"Fan's 'contempt' for a player"

Wonderful piece of detail here, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience as to how it manifests. I'm managing Arsenal and I'm looking to bring in a second-string, preferably home grown central defender without breaking the bank on either fee or wages. So, I have been sniffing around Ryan Shawcross. Of course, given what happened with Stoke and Shawcross over the Aaron Ramsey injury, my staff are warning me of a backlash. How severe is this and will it actually effect anything other than a minor dip in fan confidence? Is this like Spurs fans hating that they pick up the likes of Adebayour, but then all is forgiven the second they knock a goal in? Or is it something more pronounced?

Wonderful piece of detail here, and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience as to how it manifests. I'm managing Arsenal and I'm looking to bring in a second-string, preferably home grown central defender without breaking the bank on either fee or wages. So, I have been sniffing around Ryan Shawcross. Of course, given what happened with Stoke and Shawcross over the Aaron Ramsey injury, my staff are warning me of a backlash. How severe is this and will it actually effect anything other than a minor dip in fan confidence? Is this like Spurs fans hating that they pick up the likes of Adebayour, but then all is forgiven the second they knock a goal in? Or is it something more pronounced?

i signed him for arsenal and have had no problems from the fans at all also i picked up van buyten for free(second season)

Fans are fickle. If you sign a player like that and he performs for the club, any past grievances will be forgotten fast. If he puts in shocking perforances, well, they'll hate you for signing him as well as the player :p I'd imagine FM attempts to replicate this phenomenom, how successfully I'm not sure.

I guess I'm repeating the question in the OP, but how is this actually implemented?

Just guessing here, but I imagine that in the Confidence->Transfers the initial signing is recorded as a 0% "Fans are disappointed with the signing of..."? In which case, if the player begins his career well enough he will get that transfer confidence bar past 50% before long and all will be forgiven?

Archived