switching between defence/offence???????????????????????

im new and can not find any options to switch between offence and defence stategy

this is the most comon thing in football...........swithing between offence and defence

Umm I'll take that you play FM12' it is in the tactics screen and above your formation, you can choose between defence and offence

That is more akin to Fifa manager. In FM you build different tactics/strategies and use them in game or tweak a tactic that you are using during a match.

There is no button as such. Have you tried using the ingame tutorial to help you. Also there is a tactic and training forum which is excellent for lots of ideas on tactics/strategies and so on.

:)

Well, football's a little more subtle than that, but what you're looking for is the 'match strategy' - where it says standard. You can change that to 'Control', 'Attacking', or 'Overload' on the one hand, or 'Counter', 'Defensive', and 'Contain' on the other. You can switch between any of the seven strategies at any time in a match by going to the top panel - it used to say 'touchline shouts' or something, not sure what it says now.

You can also switch between formations while in the middle of a game, you may not quite be ready for that yet though :) Make sure you pick a team that is playing a fairly standard formation - I like 4-4-2 for starting users - and change it to something else, maybe a 4-5-1, when you feel comfortable.

theres a big difference when opponent has the ball or your team has the ball

how can i order players when and where they need to attack or defence??

modern football is all about switching fast between offence defence (offence strategy 1-2-4-3 defence strategy 5-4-1)

theres a big difference when opponent has the ball or your team has the ball

how can i order players when and where they need to attack or defence??

modern football is all about switching fast between offence defence (offence strategy 1-2-4-3 defence strategy 5-4-1)

There is a lot more to football than just attack with the ball, defend without it. You can be defensive with the ball by reducing forward runs and playing a slow tempo, or attachking without the ball by playing a high D-Line and closing down often.

The tactical system wouldn't work if you had completely separate tactics for with/without ball, as players would constantly be changing positions and getting confused by their tactics.

I'd recommend reading some of the theories in the Tactic & Training forum who will explain some of the tactical philosophies better than me.

There is a lot more to football than just attack with the ball, defend without it. You can be defensive with the ball by reducing forward runs and playing a slow tempo, or attachking without the ball by playing a high D-Line and closing down often.

The tactical system wouldn't work if you had completely separate tactics for with/without ball, as players would constantly be changing positions and getting confused by their tactics.

I'd recommend reading some of the theories in the Tactic & Training forum who will explain some of the tactical philosophies better than me.

Most common example in real life is transformation from 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with ball to 4-5-1 without ball. For more complex transformation see Chile's games under Bielsa. Players often commit foul to allow team to regroup and transform in defensive phase.

Most common example in real life is transformation from 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with ball to 4-5-1 without ball. For more complex transformation see Chile's games under Bielsa. Players often commit foul to allow team to regroup and transform in defensive phase.

But this already happens in game with the right instructions. My 4-5-1 without ball turn into a 4-3-3 with ball as my wingers are up supporting the striker. In fact, it probably turns into a 2-3-2-3 as my full backs go level with the DM.

I often hanker for the return of wibble/wobble, the current tactical system focuses far too much on the attacking side of the game with only a brief outline of what a player should do when asked to defend, for me this is why it is impossible to recreate Barcelona's real life style or why you'll hardly ever see Wayne Rooney race back to reclaim a ball that he has just lost because attacking players always seem too reluctant to perform any defensive duties other than set-piece instructions.

I am yet to find a way to get my team to defend from the front or hunt down opposition players in pairs, even closing down keeper instructions hardly ever work & by hardly ever I mean never works.

Hopefully any new match engine will allow more creative instructions on what to do when your team does not have the ball.

I am yet to find a way to get my team to defend from the front or hunt down opposition players in pairs, even closing down keeper instructions hardly ever work.

not possible at the moment. there's a lot to be done on ME in zonal defense and pressing game department.

The nature and speed of transitions are basically down to your philosophy and tactical instructions, as I understand it. Changing from a defensive 'shape' to an offensive 'shape' essentially happens automatically, it's beyond my ability to explain it though... if you watch full matches (or extended highlights) you will see it happening and you can even get some idea of how your instructions are changing it, if you are very observant.

But this already happens in game with the right instructions. My 4-5-1 without ball turn into a 4-3-3 with ball as my wingers are up supporting the striker. In fact, it probably turns into a 2-3-2-3 as my full backs go level with the DM.

You are quiet right. We are able to coax simple formation transformations using different workarounds (man marking specific players, opposition instructions, forward runs in combination with different mentality settings and so on...) this is much more of a problem for AI managers. However formation transformation in combination with zonal marking doesn't work very well in my opinion. Even bigger problem is transformation of the defenders in formations with three at the beck as well as transformation of DMC into DC or SW and vice versa.

sad to see that they did not pay attention to the most basic action in football

did any of these devs actually played football themself?

looks like this game is designed for uberteams who can attack 90 minutes...barca rules the world rite

i expected alot more for 50 euro then just put players in possition to see them play like 10 yr old amateurs who dont know when where and how to defend

What about in-game shouts???

Using shouts to alter formation and mentality every time team gains or loses ball would be extremely tedious (+ I don't think it's currently possible). If you want to alter formation between attacking and defensive phases while using zonal marking it is advisable to pick defensive formation as a base and create offensive with combination of forward runs and mentality settings. I believe that Kenco (4-5-1 morphing into 4-3-3 as described in post #11) achieves formation transformation in this way (I certainty do). It is much harder to force transformation when you chose attacking formation as a base (for instance 4-3-3 that you want to morph in to 4-5-1 when defending) although some workarounds can help. Lack of control over formation width between attacking and defensive phases in another issue in my opinion. I apologize for poor English, hopefully meaning is not completely lost in translation.

Archived