PDA

View Full Version : Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16

LiRiM-InSaNe
02-10-2008, 13:15
What in particular am I reading.?

LiRiM-InSaNe
02-10-2008, 13:20
Just post your interest in the thread. Please mention '3IAR' so I know you've read this far at least

what does he mean by this? Do I just have to say
3IAR to get my intentions known.?

chopper99
02-10-2008, 13:26
It's just so everyone knows that you've at least read the first page so know what the rules etc are for this challenge

LiRiM-InSaNe
02-10-2008, 13:34
Ok. Well I have. So can I join in last place please.?
If thats ok.

rlipscombe
02-10-2008, 13:49
If thats ok.

i say this because there is something mentioned in page 1 that you are supposed to do if you are to be added to the list... just giving you some friendly advice...

dafuge
02-10-2008, 17:36
If thats ok.

You've been added to the list

Dava
02-10-2008, 21:37
End of January

Penarrubia (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Penarrubia75m.jpg) - spainsh U21 international, chased him all summer and signed him in December, he was great in a U21 game when I was scouting Cook. 7.5m and is a natural leftback, wing back, mid L, Att Mid L.

Eijiri (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Ejiri5m.jpg) - I remember Choppers interest and when I checked my shortlist in December he was interested, looks great, 5M.

Players sold

Halgas, unhappy little hungarian, sold for 5m +50% sell on, looked as if he could of been a decent player.
Carruthers, Liverpool blew me away with a 20m + 50% sell on, as I didn't really play him. Turns out 30% went to Leeds but none the less great money. He is now classed as a 'wonderkid' ohhh well.
Gustavo, brazilian right winger, I never played him either but received a few 7.5m + 50% sell on and I couldn't refuse.

Transfer Summary (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/transfersummary-3.jpg)

League so far...

P: 23 W:12 D:2 L:9 Points 38, tied 4th. Although only 7 off top! I am amongst a group of 6/7 two or three points apart.

Knocked out the league cup.

In the 5th round of the FA cup.

Really had a brilliant January and Carrilho & Kucernak have made the front two position their own. Much more consistent.

Results to date (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/results.jpg)

And one for Jimbo the best prospect (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/Naylorbestpromoted.jpg) promoted.

LiRiM-InSaNe
02-10-2008, 22:41
You've been added to the list

Thanks mate. Appreciate it. Hopefully by then we are Prem and European champions

Dava
02-10-2008, 22:45
Up-date at Mid March

Currently top of league!!!!!! all be it on goal difference. I have played the most games in the league and there is only a 3 point gap between top and 6th, so don't get too carried away. Saying that there is only a nine point gap to 15th!

Into the semi-finals of the FA cup and hope to make the final, don't know the opponents yet.

On a bummer I lost a 4 goal lead at half-time, at home to Bolton, who proceeded to score 4 goals in the last 15 minutes.

Anyway thats me done for the night, I hope to have the save up by late Friday night, as im away Saturday & Sunday.

rlipscombe
03-10-2008, 09:38
looking really good Dava!! fingers crossed for league and cup success!! Ejiri looks like he could be a great little player for us, and may fit in perfectly to my formation after bermybhoys turn...

Dava
03-10-2008, 12:04
Cheers rlip, I realy like the squad of players. The problem is the whole of the premiership is full of 12/13 teams with very similar quality and every team can beat each other.

I have already lost 10 games and top of the league with 49pts after 29 games!

I honestly think I could stay in the top 4, but 4th is my aim, as three teams have two games in hand and only 2 points adrift.

I will going all out for the FA Cup!

By the way Rlip, if you go next do you mind if I ***** 20m on a defender centre as soon as he's interested? If we stay were we are and Portsmouth slip a place he may want to join us.

I can post a screen shoot of him for you if you like, he really could be the 'missing link'.

rlipscombe
03-10-2008, 13:10
you could post the link Dava but it's bermybhoy i believe up next.... i'm after him. you could also post a screenie of the finances to see what sort of impact it would make on the finances should we go for him......

good luck in the run-in. let's hope for champions league football!!

Jimbokav1971
03-10-2008, 13:30
Dava. Brilliant performance so far:thup:.

You do realise that although Bandito is really young and Mexican he was granted a WP at the age of 15 so it might be a better option to loan him to someone other than our Belgium feeder club.

Great results against Dirty Leeds and Geordies.

Gutted that you sold Carruthers if I'm honest. I think I even mentioned recently that he would become "world class". Oh well, you got good money for him, (and I did warn people that I signed players with sell on clauses as money was tight when I was manager). Not to worry though, although I think this was a mistale, I think you have excelled overall in the transfer of players. Shame to see Abraham go too, but again it is good money and if he's not in your plans then you obviously have better options.

Surprised to see both Laaksonen & Gustavo gone but I trust you;).

Thanks for the Scott Naylor *** pic by the way:thup:. He looks decent for a 16 year old and certainly thisngs in that area look to be moving in the right direction.

Jimbokav1971
03-10-2008, 14:00
Dava. Don't worry about asking for our permission to spend a lot on a player. You've bought in shed-loads of money through transfers and I think you've done really well in te transfer maket so just do what you think is best as long as it a long terms signing and not a short term fix.

As far as the finishing leage position goes, if we can't finish 1st then there is little difference between 2nd and 4th in my book.

The FA Cup should be taked VERY seriously now though that we are in the semis.

Dava
03-10-2008, 14:06
To be honest I would of kept Carruthers & Abraham, but it was out of my hands.

Laaksonen was far to slow and not much of a footballer. Gustavo never got a game but I did like the look of him.

Bank Balance is somewhere around 60m and I think I have 30m remaining of my transfer budget for this season.

I have no idea how I will do in the remaining 10/11 games, because it is such a close and competitive league but I should be finished tonight. Just can't wait to leave work now and get back to this game.

Fingers crossed I will finish 3rd and win the FA cup! but I'd be more than happy with 4th and the final of the FA cup.

Dava
03-10-2008, 19:37
Loaded up the game and it's Arsenal in the FA cup semi's.

Will post the result as soon as I play it.

Dava
03-10-2008, 19:55
Well the FA cup dream is over

Arsenal 3 - 2 Ten Ton

We took an early lead through Carrilho which was quickly undone by a dubious penalty decision.

We then took a 2-1 lead through Raspoet with a great goal and by the way he is playing out of his skin this year.

Arsenal quickly equalied with a route one goal with a cool finish.

Second half and we miss a sitter only for Cook (captain fantastic) to play a square ball back to the keeper from right back only to be intercepted and tucked into an empty net.

Dava
03-10-2008, 20:01
League with 6 games to go...

Current standings (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/currentleague.jpg)

I don't know how the team will react to the loss in the FA cup final, I will post each result as it comes in.

Dava
03-10-2008, 20:14
(H) Ten Ton 2 - 1 Fulham

We went 1 down at hal time, int he whole half there was only 2 shots at goal.

Second half we come ut and it looks over, no chances created until out of the blue Carrilho wins a very contraversial penalty in the 71minute. Penurrabla tucked it away.

We ten come alive and miss a stringof chances until the 94minute, Penurrabla sends in a cross from the left wing and it goes the entire distance, a total fluke!

Very very lucky win and I am getting more and more excited!

OrientMartin
03-10-2008, 20:16
We can't have Ten Ton winning the PL first!! :mad:

Dava
03-10-2008, 20:25
(A) Necastle 3 - 1 Ten Ton

We never really got going, I have played the same team for easily 15 games in a row and I think they are getting tired.

Second half we didn't create a chance.

Although I am still top of the league I just noticed Arsenal have 4 games in hand and only 7 points adrift. In fact if the teams below win the games in hand I will be one point ahead of the pack at 4TH!

Dava
03-10-2008, 20:42
(H) Ten Ton 4 - 0 Aston Villa

At home i decided to rest half my team (most were 90% or under).

Benoit & Da Silva finally got a start. Benoit got a quick goal to settle the nerves and late in the half got a second. We should of scored many more.

Second half Aston Villa dominated, but Da Silva got a break away goal to make the win secure. Aston Villa still pressed but Benoit then grabbed his hat trick on a counter.

Then disaster both centre halfs on the 89th minute have been injured for 6 days!! 12 days till the next match but god knows what the fitness levels will be.

Dava
03-10-2008, 20:52
Over the twelve day lay off Arsenal have won two of the four games in hand. They now are in 2nd place 1pt behind and two games in hand, I aint confident!

They are on a 6 game premiership winning streak BUGGARS!

Dava
03-10-2008, 21:05
(A) Stoke 2 - 6 Ten Ton

Kucernak & Carrilho grab a quickfire double in the first ten minutes. Kucernak adds a third on the 18th.

Second half and we come out the blocks on fire Ejiri adds another and then Carnomarkovic (his sub) scores a long range effort.
Stoke grab two ate goals before Carrilho gets his second.

Kucernak got injured and is out for the rest of the season.

Arsenal have drawn away at Portsmouth to give us a four point gap at the top, but Arsenal still have two games in hand.

I have two home games remaining that I am fairly confident of winning. (Reading & Everton)

Dava
03-10-2008, 21:20
(H) Ten Ton 4 - 1 Reading

The game is very even, both sides had chances. In the 24th minute Roespoet breaks the deadlock. Benoit then adds a goal straight from the restart. Le Mentec scores in the 37h minute from a tight angle. Redaing immediatly reply from the restart.

Second half and Benoit scores straight from the kick off. Reading begin to dominate and finally score in the 72nd minute. They continue to press and I have visions of the Bolton game. Da Silva finally puts the game the game to doubt with a goal.

Arsenal lose a 2-0 half time lead to draw 2-2, but have won one of the games in hand, they are currently 2 points adrift and have one game in hand.

Arsenal have a very tough run in - Liverpool at home and Aston Villa away. If I win against Everton I should have this sewn up!

Dava
03-10-2008, 21:26
Disaster Arsenal has won the game in hand, they sit top of the league.

It all comes down to the last game I only hope they fair worse away than I do at home

Dava
03-10-2008, 21:42
(H) Ten Ton 4 - 0 Everton

Well I done my part, easily!

But it was not enough, Arsenal have won the league by beating Aston Vill 2-1 away from home....gutted. 74 points to my 73 points, must be a record low points score for the EPL champions.

Still 2nd place and ECC qualification, although I never expected to win the league I was disappointed towards the end simply because since January the team has been incredible.

I will upload the game shortly and give a brief summary of the star players.

Dava
03-10-2008, 22:20
Team Summary

Great squad of players and young with bags of potential. I can only see the team going from strength to strength when more players mature. I would keep faith with most the team, the only exceptions being:

Kiistala (DC/R) - could be a good back-up but whinges about wanting first team football, I would only sell at 5m + 50%
Rourke (DC/DM) - again good back up and is worth keeping for a back up DM/CB but if better players are bought my starting eleven should become the back up and the likes of Rourke, Larsen & Kiistala sold.
Larsen (D/C/L/R) - Good utility player but again isn't anywhere near the first eleven.
Lopez Garcia (AMC/L/R) - Good player but again should be sold as I am sure better midfielders will be bought and my starters will become rotation players.

I would keep the rest of the squad unless a much, much better player is bought.

Personally I would look to buy another left winger and Centre back, but only world class players. I would happily spend 20m per player and get maybe 2 new faces in the squad.

I have a transfer decision lined up for the next user to have a turn, in the shape of a 25 year old French International from West Ham for 20m, he looks really classy, but I didnt want to buy him in case you have a tactic which he will not fit.

As for the Centre Back I have identified a few real world class players that I courted but to no avail. They are currently not interested but have a look and see if the heads are turned by ECC.

The first is Carlos Plaza from Portsmouth, he is unhappy and the scouts rated him full stars! his stats are amazy. (I have had bids of 20m accepted)
The second is Nordine Bossis from Man Utd. He is not interested but Man Utd have been relegated, again highly rated by the scouts.
The third is Okolie, a former Ten Ton player, his stats are great and he is interested! contrary to above..

Anyhoo I don't want to tell you how to do your job! The save game is below and enjoy!

SAVE FILE (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3GVDK5T4)

GazTheDoood
03-10-2008, 22:58
Well done Dava mate, truly great season.

bermybhoy
04-10-2008, 00:35
Perfect timing for me. Just back, miserable Friday night so staying in. Downloading the file now, then going to catch up on what's been happening...

rlipscombe
04-10-2008, 00:39
so unlucky Dava... 2nd is a great achievement - well done. the future looks bright indeed

good luck bermybhoy!!

bermybhoy
04-10-2008, 00:50
Fantastic season Dava! 2nd is remarkable.

Creates loads of pressure mind you...I've never ever managed a team in the Premiership in this version of the game so it should be very interesting. Any nuggets of advice from the previous few managers more than welcome!

Noted re the transfer bids in place. Hopefully I have enough time to scout other options before committing to anything. Looking forward to this...really can't believe I'll be managing them in the Premier League and Champions League...

GazTheDoood
04-10-2008, 00:53
Good luck bermy mate, should be a good, fun challenge.

Jimbokav1971
04-10-2008, 07:57
:thup:Brilliant Dava.

Well chuffed with that.

Bermy, I sold Okolie as he was unhappy but I thinbk he was affected by Lychodil and Pedro so dojn't be put off signing him. Also, it's likely that we can get him for half price as I would expecgt that I stuck a 50% clause on the deal.

Good luck with the signings in pre-season and don't forget to give us a look at the best XI screeines and the best promoted youth player.

Well done again Dava:thup:.

Dava
04-10-2008, 10:51
Good luck bermy, I think it's a good squad of players and expect to be fighting to keep hold of them.

I know it's the time of FM09 soon, but I would really like to be put back on the list.

NepentheZ
04-10-2008, 14:09
Fantastic effort Dava. 2nd place is brilliant, and straight into the group stages of the Champs League..!! :thup:

Dava
04-10-2008, 15:53
Bermy, forgot to say I didn't offer Ivanov - GK (sp?) a new contract, as I thought McCombe looked the business. However McCombe was very prone to mistakes, but the potential is definitely there. I don't think I have ever had a keeper on FM08 with a season average of 7+, so I didn't think he done too bad at 6.8ish.

You may notice a Chinese keeper in the ranks with no work permit, I bought him simply because I got a Chinese feeder club in place and wanted to cash in.

bermybhoy
04-10-2008, 18:36
Bermy, forgot to say I didn't offer Ivanov - GK (sp?) a new contract, as I thought McCombe looked the business. However McCombe was very prone to mistakes, but the potential is definitely there. I don't think I have ever had a keeper on FM08 with a season average of 7+, so I didn't think he done too bad at 6.8ish.

You may notice a Chinese keeper in the ranks with no work permit, I bought him simply because I got a Chinese feeder club in place and wanted to cash in.

That's fine. I didn't rate him and neither did the coaches, so I let him go. I found a Spanish GK with a low minimum release clause (6.75m I think) so snapped him up, and have been playing him in preference to McCombe. The Chinese guy hasn't improved, but it's unlikely anyone will want him - he's rotting in the reserves now.

I think people have previously got a bit carried away with signing non-EU players to send to the Belgian feeder club. A few will clearly never be good enough, and there was a couple who are already out of contract, have only been sent there for 2 out of the required 3 years, so have had to be released. In addition, there's a guy from somewhere random (I don't have it open, sorry), who needed about 2,500 days there for citizenship!! That's most of his career, and less than it would take in the UK.

I've pruned the squad significantly, there was a lot of dead weight in there. Very. very impressed by last season's signings though - I can't find anyone of that quality ofr those kind of prices.

What I've done instead is try to improve the areas that look weak - specifically, down the wings. And finding better players doesn't come cheap.....full update to follow. All I'll say is, the Monkeys haven't seen spending like it....hope everyone approves....

Robert_296
04-10-2008, 19:20
It seems like it has just turned into a Ten Ton thread over the past few weeks. I know it was partly my fault as I didn't post much during my season but still there seems to be a lot more posts involving the Monkeys side of the challenge

OrientMartin
04-10-2008, 19:21
It's because we have nobody taking on the next season yet.

dafuge
04-10-2008, 19:22
It seems like it has just turned into a Ten Ton thread over the past few weeks. I know it was partly my fault as I didn't post much during my season but still there seems to be a lot more posts involving the Monkeys side of the challenge

The softies are a bit short of people at the moment, although things should kick off again on Sunday.

