PDA

View Full Version : Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Dava
24-06-2008, 12:55
Hi Monkey fans, just a quick up-date as I continue to plough on....

Drew 3-3 the very next match and lost 3-1 away... I was thinking I might have been a tad over confident to start.

Changed to a defensive minded formation to knick a couple of 1-0's and it seemed to really click.

Currently on a 11 game unbeaten run, won ten and drew 1!! (I was winning 3-1 at h/t and saided I was 'pleased' big no-no drew 4-4)

Dunn is now my left winger, but please don't over react he still has 14 goals in 14 games.... although my heart sinks playing him out of position.

I will get some more detail and screenies up later on.

aaberdeenn
24-06-2008, 14:03
Well done Dava, keep up the good work.

bermybhoy
24-06-2008, 19:45
Great start Dava. Get yourself a proper left winger and you'll really be flying http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bermybhoy
24-06-2008, 19:56
Could really do with some more players...if you want to have a crack at getting the Monkeys or Softies promoted, let me know.

The order of play and story so far....

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Paul Wallace - Northern Monkeys / Ten Ton FC

2007/8. bermybhoy - BSN / 7th
2008/9. aaberdeenn - BSS / 1st, promoted!
2009/10. NepentheZ - BSP / 21st, relegated!
2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BSS / 17th
2011/12. bermybhoy - BSS / 2nd, promoted via play-offs!
2012/13. NepentheZ - BSP / 14th
2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BSP / 7th
2014/15. aaberdeenn - BSP / 13th
2015/16 NepentheZ - BSP / 13th
2016/17. Dava - BSP / Season under way
11. PaulHartman71
12. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen
Promoted via play-offs from BSS: 2011/12 - bermybhoy

Danny Roberts - Southern Softies / Legends FC

2007/8. Robert_296 - BSS / 1st, promoted!
2008/9. dafuge - BSP / 5th, play off semi-final!
2009/10. elf_30 - BSP / 17th
2010/11. Spc1485 - BSP / 11th
2011/12. Robert_296 - BSP / 17th
2012/13. PoopyPants - BSP / 15th
2013/14. dafuge - BSP / 5th, promoted!
2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 / 11th
2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 / 22nd
2016/17. dave safc - League 2 / 6th, play-off semis
2017/18. MikelLUFC - Season under way
12. ridleys
13. dafuge
14. dave safc

Honours

BSS Champions: 2007/8 - Robert_296
FA Trophy: 2008/9 - dafuge
Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 04:32
August Update

A very good month for the Legends as they started the campaign brightly. Manager Roberts assesed the squad and decided to make some changes. These are the players he bought in Transfers (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/TransfersAug.jpg).
Most of these transfers were youngsters he hoped would develop well, the rest were free players he thought could improve the squad. Roberts was most pleased with a young Swiss keeper he dubbed Mikel LUFC (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Moi-1.jpg). He stated he thought the youngster showed great potential and could make the number 1 shirt his in years to come. With these additions Roberts was pleased with the overall strength of the squad. His squad assesment is as follows.

Goalkeepers
We are very strong in this area with 3 very good keepers all under the age of 23. Mikel LUFC has a very bright future and should do well. Hardy is mainly back-up but will be used in cup games and incase of injury. Rowe is talented but not quite god enough for 1st team action he will have to prove himself in training.

Defenders
We have a good defense if a little thin on the ground. Armenean is a quality player and is the rock at the back. His partner at centre back is Yeung Chun Wai who is a very capable defender. Holgate provides exclent back-up as does Jones. On the right Peel is a real denger from set peices but can also defend. Yeung can back Peel up incase of injury. On the left Lock is good all round whether the ball is at his feet or an attackers. Rudd supplies the cover here.

Midfielders
The attacking flair here is provided by Rinaldi who is a top class player and his set-peice delivery is sublime. Along side him at attacking midfield is Chris Driver another great player. To stabilixe the midfield we have James Hooper who is excellent at robbing the ball and distributing simply. On the right we have the echnically gifted Sawyer who can cross a mean ball too. On the other wing the raw pace of Jon Williams provides an excllent outlet. There is a lot of good cover here with Prazak on the left, Sifter on the right, the aging O'Brian at DM, Weatherstone is a very promising loooking AM with Iacob able to unlock doors with his creativity but he lack the physical side of the game.

Strikers
With only 1 man being played up-top there is not a huge amount of striking force but what is there is very good. Blackburn has been the top scorer for so many years and is a very cool finisher. My only worry is that he lacks the pace to get away from his man. Howell is a very talented palyer also, his finishing ability is outstanding, again however I worry about his lack of pace. Iacob can also paly upfront. There are also some promising youngsters coming through the ranks.

Now onto the performances. After a very sucessful pre-season the confidence was high and so onto the first game against AFC Telford.

Goals from Blackburn, Rinaldi and Peel meant a 3-1 victory.

Next up was a game against Exeter of League 1 in the League Cup 1st round. Roberts fielded a second string side for this one, how did he do?

After 14 minutes the Legends were 1-0 up. Howell robbing the keeper to slide into an empty net. Howell doubled his tally on the stroke of half-time to make it 2-0. A header from Peel from a Rinaldi free-kick made it 3-0. Exeter pulled it back to 3-1 but 2 minutes later Williams drove it home to make it 4-1. A late Exeter goal wasn't enough to spoil the fans jubilent mood.

Nxt up was York and the formation York played showed they were looking for a 0-0 draw. It stayed 0-0 up until the 79th minute whe Williams fired home beautifully from 30 yeard. (it won him Goal Of the Month)

Then a trip to the Deva Stadium to play Chester. A boring game was lit up in the 74th minute with a Darren Lock free-kick which flew in off the post. 1-0 it stayed.

The final game of the month would be the League cup 2bd round tie against...Newcastle. Roberts stuck to his guns and played a weakened side again. This (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/LC2ndRound.jpg) was the result.
A fantastic game a solitary Howell goal won it for Legends FC!! Newcastle were all over them but couldn't get the ball into Hardy's net. What a performance!

So a brilliant month means that Legends FC are thorugh into the league cup 3rd round and sit top (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/AugTable.jpg) of the league.

I'm chuffed with how it's going so far and I hope I can keep it going. Some news for you. Roberts wins Manager of the month and is rewarded with a new 2-year contract. Blackburn and Armenean sigh new 3-year deals. Subsequently I'm over wage budget but the 100k we got as a sell on clause from the sale of Hunter helped things slightly.

Well I hope you enjoyed the update.
Next time - September update. Could the good start continue?

aaberdeenn
25-06-2008, 05:18
I'd like to be penned in for another season at the Monkeys at some point if that's okay?

Thanks.

rlipscombe
25-06-2008, 05:39
i'll have another crack at it again at sometime bermy... for the mOnkeys that is. although i haven't posted too much i have been reading.

keep up the good work everyone http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif (except you southerners. hope you fall from grace soon. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 08:10
Nice one. That should keep us going for a while. You can both go ahead of me, so guess that's aabs at 12 and rlipscombe at 13, unless you want to change it.

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 08:12
Mikel, top update, far more successful than we'd hope for though. Don't want to see the Monleys slip too far behind http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 08:31
September update

After the great start the team had things looked good, however Septtember would not be a great month for the Legends. Let's see how the monthe went.

League 2 vs. Lincoln (A)
The game started brilliantly for the Legends as they were 2 up after 26 minutes. Peel and Sawyer with the goals. However Lincoln pulled it level before half time. The words of encouragement were not enough as an 84th minute goal meant the Legends had lost their 1st game of the season.

JPT South 1st Round vs. Billericay (A)
Howell gave the legends a dream start as they were 1-0 up after 2 mins and it stayed that way until a 20yard freekick sailed in on the 43rd minute to make 1-1. Then the legends went down the other end and did the same thing, Prazak curling his freekick home. Billericay made it 2-2 on the 78th minute but the Legends snatched victory with an 84th minute Prazak penalty.

League 2 vs. Stockport (H)
Another early goal and again it was Howell who got it, this time in the 5th minute. Tony Barrett scored for Stockport to which the reply was a lovely free-kick from Rinaldi. Moore scored for Stockport then Barrett scored his second to make it 2-3. Lock then smashed home another free-kick to make it 3-3 and that was the scoreline until the end.

League 2 vs. Hartlepool (A)
Yet ANOTHER early goal from Howell made it 1-0 in the 3rd minute. But then a Montgomerie goal and a late Whittaker strike sunk the Legends and they lost 2-1.

Roberts was unhappy with the reliance on early goals and set-peices so he changed formation, axing Chris Driver and moving a second player upfront. The highly rated Blackburn joining Howell up-top.

League 2 vs. Dorchester (H)
So a new formtion to test out and top of the table Dorchester were the visitors. A 9th minute Yeung Wai header set them on their way and 1-0 was how it stayed. Until the 71st minute when Blackburn pounched on a poor parry to net his 150th league goal for the club. Williams used his pace to race away from the defense before smashing it home to make it 3-0. Blackburn then scored his 2nd with a good finish. 4-0 the final score.

League Cup 3rd Round vs. Birmingham (H)
Roberts stuck with the same line-up that demolished Dorchester but the match was an uphill struggle from the 11th minute onwards where Mikel LUFC cleared poorly straight to the feet of the Birmigham striker Collins who slotted the ball into the empty net. The Legends held onto the 1-0 deficit until the 56th minute when Yeung Wai was adjudged to have obstructed a Birmingham player and Alc*zar duly converted the penalty. Birmingham then sat back and the Legends couldn't find a way to goal. 2-0 it stayed.

So an indifferent month for the Legends but hopefully the new formation will start producing results. This (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/SepTable.jpg) is how the table looks. It's not all bad news, if the 2 games in hand are won then the Legends could be in an automativc promotion place.

Next Update - October - Will the new formation come good?

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 08:35
Sorry about the typo's in the last 2 updates ids there a way to spell check the post?

dave safc
25-06-2008, 08:51
Good start and good updates http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Could you show me a screenshot of the Hungarian DMC please? I signed him sheerly on the recommendation of my assistant and want to see what he's like, cheers http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 08:55
Sure I loaned him out to Hitchin so he could get some experience he looks like his stats are in the right place but he needs to work on his physical stats to really do well.

