game is just too slow

does steam have any effect on how fluid and quick a game runs? I dont know, but comparing fm 11 and fm 12, there is a huge difference in terms of lagging and so on. my fm 12 is just so slow, I dont know, what the problem is. computer has been bought last year, so should be at very very least enough for fm 12, but I have a feeling, that steam just freezes the game...

is there the possibility to play the game without steam? have bought a cd key and dont have the CD :(

Actually, for me FM12 runs faster than FM11 and comparable to FM10, and I played all three through Steam (on Windows 7). Perhaps your game performance is down to changed drivers on the computer, a new program added that is competing for resources (aside from Steam), or that the new match engine in FM12 is more taxing on your system. Also, if you're running more leagues with more countries loaded now than you did in FM11, it would make sense that you'd see a performance drop. Of course, it could also specifically be down to Steam, but don't rule out the other possibilities.

Archived