Robert_296
04-10-2008, 19:22
Yeah I know but before my go there was definitely a lot less posting from our team

Robert_296
04-10-2008, 19:23
Although a reason might be that the Monkeys have a lot more "regulars" on these forums

Dava
05-10-2008, 02:20
I think that is a bit unfair, when James Matthews was in charge regular updates were coming thick and fast and previous managers were replying the same.

When you compare your season up dates, with no end of season up date, just a save file, it's a bit of a ask to agree with you.

I think you get as much from this challenge as you give (and I do realise you were an original), I posted nearly a page of nonsense with no same day replies but I took in to consideration people look at the forums at different times and people have real life to deal with.

Although I must admit I did get lots of feedback from the previous managers, as and when it was needed..... but is that not because I asked and posted regular up dates?

Jimbokav1971
05-10-2008, 08:59
I agree with Dava.

You can't really expect anyone to comment when you are not posting any updates.

You did a decent brief "mid season update" just over a week ago and then there was little info except 1 line that Hoxha was back from injury, a post that it was looking like UEFA Cup rather than Champions league and then a post where you said that you would do an update later but that the save was ready and the season was over.

You don't have to do detailed updates regularly, but you've not even done an end of season summary of any kind.

It's pretty hard to get people to respond to stuff when you are not providing anyone with any info. I quite often responded to detailed posts by James just to keep the interest going. (even though I was the enemy).

The following is taken from the 1st page.

Rules of the thread

This is an interactive thread with a number of forum members who take a keen interest in the ups and downs of both teams. Therefore if you're taking part:

Report on you progress as often, and in as much detail, as you can.

Screenshots of absolutely anything are encouraged. Anything you think is relevant...take a look at some of the contributions from experienced Wallace or Roberts managers for ideas...top players, best signings, league tables, results etc are all good.

At the start of the season, try to provide at least the following: the board's expectations; your OWN expectations; your predictions for top scorer; club players of the year and a young player to watch.

At the end of the season, provide a summary of the season, with screenshots.

dafuge
05-10-2008, 11:35
Yeah I know but before my go there was definitely a lot less posting from our team

JamesMathews (who was before you) wrote some fantastic updates which prompted a fair bit of discussion and let us know exactly what was going on at the club during the season.

I know what you mean about the Monkeys, they do seem to have more regular posters who are willing to post at length which might be the reason there is more discussion from the monkeys at the moment, but they have also had the luxury of consistent, regular updates without long silent periods like we have had.

Are you going to write an end of season review? I'm still unaware of what position we finished in the league and I shouldn't really have to download the save game file to find out for myself.

Robert_296
05-10-2008, 12:51
Oh right yeah I'll do that. I completely forgot about it

dave safc
05-10-2008, 13:49
Ok, I'm good to go. Downloading the file now :thup:

Robert_296
05-10-2008, 14:53
Softies End of season Update

First of all sorry for the lateness of this.

This season we have definitely taken a step back. The last two seasons we have finished in the top 4 and got into the Champions leaue. This season we did not reach the champions league and barely making Europe, just getting into it via the Intertoto cup. The problem was our mid season form, as we started the season brightly and finished the season well. In the space of 10 games we had fallen from 6th place challenging for the champions league spots to 11th place trying really hard to just make it in to Europe, whee the players at this club belong.

Perhaps our defence let us down a little bit as we were conceding one and a half goals per match, while when we were missing Emiliano Hoxha up front from injury we were lacking in goals as apart from Sean Law the next highest scorer was Raymond Van De Weerd with 6 goals and then a few people with 3 goals.

We performed quite well in the champions league as despite last season reaching the semi finals the board only expected us to reach the group stage, and even thouh we had Real Madrid in it we still went and won it. We then beat PSV to reach the quarters finals but we unfortunately were held to a goalless draw at our own stadium to Roma and they went and snatched a 1-0 win at the Stadio Olimpico which brought an end to our champions league dream.

I enjoyed our FA cp campaign. Partly because up until the sixth round we did not have ot face a Premiership team and we comfortably beat Blackburn, Ipswich and Burnley. We then faced the dificult task of Tottenham and with the board expecting us to reach the semi final I knew I had to win to escape the chairman being unhappy with me. So we travelled ot White Hart Lane expecting a close mach and that was what we got with the score 1-1 and I thought "I'll take that and lets see what we can do in the replay". So when weplayed them we had to go for the win, and that was what we did. It looked as though it as going to be 1-1 and go to extra time until, yes you guessed it, Emiliano Hoxha came and scored the winner in stoppage time. Unfortunately we then lost 2-1 to Newcastle in the sei final.

We got knocked out in the third round of the league cup to a good Portsmouth team 3-1 and were outplayed.

I think overall the squad is very good and perhaps with someone better managin the team we could have got so much more this season. I think one area to improve is the centr of midfield as if you use central midfielders then there is Pacheco and then Bruno and Munoz who aren't really ready for first team football in my opinion. Up front I think we could do with a backup striker but the main two are very, very good. We could perhaps, do with another central defender but I think if we didn't get one we could survive. I think the players on the wings and full backs are fine and we have backups in all four positions which I think would be good enuogh to start in the Premiership. The two goalkeepers are good although Andrea Capone was getting unhappy as Cristescu was being preffered to him almost all of the time.

League (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/EoSSoftiesleaguetable.jpg): 7th
FA Cup: semi final
League Cup: 3rd round
Champions league: Quarter final
Overview (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/EosSoftiesoverview.jpg)

Good luck Dave

dafuge
05-10-2008, 15:00
7th is still pretty good, especially when it was only four points off 4th.

Good to see the Hox baning in 40 goals, despite missing a lot of the season. Have you got a screenshot of the whole squad?

Robert_296
05-10-2008, 15:07
meant to make one. I'll get one some time today becasue I'm going outfor a bit now

dave safc
05-10-2008, 16:18
First impressions of the team are very good. There is a lot of quality and plenty of depth, almost too much depth! There was 63 players on the books when I took over, although it's down to 47 now.

Goalie is world class, which I'm delighted with. You can't put a price on a safe pair of hands.

Defence is world class too, hoping to use a strong defence as a base to build on this season.

Midfield is a bit light. Pacheco and Bruno are top draw, but beyond them the options are limited. The flanks are well catered for, Snodin and Eder are quality.

I only play with one striker and we've got 3 top quality strikers, so that might cause some problems as time goes by. I think Hoxha will be first choice with Law the backup.

I haven't bought anyone yet, but there is plenty of money available if I want to delve into the market, possibly for a midfielder.

I've also just played the two legs of the Intertoto Cup, as we attempt to get into Europe via the back door. We were drawn against Slavia Sofia;

Leg 1

Slavia 0 - 3 Legend FC

Leg 2

Legend FC 4 - 0 Slavia

Absolutely played them off the park both games to be honest, having 49 shots in the process. This win takes us into the UEFA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round. I'm pretty confident that we can eventually progress into the group stages.

Predictions

The Media are predicting 6th, but I'm aiming higher than that. I think we're good enough to challenge for the title, if not win it.

dave safc
05-10-2008, 16:36
Question for the Softies. How would you feel about signing this guy - Here (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viniciusft6.jpg)

He's not cheap at 20.5m, and he can only play either AML, AMR or FC. I know not everyone uses AMLs and AMRs. But he is absolute quality, could really push us onto the next level. What's peoples' opinions?

Also just made my first signing of the season. Franz Forster (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forsteren6.jpg) arriving for 10.75m. Exactly what I was looking for and a snip at that price.

dafuge
05-10-2008, 16:42
I'm not too sure, although I like players who play in that position, I prefer them to have a decent amount of pace.

He does look pretty good though.

dave safc
05-10-2008, 16:47
Yeah, the lack of pace was my only concern. There doesn't seem to be that many wingers with pace knocking about.

I think I'll just leave it, because Eder is playing great pre-season, and there's also Blanco as back-up.

dafuge
05-10-2008, 16:51
Have you got a screenshot of Eder?

I signed him as a 17 year old so I'd be interested to see what he's like now.

Dava
05-10-2008, 16:51
Franz Forster looks a bargain, he is quality.

dave safc
05-10-2008, 17:04
Have you got a screenshot of Eder?

I signed him as a 17 year old so I'd be interested to see what he's like now.

Eder (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ederel9.jpg)

Only cost 350k as well.

dafuge
05-10-2008, 18:02
Looks pretty decent, hopefully over the next few years his mental attributes should improve.

OrientMartin
05-10-2008, 20:26
Eder looks quality and will only keep improving, I can't wait to be managing him when my turn comes around.

bermybhoy
05-10-2008, 21:28
Northern Monkeys - Season 2028/29

First impressions of this squad are that, as Dava has said and proved with the second place finish, it's very, very strong. Most of the first team is of a good age - early 20's, and any fees paid for them already should be at least recoverable. The only way to improve this team is to find some 'Continental' or even 'Worldwide' rep players.

Up front, we're awesome. Kucernak was crowned European Golden Boot winner, yet the scouts universally rate him just 3rd in the club's pecking order.... I plan to revert to a 4-4-2 (as opposed to one up top, as I played last time), to make the most of that. As Dava pointed out, we're probably weakest on the flanks, so left and right wingers are the priority. A new centre back would be nice to have, as would a GK.

New signings
With that in mind, I only made 4 signings. First off, promising looking (if a little old) Canadian GK Steve Ramsay (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/RamsayGK.jpg). We need competition for the position, and he looks excellent. Secondly, having released the aging and out of contract Georgi Ivanov, I also snapped up Eneko Gordillo (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/GordilloGK.jpg). Valued at his minimum fee release clause of 6.75m, he's clearly a bargain, and I think worth several time that.

That's where the bargain hunting stopped. After putting in numerous bids for all of the top wingers available, we landed William (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/WilliamRW.jpg), a Brazilian from Ajax for 20.5m. Unfortunately club legend James Dunn saw fit to comment that he doesn't rate him, and unusually, the fans immediately saw him as a bad signing. I'm therefore thinking I paid over the odds, but performances so far have been encouraging. The last of the quartet was Barry Watson (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/WatsonLW26m.jpg), a brilliant Scottish left winger. He comes with a big reputation, and even bigger wages and transfer fee - 26m. Again, it's over the odds, but if there was anyone better aailable for less, I couldn't find them.

I have been keeping a close eye on scouting reports for up and coming youngsters, but unfortunately I just can't find anyone of any quality. I will make a big push in January to bring some in. Of those I've promoted from the reserves was the Mexican Bandito, our previous record signing. He'd been punted out on loan and came back with his value barely over 500k, and I would honestly have flogged him if I hadn't seen what he cost. He looks handy though, and I'll give him game to see how he comes on. At 18, he has time on his side.

Sales
The squad has been reduced dramatically, as the transfers screen shows. Those released were coming out of contract anyway, or were youth system youngsters in the reserves with no future ahead of them. I don't think any will be missed personally - hopefully no-one disagrees. Notable exits were those of Garcia (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Sold-Garcia.jpg), for a bumper 10m (he was signed on a Bosman), Kiistala (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Sold-Kiistala.jpg) the versatile but moaning defender for 4.3m and O'Rourke (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Sold-ORourke.jpg) for 7m + sell on (he's never have got a game under me). Maybe worth mentioning Luca Rocca (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Sold-LucaRocca.jpg) as well - I got 950k for him, which represents a loss - someone paid about 3m for him. I just don't see how he's developed, and the level he's gone to pobably backs up my assertion that he won't come to anything.

Transfers (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Transfers1.jpg)
Transfers (cont) (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Transfers2.jpg)

bermybhoy
05-10-2008, 21:29
Other news
Wallace has been rewarded for the sparkling season last term with a new contract (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/newcontract.jpg). I negotionated it to 4 years, on almost double the money. Wallace is a legend. Last season also saw the club rocket up the rich list (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/richlist.jpg). Bearing in mind that only one player has thus far moaned about moving to a bigger club, I think we can say Ten Ton are now officially a 'Big Club'.

On top of that, with sell outs all last term, the stadium is being expanded (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/stadiumexpansion.jpg). My thinking is that with a purpose built stadium, it should have pretty much unlimited room for expansion in future.

Not sure where this fits in this, but here is last season's best XI (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/seasonbestXI.jpg).

Think that's it for pre-season. I've played on a bit, so next report to follow later. If anyone wants to see anything else, let me know.

Robert_296
05-10-2008, 21:33
They look good signings, although I have to agree imo you paid a bit too much for them

GazTheDoood
05-10-2008, 21:40
Those signings look very promising indeed, especially the two goalkeepers snapped up at bargain fees.

TBH, i don't think you've paid over the odds at all, because that amount of money is not really that much, especially so late on into the game. If the players improve the squad, then money well spent bermy.

What are your predictions for the season ahead?
I know you mentioned it being your first seaon managing in the premiership, so how do you think you'll cope?

bermybhoy
05-10-2008, 21:50
I think we'll do ok. My tactics usually produce pretty dreary, low scoring football, but I think with these guys we have up front, those wingers and the Japanese playmaker in midfield, we shouldn't have any trouble scoring. I hope we'll be there or there about by the end - hoping top 4 minimum, plus at least one good domestic cup run and a Champions Cup quarter final appearance. It's possible with our best team out, but we do lack some strength in depth.

Dava
05-10-2008, 22:04
Nice one Bermy, the two goalies look top draw.

I really like the look of Watson he is definitely an improvement of Raspoet, even though I did grow quite fond of him! Watson could be the misisng piece in our midfied, he has great 'winger' attributes but also attributes that would fit a creative midfielder.

William looks top too, think he will be a star player in years to come.

Wouldn't worry about the money spent either, as it's a clear sign your going for it. Not to mention we could recoup all that was spent on the sale of one of our 4 strikers!

bermybhoy
06-10-2008, 00:10
Community Shield - Arsenal v Ten Ton

With a powerful Arsenal team clearing up with the double last season, Ten Ton found themselves competing in the season's curtain-raiser, the Community Shield for the first time ever, due to our 2nd place league finish last term. Arsenal raced to a 2-0 half time lead, and we looked well out of it. I wish I could remember the half time talk, for it worked - within 10 minutes of the restart, the majestic Ejiri and Benoit had cancelled it out. Ten Ton were well on top, and got just reward after winning a penalty in the last minute, just as a penalty shoot out loomed. Up stepped left back Penarrubia to cooly slot home, and secure the clubs' first silverware in years! Arsenal 2-3 Ten Ton - a great start to the season.

Community (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/Communityshied.jpg) Shield

Blackburn 3-4 Ten Ton
Pannarubia (pen)
Benoit
Puelle
Cook

Onto the league and our opener was away to Blackburn. Pannarubia scored another penalty in the 6th minute, and Benoit doubled the lead after just 6 minutes. We were comfortably on top before Blackburn scored two goals out of nowhere, the second a Puelle og. Puelle however made amends with a minute left, banging home from a corner. Not to be outdone, his cente back partner Cook did exactly the same, well into injury time. Blackburn then pulled another back with the last kick, but it was Ten Ton's day.

Ten Ton 6-1 Southampton
Benoit (2)
Pennarubia (pen)
Kucernak (3)

Well, I never expected this. The Monkeys showed our class by blowing Southampton away. A great performance where the early season strike pairing of Benoit and Kucernak were both on fire.

Stevanage 0-3 Ten Ton
William
Cook
Puelle

In a game we should have won easily, it got to half time with no goals. The hairdryer treatment from Wallace worked, and three second half goals gave us the win we deserved. We got anoher penalty in this game, but Pennarubia was already off the field and Crnomarkovic blew it.

Ten Ton 5-1 Tottenham
Ejiri
Benoit (2)
Bandito
Da Silva

Another simply brilliant performance, where Spurs had no chance. Benoit was again in form, and Da Silva showed our embaressing array of striking talent by coming off the bench to stake his claim for a starting place. Ejiri also scored a trademark long range effort. The expensive youngster Bandito finally made his debut - Ejiri's understudy came off the bench to show the master how it's done, placing a 25 yard effort into the corner.

