Wage calculation

I have a small question regarding the transfer market and the finanncial system:

Let's say I have 70K on my wage budget. Now, let's say I have 5 players on loan at my club, and their salaries put together are 5K. With those players the salary Total I pay is 70K (Or more). Come January, and I want to start offering contracts for next years, for players running out of contracts. Will the system deduct the salaries of those on loan, as they are leaving at the end of the season? or will it not let me offer contracts due to lack of wage budget?

The board will impose wage budget restrictions because you are currently at or above 70k. This is because those new contracts would get signed now, and you would be over budget for half a season. What I would do is try to first re-sign the older players, or ones that are on wages higher than their abilities, as they will often be willing to take on wages lower than their current ones, thus lowering your overall.

On the other hand, as long as you are not way over wage budget, the board is not usually that strict that they won't let you re-sign your guys, especially if any of them are key players.

I am now in november, and 2k over my wage budget, which is 70K (2nd season with Preston, after winning league 1). Now, the board only allows me to offer up to 875 euro if i try to sign a new player, and that's if I set his status to key player, which is OK by me, because it's understandble, as I am signing them now.

The thing is, I thing the AI should be built so when offering contract in january to players from other clubs with contracts ending in June, the board should deduct the wages of the loanees leaving me at the end of the season. I still haven't reached January, and i'm hoping it will be smart enough to do that, though I doubt it.

The wage budget is for the season so if you have players on loan at your club and your club is paying a percentage of their wages they are included in your wage budget.

So if you have £70K per week to spend on wages for each week of the season, that will include all your players and any loans brought in. If the loans are at your club until the end of the season they normally leave around June unless you terminate the deal early. So this is why your wage budget in January will not deduct loans just because they are leaving in June because you still have to pay them.

You can ask the board to increase the wage budget but depending on you teams finances and your chairman's hidden attributes, it will either be yes or no. If it is no and you really want to sign these players you may have to consider terminating the loan deals.

But it does calculate it the other way around.

I mean, if my wage budget is 70K per week, and I am currently paying 67K. Then, in January I sign agree a cotnract with a player to join me on June at 4K per week. This will already be calculated, and I will not be able to sing any other players.

That's not what he's asking. He's saying that when we agree to sign a player, his wage is then taken into account when we try and sign someone, even though his wage isn't on the books yet.

He's asking if you have players on loan (leaving before June) and attempt to sign a new player (who's contract will start after June); does the wages of the loanee/s still count against the wage budget for after June...

That's not what he's asking. He's saying that when we agree to sign a player, his wage is then taken into account when we try and sign someone, even though his wage isn't on the books yet.

He's asking if you have players on loan (leaving before June) and attempt to sign a new player (who's contract will start after June); does the wages of the loanee/s still count against the wage budget for after June...

Exactly!

I do think I was understood, evev though the answers were not clear. From what I can see in game, that indeed is the situation- I think that is inncorrect. If the game counts in wages of future signing, it should also deduct wages of those leaving- the loanees.

Archived