My coaches are being bought by other teams

I play with Djurgården, an average side in the swedish premier league.

All of a sudden my coaches are getting offers from other clubs, and when I try to offer them new contracts they want 5 times as much salary as they have now, and I can only offer approx what they have now so they leave for the other clubs. Here I stand without any coaches at all soon.

I have won the swedish league + cup in my 1st year and will soon enter the CL qualification games, so the future is really interesting for the club as well.

Is this something that would happen in real life, that almost all of a club's coaches suddenly get offers and leave a club standing there without staff? (Of course I try to find replacements, but I can't get as good ones as the ones who left).

I have the exact same problem here. I have coaches that have been at the club for 25 years as a coach, leave at age 64 to go abroad and coach somewhere else. And my board won't allow any wage increases, so I have to let him go. This happened with my entire youth coach staff, most of my scouts, and it happened to my GK coaches (both 4,5 stars). It's all very understandable that other clubs would like to have them, but IRL these transfers wouldn't happen.

I saw people suggest to edit them in editor and make them love club/you + increase loyalty. I think SI should rethink this whole staff hiring business. All my iconic staff members have left in the first season, i can find others just as capable, but I like to have the coaching staff that my club has IRL.

This has been a major issue int he last few FMs to be honest, staff are constantly poached by other teams, sometimes of lower reputation. The really annoying thing is that after they get a contract offer form another club they ask for an insane pay rise from you, usually one the wage budget will not allow, then when they sign with their new club the wage is a lot, lot lower than what they asked for from you.

Just a bit silly imo.

In FM11 you were usually able to to sign them up to a new contract before they left, it was usually possible to offer them an improved enough deal to stop them leaving.

Not really had this happen to be enough in FM12 yet to know whether it's equally as possible this year.

Just did a little check, my poached GK coach Bas van Noortwijk is now earning less at Schalke (1979 e/week) than he was at Feyenoord (2100 e/week). Schalke 04 reputation in FMRTE = 8200, Feyenoord rep = 6999. He has a loyalty of 8. He has been a GK coach at Feyenoord since 1987... I presume that his loyalty was generated randomly.

It would be good to base 'random loyalty' on the amount of clubs a coach has had in the past. My GK coach had 25 years at the club, aged 57. IMHO his loyalty should have automatically been set at 20.

Just did a little check, my poached GK coach Bas van Noortwijk is now earning less at Schalke (1979 e/week) than he was at Feyenoord (2100 e/week). Schalke 04 reputation in FMRTE = 8200, Feyenoord rep = 6999. He has a loyalty of 8. He has been a GK coach at Feyenoord since 1987... I presume that his loyalty was generated randomly.

It would be good to base 'random loyalty' on the amount of clubs a coach has had in the past. My GK coach had 25 years at the club, aged 57. IMHO his loyalty should have automatically been set at 20.

Makes perfect sense. Seems a lot of corners are cut when researching staff.

I used to love it when a club would systematically go after everyone of my coaches and I would end up having to give all them a raise. I think its the only thing that annoys me in my FM10 save.

Had the same in my current Liverpool save. Towards the end of the first season all sorts of clubs came in for half my staff - some were 'bigger' clubs (chelsea, man city, barca) but some weren't (villa, middeslborough, etc). In FM11 when you then tried to offer these staff new contracts you could negotiate their initially stupidly high wage demands down, but this seems much much harder in FM12. Lot's of my staff wanted an instant doubling of wages, and wouldn't negotiate one iota. Some staff movement is realistic - in my save Rodolfo Borrell left his post as coach to become first team coach at barca - that made sense - but the rest of my staff walking out on a title winning side to join a near relegation Villa team seemed odd. Another thing I've noticed is staff, including unemployed staff, demanding job roles different from/senior to their stated role. For instance, after Villa poached my backroom staff I thought I'd try to recreate the Bootroom - so found Sami Hyypia, who was unemployed and listed as a coach. He absolutely refused to negotiate and job other than ass man. Surely if he sees himself as an as man his job role shouldn’t be listed as coach?

I must say i really haven't seen this happening on FM11 and haven't played FM12 long enough yet.

If you really value your staff, don't give them the minimum contract they will accept, give them the maximum you are allowed. The compensation will deter some clubs poaching them.

Could be because of this, i always renew with staff on 5 seasons contracts.

If you really value your staff, don't give them the minimum contract they will accept, give them the maximum you are allowed. The compensation will deter some clubs poaching them.

This might work while playing top teams in the world, but playing the lesser teams this is useless. you cannot afford to splurge the money on coaches. I believe the staff market is just way to volatile for staff. SI should look into this.

F**k this...now my fitness coach was hunted by another club as well. This is so taking the edge of my game and makes me less inspired to continue.

Why is this useless feature in the game?!

My suggestion is report it in the Bug Forum, at least to call the attention from SI.

OK, so now I´ve committed a tiny sin by using FMRTE to increase me wage budget so I can get proper coaches to my club again. I want a good fitness coach to start with.

I found a coach from Brazil who is clubless and he wants €1,100 per week. Since I increased my finances I now have €275,000 to spend on salaries, of which I currently use €48,500 per week. So, how much am I allowed to pay this guy you think?

The maximum amount I can pay him is...€350 a week...WTF?!

So even if I cheat and get my club 2783628709 billion zillion euros, I still couldn't hire anyone?

As the proverb goes, cheats never prosper.

Let that be a lesson. :D

Well, if I play by the rules - I can't keep any coaches.

If I cheat - I can't get any coaches.

Ergo - find another hobby and spread the word that FM sucks. Fair enough :)

OK, so now I´ve committed a tiny sin by using FMRTE to increase me wage budget so I can get proper coaches to my club again. I want a good fitness coach to start with.

I found a coach from Brazil who is clubless and he wants €1,100 per week. Since I increased my finances I now have €275,000 to spend on salaries, of which I currently use €48,500 per week. So, how much am I allowed to pay this guy you think?

The maximum amount I can pay him is...€350 a week...WTF?!

So even if I cheat and get my club 2783628709 billion zillion euros, I still couldn't hire anyone?

If you're going to cheat with FMRTE why not just swap a rubbish coach for the one yo u want and give him a stupid contract?

You could do that with FM11 but I dont know if the early FM12 FMRTE has the staff swap function yet.

I've found (especially managing in the lower leagues) that when seeking coaches, if I offer job applicants like half (or less) of what they initially want and then slowly notch it up, I can sometimes get them to agree to the pittance my club is willing to pay. But by and large, finding applicants who don't have absurd wage demands has been one of the biggest challenges for me. Not game-breaking, but kind of annoying.

Archived