Portsmouth 3-1 Ten Ton
Benoit

With four wins out of four, we looked good for this one too, Benoit scoring early. We were largely in control, until Portsmouth came back and equalised just before half time. The second half was then backs to the wall, and we couldn't hold out, finally losing our 100% record.

Dava
06-10-2008, 09:24
Great start to the season Bermy.

rlipscombe
06-10-2008, 09:31
good start there bermybhoy, despite the Portsmouth defeat. looks promising once more for the new season! and the 'legendary' youngster Bandito gets his first goal for the club as well.... the signings look good and i wouldn't worry about the fees paid. better spending a bit more to get the necessary players.

congrats on the community shield win too!

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 09:59
Bermy.

GK Ramsey looks crap. (Jumping 6 Concentration 9).

Eneko Gordillo looks better but again has concentration at less than 10.

William certainly looks good, but time will tell if he is value at over 20M.

Barry Watson looks great, (except for the crinkle rings, (if that's what they are called)), who cares about the money. He's quality and we needed some on the left.

10M is excellent money for Garcia.

I bought Kiistala, O'Rourke & Rocca. Kiistala is nowhere near good enough now and O'Rourke was the best non striker in the squad when he joied the club, (which shows the improvement that has been made over the last 2 seasons). Rocca had a really good scout report which indicated a high PA I think, hence me investing in him. I'm also a sucker for "touted as" and high U21 appearances. I was also looking to purchase players who would develop in to fringe players but who would also be qualified as HG for European purposes.

Bandito was my final purchase and had the best series of scout reports that I have seen in the game so that was why I spent so much on him. Again I would suggest that he has a VERY high PA.

Surprised to see Ikonen go, (even though 8.5M is decent). He seemed to be a key player last season from the reports I read.

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 10:16
Bermy.

Wel done on the new contract and the ground expansion. What does that make our capacity, (after completion)?

I signed 2 young GK's when I was at the club. 1 was Irish and the other English. It looked like they would have similar PA to McCombe, (if a little behind in development). How are they progressing in your opinion and what does our best scout (JPP) think about them?

There was also a young English SC, (was his name Richardson?) who was valued at big bucks even at 17 years old. Any chance of him making it in the big-time?

Thanks for the pics but any chance we could have a look at the overall best XI please. (ps. did anyone else find the look of Dava's 41222 tactic strange), (but obvioulsy very effective).

Any chance that you could post the profile and the coach report for the best youth prospect promoted. Cheers:thup:.

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 10:26
Bandito scores on his debut:D!

Great start:thup:.

bermybhoy
06-10-2008, 10:30
Jimbo - will answer the queries later tonight. Next report just coming up.

bermybhoy
06-10-2008, 10:37
Ten Ton 1-0 Fulham
Kucernak

Kucernak scored early. Virtually nothing else happened.

Champions Cup Group E
Our debut in the most prestigious tournament in the world has seen us drawn with the mighty Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, and Ajax. As 4th seeds we're underdogs, but I fancy us to qualify comfortably. The first game was at home to Ajax.

Ten Ton 0-0 Ajax

Very frustrating. Ajax had most of the play but we dicated proceedings by creating most chances. There was simply no way through though, and a poor performance was compounded by injuries to 3 players - Cook, plus both new wingers, William and Watson.

Everton 2-0 Ten Ton

Our poor results are now forming a mini-slump. This simply wasn't good enough, and has sent me back to tweak some tactics.

League Cup 3rd round
Ten Ton 3-1 Tottenham
Bandito
Da Silva
Kucernak

Our poor form meant throwing in youngsters seemed a bad idea, so a strong-ish team was sent out and overcame Spurs easily, who will just be glad to escape with less punishment than last time. The scoreline maybe flatters us a bit, the last goal came from a clearance while defending a corner after their keeper had gone up for it, true JimboKav style.

West Brom 2-1 Ten Ton
Cedric Sanchez

This was a biggie. Although newly promoted, West Brom have been in great form, and topped the league going into this. This was very even, but after losing one in the second half, I switched to an attacking formation, and promptly lost another. Our solid holding midfielder Sanchez did his bit by putting away his first ever goal for the club, but it wasn't to be, a late seige of West Brom's goal failing to find an equaliser. Again disappointing, but at least a decent performance.

Champions Cup Group E
CSKA Moscow 0-4 Ten Ton
Benoit (2)
Kucernak
Ejiri

This was more like it. Everything clicked, and Ten Ton made sure all of Europe knew their name with this win. With a crisis of right wing injuries, young Brazilian Ronieli Pinheiro made a great debut, with an 8 rating. Although not good enough for a regular starting spot, this has earned him the right to be added to the first team squad and given a few chances over the season.

CSKA lost their first game to Inter, then Ajax surprisingly beat Inter today, leaving Ajax and the Monkeys on 4 points, Inter on 3 and CSKA with 0. I reckon it means we need at least one win v Inter, and to avoid a loss away to Ajax to go through.

Ten Ton 3-2 West Ham
Ejiri (3)

A strange game this. We were completely and utterly in control, yet our strikers were awful. Ejiri showed them how it's done with 3 great goals. West Ham scored two bolts out of the blue late on. 3-0 would've been a fairer reflection.

League (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/2LeagueetableOct8.jpg) table That leaves us sitting 4th in the table, with a game in hand that could put us joint top.
Squad (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/2squadOct8.jpg)
Top performer so far are William (til his injury), and the central midfielders Sanchez (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/2CedricSanchez.jpg) and Ejiri (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/2TaroEjiri.jpg). Both brilliant players - great signings by Dava.

chopper99
06-10-2008, 10:40
An excellent start Bermy.

The two Keepers look OK but I personally think McCombe has got the better spread of attributes to make him a class keeper.

The two signings on the wings look excellent, and don't worry about the price. Good wingers who are willing to play for the club are hard to come by at the moment so you need to pay for them.

In the season I played (2 seasons ago) O'Rourke was my best centre back in terms of performance and Ikonen was probably my best central midfielder. It shows how far the club's come that these two are now surplus to requirements.

Well done for the Community Shield win, hopefully that will add another boost to the reputation.

Can you let me have a look at the youngster I named after myself a few seasons ago. He'll be called Chopper***. The scouts didn't rate him that highly so he might not have even made the reserve team yet.

chopper99
06-10-2008, 10:52
Bermy.
(ps. did anyone else find the look of Dava's 41222 tactic strange), (but obvioulsy very effective).

I too thought this looked like a strange formation, but as you said it clearly worked a treat. I was also surprised to see the quality of players who were willing to sign for the club in the summer that Dava took over. None of these type of players were even the slightest bit interested in signing for me in the January window, so a good effort there as well.

Perhaps, despite dropping to 12th in the end, the fact that I spent most of the season in the top 6 may have done the manager and clubs reputation some good. ;)

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 10:57
Bandito scores again:D.

Unbeaten in Europe after 2 games:thup:.

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 10:59
I too thought this looked like a strange formation, but as you said it clearly worked a treat. I was also surprised to see the quality of players who were willing to sign for the club in the summer that Dava took over. None of these type of players were even the slightest bit interested in signing for me in the January window, so a good effort there as well.

Perhaps, despite dropping to 12th in the end, the fact that I spent most of the season in the top 6 may have done the manager and clubs reputation some good. ;)

Champs League footy will have been a pull and finishing 2nd last season and an FA Cup Semi will have boosted our rep.

Jimbokav1971
06-10-2008, 11:02
Wow Sanchez & Ejiri look absolute quality.

rlipscombe
06-10-2008, 11:03
yeah, great start in Europe bermy. great away win in Russia that. The Inter games will be key i think - good results and we'll be nearly there...

Dava
06-10-2008, 11:32
Sanchez looks out of this world he has really improved since I first bought him.

During my tenure I bought mainly from our exsisting shortlist but I got some from the U21 championships. Basically if the player in question doesn't play for a big team I would constantly say he is a good player/like to sign him until he became unhappy and had positive thoughts in the press regarding Wallace. As soon as any player become unhappy or disillusioned I would pounce, so to speak.

There was plenty of players I unsettled that went to much, much larger teams that would of made a massive impact on our squad! I missed out on at least 3/4 worldclass players for decent value.

As for the formation, once I bought the Japanese lad I played all my football 'through the middle', to use him and Sanchez to the best I could. I had to move the wingers more central to get them involved but if I remember right, they had arrows to the wings.

It did work towards the end, but it was a very rocky start so a bit like Bermy I was always making tactical tweaks here and there. Then the last 15 games or so i had no injuries, played the exact same team and formation every game and it got the results for the run in.

bermybhoy
07-10-2008, 02:19
Ten Ton 1-0 Crystal Palace
Cook

This had no goals written all over it, until Cook scored from a corner two minutes into injury time.

Champions Cup Group E
Inter Milan 1-0 Ten Ton

A really excellent game this. I played an attacking tactic and it led to an open game that could've gone either way. Unfortunately of our only two fit strikers, Benoit has gone off the boil and Carrilho has not scored yet this season. He's well off form, if I can sell him I will. Fortunately CSKA beat Ajax, leaving the group wide open.

Stoke 1-1 Ten Ton
Richardson

My patience with Carrilho at an end, I brought in youngster Mark Richardson from the reserves to partner Benoit instead. And he did in 7 minutes what Carrilho hasn't done all season - scored. Unfortunately Benoit was injured and had to be replaced - by Carrilho - early on. Carrilho duly had another shocker.

To make matters worse, Benoit is now out for 1-2 months, along with Kucernak. Da Silva is just about to return from injury, but we're going to have to play Carrilho some time. As such I've moaned about him to the press - it better work, or we're going to have more of a problem than exists already. He is now 'determined to improve his form despite his maagers harsh criticism', so fingers crossed.

Oddly, those last three league games earned Wallace manager of the month for October...

bermybhoy
07-10-2008, 02:57
Right, to answer a few queries...

Here's your man Chopper. (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3chopper.jpg) I'm afraid it's not looking like he'll come to much. He's promoted to the reserves this season by virtue of his age.

Jimbo, I think the two keepers you refer to are Bell (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3bell.jpg) and Pendelton (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3pendleton.jpg). Again, I'm not convinced they'll fulfil whatever potential they might have had, hence signing the Canadian. Both are out on loan so no chance of a scout report for now.

Richardson, on the other hand, looks far more like it. As you see I handed him a debut already (just before you asked as it goes) and he did ok. This is his profile (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3richardson.jpg), which isn't overly impressive in itself, but this is the top scout (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3richardsonscout.jpg) report. I think this boy, along with Bandito (although the scouts aren't nearly as impressed), need a share of first team football to bring them on. Sending them out on loan doesn't seem to cut it - it won't until we're big enough to send them to a higher standard of team than we do presently.

This will be the overall best eleven here (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/3overallbestxi.jpg). No changes, most of these guys are old skool.

I kept an eye on the promoted youngsters for you, but me and the scouts were so unimpressed I didn't bother to take screen shots, and now I can't mind who the 'top' one was. They are all hopeless, the message said something like 'one of the better players this year is....' which I think says it all.

bermybhoy
07-10-2008, 03:02
I should add too, I've been thinking about our overall scouting knowledge, which isn't great. To that end, I brought in a German scout and a Brazilian coach, to boost our knowledge in those areas. Might make it easier to spot a gem. My next targets would be Spanish and Italian scouts or coaches, since so much talent comes from there, but there's no-one available.

Having said that, we have unearthed what I think is an absolute gem of a CB/DM in Spain - 21 year old Basque who will join in January for 9m. God bless minimum fee release clauses...will post his screenshot once he signs.

Jimbokav1971
07-10-2008, 13:12
Thanks for the info and the screenies Bermy:thup:.

Good to see Richardson scoring early, but you are correct, he doesn;t seem to have improved much since I signed him over 2 years ago.

Shame that 3 of our senior SC's are out, but keep faith with Carrilho. He was immense for me and maybe just needs a run of games get get into the flow again. I'm sure his run of poor form will come to an end soon and then he will fill hi boots.

Thankfully though it looks like we have goals elsewhere in the team, (especially middle of the pitch).

bermybhoy
07-10-2008, 20:46
What's happening with the Softies? Sorry I've lost track - was it ever agreed who's going next?

Robert_296
07-10-2008, 20:56
I have a feeling Dave_safc downloaded the save. Not sure whther he has started yet or not though

NepentheZ
07-10-2008, 21:22
Great season thus far bermy. Shame about the Champs League form. I think the GK's are far better than the ones we had. Can't believe we're nearly 30 seasons in now..!! Nice work in the league too, some big wins you've picked up there.

Jimbo : Yea, Dava's tactic looked odd to me too. I'm yet to find a tactic that is successful without wingers (and believe me, I've tried).

According to Page 1, Rlip is next, followed by me. (Seems an eternity since my last term..!)

dave safc
07-10-2008, 21:27
Yeah, I'm playing it at the minute, had a busy day today but will be able to play tomorrow so there will be an update then. :thup:

bermybhoy
07-10-2008, 21:36
Thanks for the info and the screenies Bermy:thup:.

Shame that 3 of our senior SC's are out, but keep faith with Carrilho. He was immense for me and maybe just needs a run of games get get into the flow again. I'm sure his run of poor form will come to an end soon and then he will fill hi boots.

No probs Jimbo.

And you keep calling it....you'll like the next report, certainly the bits on Carrilho.

bermybhoy
08-10-2008, 02:18
League Cup 4th Round
Ten Ton 3-1 Blackburn
Carillho (3)

Yes, that's right. Carrilho hat-trick! You couldn't script it. For the first, he just got in the way of a shot, it went in and he claimed it. Boosted by that, he got a second, which was clearly a mile offside. His confidence surely resored, he notched a proper poachers effort to seal the hat-trick.

Really, this is what makes the game great.

Ten Ton 4-2 Wolves
Sasson (og) (but it should have been given to Carrilho, just took a deflection)
Ejiri
Da Silva
Carrilho!

This was more like it! Back to our early season form, with a phenominal second half. For Wolves, the Kiwi Ashley Orr scored twice - he's having some season, with over a goal a game - the scouts are checking him out.

Champions Cup Group E
Ten Ton 1-1 Inter
Carrilho!

Very frustrating this. We were well on top and should have won it, but Da Silva is now our striker off form and missed several decent chances. Ajax won, making it critical that we beat them away in our next game.

Wigan 1-2 Ten Ton
Carrilho!
Watson

Carrilho continued his brilliant form to open the scoring. Wigan pulled one back but Watson got his first for the club to seal it. Both sides had over 20 chances - this could have finished with any score imaginable.

Premier League
With 13 games played, that leaves us in 2nd place, level on points (28) with Liverpool, and 3 points ahead of Arsenal, West Brom and Newcastle. Crucially, we have a game in hand (v mid-table Man City) over all of them...

Jimbokav1971
08-10-2008, 07:48
6 goals in 4 games for Carrilho:D!

rlipscombe
08-10-2008, 09:32
still looking good bermy... althought the draw with Inter was frustrating... still, keep it up!!

and yes, i am next. looking forward to it. i've not managed them since League 1, so will be good to play with the Monkeys in the Premier League....

Dava
08-10-2008, 10:19
Looking good Bermy, keep it up!

Hopeful you can get something away at Ajax. Any news on that Basque centre half?

bermybhoy
08-10-2008, 11:54
Ten Ton 2-0 Arsenal
Carrilho
Ejiri

What a result this is! Carrilho and Ejiri put us 2 up inside 13 minutes, before the champions had even got going. They then came back strongly and in truth should have won it - they had 25 shots to our 7 - but we held out and scored what could be a massive win.

European Champions Cup Group E
Ajax 3-2 Ten Ton
Da Silva
Cook

Gutted at this. Ajax have a decent team, but I decided to attack them, and it nearly backfired terribly. They score early on then dominated the opening spell. I had to change to a defensive tactic to stem the flow. And it payed off - for a while. With our first two efforts, we went 2-1 up, only for Ajax to equalise from the kick off. I'd have taken a draw and hoped for the best in the last game, but when Ajax scored with 15 minutes left, there was no way back.

Inter also won, meaning both they and Ajax already qualify on 10 points. Our Champions Cup adventure is almost over. On the up side, anything other than defeat at home to CSKA puts us in the Euro Cup.