Szabo (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Hungariandude.jpg)

aaberdeenn
25-06-2008, 09:07
I'd prefer to go 13th if that's okay adjusting the list to;

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">PaulHartman71 - 11th
rlipscombe - 12th
aaberdeenn - 13th
bermybhoy - 14th</pre>

.. if that's okay?

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 09:11
Originally posted by MikelLUFC:
Sorry about the typo's in the last 2 updates is there a way to spell check the post?

I'm probably not the best person to answer since my typing is appalling, however, the best bet is probably to type it out in Word or something first. That way you also save yourself the frustration you will inevitablly experience at some point of losing everything you've typed in a lengthy post.

If it's anything major you can also request dafuge to change it.

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 09:12
Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

rlipscombe - 12th
aaberdeenn - 13th
bermybhoy - 14th</pre>

.. if that's okay?

Unlucky for some. Fine by me.

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 10:32
Originally posted by bermybhoy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikelLUFC:
Sorry about the typo's in the last 2 updates is there a way to spell check the post?

I'm probably not the best person to answer since my typing is appalling, however, the best bet is probably to type it out in Word or something first. That way you also save yourself the frustration you will inevitablly experience at some point of losing everything you've typed in a lengthy post.

If it's anything major you can also request dafuge to change it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok I might try that next time.

Also if any of the previous managers of Legends FC want to see any SS's of players they bought in don't be afraid to ask.

Dava
25-06-2008, 12:48
Quick up-date

My photobucket account is locked, so I can't give any screenies but I will when i'm back in.

I have managed to get 3 loan signings, although a star centre half will not extend to the rest of the season. Got my left winger and a great attacking mid both from leicester. Both have been excellent definitely in top 5 preformers.

Smith signed a new contract.. finally, as his contract was up at the end of the season I began to wonder.

Cook will not sign, although his stats are great his form is not and never has been looking at his history but he has another year after mine to re-consider.

Promptly moved Dunn up-front who has struggled.... only 7 in the last twenty.

I hit a sticky patch just before christmas (as soon as my unbeaten run came to an end) lost 3 and drew 2 at this time. Got knocked out the FA cup second round too.

I am currently 32 games in Pld 32 Won 21 Drew 6 Lost 5 Pts 69.

I am topping the table by 7 points!

Still in the FA Trophy and Sentanta Shield.

All in all the starting 11 is definitely worth it's position but the back-up is fairly poor. I am really happy with the season so far and pretty confident of promotion. The bank balance is also £1m which will be great if (touch wood) we get promoted and a better standard of player are available top buy.

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 14:47
Doing brilliantly Dava. Keep it up and promotion's a stick-on. What's happened to Dunn though? On course to be his first season of less than a 1-in-1 average for aaaaages.

thezogsageordie
25-06-2008, 14:48
Still need a Monkeys manager?

MikelLUFC
25-06-2008, 14:49
I'll write up the October report in the morning. Good news for all you Northerners out there October was not a good month for the Softies http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

aaberdeenn
25-06-2008, 14:50
Well done Dava, keep it going. Hopefully we can get into League 2 finally.

bermybhoy
25-06-2008, 14:50
Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

Always...will add you to the list. Nice one.

Oh, we do need the magic word though.

rlipscombe
26-06-2008, 06:45
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

rlipscombe - 12th
aaberdeenn - 13th
bermybhoy - 14th</pre>

.. if that's okay?

Unlucky for some. Fine by me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

don't know if Zog wants to go before me as i might not be able to do my stint for a few weeks or so....

PaulHartman71
26-06-2008, 07:38
Well done Dava, I might have the big task of being our first person managing Ten Ton in the Football League!

I thought you said 'I promptly moved Dunn Up-front',surely he should of been playing there anyway http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

But if it works, then i'm in full support of it http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

turn it upto 11
26-06-2008, 07:45
[QUOTE]Originally posted by turn it upto 11:
So, are you going to be taking part?(

and me to the list please if its still open for sign up, cant do this week as its a rough week at work. i have next week off, although im guessing you have like 2 people in advance.

Dava
26-06-2008, 09:21
I thought you said 'I promptly moved Dunn Up-front',surely he should of been playing there anyway

I was forced to play him left wing, he still got 14 in 14 from there and when I signed my loanee he was moved to his best position!

Although he did play better at left wing? odd..

thezogsageordie
26-06-2008, 13:16
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

Always...will add you to the list. Nice one.

Oh, we do need the magic word though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, mate, didn't mean to sound pompus(sp?).

Please may I, Sam Fuller, be added to the waiting list to become the new Monkeys manager and lead them to Promotion?

Robert_296
26-06-2008, 13:26
Not the wrod he was looking ofr http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Read the rules

thezogsageordie
26-06-2008, 13:30
Sorry! LOL, I'll admit, if you didn't already know that I jumped on this bandwagon - I shall read.

thezogsageordie
26-06-2008, 13:33
If you want to take part
Just post your interest in the thread. Please mention '3IAR' so I know you've read this far at least http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bermybhoy
26-06-2008, 14:29
That's pretty funny. Nice to see you were tought some manners though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Of course. Will add you to the list. Think we're good for the next few seasons on both sides now.

bermybhoy
26-06-2008, 14:31
Turn it up to 11, same applies (I trust you'll actually look back though). Which side? Softies now look in more need for someone. It's likely to be a few weeks before your turn rolls round, btw, tends to take people about a week to finish a season.

thezogsageordie
26-06-2008, 14:32
That's pretty funny. Nice to see you were tought some manners though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Of course. Will add you to the list. Think we're good for the next few seasons on both sides now.

Always have had manners chum!

Yeah, I realise that I won't be playing straight away.

Dava
26-06-2008, 14:55
Hi guys, just to let you know I have finished the season but won't have time to upload and give a end of season summary till tomorrow evening. I loved every minute of it but my girlfriend didn't....I guess i'm just that ignorant and selfish, oh well

aaberdeenn
26-06-2008, 14:56
I look forwards to the report. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

bermybhoy
26-06-2008, 17:05
They just need to learn where they are in order of priorities, she'll live http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Looking forward to it, have a feeling it's been a good season.

Robert_296
27-06-2008, 08:58
I'm not down for another season? Put me on the list if I'm not please http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

bermybhoy
27-06-2008, 09:43
Originally posted by Robert_296:
I'm not down for another season? Put me on the list if I'm not please http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Will do buddy. Need to get round to updating the list as there's been a few new additions since last time.

Still need confirmation from TIUT11 as to what side he wants.

dafuge
27-06-2008, 09:50
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert_296:

Will do buddy. Need to get round to updating the list as there's been a few new additions since last time.

Still need confirmation from TIUT11 as to what side he wants. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As always, put people who haven't had a go yet above me. I think new people should always get priority over people who have managed them before.

bermybhoy
27-06-2008, 09:55
That is a fair shout. Will do.

Robert_296
27-06-2008, 10:07
yeah, what dafuge said, I've had 3 goes already

thezogsageordie
27-06-2008, 10:11

2016/17. Dava - BSP / Season under way
11th PaulHartman71
12th rlipscombe
13th aaberdeenn
14th bermybhoy
15th thezogsageordie
16th turnitupto11?

2017/18. MikelLUFC - Season under way
12. ridleys
13. dafuge
14. dave safc
15. turnitupto11?
16. Robert_296
</pre>

That's just the list, I believe, obviously might need to be changed but those are all the players that are interested in managing each club, respectfully.

Dava
27-06-2008, 12:26
Season Summary

On the 28th of December I ended my sticky run, which leads to an unbelievable 18 game unbeaten run. Involving some very strange games, I was winning games I should have been losing and if I remember rightly in one particular game a team missed 3 penalties and I won 2-0. Lucky manager I guess!

The difference in class was apparent, the team was rampant, full of confidence and missed chances were few and far between. Dunn began firing again and Harris was finding his feet.. fast. Before I knew it a really tight league left a huge 7 point gap (with a game in hand) in my favour at the top of the pile.

The cups were massive confidence builders too.
Wrexham ended my unbeaten run in the first leg of the FA Trophy Semi-Finals, they actually scored directly from a corner, which was amazing to watch on highlights.

FAT Semi 1 (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/FATSemileg1.jpg)

The very next game was the Sentanta Shield Semi - Final against Gillingham.

SS Semi (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/SSSemi.jpg)

And the game after was the home leg of the FA Trophy.

FAT Semi 2 (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/FATSemileg2.jpg)

Fantastic results, almost all shots were converted into goals. This boost set me up perfectly, I went on to win my next 4 league games and tied up the league with 7 games to play.

End of Season Table (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/champions.jpg)

Sentanta Shield Final

SS Final (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/SSFinal.jpg)

Great result, although looked close we always had the game by the scruff of the neck.

FA Trophy Final

FAT Final (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/FATrophyfinal.jpg)

Hammered them!

After this game the board promptly offered me a 4 year contract at £475 p/wk. Which I accepted, obviously!

Player Summary

Dunn – really hit form when put up top, not quite a goal a game but he’s got the best ratio for any player I have managed.

Dunn (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Dunn.jpg)

Nep – What a player! Makes the whole midfield tick, gets very important goals and takes a mean corner.

Nep (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Nep.jpg)

Harris – My only signing of any real quality, may need replacing for the step up but he was always consistent and is only young..

Harris (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Harris.jpg)

Smith - Forgot to take a screenie, but what a player! probable the best central defender/midfielder outside the premiership, he scored 4 hatricks when playing in midfield and tons from corners, he was a class apart.

Davidson – great loan signing, made a massive difference to get over my sticky patch in early December and gave me the chance to play Dunn up-front!

Loan 1 (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Loan2.jpg)

John – Again another great loan signing (probable the best) his difference was instant with 4 goals in his first two games.

Loan 2 (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Loan3.jpg)

Without the two loan signings I do not think it would have been sooo successful, I owe a lot to Leicester!

