PDA

View Full Version : Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

dafuge
10-09-2008, 17:48
Fantastic results there, looks like this has the potential to be a massive season for the softies.

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 18:26
Just had a bid for Giacomelli (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1025/christiangiacomelliprofgb3.png) for 5 million +50 % of next sale? Or is he too much of a club legend to sell?

dafuge
10-09-2008, 18:29
Just had a bid for Giacomelli (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1025/christiangiacomelliprofgb3.png) for 5 million +50 % of next sale? Or is he too much of a club legend to sell?

I'd keep him, the 50% is unlikely to bring in a lot due to his age and £5m is pretty much his value. I'd consider selling him if a much bigger bid came in but he was a great sub for me, got quite a few winners off the bench.

dave safc
10-09-2008, 18:31
I bought him, so obviously would like him to stay :D

I think he's still a good player to have in the squad, and would rather have him than the money. If a bigger bid comes in, then I would reconsider.

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 18:32
Fair enough, although he is probably my 6th choice striker now :p

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 18:34
In other news Eder, the 19 year old winger, has just been called up to Brazil :o

And will become a regular for the legends as Blanco picks up a two month injury while playing for Mexico :(

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 20:43
November Games

League. Legends 3 Derby 1.

Law 66,77
Kovarik 71

Derby got an early goal in the 21st minute, as we started badly (again). In the 42 minute we won a penalty which Rinaldi duly blazed over the bar, and it began to look like it wasnít our day. In the 66th minute Blanco set up law to beat the keeper and equalise , before Kovarik headed home a corner to put us in front. 10 minutes after his first goal, Blanco set up Law again, and he rounded the keeper to win us the game. Derby didnít have a single shot in the second half.

League Cup. Legends 6 Man Utd 1.

Hoxha 19, 33
Blanco 38
Law 68, 71
Kovarik 78

An early injury to defender Jeffrey gave us a problem, as I forgot we were only allowed 5 subs which consisted of a goalie, two strikers and two wingers. This meant Lombardi went to centre back and Cardoso to the unfamiliar role of DM. It didnít matter, as Hoxha scored from the edge of the area, but they levelled 4 minutes later. Hoxha then converted Snodinís cross before Blanco fired home the third. Law then added two more, the first from Snodinís cross and the second a tap in, before Kovarik headed home the 6th from a corner. The reward was a home tie against Chelsea

League. Man Utd 1 Legends 1.

Law 33

Sean law took Lombardiís post and scored our only goal of a dour game in which we didnít deserve to win. Man Utd got there goal just before half time as Cristeau got MOM in the Legends goal

Champions League. Legends 6 Shaktar 0.

Hoxha 23, 28, 72
Law 44
Popov 53
Kovarik 62

Hoxha opened the scoring with a shot from outside the area, although it went straight through the keeper, before latching onto Lawís pass to slot home his second. Hoxha turned provider, as his cross was headed home by Law as we led by three goals at half time. Popov scored another stunning curler from the edge of the area for the fourth goal, before Kovarik shot from the edge of the area was the fifth goal of the night (and the first of his goals not from his head), before Hoxha completed his hattrick. This result meant we qualified for the first knockout round.

League. Legends 3 Portsmouth 1.

Snodin 7
Hoxha 11,31

Two early goals set us on our way to a relatively easy win. Rinaldis deflected free kick landed in Snodins path, and he converted past the keeper. Snodin then crossed for Hoxha to header home, only for the keeper to push the ball straight back to him, giving him a tap in. Hoxha got his second as he scored a good goal from the edge of the area, although Portsmouth got a goal back almost immediately, but we hung on to win.

League. Legends 2 Swindon 0.

Law 1
Popov 41

Law took Popovs pass and scored in the first minute, and from then we never turned back. Swindon only had one shot on target, and it was just a case of how many. Popov scored another screamer to double our lead, and that was how it stayed.

League. Legends 3 Newcastle 4.

Hoxha 19, 90
Jose 90

Our 100% home record went as Newcastle came and won. Hoxha converted Snodins cross for the opener, only for them to level immediately, which was the way it stayed at half time, where I said the wrong thing, since I said I was disappointed. 10 minutes after halftime, their striker scores twice in a minute to leave us two down. We are unable to do anything, and they get a penalty in the 84th minute which they score. Two late goals gave us hope, but they came too late. The first game after Blancos injury, a coincidence?

I forgot to take a screenshot of the League table at end of November

JamesMathews
11-09-2008, 12:09
December Games

Champions League. Real Madrid 3 Legends 4.

Hoxha 2,77
Law 45
Popov 57

We started brilliantly, Hoxha collecting Popovs pass to score with our first shot in the second minute. We then went defensive, and were outplayed for the rest of the half, with Madrid scoring twice, so I switched back to my away tactic, and, Law scored from Lomardis pass on the stroke of half time. We came out strongly for the second half, but fell behind again, only for Popov to score another stunning curler a minute later to level us up. While I would have taken a draw, Hoxha had other idea, and rounded the keeper from nsoinds great ball to win it for us. It meant we would go through as group winners

League. Coventry 3 Legends 1.