But it's not all bad news. At the end of November, Ten Ton sit proudly top of the league, 3 ahead of Liverpool and Newcastle, still with that game in hand. We also scooped all the awards - Wallace manager of the month, Carrilho player of the month and Da Silva (who hasn't overly impressed me) young player of the month. Oh, and Carrilho took goal of the month for good measure. I take back everything I said about him.

bermybhoy
08-10-2008, 11:56
Aston Villa 2-5 Ten Ton
Da Silva (3)
Carrilho (2)

Any concerns about a Euro hangover were unfounded, as we blew Villa away. With Benoit and Kucernak nearing recovery, the two fit strikers are looking over their shoulder and making a strong case for not changing anything up front.

League Cup Quarter final
Wigan 1-1 Ten Ton (6-7 pens)
Da Silva

A tight, dull game inevitably went to a shoot out. Remarkably (given the more quality of available penalty takers), only 3 were missed in total, young sub Pinheira scoring the Monkey's winner.

We will take on Championship Swindon in the Semis. Unfortunately putting out our strongest team or 120 minutes, we face a potentially tough game at home to Chelsea next.

Ten Ton 5-0 Chelsea
Carrilho (2)
French (og)
Bandito
William

Daresay there was no need to worry then. Carrilho scored in the first minute, it was 3 by the half hour, and we coasted from there. Great stuff, especially having made 3 or 4 changes from mideweek.

Champions Cup Group E
Ten Ton 1-1 CSKA Moscow
Ejiri

Our campaign ended in further disappointment. But it could have been much worse, Ejiri equalising midway through the first half for the point that sealed a Euro Cup place after Christmas. 6 points from 6 games is a poor return for a team of our quality - I'm at a loss to explain it.

Jimbokav1971
08-10-2008, 12:02
6 more goals from Carrliho, (not bad for a has been), and #3 from Bandito, (what a waste of money);).

It sucks that we have crashed out of the Champs League, (but don;t we just drop into the UEFA Cup now?)

bermybhoy
08-10-2008, 12:17
Yep, in the Euro Cup. The scouts don't rate Bandito at all (they reckon Ejiri is 'twice the player of Bandito', for example). I'll post more screenshots of him when I get to Jan to see what you think.

In mid Dec now, 3 points clear at he top, still the game in hand...face a tough one to Liverpool next.

rlipscombe
08-10-2008, 12:48
apart from the disappointment of the champions league, going great bermy. fantastic job in the league. europe could be a blessing in disguise, as maybe we could go and win the UEFA Cup?? we shall see.....

keep it up!!

Dava
08-10-2008, 13:09
Great season so far Bermy, I wouldn't worry about the Champions Legaue, it's the premiership title we are after!!

Robert_296
08-10-2008, 17:11
Carrliho seems quite good ;)

dave safc
09-10-2008, 17:29
Alright guys, unfortunately I'm going to have to forfeit my go. Some new things have cropped up and it will be impossible for me to finish a season within the next month nevermind the next week. :(

I've only played 10 games, but we are sitting in 2nd place in the league and in the UEFA Cup group stages. However I think it would be fairer if the next player uses the other save game rather than mine.

Sorry for holding up the game so much, I hope to play a part again some time in the future. :thup:

dafuge
09-10-2008, 18:28
Are either roberto922 or Ridleys ready to go?

If not I could start a season tomorrow and finish it by Sunday.

roberto922
09-10-2008, 18:37
I'm not sorry. Go for it Daf, I haven't seen you on it since I joined up

Ridleys
09-10-2008, 18:40
Go ahead dafuge, still don't have time.

dafuge
09-10-2008, 19:08
I'll get cracking on Friday evening then :thup:

bermybhoy
10-10-2008, 04:03
Softies bound to win the league before us then :(

rlipscombe
10-10-2008, 09:41
Softies bound to win the league before us then :(

keep the faith bermy!! you'll have to try and get to the end of the season before daf then!! the race is on!! :D

Jimbokav1971
10-10-2008, 11:28
daf will win the league on Sunday.

Come on the Ten Ton. we've got to beat them to it.

rlipscombe
10-10-2008, 14:00
any idea roughly yet when you might have finished your season bermy? just so i have an idea as to when i might be starting. it's not critical, just wondering...

bermybhoy
10-10-2008, 14:24
Yeah sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected. Not had a chance to play at all these last few days. I can't really promise when I'll be done, got a long weekend coming up though so if I were you, I'd be wishing some bad weather upon me so there's more chance of me getting on with it...

chopper99
10-10-2008, 15:53
*Does rain dance*

Jimbokav1971
10-10-2008, 16:19
Rain dance. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bkEvy-9yVyQ)

bermybhoy
10-10-2008, 16:27
Oh come on. Looks like it worked for Sunday (http://www.weather.bm/) :(

chopper99
10-10-2008, 16:33
You deserve some bad weather just for living in such a nice place. That forcast is better than we've had in England all summer! :p

rlipscombe
10-10-2008, 16:45
don't worry about it bermy. just wondering. i'm in no particular rush...

bermybhoy
10-10-2008, 16:55
You deserve some bad weather just for living in such a nice place. That forcast is better than we've had in England all summer! :p

It's getting chilly. Brrr.

No worries Rlipscombe.

dafuge
10-10-2008, 19:08
FC Legends - June 1st - Initial Thoughts

With a couple of weeks left before things start for next season I have a chance to have a look at the squad and think about what my main areas for improvement will be.

Squad Size - with 32 players in the first team squad, 37 in the reserves and 23 in the youth, trimming the size down will be my first job. Any youth player who looks sub standard will be released and quite a few players will soon find themselves on the transfer list.

Finances - look in a great state, player sales may bring in a bit but there will be plenty of money to spend. Currently there is 95m in the bank.

Facilities - 36000 all seater stadium, top training facilities and a state of the art youth academy, not a lot to do here.

Staff - already looks in a good state, one more coach might make it possible to max out the training stars but we'll wait and see what the board says.

Players - goalies look great, Cristescu looks class. Defenders look great, looks like the young full backs should be able to improve alongside a couple of great centre backs in Kovarik and Lauridsen. The midfield could do with a bit of work, there's plenty of good wingers but I could really do with a solid DM and a talented AMC. The Hox will lead the front line, with Law in the supporting role. The back up players look good but if a decent striker turns up I may be tempted.

dafuge
10-10-2008, 21:57
FC Legends - July

Unirea Urziceni vs Legends (Intertoto 3rd round leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/unirea.jpg)

Somehow my assistant made the grave error of not arranging any friendlies for me, which meant my team went into this one as their first game of the pre season. Even with that in mind, I wasn't expecting this. They (whoever they were) took their chances, we didn't. None of the new signings were eligible, but even the my reserves should have beaten this lot.

Legends vs Unirea Urziceni (Intertoto 3rd round leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/unirea2.jpg)

Changes were made and the boys delivered. The choice of strikers now looks interesting with the Hox failing to find the net in two games and Jose grabbing a hattrick in his first game of the season.

Transfers

There were a lot of transfers as I tried to bridge the gap to take us closer to the top four once again. There were an awful lot of free transfers out, many of which were Bosman transfers arranged during the previous season. The rest were players I had released as I had thought they were not good enough. The transfers I recieved fees for were all for unhappy players: Tafer (350k), Mascia (3.3m), Capone (8.75) and Snodin (15.25m - chairman accepted).

I decided to go all out in the transfer market in an attempt to bolster the midfield:

Jose - 3.6m (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/jose-1.jpg)

Forster - 12.5m (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/forster.jpg)

Hazell - 15m (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/hazell.jpg)

Otten - 20m (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/otten.jpg)

There should be one, possibly two more big signings before the season starts.

Robert_296
10-10-2008, 22:27
lucky there daf. Good job I kept onto Snodin, got 5 mil more than I was going to get

dafuge
10-10-2008, 22:36
I didn't really want to sell him, but he was unhappy and the chairman stepped in. Hopefully Otten will be able to take his place.

Robert_296
10-10-2008, 22:49
yeah Otten looks good. Don't you rate Kunkel?

dafuge
10-10-2008, 23:05
Kunkel was my first choice, but he was unhappy. I signed Otten to play AML/AMC but thankfully Kunkel looks set to sign a new contract so I should have some decent competition for the AML/AMC positions.

Robert_296
10-10-2008, 23:10
He was my first choice although there is much better players out there

dafuge
10-10-2008, 23:13
FC Legends - August

Trans vs Legends (UEFA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/trans1.jpg)

Made easy work of this one with the Hox regaining his form.

Chelsea vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/chelsea-2.jpg)

The new boys were in but there was little we could do to stop Chelsea. It was a shame to start the league like this but it wasn't exactly an easy game to start the season with.

Legends vs Reading (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/reading.jpg)

A really poor result, we were playing badly but looking like sneaking a win only for Reading to grab a late equaliser.

Middlesbrough vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/boro.jpg)

This was a bit more like it, although it was a bit worrying to concede 3 goals like that.

Legends vs Trans (UEFA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/trans2.jpg)

Another drubbing.

Transfers

On the way out were van Delft (1m), Dillen (1.1m) and Rodrigo and Pedro on loan to Charlton.

In came Geraldo (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/geraldo.jpg), signed by the previous manager for 10k, he's prtobably not going to make the first team but he was a bargain that should make us a bit of money. My final big money signing was Philippe Vigier (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/vigier.jpg) for 17m, who should provide a bit of competition up front.

Robert_296
10-10-2008, 23:23
The team likes to score goals for you :D

dafuge
11-10-2008, 00:28
FC Legends - September

Legends vs Bolton (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/bolton-2.jpg)

A last gasp strike from Eder saved our blushes here.

Spurs vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/spurs-2.jpg)

Quite embarrassing this one.

Legends vs Portsmouth (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/pompey-1.jpg)

A great way to bounce back from the previous result, it was nice to see new signing Vigier grab a brace although Jose has scored yet again from the bench. Is it time for the Hox to be dropped?

Legends vs Belenenses (Por) (UEFA Cup First Round Leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/belenenses.jpg)

Jose does it again, is he really the special one?

Coventry vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/coventry-2.jpg)

The Eder goal was a touch of brilliance, the Hox goal was a bundled rebound. At least we won.

Crystal Palace vs Legends (Carling Cup 4th Round) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/palace-1.jpg)

I put out a weakened team, but they were all first team squad members. The Hox came on as a sub in extra time to save the day.

Man Utd vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/manutd-1.jpg)

The Hox obviously has something about the ref's impending whistle.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-58.jpg)

Not a bad position to be in at this stage of the season, although Spurs and Arsenal look dangerous.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-60.jpg)

The Hox and Eder have been the star players so far.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 01:37
FC Legends - October

Belenenses (UEFA Cup First Round Leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/belenenses2.jpg)

Simple enough.

Legends vs Newcastle (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle-2.jpg)

A highly frustrating result as despite the Hox doing the damage, the reserve goalie seemed incapable of keeping anything out at our end.

Legends vs Fulham
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/fulham-2.jpg)
Once again Eder's crosses and Hoxha's finishing caused them problems, but our youth goalie didn't have the best of games.

Villa vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/villa-2.jpg)

Again, the third choice goalie was in and he didn't have the best of games, thankfully the Hox saved us a point.

Fenerbahce vs Legends (UEFA Cup Group Stage) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/fener.jpg)

Comnpletely against the run of play they scored a free kick which killed the game until the Hox grabbed a late equaliser.

Legends vs Leeds (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/leeds-2.jpg)

They left it late but the return of the first choice keeper made the difference.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-59.jpg)

Still hanging in there, should be an interesting season.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-61.jpg)

The Eder/Hox combination is still the highlight, I've lost count of the number of times that Eder has beaten his man to cross it in for the Hox to score.

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 08:05
FC Legends - October

Belenenses (UEFA Cup First Round Leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/belenenses2.jpg)

Simple enough.

I've played Rugby on that ground.

God it was the hardest pitch in the World. Felt like concrete.

Was also the firs time that I saw a pitch with an underground dressing room. VERY weird.

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 08:34
The early season away loss in the Intertoto really proves the importance of fitness.

Nice turnaround in the 2nd leg though:thup:.

Who is Jose? Oh now I see. A hat-trick from a full back who doesn't look great at penalties or free kicks. Were you playing him further forward? Now I see that be aslo bagged a brace against Fulham and another goal against Dirty Leeds. Have you got 2 players called Jose?

Otten looks the pick of your signings:thup:.

I've just seen your sqiad list. You do have 2 players called Jose:D.

Where are Trans from? Never heard of them.

Any chance of a screenie of Hox and Eder.

ps. Name and shame the kid GK that let in all the goals;).

dafuge
11-10-2008, 09:17
Trans (JK Narva Trans) are from Estonia, they were awful.

The Hox
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/hox.jpg)
He was the big money transfer last time I was at the club, so far he's scored 205 goals in 212 games (including sub appearances)

Eder
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/eder-1.jpg)
Another signing from my last stint, he was a free transfer. This will be his first season as a first choice winger.

Amazingly, it was my first choice 9m rated keeper who let in 7 against Spurs. :(

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 10:11
Hox doesn't look that good as a footballer, but in terms of a SC, he looks like a gift from the Gods.

Finishing. Tick.
Heading. Tick.
Pace. Tick.
Acceleration. Tick.
Jumping Tick.
Determination. Tick.
Composure. Tick.
Anticipation. Tick.
Off the ball. Tick.

I suppose if I was being picky, pen taking is the only think missing.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 10:29
It is a shame his penalty taking isn't higher, he could add quite a few to his goal tally that way.

I might give him a go on penalties anyway.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 10:38
FC Legends - November

Legends vs Villa (Carling Cup 4th Round) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/villa-3.jpg)

I went with a weakened team and it looked like they were going to win until Villa equalised late on. The big boys came on after 90 minutes and one of the subs, the left back, grabbed the winner.

Swindon vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/swindon-2.jpg)

Another late Felipe goal from a free kick saved a point against a good Swindon team.

Legends vs Hajduk (UEFA Cup Group Stage)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/hajduk.jpg)
The Hox grabbed the winner with the last kick of the ball to put us top of the group after two games. The Eder injury will only see him out for a few days.

Legends vs Derby (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/derby-2.jpg)

The club captain let the team down as the sending off changed the game, the ref didn't help by handing Derby a goal despite an offside. Dreadful result.

Sunderland vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/sunderland-2.jpg)

Substitute Vigier grabbed the winner, then got injured, then the substitute's sustitute added a third.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-60.jpg)

The Sunderland win really helped our position as we had slipped down to 9th after the Derby defeat. As we approach the half way point it looks like the aim will be Champions League qualification, UEFA Cup at worst.

UEFA Cup Group (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/uefa.jpg)

A win away at Red Star would see us qualify with a game to go.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-62.jpg)

The Hox is on fire once again.

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 11:03
Does Skipper Lovarik speak English?

dafuge
11-10-2008, 11:06
Does Skipper Lovarik speak English?

Lukas Kovarik (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/kovarik-1.jpg)

Yes, along with Czech and Slovak. He's also the Czech Republic captain.

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 11:20
Lukas Kovarik (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/kovarik-1.jpg)

Yes, along with Czech and Slovak. He's also the Czech Republic captain.

He looks quality:thup:.

I didn't realise that Slovak was a language.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 11:52
FC Legends - December

Legends vs Colchester (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/colchester-2.jpg)

A pretty comfortable victory.

Red Star vs Legends (UEFA Cup Group Stage) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/redstar.jpg)

We dominated the game but lost out to an unlikely scorer. A point from the final game will see us through but it looks like we will make it through even if we lose.

Sunderland vs Legends (Carling Cup Quarter Final) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/sunderland-3.jpg)

With Jose and The Hox both out injured, Law and Vigier had a chance to impress together. Law made the most of it bagging a hattrick and staking his place to hold his spot in the team while The Hox is out for a couple of weeks. We'll be meeting Newcastle in the semi final, the team we beat to lift the trophy in 2025.

Legends vs Getafe (UEFA Cup Group Stage) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/getafe.jpg)

Getafe had already qualified and we didn't need to win so a few players were rested for this easy victory.

