Steam Login Failed.

Been playing the game since release day. Tried to load it today and it's saying: 'Steam login failed. Either the specified account does not exist, or the password was wrong'.

Checked my emails and had one from Steam to confirm a change of email.. which I didn't authorise. So now I sit here with the game in my posession having bought it, yet due to someone apparently hijacking my Steam account I can't play it until they fix my account.

Why even sell the game in disc form if we can't play it when this sort of thing happens? Why remove the option of playing without Steam?

Farce.

I suggest you change the password to the email account associated with Steam, and once you get back on your account change your Steam password. If it has been hacked, you need to ask yourself how it happened and take precautions to prevent it in the future. Best of luck.

If you contact steam support they will get back to you within 24 hours.

They will ask you some questions regarding your account, for example what email address you used to register your account and may also want you take a photo of your FM 12 cd key or any other boxed game you use via steam so they can prove you are the owner of the account you are enquiring about. It is also worth going into steam settings and enabling steam guard and verifying your email address so that these things do not happen.

Been in touch but the process is ridiculous. Have to send them a photo of my box and CD Key etc.. Madness.

They just need to ensure you are the genuine account holder. You wouldn't want them just taking your word for it as you could be the person that hacked the account!

I've always found the Steam support very helpful. I had to change my registered email address over, and they requested a large amount of information - but all the information requested was only info that I would know, such as dates games were purchased, what games I had gifted etc...

I found the security of the process far outweighed the inconvenience.

It's just irritating in the sense that I want to play the game. I have the disc and a PC which, to my mind, should be all I need to play what is predominetly an offline game.

I used Steam support and forwarded them everything required at 4pm today and still no reply.

Archived