2nd season loan signings problem

I'm Preston North End on my game, and due to low finances I find myself loaning players a lot be it young or experienced players. Not a problem in the first season, a lot of players are available with no wage fee and also not having to pay towards their wages. 2nd season however, the exact same players I'm being asked to pay a loan fee and a wage contribution. This also includes players from my parent club Arsenal. Is there any reason for this?

The clubs holding the registration probably doesn't fancy another year of paying a players wages without having the option to play him, seems fair enough to me.

Did you get promoted back into the championship? if you did they always want you to give some wages even your parent club do

I did yeah. But it's every loan player I try to get, not just the ones I originally had. I thought the whole point of having a parent club was that they loaned you players whilst covering their wages? That's how it has been on every version until now?

If they send you a player they will pay all the wages, it was the same in FM11 not sure why they do that but I am guessing it was due to research into actual clubs and most must pay a percentage when they get loan players in

I just don't get why in the first season it isn't like this, but after 2nd season it changes?

They have made getting loans in a lot harder this year at the higher levels, which is quite annoying if you get promoted to the Championship and have little money.

It's not a second season thing as I was fine in my first couple of seasons in League Two and then League One. It just seems they've set all loans for Championship clubs and above to involve an initial fee and/or wage contribution regardless of the size and reputation of both clubs involved, whereas last year it was just when you got to the Premier League that it happened.

I have the same problem with my parent club wanting loan fees and wage contributions as well.

TUFC it was the same in FM11 as soon as you got into the Championship or above they made you pay wages and/or a loan fee. They brought it in after talking to clubs or agents and they suggested it was more realistic at that level of football for the parent clubs to want the team to pay the wages usually 100% but as far as i remember most on the game just ant 50%

TUFC it was the same in FM11 as soon as you got into the Championship or above they made you pay wages and/or a loan fee. They brought it in after talking to clubs or agents and they suggested it was more realistic at that level of football for the parent clubs to want the team to pay the wages usually 100% but as far as i remember most on the game just ant 50%

It appears you're right. I'm sure I got a fair amount of loans in, in the Championship but I must have been thinking of FM10 I guess (that save game was lost when my old computer's hard drive failed so can't check). Guess I must have been lucky with my signings last year. This is probably my first season for a while, outside of seasons in the Premier League, where I haven't had any loans in, as most clubs seem to want double my transfer budget for one loan :lol:

Just changed my parent club from Arsenal to Chelsea. The terms of the deal clearly state that loan deals would be paid in full by the parent club. I tried to loan a youngster and get asked to pay all their wages. Surely there needs to be some tweaking of this?

Just changed my parent club from Arsenal to Chelsea. The terms of the deal clearly state that loan deals would be paid in full by the parent club. I tried to loan a youngster and get asked to pay all their wages. Surely there needs to be some tweaking of this?

Those terms are for when the parent club decides to send you players on loan, not when you approach them - I don't think it should be that way, but that's how it is.

Archived