All in all good foundation for next year, and I may have signed a quality Midfielder for £1k!(he was listed)

New signing (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/newsigning.jpg)

The realisation of having to play a counter attacking away formation and a good attacking home formation is what tipped it for me. Away games we won because I have quality forward players and although I might have got hammered on stats the break aways we got were converted. At home I played looser and looser and it worked, but I always changed defensive after 55 min mark because I am always wary of the super AI comebacks, which happened in 4 games when I didn't chnage things (all 4-4's).

A healthy 1.3m in the bank too!

I really enjoyed the season, as you can tell because I only get home from work at half six and I am in bed by 12!! I haven’t put it down… and my girlfriend ain’t happy!

I am definitely up for another turn…PLEASE

The save game is currently uploading.

PaulHartman71
27-06-2008, 12:35
Looks like I'm going to be the first to manage Ten Ton in the football league, lets hope I don't get us relegated http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Dava
27-06-2008, 13:00
Paul, enjoy.(hope it works)

Ten Ton Save (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AIG8YMOB)

PaulHartman71
27-06-2008, 14:15
Downloaded, have started playing.

20/6/17 - Ten Ton FC turn professional http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

PaulHartman71
27-06-2008, 14:45
pre-season update to come later

'Ten Ton are 25-1 for promotion' - not bad odds tbh, when I went with 'attempt to avoid relegation' http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dava
27-06-2008, 15:46
phew, the upload worked http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Good luck Paul, in previous games I found the step up really tough, avoiding relegation in the first season would be brilliant.

aaberdeenn
27-06-2008, 16:38
Well done Dava, great season there. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

bermybhoy
27-06-2008, 17:50
Fantastic stuff Dava. Well played. Enjoyed your updates too, even though they were obviously done under duress from your better half http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

This team have been playing below their potential for years, I think they stand a decent chance of making the step up.

There's 3 galacticos there in Dunn, Nep and Smith who are waaaaay better than we should really have at this stage, just need to make sure the guys around them are good enough.

Best of luck to Paul for next season.

bermybhoy
27-06-2008, 20:29
It's finally just clicked with me why some of these saves are uploaded at about 160mb, whereas mine have been about 40mb: compressed saving.

It's an option within the preferences. Not sure why you wouldn't use it, or why it's evn an option. Anyway, would obviously save a lot of time for those trying to upload the game.

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 01:47
July/August Update

Transfers

Outs

Glyn Reid, who despite being at the club for 4 seasons had never made an appearance for us, and I didn't decide to renew his contract, so he left on a free.

Steve Pike, another player that had never played for the club, also left on a free when his contract expired.

Sam Davies faced the same fate as the other two.

[Ins[/b]

Willie Williamson (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII1.jpg) - £1K, a 23 year old Attacking Midfielder, my assistant said he is one of the best players at the club, and would be a leading star for most League 1 teams.

Jimmy Holden (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII2.jpg) - Free, a reasonably experienced striker, a signed him mainly as backup, but my assistant says that he would be a decent signing for most league 1 teams.

Edwin Knight (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII2.jpg) - Free, 20 year old striker, could be one of the best signings we have made in years. Last season he played in this division for Yeovil, scoring 15 goals in 37 appearances, but I think we can get him to score a lot more than that.

Nathan James (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII4.jpg) - £28K, an experienced midfielder, he has played at this level and above for Darlington in the past, he will get quite a few games for us this season.

Pre Season Friendlies

Havant & W 1-4 Ten Ton FC - A hat-trick from James Dunn and a goal from Stephen Roche, reminded me of old times.

Hayes & Yeading 3-5 Ten Ton FC - New signings caused a stir, with Edwin Knight scoring once, and Jimmy Holden grabbing two. James Dunn scored the other two.

Weston-super-Mare 0-8 Ten Ton FC - Jimmy Holden scored two, with the the following players scoring the once: Scott Smith, Edwin Knight, Dale Goulding, James Dunn and Ishmael Reeves. This was rounded off by an own goal from Paul Banks.

Macclesfield 1-3 Ten Ton FC - Willie Williamson scored his first for the club, with Jimmy Holden and Jake Williams also scoring.

Northwood 4-5 Ten Ton FC - An unfortunate loss, where Keith Jones scored twice, with Darren Bradshaw and Jimmy Holden getting the other two.

League 2 games

Game 1, Ten Ton FC 3-2 Rushden - Our first game in League 2 ended in victory. Edwin Knight scored after 30 seconds, yet Allan Cole equalised 37 minutes later. Edwin Knight grabbed his second after 41 minutes, making sure we went in infront. James Dunn scored our third 10 minutes from the end of the game, yet Andy Bartley got a goal back for Rushden after 86 minutes, despite the late pressure, we kept our cool, and finished the game victors.

League Cup 1st Round - Millwall 3-3 Ten Ton FC - we had been 3-0 down for 80 minutes of the game, until a late comeback saw Edwin Knight scoring twice, and James Dunn scoring in the last minute of injury time. Despite the comeback, Millwall beat us 3-2 on penalties, with NepentheZ, Stephen Roche and Edwin Knight all missing from the spot.

Game 2, Shrewsbury 1-1 Ten Ton FC - James Dunn put us ahead after 18 minutes, and the home side left it until the 78th minute to equalise through Martin Moore.

Game 3, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Hartlepool - James Dunn put us ahead after 33 minutes, yet we only held the lead for 6 minutes, due to Stewart Williamson's equaliser. It looked like our final game in August was to finish all square, until Edwin Knight grabbed an injury time winner.

So, after 3 games, we are unbeaten in the league, and currently sit in a nice 4th position , if the season follows the way our first three games have gone, then maybe a double promotion isn't that out of reach after all.

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 03:38
September Update

Game 4, Lincoln 1-1 Ten Ton FC - It took until the 91st minute for a goal to come, Steve Thomas putting the home team ahead. Yet just under 30 seconds after we re-kicked off, we had equalised through NepentheZ, making up for his earlier penalty miss.

JPT S 1st Round - Ten Ton FC 2-3 Yeovil - Our first goal came on the stroke of the 83rd minute, making it 1-2, Edwin Knight then equalised in within 20 seconds of injury time, yet Martin McGlashan's sensational strike in the 4th minute of injury time ruined and indeed ended our JPT dreams.

Game 5, Ten Ton FC 4-1 Tranmere - Lee Agnew put the away side ahead within 3 minutes, but 2 goals in 2 minutes during the 34th and 36th minute from James Dunn and Stephen Roche put us 2-1 ahead. James Dunn made it 3 just before the end of the first half, and 10 minutes from the end Stephen Roche got his second to finish Tranmere off for good.

Game 6, Peterborough 0-0 Ten Ton FC - It was one of those games, we created lots of chances, our best coming to Edwin Knight, but his effort hit the crossbar.

Game 7, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Mansfield - Mark Ballard put Mansfield ahead after 14 minutes, yet NepentheZ equalised on the 58th. Incredibly less than a minute later Mark Ballard had put the away side back infront. Yet James Dunn equalised on the 66th minute to make sure we got a point from the game.

Game 8, Bury 2-2 Ten Ton FC - Two goals in the first 20 minutes of the game had made sure Bury were infront, yet James Dunn clawed one back 10 minutes from the end. Just 2 minutes later, Stephen Harris had equalised, and got us a point from the game.

Game 9, Ten Ton FC 3-1 Woking - We finished September on a high. Jimmy Holden put us ahead after 1 minute, and just 6 minutes later James Dunn had made it 2-0. Peter Chadwick restored some hope for the away team 10 minutes into the second half, but Jimmy Holdens 68th minute strike ended the away teams hope.

So, 9 games gone and we are still unbeaten in the league.

Table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII5.jpg)

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 08:00
At long, long last both teams are in the football league!

As noted I'll try and make sure anyone new gets priority over those who've gone before. Hope that's ok with everyone.

The order of play and story so far....

2007/8. bermybhoy - BS North - 7th
2008/9. aaberdeenn - BS South - 1st, promoted!
2009/10. NepentheZ - BS Prem - 21st, relegated!
2010/11. Gundo/rlipscombe - BS South - 17th
2011/12. bermybhoy - BS South - 2nd, promoted via play-offs!
2012/13. NepentheZ - BS Prem - 14th
2013/14. PaulHartman71 - BS Prem - 7th
2014/15. aaberdeenn - BS Prem - 13th
2015/16 NepentheZ - BS Prem - 13th
2016/17. Dava - BS Prem - 1st, promoted!
2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - Season under way
12. thezogsageordie
13. rlipscombe
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours

BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeen
BSP Champions: 2016/17 - Dava
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava
Setanta Shield 2016/17 - Dava

2007/8. Robert_296 - BS South - 1st, promoted!
2008/9. dafuge - BS Prem - 5th, play off semi-final!
2009/10. elf_30 - BS Prem - 17th
2010/11. Spc1485 - BS Prem - 11th
2011/12. Robert_296 - BS Prem - 17th
2012/13. PoopyPants - BS Prem - 15th
2013/14. dafuge - BS Prem - 5th, promoted!
2014/15. Spc1485 - League 2 - 11th
2015/16. Robert_296 - League 2 - 22nd
2016/17. dave safc - League 2 - 6th, play-off semis
2017/18. MikelLUFC - League 2 - Season under way
12. ridleys
13. turnitupto11 - ???
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safc

Honours

Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge</pre>

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 10:32
October

Game 10, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Exeter - James Dunn gave us the lead 5 minutes before the end of the first half, and it took Exeter until the 56th minute to reply. Carl Harrison put them ahead 10 minutes from the end, but just 3 minutes later Jimmy Holden equalised. Carl Harrison put Exeter back infront in the 89th minute, and it looked like our unbeaten run was to come to an end, but James Dunn's last minute equaliser meant that we would get a point from the game.

Game 11, Cheltenham 0-2 Ten Ton FC - Edwin Knight put us ahead after 42 minutes, and James Dunn scored the second on the hour mark. Despite a lot of pressing, Cheltenham failed to get themselves back into the game.

