BigVanVader's Journeyman Adventure

BigVanVader

I've always wanted to do one of these long term journeyman careers so I've put my Dafuge's challenge game to one side (perhaps never returning to it) to give this a go. I did one last year but it was towards the end of FM11 so I only got so far. It was very fun while it lasted, managing Bradford, Leeds, Nacional(Portugal), and then just starting at Trabzonspor before giving up for FM12.

Setup

All leagues loaded from England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, with the intention to add more leagues as the game progresses.

Manager is unemployed and English with sunday league reputation.

Aims

Nothing out of the ordinary, although I'd love to win the Champions League and a top league title(Premiership, La Liga etc). I don't think I've ever done this before in my entire time playing CM/FM :o Perhaps I have but I can't remember, and I think I'd remember something like that. I can't get into your typical top flight team straight from the start game so that's probably why.

There a some teams I'd like to manage at some point, those being:

Sheffield Wednesday- The team I support.

CD Nacional- Thoroughly enjoyed my time on FM11, small crowds, no money but always over-achieving.

FC Bordeaux- They always under-acheived on FM11 and don't look too special on 12 either. To make them consistantly the top team in France and Europe would be good.

A big club in South America- Never managed there so I'll probably go there at some point.

Right, now let's get this thing going!

Holidayed for a while and recieved numerous job offers but nothing really taking my fancy until December 10th when I got offered the job at...

Celano_FC_Olimpia_logo.png

Celano Marsica | Serie C2/B

Info

Year founded: 1974

Nickname: Marsicani

Finances: Okay

Estimated value: £300k

Media prediction: 4th

Fierce Rivals: None

Other rivals: L'Aquila, Ostia Mare Lido, Francavilla al Mare, Rosetana, Giulianova, Chieti

Stadium

Name: Stadio Fabia Piccone

Capacity: 2804 all-seater

Surface: Grass

723c72eb3a0287666fd329c4b5c6b80d.jpg

Budgets

Transfer budget: £175,000

Wage budget: £18.5k per week

Current player wage total: £13.78k

First Impressions

The squad and budget are in place for an immediate promotion push. We are currently 9th, two points of the playoffs, but nine points off automatic promotion in December. This all depends on how the team play, they look good for this level but I'm usually wrong about these things. Still, coming into January with a decent budget is always a plus if things aren't going well.

Let's see how this goes!

Celano Marsica | Serie C2/B | 2011/12 | 3rd

League Table

Wow, a great first season in my career. We were looking like a possible automatic promotion place but faded towards the end and Perugia and our rivals L'Aquila pulling away from the pack, so we had to settle for a playoff place.

The playoffs were quite a test but I was suprised we actually won them. We were so lucky in the second leg of the semi-final against Giulianova. As you can see they had a man sent off early but somehow rallied in the second half to tie the game and looked to be going to the final on away goals when in added time the legend that is Luca Angelucci slots home to send us to the Final. The playoff final was much easier although Aversa Normanna has their fair share of the action.

Key Players

I've only been in charge since December but these are the lads that stood out for me:

Luca Angelucci

Antonio Croce

Francesco Campolattano

Stefano Bianciardio

Right then, let's see how the mighty Celano fare in the league above next season!

During the January window I signed a Uruguayan striker called Martin Colombo. He played absolutely awful for the five games he started despite having good stats so I dropped him to the bench. He gets upset at not playing despite only being on the bench for four games or thereabouts and after a conversation where he basically spits in my face, he requests a transfer which I accept. So, he sits on the bench for the rest of the season with the lowest morale possible and nobdy wants to buy him.

We end up getting promoted and he comes crawling back out of nowhere saying he wants to stay. I hate this guy but it looks like he's staying because I can't afford to free transfer him and nobody wants him, well, who can blame them!

Here he is

Quick Update

In November now in my second season with Celano. Sitting top of the table but not in great form, losing 2 of my last 3 games. Had some really suprising results such as beating Piacenza 7-2 and Triestina 2-1. I'll take a wild guess and say we'll finish just outside the playoffs this season, which is still over-achieving in my opinion, especially with the players we've got.

My team is the same as last year with Ivan Dazzi my only player brought in and unwanted players leaving on free transfers.

Pleased that the average attendance has more than doubled from 648 to 1414 and having 200k in the bank isn't bad either but we're still somehow losing money monthly.

Oh and I think you can guess who's my top scorer! Mr. Grumpy himself, Martin Colombo!

Celano Marsica | Serie C1/B | 2012/13 | 13th

League Table

Amazing season full of ups and downs, one moment we look like promotion the next we look like relegation. As you can see by the league standings that it was one of the tightest leagues ever. Believe it or not with 4 games to go I was actually just 1 place and 1 point behind the final playoff place, unfortunately we only managed a draw in those 4 games and finished in the lowest position we've been in all season. Our main strikers started off brightly but somewhat faded towards the end with injuries and goal droughts, with the only available players to replace them nowhere near good enough for the league we're in and were just there until their contracts run out. We did nothing worth mentioning in the cups, getting knocked out early on against similar rated teams.

Despite having one of the lowest wage budgets in the league and not spending a penny in the transfer market we find ourselve losing around £100k a month and are now £200k in debt. Oblivious to this the board have announced a new 9459 capacity stadium called the Giannitti Arena after club legend Marco Giannitti.

New Stadium

Moving On?

However, I don't think I'll be there to see the new stadium in all it's glory as I'm possibly going to move on from Celano depending what jobs come up. I'm still hesitant at the moment as Celano look to have some potential, but with this new stadium and our ever dropping finances I feel it'll be too long term of a challenge for a journeyman like myself.

Let's see what happens...

Career Stats

Celano | Serie C2/B | 3rd | 2011/12 | Promoted via playoffs

Celano | Serie C1/B | 13th | 2012/13 | Nothing

Archived