Scouting: Next opposition.

Hello there. Just a quick question regarding a difference I've noticed between FM12 and other versions.

I'm in charge of Truro City in the BSS and have my one scout set to Next Opposition. In previous versions he would come back and tell me something along the lines of 'Your opponents play a defensive/offensive 4-4-2 formation and look to play on the counter-attack. They have a lot of pace up front so defend deep/don't worry about their pace. Their main threat is (such a player).' Now I receive the team report comparing my opponent's players to mine. Should I assume that I no longer receive this information, or is it just because my scout is rather duff? :D

I've just had a quick search around the forum and it doesn't appear anyone else is disappointed that this feature's been removed. The team report does help me identify their best eleven, but it no longer gives me any indication as to their style of play, such as:

Do my opponents play a high or deep defensive line? (i.e. do they press or stand off?)

Who is their main play-maker/target man, if any? (I guess I could look harder at the team report or pass concentration in their previous games?)

Do they concentrate play through the middle or down the flanks? (Maybe I should look at where they gather most assists.)

Can anyone offer any advice with this? Thanks for your help!

Archived