Game 12, Ten Ton FC 3-2 Morecambe - Edwin Knight put us ahead after 22 minutes, and Jimmy Holden made it 2-0 just 2 minutes later. On the half-hour mark Gary Davis got a goal back, and a minute after that Peter Higgins equalised for them! However James Dunn's goal 5 minutes from the end meant that we would finish the game with 3 points.

Game 13, Yeovil 0-0 Ten Ton FC - This game was utterly utterly boring, we didn't really produce anything and niether did Yeovil.

Game 14, Aldershot 4-2 Ten Ton FC - And so our undefeated run came to an end. Chris Savage had given the home side the lead in the first half, yet 10 minutes into the second, Edwin Knight equalised for us. George Evans put Aldershot back infront just 2 minutes later. James Dunn equalised again for us 10 minutes from the end, but Malcolm Upcott made it 3-2, on the 85th minute. Despite late charges, it was Nathan James who scored an own goal to give Aldershot the 4-2 victory.

Game 15, Bournemouth 4-2 Ten Ton FC - With 10 minutes left in the match we were 4-0 down, yet Darren Bannister's goal gave us some hope. We needed a goal fast, but the only goal we got came with the last kick of the game, an Andy Gardiner own goal.

Table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII6.jpg)

So, we might have lost our unbeaten run. But we were still in 6th place, and within 6 points of the leaders.

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 11:09
Excellent start Paul. Shame about those defeats, the good run wasn't going to last forever. A top half finish is still an achievement of the season, any more an absolute bonus.

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 11:09
How's Dave getting on with the Softies btw? Been a couple of days...

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 11:32
November

Game 16, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Walsall - Garry Andrews gave the away side the lead after 59 minutes, Derek Niven got a goal back on the 72nd minute, and it looked like we had a point until Daniel Wright scored a 93rd minute winner.

Game 17, Notts County 1-1 Ten Ton FC - Edwin Knight gave us the lead 20 minutes from time, and like the last game, we failed to defend in the final minutes, and Ashley Howarth equalised in the 87th minute.

FA Cup 1st Round, Ten Ton FC 3-1 Bristol Rovers - A comfortable victory in the cup for us. Edwin Knight gave us the lead after 5 minutes, James Dunn made it 2-0 in the 22nd minute. Stephen Roche made it 3-0 just 4 minutes later. It was Danny Salmon who scored Bristol Rovers only goal, but his 77th minute proved nothing more than a consulation.

Game 18, Luton 2-1 Ten Ton FC - Peter Reeves gave Luton the lead after 37 minutes, we left it until the 77th to equalise, it came from Edwin Knight. Yet again we conceded late, this time the 92nd minute, with Richard Atkinson stealing all 3 points for Luton.

Game 19, Ten Ton FC 5-5 Grays - Edwin Knight gave us the lead after 4 minutes, Peter Beesley equalising 1 minute later. On the half hour mark James Dunn put us infront again, and Edwin Knight made it 3-1 in first half injury time. Rob Murdoch made it 3-2 just two minutes into the second half, but 3 minutes later James Dunn made it 4-2. Jimmy Holden made it 5-2 on the 54th minute. Dominic Westwood made it 5-3 on the hour mark, and 15 minutes later Rob Murdoch made it 5-4. It was Dominic Westwood who equalised, 5 minutes from the end.

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII7.jpg)

So, another poor month putting us further down the table. We now sit 9th, and are perhaps facing the inevitable that we are not a promotion fighting team, but infact a relegation fighting team.

Dava
28-06-2008, 11:58
Your only 8 points off top Paul! you only need another unbeaten run and play-offs are a real possibility.

Keep up ythe good work!

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 12:20
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
16. Dava
</pre>

Missed you out. Oops.

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 12:32
December

FA Cup 2nd Round -

Preston 6-4 Ten Ton FC

1-0 - Denny L'Ami
2-0 - Darren Godden
2-1 - Edwin Knight
3-1 - Andrew Mason
3-2 - Edwin Knight
4-2 - Gary McMenamin
5-2 - Gary McMenamin
6-2 - Gary McMenamin
6-3 - Edwin Knight
6-4 - James Dunn

A magnificent match, one of the best i've seen us in. Although my increasing anger with David Cook, means that I will more than likely sign a new goalkeeper in the new year.

Game 20, Ten Ton FC 1-1 York

Game 21, Stockport 4-1 Ten Ton FC

Game 22, Ten Ton FC 3-3 MK Dons

Game 23, Rushen 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 24, Ten Ton FC 0-2 Shrewsbury

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII8.jpg)

So, we have now dropped to 14th, I will be strengthening the defence in January as it simply isn't good enough.

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 12:33
just noticed for the last 3 updates, they've been every hour at 32 minutes past http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 13:20
Originally posted by PaulHartman71:
just noticed for the last 3 updates, they've been every hour at 32 minutes past http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ROFL! I'm no psychologist but I reckon there's a high chance that the next time you post you will dictate the time at which you post, whether it is at 32 minutes past or other.

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season.

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 13:22

By my reckoning you'll have finished the season at 1.32 am http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 13:23
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

By my reckoning you'll have finished the season at 1.32 am http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's always onehttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 13:32
My next update wont now http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe in 30/40 minutes :P

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 13:48
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

ROFL! I'm no psychologist but I reckon there's a high chance that the next time you post you will dictate the time at which you post, whether it is at 32 minutes past or other.

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 13:53
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thezogsageordie:

PS, as I'm next (thank you!) I'm obviously reading your updates but if you want to put a list of players you recommend I keep as some people here are having a huge clear out and I don't want to sell players you think are real gems. KUTGW and hopefully I can maintain the progress next season. . . Screw that! I will maintain the progress next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there!

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 13:56

there aren't really many players you should get rid of tbh, but at the end of the season I'll tell you the players you absolutely must never ever ever even think of selling http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just remember to use your own tactic not a downloaded one, Frazza Pee made that mistake http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 13:58

Top stuff chief. I'm really excited about doing this. I'm at the stage in FM were I can't get a good game going so I'm going to give my all for the cause and get us up there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just remember to use your own tactic not a downloaded one, Frazza Pee made that mistake http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard and I will! I said that in OTT I think about using your own tactic makes winning and achieving so much better, it's the equivalent of re-loading in my eyes. I admit to have looked at other peoples tactics to influence me, wwfan mainly, that guy is so good and the thing is you can relate to what he types and you think, of course that makes so much sense!

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 14:14
January

Transfers

Danny Gray (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII9.jpg) - FREE, signed mainly due to my increasing hate of Cook, who is too young to be playing for the first team imo

Jose Luis Pujol (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII10.jpg) - £10K, a player who has experience at this level, and should strengthen our defence.

Game 25, Accrington 4-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 26, Hartlepool 3-0 Ten Ton FC

Game 27, Ten Ton FC 1-0 Lincoln

Game 28, Tranmere 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 29, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Peterborough

Game 30, Mansfield 1-3 Ten Ton FC

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII11.jpg)

We now sit a depressing 20th, yet we are only 13 points away from the playoffs, I wouldn't put it past us.

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 14:22
Those two players are looking tasty. How strange?! About the same amount of points away from getting relegated and promoted (potentially)

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 14:43
February

Game 31, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Bury

Game 32, Exeter 0-4 Ten Ton FC

Game 33, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Cheltenham

Game 34, Woking 1-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 35, Ten Ton FC 1-1 Aldershot

So, not a bad month by our standards, but still not a great one.

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII12.jpg)

we are now comfortably away from relegation, yet promotion is looking more and more unlikely.

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 15:11
February

Game 31, Ten Ton FC 2-1 Bury

Game 32, Exeter 0-4 Ten Ton FC

Game 33, Ten Ton FC 1-2 Cheltenham

Game 34, Woking 1-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 35, Ten Ton FC 1-1 Aldershot

So, not a bad month by our standards, but still not a great one.

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII12.jpg)

we are now comfortably away from relegation, yet promotion is looking more and more unlikely.

Seems quite frustrating, 33.3% of games won have come in February! Great month.

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 15:13
That was my last update of the night btw

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 15:17

Fair enough, night?

bermybhoy
28-06-2008, 15:18

That was a good innings for the day. Good to see people getting into it http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 15:18

Fair enough, night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i've had enough FM for one night though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

PaulHartman71
28-06-2008, 15:20

That was a good innings for the day. Good to see people getting into it http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I i'm really getting into it, glad to be the pioneer of League 2 http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif hopefully we will be in a higher league when I get my next go http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

thezogsageordie
28-06-2008, 15:24

Fair enough, night? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nah, i've had enough FM for one night though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye sometimes I used to get that and my passion would drop slightly so I would put it down for the dayhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 01:17
March

Game 36, Morecambe 3-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 37, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Yeovil

Game 38, Ten Ton FC 3-4 Bournemouth

Game 39, Walsall 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 40, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Luton

Game 41, York 3-1 Ten Ton FC

So, a horrific month to be honest, we score enough goals, just can't defend.

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII13.jpg)

So with 5 games left, promotion is out of the picture, we can still get relegated, but that's very unlikely.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 01:49
March

Game 36, Morecambe 3-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 37, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Yeovil

Game 38, Ten Ton FC 3-4 Bournemouth

Game 39, Walsall 4-2 Ten Ton FC

Game 40, Ten Ton FC 3-3 Luton

Game 41, York 3-1 Ten Ton FC

So, a horrific month to be honest, we score enough goals, just can't defend.

table (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII13.jpg)

So with 5 games left, promotion is out of the picture, we can still get relegated, but that's very unlikely.

Agreed, I'll have to have a butchers at a whole new defence I think!

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 01:55
Just played my 45th game, I cannot believe it!

There were 7 goals in the game, the only way to describe it is with this --> http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 02:01
Just played my 45th game, I cannot believe it!

There were 7 goals in the game, the only way to describe it is with this --> http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

You won 6-1, didn't you. I was thinking 7-0 but you've kept 5 clean sheetshttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 02:27
April/May

Game 42, Grays 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 43, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Notts County

Game 44, Ten Ton 3-0 Stockport

Game 45, MK Dons 2-5 Ten Ton FC

Game 46, Ten Ton 5-2 Accrington

So, a superb end to the season, an unbeaten run, and two back to back 5-2 victories!

