Prmoted to BSP with messy finances.....board builds new stadium???

Hi everyone,

So I got Staines out of the BSS in first season with little trouble. Well no match trouble just a nasty -200k in the books. So end of season rolls around and doesn't the board announce that they are building a new stadium. 4000 seater, 2.3m to build and 2014 . Leaving me with a 875k loan and no profit in sight. This seems really odd when I can barely pull a 500+ crowd during the league and I did not ask them in any way to build me a new stadium?

While your here, aside from exploiting friendlies, which i have tried but no one from PREM will come for friendlies so I'm stuck with champions league with no TV $$. what are some ways I can build that bank roll up again? I do plan on going back to back for promotion and I figure L2 should start getting me to around 1000 people a game. but otherwise if things keep going the way they are I will be at -400k (or higher with 5.75k loan payments) by the end of the season.

EDIT: proof reading makes you not look silly with titles

Gotta play of your depts i think. Your amount of fans will slowly increase, even if you stay in bsp for some years

Figured as much, but no harm in asking. go figure they build a new stadium but won't allow me to scout outside of UK/Ireland.

shocked, i was Droylsden and got promoted to the premiership on fm11......spent 4 seasons there, had a balance of around £100m because i was paying championship wages to a relegation battling side....... i demaned my board build a stadium. they said no..i asked to expand they said no......so for 4 years i played prem football with a 3000 capacity stadium

I got Colwyn Bay into the BSP, followed by £200k investment in the ground, putting us £200k in debt

After promotion to League 2 at the first attempt the board built a new stadium costing £8m(!) and taking £3.5m loan and the same amount via a grant.

It's gonna be due to the rules around ground requirements but I could use that money to keep us up!

I was not aware of the forgoing promotion if the grounds can not handle the situation. I'm gathering the board making a new stadium to meet the league is a new one in FM12. In 11 I got staines up to l2 and the board did nothing. I understand wanting the realism to be there, but if there's a basis in reality I'm ok with it. Just wish my team could afford it :p

The thing is, in real life if a club can't meet the stadium criteria for the next level, they just forgo promotion. That doesn't happen in FM, so the board will splurge to meet the criteria whether you fan-base or finances warrant it or not.
I'd applaud SI if they have reintroduced stadium specification rules although if they have a heads-up would have been nice.

I would also like the option to pass on the promotion if going up meant crippling the clubs finances & the spot passing to the next highest placed team that meets the requirement or the relegated team being given a reprieve dependant on how the real life rules work.

The main problem with finances in the game is that a club can not go into bankruptcy, due to legal reasons. There are stadium specification rules in the game I think, but as long as nothing happend when a club goes into massive dept (beside a take-over), this is just cosmetic.

One thing that confuses me is that I didn't think there was any difference in the ground requirements for Blue Square Premier & Regional divisions.

Come to think of it, in theory you could finish mid-table and get promoted if none of the teams above you meet the ground standards. Never happens. What I've never done - and I bet nobody has, is check how the AI deals with teams that get promoted and have grounds that are too small. Do they routinely upgrade and get plunged into huge debt? Or does the AI quietly allow AI teams to get promoted without adequate grounds whilst employing different standards for human-controlled clubs?

I'd applaud SI if they have reintroduced stadium specification rules although if they have a heads-up would have been nice.

I would also like the option to pass on the promotion if going up meant crippling the clubs finances & the spot passing to the next highest placed team that meets the requirement or the relegated team being given a reprieve dependant on how the real life rules work.

To be honest it was just a bug that went unnoticed/unreported last year. I personally agree it would be interesting to have the option to block sides/decline promotion if the ground isn't up to scratch, but the majority decision here was that would annoy the majority of users.

Cheers.

Can you even play big money friendlies in that division? A couple buddies I know play LLM and say none of the countries that usually pay big for friendlies do this version.

Not true - I've had preseason televised tournaments with lower Premiership/Championship sides that have pulled in a good amount of money.

Not true - I've had preseason televised tournaments with lower Premiership/Championship sides that have pulled in a good amount of money.

I was unable to get the TV coverage from championship sides. is this due to it being single games and not leagues/tournies?

To be honest it was just a bug that went unnoticed/unreported last year. I personally agree it would be interesting to have the option to block sides/decline promotion if the ground isn't up to scratch, but the majority decision here was that would annoy the majority of users.

Cheers.

If it was implimented as an option while playing, then it wouldn't be so annoying, it would allow the player to make his own choice, go into debt or stay in the same league.

Cheers.

I see no harm in an option, it (decline promotion) could be a decision that is only made by the player but is presented as a board decision if selected so that it does not impact on the managers reputation.

It could even be a pre load setting like valid takeovers only which reduces realism to enhance playability for some when this rule is unchecked.

This could also see a wider use of ground sharing to meet competition requirements upon promotion & possibly allow for the code to be replicated for clubs from lesser nations that qualify for Champions/Europa league who at present have to play home games at their own stadium even if they only have 250 seats yet a 6000 seat stadium is a few miles down the road.

Edit: Looking at the rules for the English leagues in FM there would be very few instances of a club gaining promotion not meeting the minimum required stadium facilities to be admitted to the division above, what would have to be replicated are stadium upgrades for continued membership of the league/division but IMHO that wouldn't be too problematic as the differences between non-leagiue to leagues 1 & 2 to Championship & Premier league are well balanced.

If other countries operate similar rules then I would be all for them making a correctly replicated appearance in the game.

shocked, i was Droylsden and got promoted to the premiership on fm11......spent 4 seasons there, had a balance of around £100m because i was paying championship wages to a relegation battling side....... i demaned my board build a stadium. they said no..i asked to expand they said no......so for 4 years i played prem football with a 3000 capacity stadium

I played as Droylsden as well in FM11 and got several stadium increases - by the time I reached the premiership the board had expanded to circa 20,000

Archived