Legends vs Arsenal (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/arsenal-3.jpg)

Arsenal had just suffered a 6-0 defeat to Sunderland so this was a great chance for me to catch them up in the league. The Hox delivered on his return from injury.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-61.jpg)

It looks like Spurs will run away with it but winning our two games in hand could put us into the top four.

UEFA Cup Group (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/uefa-1.jpg)

The big win against Getafe meant we topped the group, which wasn't expected. We will face Levski Sofia in the next round, with Marseille/Kobenhavn in the 2nd round should we make it.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-63.jpg)

The squad is looking good and playing well. With January approaching there will some transfer activity but I don't think anyone will be joining, I'm still looking to trim the squad down and get rid of some of the older players.

Robert_296
11-10-2008, 11:56
2 wions by a few goals each will put us 3rd :)

Jimbokav1971
11-10-2008, 12:01
Surprised that you keep the likes of Jose (FB), Rinaldi and Pacheco in the senior squad as they are likley to be too short of match fitness even if you do need to call on them.

I usually keep my senior squad down to players that are lekely to figure in the next month or so and keep fringle players in the Reserves, (with additional Reserve games scheduled to keep everyone fit). What;s your thinking behind this?

Law looks to have done well standing in for Hox. Let us have a look at him next time you are posting pics please.

Also, and chance of giving us the "general info" view of the squad next month, (just so we can see Nationalities, ages and values).

dafuge
11-10-2008, 12:11
At the moment I'm still trying to sort the squad out, so the first team squad is players I want to keep, the reserves are the ones I want to get rid of. There will be a few players leaving in January so hopefully the squad will be in better shape then.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-64.jpg)

A large range of nationalities in there, but not many English players. I just wish I had some decent youth players coming through to mix in there for the European squads.

Sean Law (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/law.jpg)

He stepped into the Hox's target man role, which usually gets a lot of goals whoever plays there. His goal record would look a lot better without his appearances in the supporting striker role which doesn't score as many.

roberto922
11-10-2008, 14:17
Not a bad start (better than I'd probably do tbh) Hopefully once you've sorted out hte squad in January we'll be able to push for the title. KUTGW :thup:

dafuge
11-10-2008, 14:27
I don't think the title is going to be realistic, Tottenham seemed to be streets ahead of the other teams this year. I'm aiming for the top four, 2nd at best.

dave safc
11-10-2008, 14:56
Good stuff dafuge. Pretty similar season to what I was having, incidentally I got thrashed off Spurs 5-1 if I remember correctly.

Also see you bought Franz Forster (wherever did you get that idea? ;) ).

I'm sure a 2nd place finish is a real possibility.

bermybhoy
11-10-2008, 14:57
Ten Ton December update

Liverpool 3-2 Ten Ton
Cook
Da Silva

We played ok in the first half, going in 2-2 at the interval. Second helf we never got going. Old boy Rosenberg came back to haunt us, scoring from what looked like 3 yards offside. Annoying the press highlighted their 2nd as possibly offside, when it wasn't, so I couldn't vent my spleen.

That leaves level on points with Newcastle, with the game in hand just coming up...

Ten Ton 3-0 Man City
Carrilho (2)
William

Good performance and an easy win to put us 3 clear at the top, in front of 19,572 fans - our record attendance with the stadium expansion complete.

Bizzarely after those two games this (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-teamoftheweek.jpg) happened...ever seen the like?

Massive game with 2nd place Newcastle next....

Ten Ton 1-4 Newcastle
Da Silva

Gutted. They were well on top and they were clinical, each of their goals a cracker. This drew them level with us, but our goal difference is 3 better off.

Ten Ton 5-1 Portsmouth
Benoit (3)
Carrilho (2)

Great performance against a team sitting 6th. Benoit didn't even start - but coming on a substitute for the injured Da Silva, he banged home a hat-trick. Newcastle lost, again putting us top on our own.

Man City 3-3 Ten Ton
Benoit (2)
Carrilho

Two great goals from Benoit rescued a point. We were behind for most of the game, and having made a lot of changes due to a tired players, we can't complain about winning a point at all.

At the start of January then, Ten Ton sit proudly atop the Premier League table (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-Leaguetable.jpg).

Squad screen (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-Squad.jpg). Our top players of late are Benoit (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-Benoit.jpg) and Carrilho (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-Carrilho.jpg).

As mentioned previously, we signed Basque younster Larruzea (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/4-Larruzea.jpg). He made a decent debut v. Man City away. Deffo one for the future, though he would walk into most Premiership sides already, I reckon.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 15:07
Good stuff dafuge. Pretty similar season to what I was having, incidentally I got thrashed off Spurs 5-1 if I remember correctly.

Also see you bought Franz Forster (wherever did you get that idea? ;) ).

I'm sure a 2nd place finish is a real possibility.

Did you also sign him? I didn't even realise :D

dafuge
11-10-2008, 15:10
Legends FC - January

Fulham vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/fulham-3.jpg)

We tried our best to lose this game but just managed to hang on.

Leicester vs Legends (FA Cup 3rd Round) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/leicester.jpg)

We made pretty easy work of Championship Leicester.

Newcastle vs Legends (Carling Cup Semi Final leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle-3.jpg)

Great result, looks like the final could be a possibility.

Legends vs Chelsea (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/chelsea-3.jpg)

In a pretty even game we were lucky to get away with a draw.

Reading vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/reading-1.jpg)

The Reading manager must have complained about the cheating human managers, they had 11 shots on goal, we had 4!

Legends vs Middlesbrough (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/boro-1.jpg)

Dull game in which not a lot happened, shame really, we should be winning games like this.

Legends vs Newcastle (Carling Cup Semi Final leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle2.jpg)

Vigier grabbed us a brace to see us through to the final again where we will meet Derby.

Legends vs Northampton (FA Cup 4th Round)

A pretty easy game, should have been a huge score but it just didn't happen. We will play either Swindon or Liverpool in the next round.

Bolton vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/bolton-3.jpg)

For a minute, I thought my inspired subs had won the game, but Bolton popped up with a last minute equaliser.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-62.jpg)

Still the same story, the games in hand could take us into the top four but a few losses and we could be stuck in 7th again.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-65.jpg)

After the final squad trimming in January it is starting to look more like a first team squad. Forster is looking like the pick of my signings, Otten has been a bit disappointing although he had a good run of games filling in for Forster in the AMC position.

Transfers (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/transfers-36.jpg)

No new players in since the squad has great strength in depth but a lot of players out. Several older and unhappy players were sold for small prices and a lot of youngsters and unwanted players were sent out on loan.

Robert_296
11-10-2008, 15:13
How is Inigo Munoz doing?

dafuge
11-10-2008, 15:17
How is Inigo Munoz doing?

He's being kept out of the team by Hazell and Cerny. The coaches don't rate him too highly and he has played pretty poorly for the reserves with an average rating of 6.57

dafuge
11-10-2008, 15:21
Here's the current first choice eleven:

GK (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/gk.jpg)
DR (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dr.jpg)
DL (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dl.jpg)
DC (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dc.jpg)
DC (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dc2.jpg)
DM (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/dm.jpg)
MR (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/mr.jpg)
ML (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/ml.jpg)
AMC (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/amc.jpg)
ST (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/st.jpg)
ST (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/st2.jpg)

Then there's some quality players like Jeffrey, Otten, Law and Vigier on the fringe of the first team.

Robert_296
11-10-2008, 15:23
oh :( Thought he was quite good

dafuge
11-10-2008, 15:25
He's League 1 standard at the moment, I tried to get him out on loan but no one was interested.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 16:37
Legends FC - February

Legends vs Man Utd (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/manutd-2.jpg)

Gutted to drop two points like that, it was a tough game but we were doing enough for the win.

Portsmouth vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/pompey-2.jpg)

Another frustrating draw.

Levski vs Legends (UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/levski.jpg)

A decent result which should put us in a good position for the second leg.

Liverpool vs Legends (FA Cup 5th round) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/liverpool-2.jpg)

Didn't really want a replay but it was good to keep our run in the domestic cups going.

Legends vs Levski (UEFA Cup 1st knockout round leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/levski2.jpg)

A great win which sees into the 2nd round where we will meet Marseille.

Legends vs Derby (Carling Cup Final) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/derby-3.jpg)

It was a tight game but we did enough to bring back the Carling Cup once again, This guarantees UEFA Cup football for next season which takes a bit of the pressure off the league should the worst happen.

Legends vs Liverpool (FA Cup 5th round replay) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/liverpool2.jpg)

Brilliant stuff. I was convinced we were out so I made a few subs, they did nothing, suddenly the Hox bangs in a couple from a corner and a free kick. We'll face Arsenal in the next round.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-63.jpg)

Still the same story, sitting in 7th with games in hand which could take us into 2nd. My fixture list seems to be dominated by cup matches, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-66.jpg)

Hox and Eder are still running the show.

Robert_296
11-10-2008, 16:44
Good work in the cups and with a few good results we'll be in the top 4

rlipscombe
11-10-2008, 16:45
still ticking along nicely bermy... touch wood still there come the end of the season...

and well done dafuge on the League Cup - as long as that's all you win!! ;)

roberto922
11-10-2008, 17:26
FWIW I meant title challenge (4th and over).

dafuge
11-10-2008, 17:53
Legends FC - March

Newcastle vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle-4.jpg)

5 league draws in a row now, it is looking like that top four position is going to be hard work.

Marseille vs Legends (UEFA Cup 2nd knockout round leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/marseille.jpg)

It was a tight game and this result wasn't exactly a disaster.

Legends vs Arsenal (FA Cup 6th round) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/arsenal-4.jpg)

It looked set to go to a replay which is the last thing I needed, then popped up Vigier in the dying seconds to grab a winner. We will be making our second trip of the year to Wembley to face Bolton in the semi final.

Legends vs Marseille (UEFA Cup 2nd knockout round leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/marseille2.jpg)

This was far more comfortable that I was expecting. The next draw looks good, Braga in the quarter final then possibly Leeds/Newcastle in the semi final.

Leeds vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/leeds-3.jpg)

Substitute Sean Law grabbed a late brace to end our run of five league draws.

Legends vs Spurs (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/spurs-3.jpg)

After the last meeting I was dreading this one but super sub Sean Law did it again.

Legends vs Swindon (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/swindon-3.jpg)

Not the most convincing of performances as we were lucky to get a win against Swindon.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-64.jpg)

Still the same story, despite all those draws.2nd place is still looking like the best case scenario.

Squad (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/squad-67.jpg)

Otten has been injured all month which was a shame since his form was picking up.

roberto922
11-10-2008, 17:59
Still doing good, as long as we get Champions League you've done brilliantly IMO and UEFA Cup wouldn't be a disaster TBH.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 18:09
Since UEFA Cup football next season is already guaranteed with the Carling Cup win, my aim is to qualify for the Champions League and have a good run in the FA and UEFA Cup. We are in the semis of the FA Cup and the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup so a cup treble is a possibility.

roberto922
11-10-2008, 18:12
Ok good luck :thup:. I'm finding yours alot more interesting because it's only got little writing after each match rather than explaining what you can get just from looking at the screenie like alot do.

Mikel LUFC
11-10-2008, 18:20
Looking good Daf
Nice to see some of the players I bought in still doing a job

dafuge
11-10-2008, 18:21
Looking good Daf
Nice to see some of the players I bought in still doing a job

Which ones were they?

Mikel LUFC
11-10-2008, 18:26
Critescu, Filepe, Lauridsen, Cerny, Jeffrey were bought in by moi

dafuge
11-10-2008, 18:30
Critescu, Filepe, Lauridsen, Cerny, Jeffrey were bought in by moi

Some great signings there, especially Critescu and Lauridsen. There's been a lot of big clubs after them.

OrientMartin
11-10-2008, 19:18
Congrats on the League Cup daf, good to see that my signing Kovarik is doing well.

What happened with Popov, he looked like a great prospect when I picked him up, and now he's at Boro?

dafuge
11-10-2008, 19:23
Congrats on the League Cup daf, good to see that my signing Kovarik is doing well.

What happened with Popov, he looked like a great prospect when I picked him up, and now he's at Boro?

He was fantastic last time I was managing the Legends, but he had turned 30 and didn't look like the same player. I decided to cash in on him and replace him with Forster.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 19:48
Legends FC - April

Derby vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/derby-4.jpg)

Derby we all out for revenge after the cup final, we were lucky to snatch a draw at the death.

Legends vs Braga (UEFA Cup Quarter Final leg 1)
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/braga.jpg)
Got outplayed and held on to the draw, the second leg should be interesting.

Legends vs Bolton (FA Cup Semi Final) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/bolton-4.jpg)

What a horrible way to lose. We were 2-1 up with minutes left, they scored to make it 2-2, we scored to make it 3-2, they scored to make it 3-3 with the last kick of the ball. They then went on to sneak it in extra time. That game earned mne a touchline ban, which means I will miss the Colchester game.

Braga vs Legends (UEFA Cup Quarter Final leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/braga2.jpg)

A great way to bounce back from the FA Cup defeat, we will be facing Newcastle in the semi final (for the second time this season).

Legends vs Colchester (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/colchester-3.jpg)

A comfortable victory.

Legends vs Coventry (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/cov.jpg)

Another easy victory, hopefully this run of home games will get us back on track.

Legends vs Norwich (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/norwich.jpg)

Another simple win which puts us in good form going into the European games.

Legends vs Newcastle (UEFA Cup Semi Final leg 1) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle-5.jpg)

An unexpected scoreline which will surely see us through to the UEFA Cup final.

Legends vs Liverpool (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/liverpool-3.jpg)

It was an even game which we didn't deserve to lose by that scoreline.

League Table (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-65.jpg)

Things are still looking close, it all depends on what happens in those games in hand.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 22:33
Legends FC - May

Newcastle vs Legends (UEFA Cup Semi Final leg 2) (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/newcastle-7.jpg)

After the first leg I rested a lot of players and held on to the big lead. The Legends are in the UEFA Cup final! We will be meeting Werder Bremen at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Legends vs Sunderland (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/sunderland-4.jpg)

This was a bit unexpected but Sunderland played very well.

Norwich vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/norwich-1.jpg)

Another poor result, will we be able to sneak 4th spot?

Liverpool vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/liverpool-4.jpg)

Tiredness was a huge factor here as I struggled to put out a fit team.

Legends vs Villa (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/villa-4.jpg)

A quite amazing win, and just what we needed against 2nd placed Villa.

Arsenal vs Legends (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/arsenal-5.jpg)

They were just too much for us in the game that ended our Champions League hopes.

League Table
(http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/league-66.jpg)
In the end the cup runs cost us our CL place, the tired squad just couldn't catch up their games in hand.

There is just one game left...

dafuge
11-10-2008, 22:36
Who sold Vlad Neagu for just 1.4m?

He just won the Premier League top scorer award with 41 goals from just 36 games.

roberto922
11-10-2008, 22:36
Unlucky Daf, still a decent finish and we're still in Europe so it's all good.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 22:44
UEFA Cup Final (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/dafuge/uefa-2.jpg)

roberto922
11-10-2008, 22:48
Gutted :( They came from behind. I'll definitely be able to start after Dave SAFC fwiw

dafuge
11-10-2008, 22:49
That was a killer, to come from behind to lead, then lose was devastating.

dafuge
11-10-2008, 23:13
Save Game File (http://dodownload.filefront.com/12038986//3d11318cabb53ccd9614c0cade496d2918c76718dce703e0f7 33198062a52de451fe2613bcc3c6c5)

There's not a lot of advice needed for the next manager, what you see is what you get.

Don't feel as if the Hox is an automatic choice, there are a few strikers who are capable of taking his place in the team. Look out for Holomek, he may not be brilliant right now but I'm pretty sure he will be one of the best right backs in the world in a few years time.

It might be worth ignoring what I did and avoiding the cup competitions, I have no doubt that we would have qualified for the Champions League had we not reached the latter stages of all three cups.

Good luck :thup:

Robert_296
11-10-2008, 23:14
Got the wrong screenshot for the second leg of the semi. Not that it matters a great deal. ul in the final though

rlipscombe
12-10-2008, 00:44
inlucky dafuge.... even if you're a softie....

