Team talks;

Let me start off by saying that I much prefer the team-talk system in this game to previous editions and although I seem to be motivating my players the majority of the time, I still don't have a consistent pattern to my team talks like I have in the past.

For example, just saying "we can win today" at home and, "i have faith" to players performing well worked wonders for me in the past.

So, I was just wondering, how does everyone else go about their team-talks? Do you do many individual ones, or positional based ones? Have you found a concrete way of motivating your players?

Personally, I can't get individual talks to work my way, I seem to de-motivate or get rid of motivation actually achieved by the team-talk.

Discuss.

Depends heavily on the personalities of the players. As a generalisation, I find being assertive and telling them to work harder in the second half/avoid complacency works well. Previously saying 'avoid complacency' upset players a lot but now it seems to be positive.

I also find that when a whole team talk doesnt get much response, the positional ones do.

What I used to do was single out the MoM for special praise but this seems to backfire in FM12 so if he's already happy/motivated, I leave it. In all respects, if they are motivated already, shut up!

Archived