Unrealistic Regens after adding new leagues

The only odd thing I found was the age of those regens, considering that the game year is 2012. My guess is that db was set to small, so after adding new leagues the game is filling up the teams in order to run realistically.

I can understand it fills it up with regens but such good regens? Good players in the league is already there, the rest should not be filled with such regens.

@SWaRFeGa: Age is not the point I found unrealistic. But such good players in that age? It makes me think that they are star players but discovered at late ages :)

If you're enabling a new league, you'll need newgens of all ages.

If you think having a league full of only 18-year-old newgens is "realistic" - then you're crazy.

So does that mean that adding a new league won't add ANY real players? Even if it's only 2012? Only players already in the game plus newgens? Because I don't think that's the case. New real players should be loaded so there is no need for newgens older than 18.

So does that mean that adding a new league won't add ANY real players? Even if it's only 2012? Only players already in the game plus newgens? Because I don't think that's the case. New real players should be loaded so there is no need for newgens older than 18.

No, no. Spain will be fine. But the likes of Germany will have to have plenty of newgens added - many of which will be considerably older than the usual lot.

Quote :"the game also knows how to fill such teams with older newgen players, to simulate newgens that would have come through the club youth scheme if the league had been active all along."

Are you saying that in 2012 Real and Barcelona have all their real players but the other teams are all regens? Have you used the search to see if the likes of Forlan are in your database?

Surely high rep players should be there even with a small database.

No no, they have high rep players in their squad. What i mean was there is no such regens in Real and Barca squad, they have only one-two less skilled regens which is OK. But all other teams including At. Madrid and Valencia have such skillful regens beside their high rep players.

@DaSilva9: I understand the game can create regens to fill the squad but they should not have such great attributes. I find it unrealistic.

No no, they have high rep players in their squad. What i mean was there is no such regens in Real and Barca squad, they have only one-two less skilled regens which is OK. But all other teams including At. Madrid and Valencia have such skillful regens beside their high rep players.

Finally some real answers to go with all the photos!!

Barca and Real players will all be automatically included - no doubt because of their high reputation. Other lower league clubs will have numerous players missing because of low rep. It looks like DaSilva9 might have a good point when he mentions the AI over-compensating.

Have to agree. This is a bit of a disappointment if I understand correctly.

I assumed that if you add a new league it would add that league and it's players fully, only adding the youth regens that would have come through anyway as if it had been loaded at the start.

The way it appears to work at the moment is that it takes players that are already loaded at the beginning of the game and fills the gaps with 'older' regens. Take the Spanish League for example. If you add all players from spain at the beggining of the game and then add the spanish league a few years down the line, you are fine because the game already has all of the players loaded. However if you choose a small database at the beggining and do the same, apart from Barca and Real (as has been mentioned) hardly any teams have real players so the 'older' regens are created to fill the teams? Is the about the rub of it?

This isnt a huge problem for me if i add obscure leagues to play in as I don't really know the players anyway. But it would be horrible doing it the other way and adding a big league early on and it being full of regens. Again it wont be a problem if you add loads of players at the beggining (defeats the point mind). Also not a problem if you are way into the future when all the real players have retired.

Would be good to hear SI's explanation.

We're aware of an issue whereby if you add in a league early on in the game (at the end of the first season in this case) some mid-ranking clubs will be generated with one or two players who are better than they should be. This will be fixed for a future patch.

Cheers.

We're aware of an issue whereby if you add in a league early on in the game (at the end of the first season in this case) some mid-ranking clubs will be generated with one or two players who are better than they should be. This will be fixed for a future patch.

Cheers.

Great to hear that, thanks.

Cheers.

But why aren't the real players of the mid-ranking clubs used? If you can call Schalke, At. Madrid and Sevilla mid-ranged clubs... Off course some players may have retired when adding new leagues. But shurely several "younger" real players should be loaded when later in the game you add leagues?

little off topic, but why people add new leagues? why dont just start with leagues you want from beginning? im just curious.

Some people don't have a crazy awesome computer to run all the leagues they would like to play in, or, if you're like me you might just randomly have an urge to manage in belarus for no real reason :)

If they got a low spec pc they can only run a few leagues. If then they decide it could be fun to manage in another league but it isn't loaded, then it's nice to have that option. Especially if you want to continue your save with the same manager.

I've said it before about the grey players in unselected leagues, where if Barcelona sell their goalkeepers they get a grey keeper better than any they have now...

The highest rated grey player (and thus the highest rated regen created when adding a league) should be no better than the worst player not loaded in that league. If anyone with 160+ CA is loaded, no-one with more than 160CA should be generated. If he was real he would have been loaded all along. 160 or less is fine, as he might not have been loaded even if real.

little off topic, but why people add new leagues? why dont just start with leagues you want from beginning? im just curious.
This is my demo savegame :) I wanted to continue instead of creating a new game.

Same for me, continued my demo save and added a bunch of leagues for the start of the second season. Managed to get myself an awesome newgen keeper on a free as well thanks to this issue with overly good newgens in added on leagues.

Also on the subject of free transfers, it's always been fairly easy to build a good squad on free transfers with good scouting but this year it's ridiculous, have signed Carrizo, Sanogo, Enda Stevens, Conor Clifford and Mohammed Abu all for free, they're all in my starting 11 at Celtic in the SPL and I paid transfer fee's for only 3 of my starting 11. I guess that's going a bit off topic though and probably for another thread.:)

• 2 months later...

Archived