Final update to come in a bit http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 02:34
April/May

Game 42, Grays 3-3 Ten Ton FC

Game 43, Ten Ton FC 2-2 Notts County

Game 44, Ten Ton 3-0 Stockport

Game 45, MK Dons 2-5 Ten Ton FC

Game 46, Ten Ton 5-2 Accrington

So, a superb end to the season, an unbeaten run, and two back to back 5-2 victories!

Final update to come in a bit http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

We're going to be unbeaten for at least 3 months!

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 03:24
End Of Season Report

First of all (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII14.jpg), great news for the club

squad (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII15.jpg) pretty good, but needs to get better defensively

Stephen Roche (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII16.jpg) A great central midfielder, one of if not the best in the team

Nep (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII17.jpg) great player, his presence on the right side of midfield was absolutely crucial when attacking

Jimmy Holden (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII18.jpg) A brilliant signing, if Dunn or Knight couldn't score then this guy could, he also managed to get 17 assists!

Edwin Knight (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII19.jpg) I think in previous seasons what we have lacked is this kind of player. It's always been James Dunn scoring 50 goals a season etc, but what he really needed was an assistant, an apprentice a padawan even. This guy was him alright, 27 goals and 12 assists, fantastic, and he is still only 21 so has a brilliant career ahead of him.

James Dunn (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII20.jpg) - 50 games, 44 goals, 13 assists and 10 MOTM's, what else is there to say?

Dunn (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII21.jpg) - He scored his 250th league goal in the last game of the season and also his 300th for the club in total.

Top Goalscorers (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII22.jpg) - James Dunn clear winner by 7 goals, but Edwin Knight's still pretty impressive 20 up there.

Well, that was my season. Will upload database for you zogsageordie, then i'll email you the data you need for team name etc

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 03:28
End Of Season Report

First of all (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII14.jpg), great news for the club

squad (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII15.jpg) pretty good, but needs to get better defensively

Stephen Roche (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII16.jpg) A great central midfielder, one of if not the best in the team

Nep (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII17.jpg) great player, his presence on the right side of midfield was absolutely crucial when attacking

Jimmy Holden (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII18.jpg) A brilliant signing, if Dunn or Knight couldn't score then this guy could, he also managed to get 17 assists!

Edwin Knight (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII19.jpg) I think in previous seasons what we have lacked is this kind of player. It's always been James Dunn scoring 50 goals a season etc, but what he really needed was an assistant, an apprentice a padawan even. This guy was him alright, 27 goals and 12 assists, fantastic, and he is still only 21 so has a brilliant career ahead of him.

James Dunn (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII20.jpg) - 50 games, 44 goals, 13 assists and 10 MOTM's, what else is there to say?

Dunn (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII21.jpg) - He scored his 250th league goal in the last game of the season and also his 300th for the club in total.

Top Goalscorers (http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii284/paulhartmanhardy/?action=view&current=TENTONII22.jpg) - James Dunn clear winner by 7 goals, but Edwin Knight's still pretty impressive 20 up there.

Well, that was my season. Will upload database for you zogsageordie, then i'll email you the data you need for team name etc

I think it's fair to say I won't need to buy a strikerhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (cheers, I'll start asap)

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 03:43
uploading now http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 04:00
Thanks for that. It's worked. xD Can't wait, I've even made my own tactic starting as Billericay doing dafuge's challenge and am 10-0-2 and 1st. Positive times.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 04:04
database (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KF7CNAUZ)

enjoy http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 04:11
45 meg http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif Why make me wait 45 seconds?! They're evil!

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 05:04
Start of Season expectations: Mid-Table Finish.

I was going to say Top Half and get a bit more wage budget but I don't want to risk getting sacked!

Transfer Budget: Diddly.
Wage Budget: £27k.

Quite a rise from last year as when I inherited in the team we were 8k over.

First thing I did was request a parent club and I shall get the ball rolling on 1st July but right now I feel that after such a long season of ups and downs I deserve a break (just kiddinghttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 05:08
I think we decided early on that Getting a parent club was to be 'against the rules'

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 05:15
I think we decided early on that Getting a parent club was to be 'against the rules'

Sorry! I really should read this thread - I'll cancel any teams offered to me and read this entire thread tomorrow...At workhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've just been offered Gareth Hopkins on a free and my Kev reckons I should sign him at any cost! Ideal start.

I'm going to make a list of players that I want to get rid of and I'd like you to advise me on any that I shouldn't if that's okay mate.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 05:18

Sorry! I really should read this thread - I'll cancel any teams offered to me and read this entire thread tomorrow...At workhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've just been offered Gareth Hopkins on a free and my Kev reckons I should sign him at any cost! Ideal start.

I'm going to make a list of players that I want to get rid of and I'd like you to advise me on any that I shouldn't if that's okay mate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 05:27
Reeves
Gray
Bannister
Taylor
Marsh
Bradshaw
Jones

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 05:40
Gary Gray.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 05:45
can I have screenies please?

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 05:49
Can I get on the list again? I will use my own tactic this time.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 05:52
Bannister (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darrenbannisterprofileem8.png)
Bradshaw (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=darrenbradshawprofileiq0.png)
Gray (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=garygrayprofilegn0.png)
Reeves (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ishmaelreevesprofilemx0.png)
Marsh (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeffmarshprofiletn8.png)
Taylor (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nathantaylorprofilenz1.png)
Jones (http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keithjonesprofilesd5.png)

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 05:57
It's obviously up to you , but i'd definitely get rid of Bradshaw and Marsh

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 06:00
Right, obviously I'm thinking of getting rid of all of them, any of them you think I 100% shouldn't as I'm at best 20% wanting to keep 1 or 2

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 06:06
Jones looks ok but I'd get rid of any or all of them. Think Gray and Reeves were my signings, well past it now though.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 06:16
I've a feeling I may spend the majority of my day singing:

"Jim Dunn, Jim Dunn, Jimmy, Jimmy, Dunn. He's got turd hair but we don't care! Jimmy, Jimmy Dunn!"

He has impressed me so far in 3 pre-season friendlies.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 06:27
Pre-Season Friendlies

1-2 Oxford: Knight
5-1 Bishop's Stortford: Knight (2) Dunn (2) Smith
7-0 Leigh: Knight (2) Dunn (5)
2-0 Burscough: Dunn, Knight.

15-3. Average of 4-1. I'll take that!

Oxford are League 1
Bishop & Leigh are BSN
Burscough are Non-League.

On to the proper games!

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 06:57

"Jim Dunn, Jim Dunn, Jimmy, Jimmy, Dunn. He's got turd hair but we don't care! Jimmy, Jimmy Dunn!"

His name is James http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 06:58

His name is James http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe so but doesn't make the song sound any goodhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 07:06
Can I do a season? I will use on my tactic if I can get a season.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 07:16
that reminds me, bermybhoy, add me to the bottom of the list http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 08:08
August

Game 1, Forest Away.

By half-time we were 4 down. I was speechless we had 60% possession and better pass completion and the shots were level! Why were we 4 down?! The team had mainly 6s, couple of 5s and a 7. What have I got myself into? By the hour mark James Dunn had made it 4-2 (really?http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif) and with 6 minutes of ordinary time we were 4-3 down. I was fixated on this game and in the 94th minute Nep sent a corner in which was turned in by James Dunn!

Full time score 4-4 Dunn (4)

I won't make each match this long but as it was my first and was so eventful! Also, Dunn went from a 6 at HT to a 10 at FT, I'm good! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Game 2, Peterborough 1-2 Dunn

Game 3, Charlton 1-2 Roche

Game 4, Morecambe 1-1 Roche

Game 5, MK Dons 3-0 Knight (2) Dunn

Quite an up and down month but I'm impressed by the Dunny Monster!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Pos Team P Pts
9th Wycombe 4 7
10th Ch'field 4 7
11th TenTon 4 5
12th Exeter 4 5
13th Torquay 4 5 </pre>

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 08:13
Unbeaten run went from 2.4.2018 - 10.8.2018!

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 08:23
not a bad start, not a great one either. KUTGW http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 08:23
Sure Frazza, Paul.

What's happened to dave_safc?

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 08:38
not a bad start, not a great one either.

Too true.

MikelLUFC
29-06-2008, 08:40
Sorry that I haven't updated on the season recently I haven't been well but I'll try and put an update on later today.

dave safc
29-06-2008, 08:54
Sure Frazza, Paul.

I finished my season and uploaded the game for someone else http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 09:01
Sure Frazza, Paul.

Ta. Do you want to word?

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 09:02
The word thats meant to be

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 09:06
Originally posted by dave safc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:
Sure Frazza, Paul.

I finished my season and uploaded the game for someone else http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooops...lost track. Meant MikelLUFC obviously.

Look forward to the report.

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 09:08
Originally posted by Frazza Pee:
The word thats meant to be

Of course http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'll put you in 15, unless rlipscombe and aaberdeenn don't mind/would prefer you to go ahead of them.

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 09:09
What team?

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 09:12
3IAR

Dava
29-06-2008, 09:41
Well done Paul good season http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Brought in a couple of gems too!

Zog unlucjy on the start, but i'm sure you'll get more consistent, the goals are difinitely there ... it's just that dodgy defense!

Dava
29-06-2008, 09:43
Zog - forgot to ask did you sell and buy anyone?

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 09:44
September & October

Game 6, Grays 1-3 Harris

Game 7, Exeter (JPT) 4-0 Knight (2) Dunn (2)

Game 8, Chesterfield 1-2 Dunn

Game 9, Torquay 4-4 Dunn (3) Knight

Game 10, Grimsby 0-2

Game 11, Stockport 3-4 NepentheZ, Dunn, Knight

Game 12, Aldershot 4-2 Knight, NepentheZ, Dunn, Roche

Game 13, Exeter 4-7 OG, Edwards (2) Knight

Game 14, Walsall 0-1

Game 15, Lincoln 5-3 Dunn, Knight (4)

Game 16, Bournemouth 1-3 Knight

Game 17, Tranmere 4-5 Dunn (4)

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
Pos Team P Pts
18th MK Dons 14 13
19th Alders't 14 13
20th Ten Ton 14 12
21st Torquay 14 12
22nd Luton 14 11 </pre>

http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

NepentheZ
29-06-2008, 09:53
Great job on the promotion, Dava..!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (I'm sure I posted it already, but couldn't see my post about anywhere). Good luck zoggy. Hope you can keep us up.!