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 07:09
Ten Ton January update

FA Cup 3rd Round
Ten Ton 3-2 Southampton
Carrilho (2)
Ejiri

Comfortable win, Carrilho again excelling.

League Cup Semi Final, 1st Leg
Ten Ton 1-0 Swindon
Richardson

Against Championship opposition, I took the chance to play a lot of fringe players. None overly impressed, and in truth Swindon might have grabbed a draw. Full team out in the 2nd leg to make sure of it, then.

Ten Ton 2-2 Blackburn
Benoit (2)

Poor result, against a side sitting 19th. Should have won very easily, but were let down by a late equaliser.

Southampton 1-1 Ten Ton
Benoit

More disappointment, but Newcastle continue to drop points as well, and we stay top.

Tottenham 1-1 Ten Ton
Da Silva

Spurs took the lead on the hour, and we equalised from the kick off, not much else happened. Again, dropped points against opposition we should beat.

League Cup Semi Final, 2nd Leg
Swindon v Ten Ton (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Leaguecupsemi.jpg)

Some things are better said with pictures. Crazy, crazy stuff. We're very very lucky. It prompted 2 players to complain about my team talk, and no less than three to apologise for selling goals to the opposition. But despite that, we're in the final!

FA Cup 4th Round
Ten Ton 2-0 Sheffield Utd
Carrilho
Benoit (2)

The dynamic duo strike again against fairly weak opponents, that otherwise allowed me to rest a lot of players after going for 120 minutes in midweek. A much better performance, hopefully we're back on form.

Ten Ton 4-2 Stevenage
Carrilho
Benoit (3)

Good performance again from a fringe team. Stevenage are awful, and set to go down with surely some sort of record low points - 4 so far.

That means that at month end, we're still top of the Premier League (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Leaguetable.jpg).
Ten Ton Squad (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Squadlist.jpg)

There was some transfer activity in the month, selling Raspoet (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Raspoet.jpg) for 5.75m. He was never likely to dislodge Watson on the left. In addition to Larruzea, in came extremely promising left back Segu (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Segu.jpg) for 2.8m. He obviously lacks pace, but hopefully that will improve somewhat with age. Even if not, he could be an awesome player - at any rate, the scouts (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Seguscout.jpg) thinks so.

One other possible signing is the right winger Andreu (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Andreu.jpg). While he doesn't look all that impressive, the Scouts (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Andreuscout.jpg) love him and he'd cost about 2.1m. Any thoughts?

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 08:43
Ten Ton FC - February

Ten Ton 5-1 West Brom
Ejiri (2)
Carrilho (2)
Rasmussen

Brilliant performance, with 8's almost across the board. Especially pleasing since we played 30 minutes with 10 men, Cook having been injured just after a triple substitution. Thankfully he's only out for a week.

Euro Cup 1st knockout round, 1st leg
Club Brugges 1-4 Ten Ton
Puelle
William
Da Silva
Crnomarkovic

Why couldn't we play like this in the Champions Cup? Fantastic all round performance, we really hammered them. Our great form continues and should make the 2nd leg a formality.

FA Cup 5th Round
Ten Ton 3-0 Man Utd
Benoit (3)

The Frenchman grabs yet another hat-trick, with three superb goals. He really has come of age, and is now officially our first player with Woldwide reputation. There were numerous bids for him in January, but he's happy for the time being.

Euro Cup 1st knockout round, 1st leg
Ten Ton 4-2 Club Brugges
Da Silva
Kucernak

With a comfortable first leg lead, and the League Cup final coming up, I chose to change the entire team. The result perhaps shows the strength in depth we now have. Da Silva banged home a hattrick inside the first 17 minutes, and it was game over. We now face the mighty AC Milan in the next round.

League Cup Final
Ten Ton v Portsmouth - see below

Ten Ton 1-0 Everton
Ejiri

We played fully 87 minutes against 10 men, after an early red card. Everton just held possession in midfield - didn't have a single shot - and although we pounded them whenever we won the ball back, it took a trademark long range effort from Ejiri to win it.

At the end of February, we remain top of the Premier League (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Leaguetable.jpg)
Ten Ton squad (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Squad.jpg)

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 08:49
League Cup Final

For Ten Ton this is a momentous occassion, the first major cup final we've appeared in. As you can see from this big match preview (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Leaguecupfinalpreview2.jpg), and this one (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Leaguecupfinalpreview.jpg), it won't be easy - Portsmouth have been heavily involved in the transfer market and are going well in the league. That said, so are we. This should be a cracker....

We got off to a flying start, the magician Benoit chipping home from the edge of the box on 12 minutes. After 26, John Cook came up for a corner and got his head to it, doubling our advantge. Just 6 minutes later, Al-Shahanri, a quite brilliant striker I'd been looking at previously, was given space to run through and reduce the deficit for Portmouth. Then just 2 minutes later, from another corner, Portsmouth grabbed an equaliser through Fernandez. Half time

Just after half time, Fernandez got his head on the end of another cross - meaning they'd come from 2-0 down to 3 up. But with Benoit around, that was hardly the end of the matter, and he strode through the middle to equalise. 3-3, and there were no more goals in the final half hour - extra time.

For extra time I took off the ineffective Da Silva, bringing on Carrilho. Shortly after Cook went off injured again (turns out he's out for 2-3 months, missing most of the run in). By half time in extra time, we switched things to an atacking formation - my thinking being we had more chance of grabbing one from open play than winning on penaties...and with just a minute left Carrilho should have sealed it, but somehow missed from about 6 yards...penalties it is.

I was never confident about this, as our penalty takers look awful...here's how it went
League cup final overview (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Leaguecupfinalfulltimeoverview.jpg)
League cup final player ratings (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/6Leaguecupfinalfulltimeratings.jpg)

There was no need to worry. We scored all 3, but keeper Gordillo was the real hero, saving all three, to secure the Monkeys our first ever League Cup!

Jimbokav1971
12-10-2008, 09:07
dafuge. Congratulations on the billiant Cup runs but commiserations on the 2 final defeats. I agree that Cup success cost you leage points along the way. Looking at your squad list, the thing that surprised me was the high ratings of the DC and the DL. Very impressive.

Bermy. Looking good all over. League form looks good and no matter how many SC's we lose we always seem to have another waiting in the wings. Benoit, Carrilho, da Silva, Kucernak and Richardson have really done the business this season, (did I mention that I signed 4 out of the 5):p.

If we win the league then I would hope that we won't lose players like usual during the close season. There is no guarantee with this though so are we looking at any replacements? I would hate to lose Benoit, Carrilho and da Silva all at once and leave the next guy in trouble.

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 09:31
Good season Daf unlucky with the Uefa cup final but it happens unfortunately
Who's next for the Softies?

rlipscombe
12-10-2008, 11:02
contgats bermy - somewhat apt that you should win our first major cup. fingers crossed for the league too - still going well.

as for losing stars, hopefully they will all stay. if i have to find replacements i back myself to find them, but it'd be nice not to have to!! what sort of length of contracts have they all got??

dafuge
12-10-2008, 11:38
Good season Daf unlucky with the Uefa cup final but it happens unfortunately
Who's next for the Softies?

You are up next since the others aren't able to do a season any time soon.

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 12:42
ok but it may take a while for me to do a season as well

Dava
12-10-2008, 12:44
Fantastic season Bermy, well done on the league cup and top of the league!!

Hopefully your cup runs won't effect the team too much and we can continue the title challenge.

Unlucky on the Cook injury but Meijer is really good back-up, he was brought in by a previous manager with a '' nickname but he had developed into a quality defender by the time I was in charge.

Keep it up mate.

roberto922
12-10-2008, 13:37
If my laptop arrives (I sound like a broken record now :o) in the next two or three days I can do it but I'd prefer to do it after Mikel tbh.

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 14:49
Daf, why did you sell all those players on a free? they weren't bad at all you could have got shed loads for them combined yet you sold them all for free.
Could you explain why because at the minute I'm at a loss.

dafuge
12-10-2008, 15:04
Daf, why did you sell all those players on a free? they weren't bad at all you could have got shed loads for them combined yet you sold them all for free.
Could you explain why because at the minute I'm at a loss.

Which players?

When I took over the squad was enormous and there were a lot of unhappy players in the reserves. I transfer listed them all but there were quite a few who I just couldn't sell. When some of them started complaining and missing training I just had to get rid of them, I thought it was bad news having players with 'dislikes you and finds you hard to work with' in the reserves.

Actually, looking at it now I'm guessing you mean the players who left on 1.7.28. They were all players who had moved on Bosmans after their contracts were not renewed during the previous season, I had nothing to do with them.

Santos, Hardy, Moreira and Bora were the unhappy players I released, the rest were mostly youth team players.

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 16:09
I'm on about players like O'Hanlon and Kysela and about 10 others who are now worth at least a couple of million and who I had high hopes for.

dafuge
12-10-2008, 16:17
I'm on about players like O'Hanlon and Kysela and about 10 others who are now worth at least a couple of million and who I had high hopes for.

Those were the ones who left on Bosmans arranged in the previous season. I was gutted when I found out, I had already chosen Kysela as my first choice right back.

Robert_296
12-10-2008, 16:31
Kysela wouldn't sign and I musn't have thought O'Hanlon was good enough to be re signed.

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 17:29
Ten Ton March update

West Ham 3-1 Ten Ton
Benoit

Cedric Sanchez was dismissed after just 5 minutes, and it killed our chances. Benoit gave us a lead, but there was no way to hold out, bringing our unbeaten run to an end.

Euro Cup 2nd knockout round - 1st leg
Milan 3-3 Ten Ton
Puelle (2)
Meijer

Great game this. Milan were two up inside 6 minutes, so this was a good comeback. Usually the goals all came from the centre backs, including a cracking free kick from Puelle late on to equalise.

FA Cup 6th Round
Liverpool 3-1 Ten Ton
Carrilho

No arguments here, they were far superior. However, it might have all been different, having had a goal chalked off when he was goal side of about 4 defenders the whole time. I complained and the FA 'were silent'. Grrrr.

Euro Cup 2nd knockout round - 2nd leg
Ten Ton 1-1 Milan
Benoit

Mian took an early lead, but Benoit pulled it back. We played out the second half in controlled style, to make it through on away goals.

Ten Ton 1-2 Stoke
Carrilho

Unbelievable. We pounded them the whole game, they had a man sent off just before half time, yet it was 1-1 when they scored with literally the last kick of the ball as we threw everyone forward. Incidentally, we had another 'phantom' offside goal, and again the FA supported my criticism. It's a conspiracy.

Fulham 0-1 Ten Ton
Carrilho

Gritty win this, not a great game but needed this to hopefully get us back on track.

Wolves 1-2 Ten Ton
Carrilho (2)

Carrilho again on top form. We conceded a very late goal when I was hoping we might keep a second clean sheet on the trot for the first time in possibly years.

League table (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/7leaguetable.jpg) It really is tight at the top. 6 clubs could feasibly win it.

Ten Ton Squad (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/7squad.jpg)

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 18:41
Ten Ton April update

Ten Ton 6-0 Aston Villa
Carrilho (2)
Benoit (3)
Richardson

Magnificent performance. Carrilho and Benoit again do the job, with youngster Richardson coming off the bench to grab one.

This result got Villa's manager sacked, and Wallace, inevitably, linked with the job.

Euro Cup Quarter final 1st Leg
Sporting Lisbon 1-1 Ten Ton
Benoit

A very even game, where we grabbed a vital away goal late on. The 2nd leg will be a nervy affair.

Ten Ton 3-0 Wigan
Benoit
Burg (pen)
Kucernak (pen)

Pretty straightforward stuff. Consistency is exactly what we need to take the title though, with it so tight at the top, and Portsmouth still on great form.

Euro Cup Quarter final 2nd Leg
Ten Ton 4-1 Sporting Lisbon
William
Carrilho (3)

Great performance from Carrilho, reminding us of his quality after Benoit grabbed all the recent headlines. Much easier game than expected, and brilliantly sets us up with a semi final against another team in green and white hoops - Celtic.

Arsenal 0-1 Ten Ton
Meijer

Arsenal, 3rd in the table, had us under the cosh for almost 90 minutes. Meijer headed home from a free kick on one of our rare forays upfield. He was later sent off, but we held on, keepng our noses in front at the top and turning it into a two horse race with Portsmouth.

Crystal Palace 1-2 Ten Ton
Ejiri
Da Silva

Two first half goals saw us safely to the 3 points. Benoit's form has dipped and he was rested for this one - hopefully he'll come back stronger. Again, it hardly mattered, with his replacement Da Silva scoring.

So, mid April, with just 3 games left, we're still only just ahead at the top. We face Chelsea (a), Liverpool (h), and Newcastle (a). Portsmouth have Fulham (h), Everton (a) and West Ham (h) - a far easier run in, and no Euro distractions. This will be tough. League table (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/8leaguetable.jpg)
League progress graph (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/8leagueprogress.jpg)
Ten Ton squad (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/8squad.jpg)

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 18:50
Those were the ones who left on Bosmans arranged in the previous season. I was gutted when I found out, I had already chosen Kysela as my first choice right back.
Oh in that case I apologize for having a go. I'm just not happy that talent (mainly brought in by me) has been let go on frees.

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 19:20
Ten Ton update

Euro Cup Semi final 1st Leg
Celtic 1-2 Ten Ton
Ejiri
William

Very professional performance, putting one foot in the final. William scored a quite fantastic free kick from 30 yeards to seal the win. Everton beat Red Star 3-2 in the other semi.

Chelsea 3-4 Ten Ton
Ejiri (2)
Meijer
Benoit

Ejiri was outstanding as we dominated a weak Chelsea side, and should have won by more. We lost both Puelle and his replacement Larruzea to injury (for a week each) leaving us with 3 centre backs on the treatment table - hopefully this won't cost us.

After winning every league in April, Wallace yet again scooped manager of the month.

Euro Cup Semi final 2nd Leg
Ten Ton 2-2 Celtic
Benoit (2)

This was never going to be a formality, but what a difficult 90 minutes it was. Celtic took an early lead, which Benoit equalised before half time. Early in the 2nd half Celtic again went in front, levelling things overall.

Then their centre back McKeown did us a massive favour, getting himself sent off with an hour on the clock. Benoit did what he does and banged home from the edge of the box to make it 2-2 and putting the Monkeys in front. However another goal for Celtic would knock us out and they nearly snatched it - hitting the bar with almost the last kick of the game.

In the other game, Red Star beat Everton 2-1 to make it to the final on away goals, pleasingly meaning we avoid an all-English final.

bermybhoy
12-10-2008, 19:38
Ten Ton Title run-in

Match 37:
Fixtures (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/9fixtures.jpg)
League table (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/9leaguetable.jpg)

Difficult games for both sides here. Liverpool are just back from a 3-0 smashing in Valencia to crash out of the Big Cup, so hopefully their heads are down.

Here's how it went....
Ten Ton v Liverpool (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/9tentonliverpool.jpg)
Everton v Portsmouth (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/9evertonportsmouth.jpg)

Poor, poor stuff from the Monkeys. Everton however, have done us a massive favour with that late equaliser. A win aginst Newcastle will now secure us the title...

Mikel LUFC
12-10-2008, 20:59
Mini Legends Transfer Update

There's been some activity out of the Fisher stadium this past week with 2 players leaving the club and another expected to leave in the near future.

Outs so far:
Stepanek - 5 mill + 50% next sale
Roome - 8.25 mill + 45% next sale

Expected outs:
Holomek - Either 10 mill (Newcastle) or 7.5mill + 50% next sale (Juve)

Sorry Daf Holomek was unhappy because I rejected a Spurs bid then Newcatle tabled the 10 mill bid and chairman accepted so I offered him out for 7.5 + 50% and Juve were the only team that matched that.

I haven't signed any replacements yet mainly due to the fact that the game is currently playing up. When I click on the first team not all the players show up. For example at the minute only the four young Brazillians are showing up. (Eder,Pedro,Felipe,Rodrigo) and I've not got any filters or anything. Plus it says the game can't be saved when I try to do so but it actually does. Any Ideas what is happening?

canvey!!
12-10-2008, 22:13
Poor, poor Stevenage. Good season, bermy. Hpefully you can nab the title and the UEFA Cup (not to jinx it, of course ;))

GazTheDoood
12-10-2008, 22:16
Great season Bermy.
That young spaniard looks fantastic.

