Can i play without logging into steam?

i ask cos all that shows up on my computer is the steam logo and even though i went to a shop and bought the game all i can do is play it through steam !!!???!!!???!!! i have to wait 10 minutes for it to download ! each time i play it AANNHHHAHAHAHAAHYTRJYFUTJG !!!!

i cant put kits into the game... i cant edit... there is no football manager 2012 on my computer!!!

even when i go into the endless steam junk and find the FM12 logo nothing happens when i click it !!!!

PLEASE HELP !!!

I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME

in past FM's you got the cd, stuck it into your computer and it downloaded onto it (i.e FM folded) and everything in it was there. the game itself, editor, saves, graphics......

this year i cant find any of that ! all i get is a steam logo and every time i want to play FM12 i have to wait around 10minutes until it downloads from steam...

there is a Sports Interactive folder in my doc's with FM12 folder in that but there is nothing in that

why cant i play the game from my computer ?

You can play in offline mode. Make sure you are disconnected to the internet(disable adapter, wifi) then start steam. After it fails to log in, click start in offline mode. From there you can play the game. It is downloaded to your hard drive but in steam folder instead of usual FM folder. You can connect back to net after the game has started.

NOPE !! just tried it...FM12 doesn't start if steam is offline... its like i have the ghost of the game....and even when i download it from steam its not a real download its not actually saving onto my computer. its all on steam webpage...its like cloud ....i bought the game but its not really mine!!! its steams

It's almost as tho people refuse to read what they are being told............

your game is located Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012

It is stored on your computer.

As others have said, Steam must be running to play the game, you can however play in offline mode, To do so, you need to place steam into offline mode whilst you have an internet connection after that you can take it anywhere.

ok the game is working but i still dont have editor or all the other stuff that came with past games.........so is that whats happening this year? if all the game online why bring out a box and cd in the first place !!??

The editor is a download option via steam, once in your library there is a search box above your games, next to this is a drop down list that will currently be showing "All Games" change this to Tools and you will find the FM 2012 editor.

Some people like the physical aspect of owning a disc, some people dont have great broadband access, so a disc is an eaiser option for them. They will still need Steam to activate and play.

ok the game is working but i still dont have editor or all the other stuff that came with past games.........so is that whats happening this year? if all the game online why bring out a box and cd in the first place !!??

First place to look on a forum for answers... the stickies

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279217-FM-2012-Downloading-The-Editor-amp-Resource-Archiver

Archived