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 10:06
Originally posted by NepentheZ:
Great job on the promotion, Dava..!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif (I'm sure I posted it already, but couldn't see my post about anywhere). Good luck zoggy. Hope you can keep us up.!

I hope so aswell, I'm really sorry!

aaberdeenn
29-06-2008, 10:16
Serie C Cup Update

Serie C Cup Group B (http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4286/serieccupgroupbqv8.png)

We sat top of the group going into the final game knowing a win would take us through but an utterly horrific showing from the back line saw us thumped as we crashed out at the group stage.

Meanwhile we're top of the league after three game with two wins and a draw.

aaberdeenn
29-06-2008, 10:16
Wrong thread. :/

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 10:20
Originally posted by Dava:
Zog - forgot to ask did you sell and buy anyone?

I'll post them after this game with screenshots of new ones I bought, well signed on frees.

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 10:35
the word is 3IAR. Just making sure you see it.

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 10:41
Yeah seen it Frazza, cheers. I was assuming you'd want to be a Monkey again but it's up to you.

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 10:43
yeah I'll be a monkey but I just wanted to be sure what side you meant.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 10:52
Just ended my 7 game losing streak in the league with a 5-2 win versus 19th place Rushden.

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 11:25
Guys, I'm really sorry. Our Chairman accepted a bid for James Dunn from Aston Villa for £1.9mil + 10% next transfer.

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 11:26
Hope it continues to pick up for you zoggy (liking Nep's nickname for you). Consolidate this season or maybe a cheeky play-off push near the end.

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 11:28
Guys, I'm really sorry. Our Chairman accepted a bid for James Dunn from Aston Villa for £1.9mil + 10% next transfer.
We can get someone better for that.....

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 11:30

Master Dunn has fled, it is time for his young apprentice Edwin Knight to take the step up to Master http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

bermybhoy
29-06-2008, 11:33

End of an era.

No chance of offering him to other clubs and trying to cancel it, or is that slightly unethical?

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 11:39
You know the worst things about this?

Not only did we lose our goal a game striker, the Board in their infinite wisdom bumped up the transfer budget to precisely £95,920.00

Ahh yes Paul, his 'padawan' as you mentioned is doing very well indeed, shame about his stand in manager!

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 11:41
Any potential targets lined up?

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 11:47
Any potential targets lined up?

Are you joking? If not then no, I've looked around and tbh I'm happy to change things around.

My new formation is

-------------------gk----------------------
--rb-------cb------------cb------------lb--
-----------dm------------dm----------------
--rm-------\/------------\/------------lm--
--\/-----------------------------------\/--
-------------------am----------------------
-------------------st----------------------

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 11:49
I've just been offered the QPR job. They're in League One and are 17th.

Frazza Pee
29-06-2008, 11:54
FYI you do know you can't take it don't you.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 11:54

I hope your not asking us whether to take it or not http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 12:02
I didn't say, "I obviously rejected it" to see what everyone would sayhttp://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I've managed to take them to 12th and am pushing for play-offs and am unbeaten since taking over!http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 12:07
what, i'm confused?

thezogsageordie
29-06-2008, 12:09
what, i'm confused?

Joking. I rejected the offer.

PaulHartman71
29-06-2008, 12:11
ok

Dava
29-06-2008, 15:00
who did you buy and sell then mate?

Dunn - big loss, but it is pretty good money, a player like that doesn't come about very often at our standard though...

As long as we stay up i'm happy, even terms with those softies.

bermybhoy
01-07-2008, 07:21
What's the atest, Mikel, Zoggy?

bermybhoy
01-07-2008, 07:22
What's the latest, Mikel, Zoggy?

NepentheZ
01-07-2008, 07:42

That annoys me. Not your fault Zoggy, but I had the board not interfere in a much bigger deal than that for Dunn (£2,500,000 + 20%). This game is so random at times. Never mind, I'm sure you'll find someone to fill his very, very large boots http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

bermybhoy
01-07-2008, 07:54
Gutted about it. The guy was well on the way to becoming a legend.

Not sure what use that kind of money is, it's unlikey you could spend it as no-one of that calibre is likely to want to join.

Guess he might have paid for a stadiuim or training ground upgrade though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

PaulHartman71
01-07-2008, 07:59
Gutted about it. The guy was well on the way to becoming a legend.

Not sure what use that kind of money is, it's unlikey you could spend it as no-one of that calibre is likely to want to join.

Guess he might have paid for a stadiuim or training ground upgrade though http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Unlikely, in my season we lost about £500K because our wages were too high, if anything he's paid off the debt from my season.

Dava
02-07-2008, 03:59
I thought Dunn might of had a chance at the 1000 mark! That would of been in the true spirit of the challenge!

Hopefully Knight is good enough to fill the void, he looks a real talent.

I must admit I tried to sign hime on my season.

Good luck with the rest of the season Zog.

PaulHartman71
02-07-2008, 04:59
Edwin Knight is definitely good enough http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

bermybhoy
02-07-2008, 06:34
Hey Mikel how are the Softies going.Just a reminder about the 7-10 day rule...I reckon that's abou 8 or 9 now, it's good to keep things moving so hopefully you get it finished off and uploaded soon.

Cheers

Frazza Pee
04-07-2008, 01:35
It doesn't seem like they're coming back. Bermybhoy if you want I have downloaded the save game before thezogsageordie started I will do the season he's doing if you want?

PaulHartman71
04-07-2008, 01:53
You're not even next on the list Frazza? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Frazza Pee
04-07-2008, 01:58
I know but I'm just offering to help.

bermybhoy
04-07-2008, 05:21
It doesn't seem like they're coming back. Bermybhoy if you want I have downloaded the save game before thezogsageordie started I will do the season he's doing if you want?

No thanks. He hasn't had the file quite as long and he was well into it, so I doubt he's just abandoned it. Will give him a couple of days.

Frazza Pee
04-07-2008, 05:29
Ok, as I said I was just trying to be nice and help.

bermybhoy
04-07-2008, 05:33
However, there's no sign of Mikel.

It is dead annoying. If anyone can't do it when it's their turn, just say and you can switch. Equallyif you're not going to get through it, just uupload it and someone else can take over, as Gundo did. Just some courtesy would be nice.

Anyway, what do the Softies think, is it time to start over? I make it Ridleys up next if he's able to do it just now.

Dava
05-07-2008, 06:37
Bermybhoy, the forums are down from Monday. Do you want to give the guys more time (until the forums are back on-line) or switch players before monday.

Your call mate.

PaulHartman71
05-07-2008, 07:01
There wouldn't be any point doing it before Monday, because the players couldn't give updates until after the forums are back up anyway

bermybhoy
05-07-2008, 07:12
Yep been thinking that already. So, I reckon, we give then another 3-4 days after the site is back up, so probably til next Monday - seem fair?

NepentheZ
05-07-2008, 12:01
just an extra on the forums. you may want to quote the OP and save it on your PC somewhere, along with the Season by Season / Person by Person post, just so we can put them up in the new forum. I have a strong feeling that a lot of threads in here are just going to get deleted.

bermybhoy
05-07-2008, 18:33
From the new sticky at the top, I reckon it's safely going to be transferred over. What I would LIKE to do would be to prune the whole thing down, there's a fair few blind turns in here with people starting and not finishing.

Waaaay too time consuming though, so it won't happen.

MikelLUFC
06-07-2008, 03:46
I'm really sorry that I haven't been on I have been banned off of the internet for the past week so I'll put the EOS report on soon

bermybhoy
06-07-2008, 06:29
Originally posted by MikelLUFC:
I'm really sorry that I haven't been on I have been banned off of the internet for the past week so I'll put the EOS report on soon

Ha, no worries, I won't even ask what earned you he ban http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MikelLUFC
06-07-2008, 07:36
Starting writing EOS update now

MikelLUFC
06-07-2008, 08:02
Legends FC EOS Update

So the end of another season, but how did the Legends fare? Well at the start of the campaign all looked good but after a couple of months the team had slipped back into mid-table obscurity but a few tactical tweaks by Roberts meant that the team steadily climbed the league and with a game remaining the Legends sat in 3rd place, 2 points above Stockport however Stockport had a vastly superior goal difference. On the last day it would be Legends vs. 6th placed Macclesfield and Stockport against Huddersfield who had just been beaten by the Legends 5 - 3. Things looked good early on with Huddersfiled 2-0 up but on the 57 minute mark things took a turn for the worse when Macclesfield's Handy scored a header. The lead was increased moments later when their top scorer Peel fired home, even worse for the Legends Stockport had pulled level. Roberts then sacrificed his DM and threw on another striker, the gamble paid off as Blackburn quickly pulled one back and a 92nd minute Armenean header leveled the game at 2 - 2. Unfortunately Stockport had scored a 3rd to put them up on goal difference!
In the 1st leg of the playoffs Dorchester were comfortably beaten 2 - 0 and 3 - 1 to send the Legends into the final at Wembley where they would face Rotheram who looked deadly in the semi despatching Macclesfield 8 - 3 on aggregate but on the big day the Legends were not to be denied as a bullet Armenean header on the stroke of half-time and a lovely Blackburn header in the dying second sent the Legends up to League 1!

Season Overview
Squad (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/EOSSquad.jpg)
Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/EosTable.jpg)
Graph (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Graph.jpg)
Star Player (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/Rinaldi.jpg)

Other news: Roberts finished 2nd in Manager of the Season
Williams won goal of the season
Hardy is transfer listed by request
Many clubs have already bid for Mikel LUFC

Tips for next manager:
Keep; Mikel LUFC,Rinaldi,Armenean,Hooper,Howell,Sawyer and Blackburn
Reduce wage budget
Saved on June 1st so contracts for players are expiring so take a look for some good ones.