The Title would be awesome, its all in your hands, no pressure...

bermybhoy
13-10-2008, 03:46
Ten Ton Title run-in

Match 38
Ten Ton travel to Newcastle, while Portsmouth take on 8th placed West Ham at home.

At half time (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/10newcastletentonHT.jpg), things didn't look too good. With Portsmouth also in front (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/10HTscores.jpg), we need a win, so it's caution to the wind in the second half.

Final scores:
Newcastle v Ten Ton (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/10Newcaslefinal.jpg)
Portsmouth v West Ham (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/10portsmouthwestham.jpg)

Not much to say about that. In the end, it just wasn't to be. West Ham nearly got us out of jail, but really, losing our last 2 games is inexcusable. So near. :(

Final Premier League Table (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/10leaguetable.jpg)

bermybhoy
13-10-2008, 04:26
Ten Ton - Euro Cup Final

After the disappointment of the league, we need to pick ourselves up for the big game in Istanbul against Red Star. Here's how the teams line up (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup1lineups.jpg) for the game. The experts reckon this one will end in a draw (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup2predictions.jpg)...

After just 4 minutes, Ejiri drew the centre half before playing it behind him for Benoit to race onto. With just the keeper to beat, he rarely misses chances like that. 1-0 Ten Ton. In the 29th minute, it couldn't be easier as Puelle rose at the near post to nod a Sanchez corner into the net: 2-0 Ten Ton. Shortly after Puelle turned sinner, with a poor defensive header that dropped nicely for Red Star's Mitrovic to pull one back: 2-1 Ten Ton. Then, just before half time, from a corner Cazic was left with too much space and slotted home to peg us back: half time from Istanbul (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup3hslftime.jpg).

Mid way through the second half, Ejiri fed the right back Burg, who played a decent cross that was missed by Red Star's central defence and fell to Da Silva, who couldn't miss: 3-2 to Ten Ton. More drama with only 8 minutes left: Samardzic chops down Da Silva as he runs though on goal, it earns the defender a red card and forces Da Silva off injured. Kucernak comes on. One up against 10 men....surely this is Ten Ton's?

And that was it! No way back for Red Star...Ten Ton get their hands on the Euro Cup!
Euro Cup Final result (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup5overview.jpg)
Match stats (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup4matchstats.jpg)
Player ratings (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/11eurocup6playerratings.jpg)

bermybhoy
13-10-2008, 05:14
Ten Ton - end of season

What a great season, that was just a point from being even better. Obviously, we have a very good team, and the previous few guys deserve a lot of credit for the players they've brought in. Many are just coming into their peak and will get better; whether we can keep them all is a different story. William and Watson have both attracted bids that have unsettled them, but we can only hope that the further reputation boost from winning the two cups this season will help keep them all happy.

Squad summary (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/12squadsummary.jpg)

My first choice XI is:
GK: Gordillo (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/121Gordillo.jpg) or McCombe (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/122McCombe.jpg) - Gordillo looks better on paper, but McCombe seems to concede less...tough one
RB: Burg (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/123Burg.jpg)
LB: Pennarubia (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/124Penarrubia.jpg)
CB: Cook (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/125Cook.jpg)
CB: Puelle (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/126Puelle.jpg)
RM: William (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/127William.jpg)
LM: Watson (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/128Watson.jpg)
DM: Sanchez (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/129Sanchez.jpg)
AM: Ejiri (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/1210Ejiri.jpg)
CF: Benoit (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/1211Benoit.jpg) - our only 'Worldwide' rep player - sheer class. His value has more than doubled this season.
CF: Carrilho (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/1212Carrilho.jpg) or Da Silva (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/1213DaSilva.jpg)

Of those, we can probably improve in central defence (although the young Spaniard will improve) and up front, Carrilho is at an age where if we don't sell him soon, it's unlikely we'll get much cash for him. If he stays fit and keeps producing the goods though, it's maybe better to have the player than 15 - 20m more in the bank, unless there's someone younger and better willing to sign...

The club info (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/1214Clubinfo.jpg) screen shows we're in a decent state. I have already requested improved training and youth facilities, so don't go annoying the board by asking again. If anyone's curious, Wallace profile now looks like this (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/12wallaceprofile.jpg).

I have arranged a few free transfer signings, none of whom are too exciting, just youngsters with a bit of potential. I've also agreed to spend 2.7m on this guy, Smith (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/12smith.jpg) - I think it might be a bargain in the long run, even though he'll likely just be back up at first. Got to presume from the nickname that Jimbo spotted him previously.

That's about it. If we can keep this squad together, and spend a bit of our cash wisely on some top quality, international class players, there's every chance we can win the title next season. Good luck Rlip.

Ten Ton save game file (http://files.filefront.com/Ten+Ton2+May+29+2029fm/;12050750;/fileinfo.html)

bermybhoy
13-10-2008, 05:48
contgats bermy - somewhat apt that you should win our first major cup. fingers crossed for the league too - still going well.

as for losing stars, hopefully they will all stay. if i have to find replacements i back myself to find them, but it'd be nice not to have to!! what sort of length of contracts have they all got??

They're all on long contracts. I just renewed Sanchez, now on 60k a week but worth it. A few others also signed contracts during the season. The guy Rlip has been in our reserves and is about to come out of contract - probably no point keeping him.

A few of the backroom staff are out of contract - I haven't renewed in case you want to look for others, but to be honest you might struggle to improve on them much anyway.

Poor, poor Stevenage. Good season, bermy. Hpefully you can nab the title and the UEFA Cup (not to jinx it, of course ;))

Cheers - one out of two ain't bad. Still annoyed, we should have wrapped up that title for sure, Pomey were also determined to throw it away.

Dafuge - just read through your season - very decent, unlucky on the league finish and Euro Cup.

Remains tight for this elusive first title. Mon the Monkeys

Jimbokav1971
13-10-2008, 09:11
Bermy. Well done on a brilliant season:thup:.

It seems that both you and dafuge suffered from league losses as a result of playing so many Cup games. I woudl gladly swapped our League Cup win for the Premiership title, but I don't think that I would have swapped the UEFA Cup win fior anything. It is unlikely that we will ever play in that competition again so we will not get another chance to win it. Well done.

One thing I was quite surprised about was your selection of Harm Meijer at DC after Cook got injured. When I signed him I stick a "" on the end of his nickname to indicate that I had really just signed him as an invstment to be sold on for a profit at a later date. I never thought for a minute that he would feature in the 1st team. Delighted to have been proved wrong. He even chipped in with a few goals.

"Butcher" Smith was given the nickname because I liked the look of him and he was labelled as the next Terry Butcher. (For some of the youngsters in here, Scotlands current Ass Man was an England legend in years gone by and was the lynchpin of Bobby Robsons Ipswich side that won the UEFA Cup and so nearly won the League title. He is perhaps most famously remembered for a World Cup qualifier (against someone), where he was covered with banadages and blood and still performed heroics.)

I see that David "The Beast" Siegl stuck it to us from Portsmouth. It's not a coincidence at all that Portsmouth have done well since securing his services from Chelsea. How much did he move for and is there any chance of s getting him? I'm not suggesting that he replace Benoit or Carrilho, but it appears that we play at our best when one of these 2 play with a bigger man like Kucernak (or "The Beast"). Perhaps whoever is up now might want to have a look at this.

Well done Bermy:thup:. Great season, (despite the narrow loss of the league title):(.

rlipscombe
13-10-2008, 09:39
so, so unlucky bermy, but the title continues to be a dream still.... :( still, the UEFA Cup win is a big achievement that nearly makes up for it....

looks like it's up to me to win the league..... ;)

looking at the squad on paper, it looks like there isn't much improvement needed really. i agree we could do with another CB if the right player is available, and depending on what is around, i might replace the unhappy William if i can get good money and a good replacement. i might also look for a top-quality AMC as Ejiri doesn't look world-class on paper. again, it all depends on what money i get and what my priorities are.

as for Carrilho, i agree with you bermy. if i can get 20m for him i might be tempted to sell. that is of course dependant on whether i can get a good replacement.

looking forward to making a start tonight, although tonight might just be spent assessing the squad. we've made great strides since my last campaign so i need to find my feet again.

Jimbokav1971
13-10-2008, 11:10
Cool rlip, didn't realise it was you next up.

As for Carrilho, I'm not really sure what the best course of action is. If we are to compete in Europe and also not lose out in the league, then we need more strength in depth.

This season, even with 4 senior SC's (and Richardson as a back-up), then at times we were short and had to play players who were short of form/fitness. In some games we seemed to struggle against weaker opposition when Kucernak wasn't in the squad. I doubt that money will be much of an issue this season and I would say that we should be looking to actually increase the number of senior SC's from 5 to 6, (if we include the developing Richardson in the 5).

If you sell him then I won't complain, but I would likeyou to have someone with at least that sort of potential already on the way in if that is the case. We are likely to have 1 SC injured most of the time, another 1 out of form and that leaves 4 to rotate between games that are likely to come thick and fast if we progress in all the Cups as expected.

Obviously we don't get to see the players on the fringe of the squad so there might be some talent waiting in the wings.

You are the 4th manager since my season though and I haven't seen a decent young SC signed during that time. Just because we have an abundance of riches currently shouldn't mean that we don't constantly look to sign youngsters who might go on to be the next big thing.

rlipscombe
13-10-2008, 13:10
Jimbo, i agree. i have always been a manager that likes to have lots of strikers in his squad (sometimes too many) and so we certainly won't be short. Carrilho will only go if it's in the best interests of the club. squad rotation will be an issue so i will look to ensure that we are properly covered in all areas. i also like to sign players with potential, so i will be looking at this as well. i hope you be able to satisfy your desire for a young SC :D

looking forward to starting, although won't get too much done in the next couple of days. will mainly be squad analysis and player scouting. i will also look to improve the quality of my reports, something that wasn't great last time. i aim to take bermy's updates as a template to work from.

bermybhoy
13-10-2008, 14:19
In terms of fringe players, there's not an awful lot there. Richardson might improve, but is 2-3 years away from beig nearly a good as our other strikers. There's a Brazilian right winger in there Pinheiro, that I gave a few games to and is developing nicely. Bandito would be the other youngster, but I'm not convinced by him.

I would love to have signed some promising strikers, the scouts just didn't come up with any. There's a kid at Southampton who's highly rated you could look at, but I wasn't sure it was worth splurging another 7-8m on raw and unpredictable potential. Richardson shows how they stagnate if they're not constantly actively being developed.

In terms of ready made strikers - check Portsmouth. 'The Beast' just moved in January so wouldn't be available, but they also have an African striker who looks the business. There's also a guy Orr, playing for Wolves I think, who's likely to move and scored a barrowload last season. They might not be better than we have though. Personally I'd be reluctant to have more than 4 top strikers. Even last year with injuries, Kucernak remained completely on the fringes. He didn't complain at all, but keeping 5 happy would be near impossible, I think. Plus, those that didn't play would see their value drop away. That's what's great about this - we all have completely conflicting opinions!

Edit: Don't underestimate Ejiri - he was very consistent and chipped in with a lot of goals. Every one of those was from open play, and therefore a great return for a midfielder. Look at his tackling stats, too - he can mix it a bit. I think you'd be going some to find someone better, although a younger understudy might be nice.

Jimbokav1971
13-10-2008, 14:37
I do sort of agree with you Bermy.

There is no point having players at the club who will not feature, but I hope we might now me at a level where we can loan good players to other good teams and still see them progress. A lot of it depends on hidden stats. If you have a player like Kucernak, (who seems to be happy on the fringes) then great, or a player like Carrilho, (who seems loayal and unambitious), then these players might be more willing than others to play less often than maybe the likes of Benoit. As for da Silva, I haven't really heard enough of him to have an opinion on his "character".

In terms of players being left "on the fringes" I think there will be plenty enough games for 4, 5 & even 6 strikers to be kept happy, (as long as they have the right character). In my experince fitness in FM08 is key and there is significant difference in even an 8% diff in fitness rating. I am having significant success with subbing SC's at half time at the moment, but also with resting players who are on or below 93% fitness on match days. With thge number of games being played this season, (I hope), I think there is scope for some Raffaesque rotation;).

rlipscombe
13-10-2008, 15:08
i'll have a look out for those strikers bermy. as for Ejiri, i'll certainly give him a go. i may well be underestimating him. he'll get his chance.

sirdez24
13-10-2008, 15:30
What happens when you get a manager who wants to use a lone striker though?

Jimbokav1971
13-10-2008, 15:42
What happens when you get a manager who wants to use a lone striker though?

I like to use a lone, SC but if I inherited this squad, there is no way I would play with 1 up front. Possibly 3 in some games, but never 1;).

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 15:58
Can anyone help me with my problem? (bottom of my last update)

Jimbokav1971
13-10-2008, 16:03
Can anyone help me with my problem? (bottom of my last update)

Is it possible that the others are on holiday as it's still pre-season and the Brazilians aren't because they have been or are about to be involved in an International squad?

As for not being able to save, haven't got a clue. Sorry.

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 16:07
The saving it's the first ema squad screen.

I click on manager then Fisher and not all of my players show up. For example atm only the four young Brazillians are showing up and at other points only the players with a 'wnt' icon next to them.
I'll post a link in a sec to show you what I mean.

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 16:13
no worries sorted it now

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 17:29
Poor old save game is falling apart atm. All the best XI's are blank the transfer history has gone from the season before last to all the way at the beginning and everyone's history says they've played for Algeria for 2000 seasons!! then gone to Wellington Pheonix on a free and the to their current club but only for this season. Anyway shall crack on with pre-season and hope to have an update either today or tomorrow.

dafuge
13-10-2008, 17:35
Expected outs:
Holomek - Either 10 mill (Newcastle) or 7.5mill + 50% next sale (Juve)

Sorry Daf Holomek was unhappy because I rejected a Spurs bid then Newcatle tabled the 10 mill bid and chairman accepted so I offered him out for 7.5 + 50% and Juve were the only team that matched that.

That's a real shame, I'm convinced he will go on to become a world class full back.

dafuge
13-10-2008, 17:37
Poor old save game is falling apart atm. All the best XI's are blank the transfer history has gone from the season before last to all the way at the beginning and everyone's history says they've played for Algeria for 2000 seasons!! then gone to Wellington Pheonix on a free and the to their current club but only for this season. Anyway shall crack on with pre-season and hope to have an update either today or tomorrow.

That sounds like some anti virus or system cleaning software has interfered with the game. You might be better off starting again as that damage will not fix itself.

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 18:09
I really don't want to start it again as it will take ages to do what I've done again. Plus it's not really afecting the game. (squad thing was my error)

Also Pompey have made a 30 mill bid for Eder and it's a tough decision. he was immense last season but 30 mill is a lot of cash. Any thoughts?

dafuge
13-10-2008, 18:34
I'm pretty biased since I signed him as a youngster. Does the club really need the money? Will the club be able to replace him in a few years time when he is fully developed?

Mikel LUFC
13-10-2008, 18:59
I think I will reject as we don't really need the money.
Just about to buy Ericsson from Sunderland for RB but he can also cover LB and CB. 12.5mill may be a little steep but he's a vey good player.

NepentheZ
14-10-2008, 01:14
Great season Bermy :thup:

We won the Euro Cup. \o/ \o/ \o/ - Thats amazing. 2nd place for the second season running, how long until we're Champs :)

This thread moves so quickly, its hard to keep up at times - but to everyone putting the effort in, thanks a lot. The small amount of time I take to read some of the posts on here really makes the thread seem worthwhile, and makes me happy to have taken the time to catch up a little on whats happening.!!

Jimbokav1971
14-10-2008, 09:34
Mikel. If you don't start again then the history will be lost forever. I know you have put in a lot of work, but I know I wouldn't be interested in playing another season under those conditions if it happened to the Northern Monkeys. History & best eleven is such an important part of the game to me.