Hoxha 90

We came back to reality with a bump, losing our second league game in a row to a Coventry side inspired by former player Buxton. They got an early goal, and as we pressed forwards, we conceded two more before Hoxha got a late consolation from a tap in. We had enough chances but were unable to take them as their goalie got MOM

League Cup. Legends 3 Chelsea 4.

Rinaldi pen 12
Jose 85
Hoxha 89

We were full strength for this as we looked for silverware. Rinaldi converted an early penalty after Kovarik was fouled in the box which set us on our way. We ere looking good before their striker struck either side of half time, in the 45th and 46th minute before they got a third five minutes later and a fourth ten minute later the third. Despite being three goals down, we threw everyone forward, and Jose tapped in after coming on as a sub. Hoxha then added another from a long ball to give us hope, but sadly there was no fairytale fourth goal, so we exited our first competition of the season.

League. Legends 2 Chelsea 2.

Hoxha 3
Kovarik 36

We had a chance to get revenge immediately, and it looked to be on the cards after Hoxha and Popov combined for Hoxha to slot home an early goal, only for Chelsea to level 10 minutes later, although Kovarik headed home a corner to give us a halftime lead. However, we didnít deserve to win and another goal by the Chelsea striker (his fourth in two games against us) ensured the match ended level, although we tried to get the winner.

Champions League. Legends 1 Celtic 1.

Hoxha 19

With us having already qualified as group winners, I should have just rested players but instead i went for the win. Hoxha got us off to a good start, collected Jeffreyís long ball and scoring in the 19th minute, but we were unable to get a second before half time. Ten minutes after half time they scored, and we had Cristeau to thank as we hung on for a draw, as he saved a penalty. Our game in the first knockout round would be against Werder Bremen.

League. Legends 2 Arsenal 2.

Kovarik 25
Law 66

With us in bad form, the last people we wanted to face was runaway leaders Arsenal, who got an early goal that they deserved in the 20th minute, only for Kovarik to head us level from a corner five minutes later with our first shot of the game. After half time Law took Popovs pass and slotted home to give us a lead, although the arsenal players claimed offside, but the flag stayed down correctly. We tried to hang on for a famous victory but arsenal got a goal in the 84th minute to deny us a precious win.

League. Birmingham 2 Legends 2.

Hoxha 3, 79

Our next game was against bottom side Birmingham, and would hopefully give us a relatively easy game, although we had drawn against 19th place Wigan. Hoxha and Popov combined to put Hoxha through on goal and he made no mistake as he continued his deadly form. This was how it stayed to half time, before they got an equaliser on the hour mark, as Cristeau, Arias and Jeffrey stopped to have a tea party (they all stood there for five seconds not doing anything) with the ball between them, allowing them to score a soft goal with their first shot on target. Hoxha though he had won it as he headed home Laws cross, only for Birmingham to get an undeserved equaliser 4 minutes later.

League. Legends 4 Wigan1.

Hoxha 6, 38
Law 11
Rinaldi 42

Still without a win, we hosted Wigan in a must win if we wanted to finish in the top 4. Hoxha got us off to the perfect start as Popov set him up for the opener, and then Popov set up Law five minutes later to double our lead, and got his third assist in the 38th minute, setting up Hoxha for his second goal, before Rinaldi curled home a brilliant free kick (which wasnít deflected for once) to secure the win, although Wigan got a late consolation.

League tables at end of December (and one game of January):

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/3341/barclayspremiershipleagal8.png

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3336/uefachampionsleaguestagxa2.png

NepentheZ
11-09-2008, 13:22
Wow. Arsenal are a real powerhouse there.!!! That makes me happy. :) - You'll never win the league. Mwahahahahahahaha [/evillaugh]

rlipscombe
11-09-2008, 14:14
yeah, thank heavens for Arsenal!

Mikel LUFC
11-09-2008, 15:14
They ran away with it in my season as well

JamesMathews
11-09-2008, 15:46
Transfer Window
In:
Alexandre Santos (http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7770/alexandresantosprofilevz2.png) arrived from Getafe for 7.25 million. He looks a really good player, and was brought to provide cover to both Popov in the centre and Blanco on the right, since Stepanek and Eder were not yet premiership players

Igor (http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2008/igorprofiletx1.png) was another one of Mikels signings, and he looks like he will never be good enough for the premiership. Still three more to goÖ

I did try and sign a left back but the one I wanted would have cost 20 million, but boy was he good: Jair Lindgren (http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/2986/jarilindgrenprofilexl2.png)

Out:
Farid Baron (http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/1164/faridbaronprofilefn0.png) moved on loan to Hartlepool until the rest of the season

Feeder Club news:

Icelander side Keflavik are our 7th feeder club
Hartlepool are 4th in the championship, looking for back to back promotions, while Charlton are 19th

JamesMathews
11-09-2008, 15:49
January Games

League. Swindon 0 Legends 7.

