Choosing a large Database size: Missing players

Is there any particular reason why when choosing a large Database size that certain players still cannot be found unless sed player is from a league which you have selected in your save. I would have thought that in choosing a large Database you would have access to every single player available on the game? This post is not a criticism, merely a question in order to get a better understanding.

You do realise that there are about 270,000 players in the game?

If a large database loaded them all then your computer would grind to a halt before the end of the first season.

The whole reason for the custom database option is to give you the option of loading more players than the large database gives you.

Is there any particular reason why when choosing a large Database size that certain players still cannot be found unless sed player is from a league which you have selected in your save. I would have thought that in choosing a large Database you would have access to every single player available on the game? This post is not a criticism, merely a question in order to get a better understanding.

I tried having every player loaded, the game started with over 300,000 & it died in the 7th season. Unfortunately current restrictions cannot cope with a very large database.

When you say you tried, do you mean you selected all the other nations too?

Every league selected & loaded all players from every continent, not a recommended option, it might have worked better with fewer leagues loaded as I was pushing FM too far with not only updating player stats but all the competition info too.

Archived