Maybe you should gauge Softies opinion before you decide fully.

rlipscombe
14-10-2008, 10:58
Ten Ton FC - (Very) Initial Impressions

as a result of a power cut last night... (:mad:) i wasn't able to do too much on the save. I managed to get in about 40 mins and here are my initial impressions:

The first team squad is very strong in general. We seem to have two good players in most positions. the weakest area seems to be CB, which has already been identified. i will be looking to improve in this area. I may look to sign an 'established' player in this area, as well as future stars in order to bolster the first team squad. potential signings have already been identified, but i will need more money.
The 'Carrilho Situation'. Looking at the squad, i may well sell if we receive the right offer. HOWEVER i will only do so if i have a ready made replacement in place. On bermy's recommendation, i am looking at Orr at Wolves, who looks a great player. i have also found a Korean at Atalanta who looks pretty good, whilst also may improve commercial income.
Bandito - Jimbo will be pleased to know that i like the look of him, and he may well play an important part in my plans next season. i feel a good run of games may aid his development, and will be used in 'less glamourous games.'
i feel that the squad is maybe lacking a little in terms of back-up. The reserves and youth teams are pretty thin on the ground in terms of ability, so i may look to 'pad' out the squad a bit. obviously this will only be with the right players, and will more than likely be with talented youngsters as opposed to 'journeymen'.
one other piece of news is that Cook is getting itchy feet and is considering his future. i ignored his comment, and will continue to do so for now. We are getting interest and offers on a number of players and these are all being rebuffed for now.

Jimbokav1971
14-10-2008, 11:46
Cheers rlip:thup:.

Thanks for the info on Bandito. Any chance we can have an up to date pic of him when you get a chance.

Also, (as always), I'm keen to see the best youth prospect that was promoted from the acadamy this season.

Lastly, what is happening to "Rlip"? Are yo off-loading him or will he be playing in stuff like the League Cup this season. He never looked that good, but performed better vthan others who looked far better for me.

rlipscombe
14-10-2008, 14:45
Cheers rlip:thup:.

Thanks for the info on Bandito. Any chance we can have an up to date pic of him when you get a chance.

Also, (as always), I'm keen to see the best youth prospect that was promoted from the acadamy this season.

Lastly, what is happening to "Rlip"? Are yo off-loading him or will he be playing in stuff like the League Cup this season. He never looked that good, but performed better vthan others who looked far better for me.

i'll do the screenshot when i get chance. i will probably be able to do it tonight but am out for most of night. might sneak an hours play. he is lacking in a few areas, but has got the skills. 4 caps for Mexico too.

When i get round to the new season generation, i will post the most promising youngster. might be a couple of days though.

As for Rlip, i will almost certainly release him i think. i will have a look to see what need we have for him, and what contract he'd want, but he may well be shown the door. he was signed when we were in League One, and the club has moved on so much since then. we shall see. it'll be an emotional decision... ;)

Mikel LUFC
14-10-2008, 15:28
What should I do? Start again due to history and such errors or continue?
Any Opinion wlecome

roberto922
14-10-2008, 16:20
Start again or you'll be doing an MK Dons.

OrientMartin
14-10-2008, 17:27
I'd start the season again, how far are you up to?

dafuge
14-10-2008, 17:38
I think starting the season again would be the best option, it would be too much of a shame to lose all our glorious history.

bermybhoy
14-10-2008, 17:41
Agree with what everyone else says, apart from that 'glorious' bit. To me the game loses a lot without it, especially if you can't see where a player's been in his career if you're thinking of signing him.

Jimbokav1971
15-10-2008, 07:37
Start again Mikel. Sorry.

rlipscombe
15-10-2008, 10:32
News from Ten Ton FC.......

Stadium Expansion - they are adding another 3900 seats to the ground. \o/ work should take three months to complete.....
training and youth facilities are also being improved.
We have moved up 71 places in the European club rankings to 44th. Ten Ton were the highest climber over the last season. :cool:
Also, as promised Jimbo - Bandito (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banditodf7.jpg). lacking in physical abilities, but not bad apart from that... might have to try and work on his physical abilities over pre-season to see if we can improve him there. but apart from that, looking pretty promising in my eyes.

on the transfer front, we're getting alot of offers for Langlois, Penarrubia, Gordillo and Rafael Martins. All are being rejected at present.

Jimbokav1971
15-10-2008, 12:24
Also, as promised Jimbo - Bandito (http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=banditodf7.jpg). lacking in physical abilities, but not bad apart from that... might have to try and work on his physical abilities over pre-season to see if we can improve him there. but apart from that, looking pretty promising in my eyes.

I think he looks great too, (althought physical ability is a little lacking).

All 15 or above.
Finishing
First Touch
Long Shots
Passing
Technique
Flair
Positioning
Workrate
Teamwork

Although the physical stats are a little poor, at least the poorest ones are the least important. I love him;).

rlipscombe
15-10-2008, 14:18
he loves you too Jimbo ;) i'll try and work on his physical stats to see if we can make him even better.....

Mikel LUFC
15-10-2008, 15:57
I started again and same thing happened :( It must be my computer. I therefore have to forfeit this go and maybe all involvement in the 08 experiment :(
Sorry Guys.

Jimbokav1971
16-10-2008, 10:45
That's not good Mikel.

Maybe the problem is from before your save.

Get another of the Softies to upload the save and see if it happens to them.

If it happens then, then the answer might be to go back and use an older save an re-do the end of last season.

Otherwise I think this could be the end of the Softies:(.

rlipscombe
16-10-2008, 10:54
Ten Ton FC - Another pre-season update......

time for more news from the Solihull Moors stadium...

Benoit was named fan's player of the year. won't come as much of a shock i'm sure. am currently fighting of bids of around 35m from Barcelona for him.
The signing of 'Butcher' Smith by bermy hasn't gone down overly well with the fans, as they fell he may upset the harmony. The board are also reporting him as the disappointing bit of the last month. Hopefully he can turn them around.
We have received 50% sell on fees for the following players - Cairns (500k), Luca Rocco (525k), Melo (250k) and finally Ikonen (6.25m). All of these have boosted the transfer budget up towards 34million for this season.
Paul Wallace has turned down job offers from Everton, Manchester City and Arsenal in the last week. The board are delighted with our continuing commitment to the Monkeys....
Onto transfer news. I am in the final stages of signing the following two players:

Keita (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=keitagh7.jpg) - AMC. Looks like a promising players, with all of the reight attributes for an attacking midfielder. will cost 8.5m
Galeano (http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=galeanodq4.jpg) - CB. Young Argentinian centre back with potential to be as good as Cook. Looks pretty good in my eyes for a 22 year-old. will cost 7.5m

your comments are welcome. proving pretty difficult to sign players for less than 15-20 million, and am reluctant to pay that unless a top quality player. still fending off bids, particularly for Penarrubia who is unhappy i rejected a bid from Barcelona for him. i am also considering bringing back Billy Palmer, our ex-striker, from Rangers although they are reluctant to do business. I was told to pay 19 million for Orr at Wolves, which is too much unless i sell another striker.

As requested by Jimbo, here is our best youth prospect (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marshallyouthprospectad0.jpg) for this season, as per our ass man. his coach report (http://img357.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marshallreportdl3.jpg) has him down as being a championship player, so not overly excited by him tbh.

finally made it to my pre-season friendlies, and with a bit more time now i should progress quicker from here.....

Jimbokav1971
16-10-2008, 11:16
Rlip.

Galeano. Jumping and strength a little lacking for a big bad centre-half.

Keita. Looks like a lot of money for someone who isn't significantly better that Bandito, (and only a little better pysically).

Billy Palmer. (I sold him, (against the wishes of many) purely so that he could continue to develop. With Carrilho, da Silva, Kucernak, Benoit and others, I think you can see now that he wasn't going to get a game so I still think I made the correct decision, (no matter how good he is now). If I accepted the deal rather than the chairman, we will have a 50% clause in the deal so it might be worth checking this as we will be able to sign him for half price in effect. Certainly worth looking at.

Scott Marshall might not be a World-beater, but he is the best yet to come through:thup:.

rlipscombe
16-10-2008, 13:17
Rlip.

Galeano. Jumping and strength a little lacking for a big bad centre-half.

Keita. Looks like a lot of money for someone who isn't significantly better that Bandito, (and only a little better pysically).

Billy Palmer. (I sold him, (against the wishes of many) purely so that he could continue to develop. With Carrilho, da Silva, Kucernak, Benoit and others, I think you can see now that he wasn't going to get a game so I still think I made the correct decision, (no matter how good he is now). If I accepted the deal rather than the chairman, we will have a 50% clause in the deal so it might be worth checking this as we will be able to sign him for half price in effect. Certainly worth looking at.

Scott Marshall might not be a World-beater, but he is the best yet to come through:thup:.

with regards to Galeano, i would agree with you to an extent. however, he is the best i've seen so far for his age, at that sort of price. i will continue to look, as his deal is on hold, and i will see what i can find. i am reluctant on spending more than this on a player who is nearer 30....

For Keita, it is a lot of money, more than perhaps i am willing to pay, but good AMC's are hard to find. Keita is the best i have seen, has his best years ahead of him, and is an option. his signing would impact less on Bandito, and more on Ejiri should the deal go ahead.

I will check the deal with Billy Palmer. 50% future fee would affect whether i pursued him or not. i am not 100% sure whether i need to invest in a new striker, but the 50% may move him up the pecking order a place or two in who to sign...

i would agree with you on Marshall. He may never make the first team, but is a good prospect and could well earn us some money should we ever decide to cash in on him. will monitor his progress over the course of the season.

stotty
16-10-2008, 20:44
i have been reading this thread with great interest and have to say the level you have got to and the type of players you lot have got is amazing.
I would my name down for a season but there is no way my computer would be able to handle the size of the game and if it did i wouldnt be able to commit to doing a season in a week.
Do any of you think you could have got this far and be doing this well by yourself or do you think that due to the fact that each season you use a different formation and you all bring something different to the table has helped in the progress of the teams?

PaulHartman71
16-10-2008, 20:45
any chance of me being put at the bottom of the list for Ten Ton?

dafuge
16-10-2008, 23:00
i have been reading this thread with great interest and have to say the level you have got to and the type of players you lot have got is amazing.
I would my name down for a season but there is no way my computer would be able to handle the size of the game and if it did i wouldnt be able to commit to doing a season in a week.
Do any of you think you could have got this far and be doing this well by yourself or do you think that due to the fact that each season you use a different formation and you all bring something different to the table has helped in the progress of the teams?

I think playing it this way has made it a lot harder, there is always a lack of continuity between managers and the young players are not brought through in the way I usually would. The changes in formations can cause problems as well, especially with specialist midfielders. In the season before me the manager spend a large fee on a player I didn't use, just because of my tactics, I'm sure the same will happen with players I've bought.

Great fun though :thup:

rlipscombe
17-10-2008, 11:05
I took the plunge and signed Keita as i felt he is a better player than Ejiri. and he promptly scored the first goal of my latest reign in charge!! :D have played half of pre-season and scored 12, conceding 1. Keita and Bandito have been sharing the AMC role and both have 2 goals..... i am playing my attacking 4-3-1-2 formation i use for my Como game, and working alright in pre-season.

i will post screenies of all my signings later but i have managed to sign a great RM prospect from Barcelona who'll be a 'leading premiership winger'. really pleased with his signing for 3.5m. looking forward to kick on with the game this weekend and get stuck into the league season. pre-season is taking a while as i'm trawling for good players and getting everything in place.

i will get quicker!!

Jimbokav1971
17-10-2008, 11:10

I think that it helps that you know you are only going to be doing 1 season so you really give it everything you have and there is no danger of the game becoming stale.

Also, because you are managing as a team you feel more responsibility than you would normally and are less likely to make flippant decisions, (or in my case become attached to individual players to bthe detriment of the team as a whole).

Something else that should not be ignored is that different types of managers have different areas of expertise.

The season I played for Ten Ton for example, (the first in the Premiership), was ideal for my style of play, where my only target was to avoid relegation. This allowed me to spend LOADS of time sending and scouts and sifting through reports and as a result, 4 seasons later, the SC's that I signed that season are now some of the bst players at the club.

Had I taken over in a season where we were looking to get promoted, (like dafuge did on a couple of occasions I think), then this would not have played to my strengths and I am not sure how effective I would have been.

I think that a regular changing of tactics has helped both teams, and a fresh pair of eyes, (with loads of comments from others), has helped with the little things.

I would also say that a few of the guys who have dropped out, (claiming little time to play and the like), have possibly in fact just decided to give it a miss aftder performing poorly. It's a shame that a few more people aren't more honest, (like Nep), and if I was to get relegated I would have took it on the chin.

It's an ingenius idea though and something that I would hope should really grown in popularity next season with FM09.

chopper99
17-10-2008, 11:39
I would also say that a few of the guys who have dropped out, (claiming little time to play and the like), have possibly in fact just decided to give it a miss aftder performing poorly. It's a shame that a few more people aren't more honest, (like Nep), and if I was to get relegated I would have took it on the chin.

It's an ingenius idea though and something that I would hope should really grown in popularity next season with FM09.

Totally agree, I was disappointed with my end to the season but that's just part and parcel of the game. Sometimes it makes a save much more interesting when you have the odd relegation or poor season. Just flying straight through the leagues can be quite boring and poses little challenge.

rlipscombe
17-10-2008, 11:52
you've hit the nail on the head really Jimbo. i know from my point of view, the last time i played we had just made League 1, so i felt obliged to secure safety. if i'd have taken us down obviously it'd have hurt, but i knew i'd given it my all.

with my position now, following on from two consecutive 2nd place finishes in the Premiership, the pressure is on to at least match that. to do this i want to get it right and am maybe giving more attention to scouting than if playing my Como game (and i scout a lot there!!). I feel a responsibility not only to myself to get the right players, but also to those that follow me. the last thing i want to do is fill the squad with average players that are difficult to shift later. makes it interesting though.

bermybhoy
17-10-2008, 13:30

Glad you enjoy it. Shame you can't take part.

Personally, I haven't had time to do a long term save, so I simply wouldn't have got as far as this. I generally find doing this far more fun than most of my own saves, plus even if I'm not playing, I can see 'my' team progress without being directly involved.

I'm sure that in the early days, the format held us back a lot. People found it difficult to pick up from the last person, and there was a lack of consistency. More recently though, people have put in masses of effort and developed a real attachment to the teams, and I think the way we're doing it has worked to our advantage and driven us on. If there's dead wood in the squad say, you come in, you cut it out and you move on. If it was your own game, and all the signings were yours, you'd possibly be more inclined to hope they'd come good. Plus, with the tactics changing every season, there's no danger of them becoming stale.

Pretty much agree with everything Jimbo's said as well.

Just flying straight through the leagues can be quite boring and poses little challenge.

Indeed, and I note neither side has had any issues with the 'confidence bug'. I wonder if the slow and steady progress v rocketing up the leagues has helped in this regard?

I feel a responsibility not only to myself to get the right players, but also to those that follow me. the last thing i want to do is fill the squad with average players that are difficult to shift later. makes it interesting though.

Exactly this, yet I know every time I come in, I'm absolutely baffled as to why someone would sign some of the players that are there. Then even look at the current situation, where I regarded Ejiri as one of my best players, you come in, don't fancy him so much and immediately buy a replacement. Really helps keep things fresh.

All in all I think it's gone great. A few things went wrong here and there but I reckon now we have seen all of those, the rules have been firmed up, everyone knows the score and the next one will be even better :thup:

bermybhoy
17-10-2008, 13:37
any chance of me being put at the bottom of the list for Ten Ton?

Sure thing.

i will post screenies of all my signings later but i have managed to sign a great RM prospect from Barcelona who'll be a 'leading premiership winger'. really pleased with his signing for 3.5m. looking forward to kick on with the game this weekend and get stuck into the league season. pre-season is taking a while as i'm trawling for good players and getting everything in place.

You mean this guy? ;)

One other possible signing is the right winger Andreu (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Andreu.jpg). While he doesn't look all that impressive, the Scouts (http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll247/bermybhoy/ten%20ton%20202829/update%201/5Andreuscout.jpg) love him and he'd cost about 2.1m. Any thoughts?