So should i go back to fm11 or stick with fm12?

ive recently started a career game on fm12 with lowly bristol rovers in league 2.now,up to now im enjoying it but after reading so much all over about this version being too easy,its kinda putting me off playing.

would you say this years version is significantly easier than fm 11 (11.3)....and should i go back to last years to start a long career game?

like to hear peoples opinions..thanks :)

If you're enjoying it, why stop playing it? At least wait until you have some evidence of your own that it is easier. You may not find it to be the case. I, personally, have had no real problem with difficulty yet but I'm still in my 1st season.

ive recently started a career game on fm12 with lowly bristol rovers in league 2.now,up to now im enjoying it but after reading so much all over about this version being too easy,its kinda putting me off playing.

would you say this years version is significantly easier than fm 11 (11.3)....and should i go back to last years to start a long career game?

like to hear peoples opinions..thanks :)

It seems its hit and miss with FM12, while a lot of people are finding it far easier than FM11, many are saying its still a challenge. I've started 5 saves, all with the worst teams in thier respective leagues, 4 saves have seen me in the top 6 after 20-30 games with minimal effort - not what I wanted at all, one has seen me struggle against relegation - exactly what I wanted. So for me, 1 out of 5 saves have been enjoyable while the other 4 have been far too easy and were promptly ditched.

If you get a save started and its going as you planned and liked then stick with FM12, if you keep getting frustrated with the games ease then go back to FM11.

I am loving this version. It maybe easier to play, but is a lot more fun. I found blending the tatics together in 11. Either that, or in 12 it is just better at default settings. The first "I really should go to bed now because of work in the morning" hit me last night :D

In honesty, I do not believe that it is any easier than FM11. The interface has definitely been made more powerful, and by giving more information more conveniently it has some sense of being easier to play. But this isn't necessarily a bad thing, intrinsically the AI has the same information, and I'm really hoping they can improve the AI's decision making in patches, although they haven't promised such that I know of.

In a sense, you can adjust the difficulty yourself - if you follow all the "Sign this exact player here, this exact player here, this exact player here, then use this special tactic that exploits the engine" advice that some follow in great detail, along with a couple of exploits (either vague or explicit exploits) that might be there, than it will become very easy. If you attemt to play realistically, even in a LLM fashion, it will still provide a reasonable challenge for you, although if you know or learn how to make good decisions you will almost certainly overachieve more often than not.

When you see complaints it's also worth considering that people who are enjoying the game are probably playing it happily while the ones who haven't enjoyed it are complaining on a forum: internet forums in general vastly over-represent the discontented, simply because people can't be bothered to post "I'm satisfied" but do feel motivated to say "I'm very annoyed".

Exactly; it's no easier or harder than FM11, just that (most) people have had a year already to develop their tactics. They already know what works.

If that applies, see if there is a different tactic that takes your fancy.

Me? I'm sticking with what I used last year. It gives me a brand of football that I enjoy watching, whilst not being too 'overpowered'. I'm happy with my lot.

Archived