Good Luck

Save game will be uploaded soon

PaulHartman71
06-07-2008, 08:16

MikelLUFC
06-07-2008, 08:20
Save Game (http://rapidshare.com/files/127620784/Southern_Softies1.fm.html)

dafuge
06-07-2008, 08:21
League 1 \o/

Nice one http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

bermybhoy
06-07-2008, 08:22
Every time we're about to catch up http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Congratulations, Mikel.

PaulHartman71
Hopefully zogs will have gotten Ten Ton into League 1 http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

PaulHartman71
oh and congrats Mikel http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Dava
06-07-2008, 08:55
Well done MikelLUFC, great achievement.

Bermybhoy, I told you we should of swapped players! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mikel LUFC
12-07-2008, 21:11
Can I be put to the back of the list for the softies please

Ridleys
12-07-2008, 22:26
I'm up next right? Wish me luck :)

Downloading the save game now.

Robert_296
12-07-2008, 22:37
dafuge does everything for us doesn't he :p

bermybhoy
12-07-2008, 23:30
I'm up next right? Wish me luck :)

Downloading the save game now.

Good luck! Don't get relegated or anything. Oh and...got autosave on?

GazTheDoood
13-07-2008, 02:31
LOL.

Good luck Ridleys.

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 17:41
The Softies - Pre-season Update

The Softies had reached League 1, the furthest the club had got in its 110 year history. This season was going to be a whole new level of difficulty for the manager Danny Roberts, but he was ready for the challenge of League 1 as he signed a new contract at the beginning of the season.

The club was on the up, the wage budget had been imroved for the new season anda 150k transfer budget was put in place. The club was also due to move into their new 8829 capacity stadium: 'Fisher Stadium' towards the end of this coming season.

Signings:

With the new budgets set, I started looking around for some fresh talent to bring intothe side. Most importantly I felt the need to buy a backup full back, as backup for that position was not up to standard. I looked around and got one of the scouts to look for a new full back. This was when I came across Matthew Hunter (or now known as Ridleys). He is 19 years old and was an extremely good find. He can play left, right or centre of defence and he has bags of potential according to my scouts.

Ridleys - Profile (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/Ridleys-Profile1.jpg)
Ridleys - Coach Report (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/Ridley-Report1.jpg)

Another position I was looking to strengthen was the centre of midfield. I once again got one of my scouts to scout UK & Ireland and hopefully he would find what I was looking for. He came back with 39 reports. I looked through the best one's and found that most of the good players were either too expensive or not interested in joining the club. I then came across John Westwood. His mental stats were fantastic and his his technical and physical attributes were more than good enough for a decent backup. He cost me 50k but, hopefully he will be worth the money.

John Westwood - Profile (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/JohnWestwood-Profile.jpg)
John Westwood - Coach Report (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/JohnWestwood-Report.jpg)

Another thing that happened at the beginning of the season was an announced link with Swindon in the Championship. They decided that they would send a Goalkeeper on loan for the season. His name is Aaron Flanagan and he is 19 years old. Unfortunately he is no where near good enough for League 1 and probably won't get too much first team experience during his time at the club.

Aaron Flanagan - Profile (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/AaronFlanagan-Profile.jpg)
Aaron Flanagan - Coach Report (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/AaronFlanagan-Report.jpg)

My final signing made during the pre-season was Nick Bannister, a young left winger, signed on a season long loan from West Ham. My scout had recommended me to him and although he was not interested in signing for the club, he was more favourable towards a loan move. The coaches think that he is one of the best players at the club and at only 19 years of age that is very impressive. He is good in all the right areas and he has very few weakness'. He will definately be an important player for us this season.

Nick Bannister - Profile (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/NickBannister-Profile.jpg)
Nick Bannister - Coach Report (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn238/Ridleys44/NickBannister-Report.jpg)

Pre-season Results:

Softies 3 - 1 Hitchin Town
Softies 0 - 3 Colchester
Softies 3 - 2 Swindon
Softies 4 - 2 Crystal Palace

Decent results, especially the ones against Swindon and Crystal Palace, the squad is definately strong enough to save themselves from relegation this season, I think.

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 18:15
August Update

Softies 1 - 1 Doncaster (A)
Howell (72) Yilmaz Mehmet (90)
Not a good or bad start to the season. Was dissapointed that we didn't win the game, especailly as we conceded in the final minute of the game.

Softies 1 - 1 QPR (H)
Blackburn (55) MacDonald (59)
Another okay result, but once again dissapointing as we couldn't hold the lead for the second game running.

Softies 2 - 4 Swindon (A) - League Cup 1st Round
Rinaldi (68) Mitchell (51,55)
Own Goal (70) Davidson (54)
Bellamy (82)
After beating them in a friendly I was expecting a much closer game than it actually was. The first half was close, but once they scored 3 goals in 5 minutes between the 50th and 55th minute in the second half we had no chance. We managed to get 2 goals back but Swindon sealed the win with a goal in the 82nd minute.

Softies 0 - 3 Stockport (A)
Moore (15)
Andrews (27)
Brooks (90)
Once again a poor result, and the 4th game on the trot without a win. We had now only got 2 points from the first 3 league games and we were looming around the relegation zone already.

Softies 1 - 0 Oldham (H)
Hendley (61)
Finally our first win in League 1, although it wasn't a very impressive win. The performance was far from spectacular and in the end we were extremely lucky to get the 3 points.

League Table:

Pos Team Pts

1st Barnsley 12
------------------------
12th Northampton 5
13th QPR 5
14th Softies 5
15th Accrington 4
16th Stockport 4
------------------------
21st Dag & Red 3
The Coding on this Forum is so crap it's unbelievable.

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 19:00
That's a decent start there Ridleys.

Ok, what's the thoughts on the Monkeys? Have we now given Zogs sufficient time, should someone else start that season over?

PaulHartman71
13-07-2008, 19:02
I remember Ridleys and Robert saying last night that he rarely gets that much spare time which is why he doesn't play FMO with us anymore

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 19:16
Thanks for attempting to fix the code dafuge.

I think I should be able to do it now :)

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:18
Ok, what's the thoughts on the Monkeys? Have we now given Zogs sufficient time, should someone else start that season over?

I think he's had more than enough time now, over two weeks isn't it?

I know that rlipscombe is next and I'm supposed to be after him (it was originally the other way around but I didn't wan't to be 13th :D) but if we were to start the season over would it be okay for me to take the 13th place back and get on with re-starting the season right away?

And what would happen if Zoggy was to post tomorrow? Would his season but void now or what?

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 19:22
Well as you say he has had plenty of time. His last post was on the 29th, not sure if he's on holiday or what, but he seems to have just disappeared.

I think you can safely go ahead, he'll just need to go to the back of the queue again. Not seen Rlipscombe post for a while either so guess he'll be fine for you to do it?

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:25
Well I don't think it'll be an issue, he's ingrossed in his Como game currently (;))and as I said I was originally due to be next anyway but wanted to change for superstitional reasons. :D

I guess I'll go find the save and get started then.

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:29
Save is downloading...

Oh, and guess what I just noticed reading the previous page of the thread. We still have our legend that is JAMES DUNN. \o/\o/\o/

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 19:39
\o/ indeed.

Hang onto him this time.

I hate it when this happens though that we need to restart, feels a bit like cheating when things happen that are just wiped off the record :(

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:42
Yeah, indeed it does but if people aren't going to be honest and just abandon us all without a word of what's going on then there's not much we can do.

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 19:45
I know. Beyond what's in the opening posts requesting that the file is uploaded where they are if someone can't finish, not sure what we can do. And only one person's done that, compared to about 3 or 4 who've started and not finished. Just a bit annoying.

PaulHartman71
13-07-2008, 19:45
Dunn's back :D :D :D :D

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 19:46
Oh if anyone wanted to repost the list of players with all the new fangled coding and stuff I would in no way object and be very very grateful indeed ;)

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:50
I'll do it, two minutes.

Frazza Pee
13-07-2008, 19:53
Mind I'm joining again.

Robert_296
13-07-2008, 19:55
Zog has been on msn recently so he hasn't been on holiday

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 19:57
Northern Monkeys - Paul Wallace

2015/16. NepentheZ - BS Prem - 13th
2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - ?
2018/19. aaberdeenn - League 2 - Season under way
13. rlipscombe
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours
BSS Champions: 2008/9 - aaberdeenn
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

Southern Softies - Danny Roberts

2017/18. MikelLUFC - League 2 - ?
2018/19. ridleys - Season under way
13. turnitupto11
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safc

Honours
Promoted via play-offs from BSP: 2013/14 - dafuge

Frazza Pee
13-07-2008, 19:59
I'm joining again btw.

Robert_296
add Mikel getting them promoted from league 2 via playoffs

aaberdeenn
Hmm, I think dafuge needs to sort that out. I did it in the normal way I would. :/

Robert_296
13-07-2008, 20:00
put it in notepad and align it there.

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 20:00
There's also some missing information I wasn't sure about.

Robert_296
13-07-2008, 20:10
Zog just confirmed to me he has given up and said he's not coming onto the forums anymore because he is busy

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 20:12

2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - 4th, promoted via play-offs!
13. rlipscombe
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

2018/19. Ridleys - Season under way
13. turnitupto11
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safc

Honours

There we go.

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 20:12
Brilliant. So busy that he can't pop in here for 2 minutes and say that?

Thanks for that aaberdeenn. Will go back and add the missing info and anyone who should be on the list later.

Frazza Pee
13-07-2008, 20:13
I'm meant to be on the list. Bermybhoy said I could join again.

bermybhoy
13-07-2008, 20:15
Thanks Ridelys too. Frazza I'll fix it later. Will need to go back and make sure no-one else is missing either.

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 22:03
September Update

Softies 2 - 2 Port Vale (A)
Howell (63) Roe (10, 32)
Hendley (88)

Another draw to start the month. We had a disgraceful first half, they walked all over us and deserved the lead at half time. We played much better in the second half though and deserved the draw in the end.

