Please help...is there a limit on which international teams you can manage?

I am trying to manage Cuba but cannot get it to come up in the list of international teams. I have added all payers of nationality & based in nation and even all players from carribean/north america, but Cuba doesn't come up as an option. I can get teams like Aruba,Belize & Curacao but very few others......not even European teams like Azerbaijan etc come up......can someone shed any light please?

Thanks in advance

I've just had a look in the editor and I can only find 42 players of Cuban nationality, 53 from Aruba, 179 from Belize and 49 from Curacao. So maybe 45 is the cut off. Azerbaijan has loads of players but I can take them over in my game so maybe thats down to your starting database size?

I think you can only coach the countries that have playable leagues in the game.

I have the Qatar league in my FM2011 but can't manage them.

If the lack of players thing is correct.. does this mean, in the future, if players are created of that nationality then the team becomes manageable?

I think you can only coach the countries that have playable leagues in the game.

No, you can manage countries that don't have league in the game. A quick look at the teams available to me to take over shows Bahrain, Qatar, American Samoa, Cook Islands, Armenia, Burkina Faso, Papua New Guinea and more.

Where do you look to see teams available to you? In FM11 it would not even let me apply to most of those small countries.

Add Manager > National Teams

Although obviously who you can manage depends on the size of database you have loaded and any extra players you may have added. I've got about 90000 players which is probably why I've got a wide range of teams available to me.

I guess this was an advice of the Pentagon: If you want the MLS, you have to make Cuba unavailable.;)

Funniest thing i've seen all day!

Looks like its down to a lack of players then.....annoying as it was fine in last years game

Thanks for all the info!

Archived