football structure, Thanks for taking the time to read mate

What's so hard about Brazilian Serie C? I see there are just 5 teams in first stage and 4 teams in the second one. Just like Euro Cup and CHampions Cup groups and a small team may qualify with a couple lucky wins in those groups so why not here?

The first stage is fairly easy but when you get to the 2nd stage i came across side who had odds of 1/6 to beat me and in all honestly i didnt have a squad capable of gaining promotion as i took over 2 weeks before start of season on a tight budget but we managed to pull it off.

Of course it's tough to do with a smaller side and truly congratulations on that :) I just couldn't figure why snake said it's particularly hard :/

Yeah I think its the fact that their are Two stages and less games so if you have a little poor run then this could cost you dearly :/

Well if there aren't any more competitions, playing friendlies with as large reputation clubs as possible will keep your players fit, get your youngsters some experience and generate your club a nice income. Hope I had that time available for my club :D

2011/2012 Off-Season News - Luverdense EC - Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

Luverdense.png

November 2nd, 2011

Contract Talks:

• A new contract has been agreed with Ryan Duckett and Luverdense EC worth £24k over 2 Years

November 19th, 2011

Campeonato Brasilleiro Serie C

• I received 180k for my final position in the Campeonato Brasilleiro Serie C
  • I won the Melhor Treinador Do Campeonato Serie C Award (Manager of the Year)

January 2nd, 2012

Sponsorship Deals:

• New main kit sponsorship worth 190k over 1 year

Initial Budgets:

• Wage Budget - 24k (Currently spending 7k)
  • Transfer Budget - £0

Campeonato Matogrossense Group Stage Draw

• Group 1 - Cuibaba, CRAC (MT), Barra Do Garcas, Operario, Mixto (MT), Juventude (MT)
  • Group 2 - Cacerense, Uniao Rondonopolis, Rondonopolis, Palmeiras (MT), Vila Aurora, Luverdense EC

Scouting Range

• The scouting range has been increased to scouting withing the continent

2012 Season Preview - Campeonato Brasilleiro Serie B - Luverdense EC

Luverdense-1.png

Campeonato Brasilleiro Serie B - Avoid Relegation

Campeonato Mattogrossense - Win Campeonato Matogrossense

Campeonato Brasilleiro Serie B Media Prediction - 20th

Wage Budget - 24k Per Week (Currently spending 7k)

Transfer Budget - £0

Transfers

Cleberson - Attacking Midfielder / Striker who will prove a pivotal part of avoiding relegation this season.

Guilherme - I felt the right side of the defence was weak so I signed Guilherme who will provide adequate replacement for the outgoing Prata.

Kleiton Domingues - A very good versatile midfielder who will play a crucial role in the heart of the midfield.

Rai - Signed Rai for a very minimal price as will provide as backup for Robson on the Left Side of the defence.

Tony - I spent the most amount of money on Tony (100k) and will partner Nunes up front.

Just saw this thread and thought I'd comment, no other reason :D

I've heard about the South American leagues but never seen anyone in them... until now. I have to say, I may avoid them in my save. I will never know how you masterminded a way out of those leagues! Great work :cool:

2012 Campeonato Matogrossense Review - Luverdense EC

Luverdense-1.png

Campeonato Matogrossense League Table I Campeonato Matogrossense Results - We played fantastic this year in the Campeonato Matogrossense. In the group stage we were truly fantastic in both attack and defence winning all 10 games scoring a record breaking 33 goals and only conceding 1 goal which again is record-breaking. Lacerda lead the squad to 10 games scoring an impressive 5 goals from a center-back. We then beat Mixto in the quatre finals after overcoming a 1-0 defeat from the 1st leg before having to overcome another 1-0 defecit in the semis against CRAC. In the final we was placed against Cuiaba winning on penalties.

Final 1st Leg

In the 1st leg of the Campeonato Matogrossense Final we played away against a good Cuiaba side. The game was an evenly matched game with both teams creating a number of goal-scoring oppurtinities but my Goalkeeper Gabriel came to the rescue but we came away victorious thanks to a goal from on-loan Manchina in the 24th minute and held on for the rest of the game for a comfortable victory.

Final 2nd Leg

We started the match on the front foot creating a number of chances through Fabio Nunes and Tony. However we took the lead just before half-time with a bullet header from Lacerda. More chances was created in the second half but we conceded two quick fires goals from Dudu in the 76th and 83rd minute respectively. The game went to penalties with Tony dispatching the winning penalty to win the cup for my side.

It's a regional thing for all clubs within a state (which is like a US one), like if there was a championship with all Istanbul clubs, even the big ones. It's seperate from the national league system completely.

Depending on your final position in the state championships you qualify for the Copa Kia do Brasil which Im in next year as i won the Campeonato Matogrossense and because their is loads of state champions ships 54 lower league teams enter it plus teams from the highest division in Brazil. :D

Depending on your final position in the state championships you qualify for the Copa Kia do Brasil which Im in next year as i won the Campeonato Matogrossense and because their is loads of state champions ships 54 lower league teams enter it plus teams from the highest division in Brazil. :D

Right okay, so the Copa Kia do Brasil is a proper cup? Like the FA Cup or Carling cup?

Archived