Any Laptop Players ?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically desktop computers should be cheaper than a laptop.

Only difference is one works as a desk computer the other as portable.

What will make a difference is the better processor. More RAm and a decent graphics card.

Research those things before buying and you're all set.

welshace, All I use the Computer for is Surfing internet, Music, Football Manager, that is all!

Tyson, Cheers, thats what I need to know. I like the idea of being able to play on the PC anywhere around the house, sick of a desktop.

Ill have a look at some with RAM and a good graphics card and post back here.

Cheers bruun, ill check the price for it.Wouldnt mind spending 400-600 for a good machine!

welshace, All I use the Computer for is Surfing internet, Music, Football Manager, that is all!

Tyson, Cheers, thats what I need to know. I like the idea of being able to play on the PC anywhere around the house, sick of a desktop.

Ill have a look at some with RAM and a good graphics card and post back here.

Cheers bruun, ill check the price for it.Wouldnt mind spending 400-600 for a good machine!

Yeh definitely worth it. It's not that much more expensive.

go for better processor (easily googleable)

more ram

definitely more than 128 mb graphics ram

in regards to processor. google it - if it's sandybridge it's the latest, arandale is the previous version

get something that is good and recommended.

I usually spend about 3 months looking for a new computer. But I'm special lol.

Just copied and pasted that into googletron

The AMD Radeon HD 6370M (sometimes also still called ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370) is a laptop graphics card for entry level notebooks.

You should aim for a mid to high level.

Although it's not bad.

Should have dedicated graphics card.

On board means it's built into the mother board. If the motherboard fails then it's gone. If the graphics card fails, then you need a new motherboard.

A standalone graphics card plugs into the motherboard.

Laptop player here.. Using a Sony Vaio EB1S1E1

4 gigs of ram

Intel i5 430m

ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5650

Thats a nice setup.. Or atleast i think so! Something looking like that you wont regret buying

exactly same as mine but I am acer aspire 5740g

i5 43m

4gb ddr

but your card is slighty better than mine. 5470... My laptop is awesome for FM...

Should have dedicated graphics card.

On board means it's built into the mother board. If the motherboard fails then it's gone. If the graphics card fails, then you need a new motherboard.

A standalone graphics card plugs into the motherboard.

And on top of that, onboard graphics can't perform at all..

+4gb ram (over this)

Dedicated means it's not built in - it will be be described as - Video or Graphics Card seperately

i5 is good but i7 preferrable.

Check the googe to compare parts

It's much like buying a car. Compare the parts:)

Sandybridge graphic cards are built into the CPU instead of the MoBo. And they are present in all laptops. Most laptops with dedicated card have the option of switching between onboard and dedicated.

And on top of that, onboard graphics can't perform at all..

Latest onboards have been very good though. They can easily play FM 3D on high.

@OP

In increasing order of performance (& price).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z570-15-6-Notebook/dp/B005TPRWMK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z570-15-6-Notebook/dp/B005TPRVQ2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Notebook-i5-2410M-Processor-GeForce/dp/B005GYJP56

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Notebook-i7-2630QM-Processor-DVD-Super/dp/B004VE733S

exactly same as mine but I am acer aspire 5740g

i5 43m

4gb ddr

but your card is slighty better than mine. 5470... My laptop is awesome for FM...

lurker... one of my systems is exactly this.. hadnt occured to me to use it for fm though... how many leagues and players can you run on it?

Penryn T94 @2.53Ghz with Dual Kingston DDR3 SODIMM's with 7 - 7 - 7 - 20 timings. A 9800GTM with 512 horses. Thing is, I paid 1500 for it. Don't reccomend a gaming lappy. A very loose example. For 600 quid, you could get a very good system that could crank FM12 along quite speedily, imho.

thinking of getting this from pc world £999 but someone from si says there is a issue with the amd graphics card anyone else had any problems with this

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM (2 GHz (2.9GHz max turbo freq), 6 MB L3 Smart Cache)

- 5 GT/s DMI

- Quad Core

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM 8 GB DDR3

Graphics card Dedicated AMD Radeon HD 6490M

Screen type HD+ High-Definition LED HP BrightView Display

Screen resolution 1600 x 900

Screen size 17.3"

