Assistant Manager Opposition Instructions

Help needed please.

Got Tony Coton as assistant manager and i've put him in charge of giving my team the opposition instructions, however, pretty much every game he hardly provides any instructions and i have to select another coach to provide these instructions.

any ideas why he doesn't do it during some matches?

What attributes do i need to look for to get an assistant to provide these instructions.

cheers

Help needed please.

Got Tony Coton as assistant manager and i've put him in charge of giving my team the opposition instructions, however, pretty much every game he hardly provides any instructions and i have to select another coach to provide these instructions.

any ideas why he doesn't do it during some matches?

What attributes do i need to look for to get an assistant to provide these instructions.

cheers

what teams are you playing when he doesn't give the instructions? if you are playing against a team that's much weaker than your team then he doesn't add much instructions because he feels that none of the players are any threat

Does he know the squad yet? It takes an assman or coach time to build up a knowledge of the players - there is a bar telling you where he's at. If it's too low he won't give advice yet.

The other thing is, what's his TK (Tactical Knowledge) attribute? That's the one that determines the quality of his advice. If it's too low he won't give any.

Wasn't Coton a goalkeeper? What do they know about tactics anyway? ;)

Does he know the squad yet? It takes an assman or coach time to build up a knowledge of the players - there is a bar telling you where he's at. If it's too low he won't give advice yet.

The other thing is, what's his TK (Tactical Knowledge) attribute? That's the one that determines the quality of his advice. If it's too low he won't give any. Wasn't Coton a goalkeeper? What do they know about tactics anyway? ;)

I thought it was the Tactical Coaching Attribute that determined this.

This is from the manual:

Tactical

How tactically astute he is. More tactically astute coaches will not only be able to coach the tactical side of the game more effectively but any advice they may offer is likely to be more accurate and informative.

http://www.footballmanager.com/webmanual/fm2012/9.1.

Obviously this is the 2012 manual, but I cannot remember the original info. that led me to believe this.

I've downloaded and saved the FM12 online manual (pdf). I got it through a link on twitter from Miles. Must be linked to in a sticky in GD, surely?

Pigface, "tactically astute" is ambiguous - doesn't make clear if it is TC or TK.

EDIT: Ah, Miles' tweet was for the unofficial FM12 guide from FM-View. It's free -google it.

Archived