Losing Money!

I am playing as Glentoran in the Northern Irish Premier Division and I am losing money like there is no tomorrow. I am concerned about this, I am 3 months in and I am over 70k in the red. This is my first actually honest go at a game without cheating.

I am finding it tough right now to not use FMRTE to fix my finances. Please tell me what I can do and help me not go back to the cheating.

A lot of clubs start the game with wages that far exceed the kind of revenue they're able to generate, even once season tickets and end-of-season prize money/sponsorships/etc are taken into account. Don't worry about it too much even if your finances become insecure. Your chairman will almost always invest when it's really needed, and so long as you're staying around the wage cap, you really are in no danger of bankruptcy, unless you're really really unlucky (it's never happened to me tbh). It takes a bit of practise to keep a strong squad - you generally have to delist old players and find better (and cheaper) young players as your budget gets squeezed. Eventually the wage budget will adjust itself to what it should be based on the revenue and wealth of your club.

Best of ways to make a fast buck: Friendlies. Try and play against the best teams as you can and that will generate lots of cash. You don't even have to field a 1st team squad if you don't want to. Arrange one a week and you'll be in the black in no time.

Quick foray into football cluns finances

a) end of season may get a league position payment

b) start of season sponsorship

c) start of season up front TV rights

d) start of season advertising

e) season ticket sales

from then on the monthly salary bill will eat your money and likely put you into debt

Options

a) pre season friedlies against larger clubs

b) reduce salary bill e.g. negotiate contracts to smaller wages

c)success! values your players more

Most clubs simply run up a debt and are bailed out by chairmen, directors etc. Its the greed of the modern day footballer causing the problems :(

Archived