Softies 3 - 1 Rushden (H) - JPT South 1st Round
Howell (11) Wright (61)
Own Goal (45)
Blackburn (90)

An easy win really, performed well.

Softies 3 - 0 Grimsby (H)
Blackburn (24)
Howell (64, 88)

A very importnat win this was. We completely dominated the game and thoroughly deserved the win. We had slightly more possesion but had many more shots and that's what counted on the day.

Softies 1 - 1 Accrington (A)
Armenean (35) Chamberlain (8)

Another solid point which was pulling us further and further away from the relegation zone. I think we could have snatched a win, but their goalkeeper played exceptionally well and we just could not get a second goal.

Softies 3 - 4 West Brom (H)
Driver (43) March (9)
Blackburn (46)Fraser (27, 82)
Own Goal (49) Evans (61)

We were 2 goals down within the first half an hour and I though it would turn into a really bad loss, but we managed to get 3 goals just before and after half time and we found ourselves in the lead. It was all going swimmingly, until they scored 12 minutes later. It was all square again and I felt a draw would have been a fair result. They scored though in the 82nd minute. I was heartbroken :( :D

Softies 0 - 1 Barnsley (A)
Spooner (73)

Dissapointing defeat to end the month, we had more possesion and more chances, but we just didn't take them and they took their's.

League Table:

Pos Team Pts

1st Barnsley 21
------------------------
15th Burnley 11
16th Exeter 11
17th Softies 10
18th Accrington 9
19th Grimsby 8
------------------------
21st Dag & Red 6

Ridleys
13-07-2008, 22:04
\o/ the coding worked :D

Mikel LUFC
13-07-2008, 22:14

2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - 4th, promoted via play-offs!
13. rlipscombe
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDooodHonours
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

2018/19. Ridleys - Season under way
13. turnitupto11
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safcHonours

There we go.

I came 4th and went up via playoffs and also I'm at the back of the list for the softies

aaberdeenn
13-07-2008, 23:36
I've reached October and I can see already that if we stay in the division we'll have done well. We're underdogs for every game and conceding many silly goals.

bermybhoy
14-07-2008, 02:52
We are in League 2 aren't we? The table is showing the Paul got promoted, which I'm pretty much sure didn't happen...

PaulHartman71
14-07-2008, 07:57
I got us promoted :confused:

Dava
14-07-2008, 11:19
Good luck aab, the defense was pretty awful if I remember right.

Bermybhoy, I would appreciate another go with the Monkeys, if it's ne bother.

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 11:19
After a bit of a hardcore FM session just like the old days when you were kids the season is pretty much finished after doing it all in one go except for one minor break. There's some good & bad news to come in the report which should be up at some point later today.

The good news is that although the season wasn't anything special we stayed in the division and made a slight improvement on last season. The bad news is... well you'll have to wait and see.

Oh, and in response to that the defence is still quite poor. The quality is there, just some of the goals we conceded were horrific.

GazTheDoood
14-07-2008, 11:35
Looking forward to the update then mate.

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 12:29
Ten Ton - Season Review - Season 2018/19

All I wanted was to stay in the division and make an improvement on last season.

League Table (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3861/tablehs6.jpg)
League Positions Graph (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/6269/leaguepositionsgraphsp0.jpg)

We did that. Mid-season we were playing well and had a chance of making the playoffs being just half a dozen points away at one point but we fell away towards the end of the season.

Squad (http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3232/squadkh3.jpg)
Transfers (http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5480/transfersfo8.jpg)

The squad was reasonably unchanged with a couple of new additions who fitted in nicely.

Star Player (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4350/starplayersc6.jpg)

Knight was on top form this season, even overshadowing Dunn.

All the big boys were put on new contracts with Dunn signing a new five year deal. There's not much else to it other than that.

GazTheDoood
14-07-2008, 12:47
Well done aaberdeenn, good season overall; excellent news on the contracts as well.

Frazza Pee
14-07-2008, 12:54
Whos next?

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 13:01
rlipscombe is next. save is just uploading now.

Frazza Pee
14-07-2008, 13:03
Awesome. Good season BTW

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 13:09
It wasn't easy. We had no transfer budget and the wage budget was initially 5k over the budget but we managed to finish one place higher and gained four points more.

Frazza Pee
14-07-2008, 13:29
Thats why you released so many players?

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 13:31
Yeah, they were all in the reserves and useless. That managed to cut the wage bill by about 3k. Most were out of contract anyway so it didn't cost much, just a minimal fee.

Frazza Pee
14-07-2008, 13:35
But tbf when I played this Gray was actually quite good.

NepentheZ
14-07-2008, 13:46
Good work aab. We're not too far off having a play-off squad. A few decent signings and a sure tactic, and we'll be right up there.!

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 14:29
The save doesn't seem to want to upload just now. It keeps getting half way through then stopping, I'll try again later on.

PaulHartman71
14-07-2008, 15:38
well done aaberdeenn, glad to see Edwin Knight doing well too

Ridleys
14-07-2008, 16:31

2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - ?
2018/19. aaberdeenn - League 2 - 18th
2019/20. rlipscombe - League 2 - Season Starting
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

2017/18. MikelLUFC - League 2 - 4th, promoted via play-offs!
2018/19. Ridleys - League 2 - Season under way
13. turnitupto11
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safc

Honours
Promoted via play-offs from League 2: 2017/18 - MikelLUFC

I think that is right now, just need to know where Paul finished in League 2 then i'll edit that bit in :)

PaulHartman71
14-07-2008, 16:36
I came 19th

PaulHartman71
14-07-2008, 16:36
and can I be put back at the bottom of the list please :)

Frazza Pee
14-07-2008, 16:42
Where am I on the list?

bermybhoy
14-07-2008, 16:43
I thought that Paul....you were claiming promotion earlier ;)

I think you forgot to post a final league table unfortunately.

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 16:47
Yeah, there was no table from Paul. I just looked on the previous season's table in game to see how he did.

Ridleys
14-07-2008, 16:50

2017/18. PaulHartman71 - League 2 - 19th
2018/19. aaberdeenn - League 2 - 18th
2019/20. rlipscombe - League 2 - Season Starting
14. aaberdeenn
15. bermybhoy
16. Frazza Pee
17. PaulHartman71
tbc. GazTheDoood

Honours
FA Trophy 2016/17 - Dava

2017/18. MikelLUFC - League 2 - 4th, promoted via play-offs!
2018/19. Ridleys - League 2 - Season under way
13. turnitupto11
14. dafuge
15. Robert_296
16. dave safc

Honours
Promoted via play-offs from League 2: 2017/18 - MikelLUFC

Now that is right, right?

bermybhoy
14-07-2008, 17:02
Ok just scanned through to try and work out who's confirmed or not, I think it should be:

Monkeys -

14 Frazza Pee
15 Bermy
16 Dava
17 PaulHartman

(note: I'm back home on holiday next week so might or might not want to switch if rolls round before then...not sure if I'll have net access so might disappear for a bit)

Softies -

Turnitupto11 has not confirmed he's going ahead. Unless he does so (and reads the opening posts as well) it will be:

13. Dafuge
14. Robert
15. dave safc

If I've missed anyone my apologies, just say and we'll get you back on.

In terms of order, I'll try and make it so anyone new gets priority (as long as those ahead don't object, but I don't think anyone would) and after that would keep it in order of when everyone went last. Seem fair?

PaulHartman71
14-07-2008, 17:06
yeah seems fair

Ridleys
14-07-2008, 17:13
September Update

Softies 2 - 2 Port Vale (A)
Howell (63) Roe (10, 32)
Hendley (88)

Another draw to start the month. We had a disgraceful first half, they walked all over us and deserved the lead at half time. We played much better in the second half though and deserved the draw in the end.

Softies 3 - 1 Rushden (H) - JPT South 1st Round
Howell (11) Wright (61)
Own Goal (45)
Blackburn (90)

An easy win really, performed well.

Softies 3 - 0 Grimsby (H)
Blackburn (24)
Howell (64, 88)

A very importnat win this was. We completely dominated the game and thoroughly deserved the win. We had slightly more possesion but had many more shots and that's what counted on the day.

Softies 1 - 1 Accrington (A)
Armenean (35) Chamberlain (8)

Another solid point which was pulling us further and further away from the relegation zone. I think we could have snatched a win, but their goalkeeper played exceptionally well and we just could not get a second goal.

Softies 3 - 4 West Brom (H)
Driver (43) March (9)
Blackburn (46)Fraser (27, 82)
Own Goal (49) Evans (61)

We were 2 goals down within the first half an hour and I though it would turn into a really bad loss, but we managed to get 3 goals just before and after half time and we found ourselves in the lead. It was all going swimmingly, until they scored 12 minutes later. It was all square again and I felt a draw would have been a fair result. They scored though in the 82nd minute. I was heartbroken :( :D

Softies 6 - 5 Barnsley (A)
Own Goal (19) Harding (12, 16, 36, 49, 68)
Howell (89, 90)
Blackburn (25, 79, 90)

I have to say this was the most exciting end to a game I have ever had on Football Manager. Losing 5 - 3 with 5 minutes to go is never a good thing, but scoring 3 goals in the final minutes of the game is absolutely amazing, wonderful result!

League Table:

Pos Team Pts

1st QPR 20
------------------------
6th Crystal Palace 16
7th Burnley 14
8th Softies 13
9th Tranmere 12
10th Grimsby 12
------------------------
21st Stockport 6

Had to play the last game of the month again, after my Laptop shut down after a number of virus' were found, luckily I had auto save on this time :D

Mikel LUFC
14-07-2008, 17:18
Can I be put to the back of the list for the softies please
Cheers lalalala

aaberdeenn
14-07-2008, 17:29
Save Game (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4EHQEVRR) - Northern Monkeys, June 2019

Robert_296
14-07-2008, 17:41
nice work so far ridleys

Dava
14-07-2008, 18:36
Well done Aab, good step forward for the club.

Looks like the squad has been nicely trimmed down and established itself in the league.