Hard drive 2 x 500 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 5400 rpm

Optical disk drive Blu-ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Double Layer

Memory card reader Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader

USB 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0

Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN

WiFi Intel 802.11 b/g/n

1030 WW+BT-WIDI capable

Bluetooth Yes

Video interface 1 x HDMI

1 x VGA

Audio interface 2 headphone-out and 1 microphone-in

Sound Beats sound system with integrated subwoofer

Integrated Digital Microphone

Webcam Yes

Battery 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

Additional features Fingerprint reader

One-touch internet function

Software included "This PC is optimized for Microsoft® Office 2010. Purchase a

Product Key Card or Disc to activate full-featured Office software

preloaded on this PC.

HP QuickWeb

HP QuickSynch

HP CloudDrive (30-days trial)

HP Setup

HP Support Assistant

Cyberlink DVD suite

HP Games Console

HP Connection Manager

Windows Live Applications

Microsoft Internet Explorer

Windows Live Messenger

Adobe Reader

Adobe Flash Player"

Size 416 x 275 x 36 mm

Weight 3 kg

lurker... one of my systems is exactly this.. hadnt occured to me to use it for fm though... how many leagues and players can you run on it?

pretty much the whole world... But I make alot of leagues view only though... ( crappy ones ), Playable to good leagues about 15? the speed is pretty good. I played 4 seasons with in a week with i think 100,000 players database?

pretty much the whole world... But I make alot of leagues view only though... ( crappy ones ), Playable to good leagues about 15? the speed is pretty good. I played 4 seasons with in a week with i think 100,000 players database?

What Laptop do you have ?

How much was it, and what else is it useful for ?

Hey,

I have decided that my PC is too slow to play the FM leagues required and therefor I have decided to buy a Laptop.

I was wondering, are there any laptop users on here ? Anyone that can recommend a laptop to buy that is fast ?

ASUS G73 ... this thing is like sex ... it's a great machine for gaming, ps, work ... everything. Runs FM like a dream.

I am serious, if you want a laptop that will change your views of laptops ... this is a good one.

What Laptop do you have ?

How much was it, and what else is it useful for ?

Acer Aspire 5470G, £650, I play shooter games at 60 FPS. I basically use it for everything gaming browsing web, downloading and watching movies on HDMI.

If you buy a laptop from pc world, just format everything and reinstall windows from a downloaded version and that way you don't have junks to slow down your system, you can use your serial number when you do a fresh install.

I use one hard drive partitioned into 3.

1. For windows only C:/

2. For installing stuff /program files. D:/

3. Downloading stuff, you could just get an extra external hard drive for download. E:/

My laptop still run as fast like there's no tommorow.

You really need i5 430m or higher with 4g DDR 3 with a dedicated graphic. 512mb 1gb card.

Try to get i7 if it's within your budget.

for processors look on google and type in cpu benchmark.... then click high end.... the higher up the better realistically anything above 4000 will be suitable and shud b in ure price range.... for me i paid 480 on ebay (look at refurbished frm certain providers they can be better and much better spec for money)....

i have intel i7 processor, 6gb ram, 500gb hard-drive, 1gb dedicated graphics card, 1080p screen res.... (kept it as basic as poss)

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/millraceit/&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2754 ... this is an example supplier to maximise spec within cost....

hope this helps

If I was paying a grand for a laptop, i'd be looking at Alienware and / or a solid state hard drive.

Alienware are overpriced.

Solid State Drive are expensive, and won't really be a benefit playing FM. Loading the game and saving, maybe. But will not really increase speed of play.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-series-3-np300e5a-a03dx-15-6-laptop-silver-11296553-pdt.html

6GB RAM

Intel Core i5-2430 Processor

750GB Hard Drive

Intel HD Graphics Card

HD Screen

What Yous Reckon ?

Looks good.

Using an ASUS G51J that I was lucky enough to get at half the price since it was the one they had used for show in the shop, never had been turned on or anything though. I'm very happy withe the performance but not sure how expensive they are these days.

Archived