Hoxha 3, 14
Popov 7, 17
Law 12, 23
Rinaldi pen 56

Having already drawn away to 19th and 20th placed sides in the league (Wigan and Birmingham), we now faced the 18th side in the premiership. Hoxha got the final touch off a corner to open the scoring, before Popov picked up the ball on the halfway line, dribbled round a defender, and then lobbed the ball into the top corner. Law added a third from another corner, before Popov set up Hoxha to lob home our fourth goal after 14 minutes. Hoxha and Law combined to set Popov through, and he made no mistake, getting our 5th, before law scored another clinical goal from Ariasí pass. Quite possible the best 25 minutes I have seen my team ever play on FM2008! Rinaldi added a seventh from the spot, while they had a man sent off late on. Van de Weerd played came on as a sub for his first appearance since mid September after a long injury break.

FA Cup. Legends 2 Derby 1.

Hoxha 69, 90

We started badly, and could get neither possession or shots on goal, and then took advantage as they won a penalty in the 37th minute which was duly converted. After half time, we were marginally better. Hoxha brought us level from Snodinís pass, and then it looked like a replay and embarrassment. But in the third minute of injury time Eder crossed and Hoxha headed home to put us in the next round against Fulham away.

League. Legends 3 Liverpool 1.

Eder 8, 72
Law 53

The Liverpool team featured former player Mikel LUCF (I wonder who named him that :p). In the 8th minute Rinaldi tapped a free kick to Law, whose shot was well saved by Mikel LUCF, only for Eder to tap in the rebound. We dominated the rest of the first half but we were unable to add to our lead. Early in the second half, Law latching onto Ederís ball, only to see his shot saved by Mikel LUFC, but he scored the rebound. Some terrible defending meant they pulled one back on the hour mark from a freekick. Eder then made it safe , as he beat his man on the wing and fired home from an acute angle to get his second goal and man of the match.

League. Sunderland 6 Legends 1.

Lombardi 52

Sunderland were a fellow team competing for a champions league place, so it was always going to be tough. They dominated the first half and deservedly led at half time by a goal.. They quickly added a second but Lombardi drove the ball in to half their lead and give us hope. However, in the 65th minute they got a third, and then ten minutes later a fourth to end their match. With 5 minutes to go they got their fifth, and two minutes later their sixth. Rinaldi decided it would be a good idea to argue about whether the 6th was a goal or not and duly got a second yellow and was sent off. Idiot. He was fined two weeks wages which he though was unfair.

FA Cup. Fulham 2 Legends 6.

Law 9, 59, 84, 89
Snodin 37
Hoxha 68

Fulham are a good side (They did win the premiership a few years ago), so it was a tough tie, but Blanco returned to play for the first time in two months after his injury. Sean Law got an early goal from Popovís pass, before a free kick a piece saw us continue to lead by one, with Snodin replacing the suspended Rinaldi on freekick duty. After half time, Roome, making his first appearance of the year, got to the final touch to a corner, although unfortunately it was a Fulham corner, and his own goal levelled up the scores. On the hour mark, Cristeauís long ball was picked up by Popov, but the kepper saved hiseffort and Law scored the rebound. Ten minutes later Hoxha got onto another long ball and slotted it home to restore our two goal lead again. Law then competed his hatrick after another good ball by Popov, and got his fourth from a great ball by Eder.

League table at end of January (and one game of February):

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6043/barclayspremiershipleagij6.png

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barclayspremiershipleagij6.png

rlipscombe
11-09-2008, 16:09
Santos is a great signing... shame you've fallen away a little in the league.... tee hee :)

GazTheDoood
11-09-2008, 16:43
Them updates are MASSIVE. :)

JamesMathews
11-09-2008, 16:53
They are indeed:)

In other news Arsenal actually lost :o in the league and FA Cup

Will have a Februray update soon :)

canvey!!
11-09-2008, 19:03
Sorry I 'lied' about being able to play last night - :o - I couldn't find the time. However, I now have a couple of hours free and I can get through a bit. The next update will come tonight.

Mikel LUFC
11-09-2008, 19:12
Looks like your battling with the same sides as me last seaso, hopefully you can finish above all of them :)

dafuge
11-09-2008, 19:40
Great to see Eder making his way into the first team, I signed him as a youngster but due to the rules in Brazil I never got to manage him.

JamesMathews
11-09-2008, 20:50
February Games

League. Legends 2 Plymouth 0.

van de Weerd 90
Law 90

Plymouth came to defend, and they defended well for 89 minutes. Try as we could, we could rarely find a way past their defence, and when we did their keeper stood strong, eventually earning himself MOM. With 15 minutes left, Santos came on for his debut, in place of Arias, as we went to 5 in midfield, but we were still unable to penetrate, so 10 minutes later, van de Weerd came on for Hoxha. In the 93rd minute of injury time, Santosí great ball found Blanco on the right wing, and his cross was nodded in by van de Weerd at the far post. In the 96th minute, law robbed their goalie outside the penalty area and slotted home into an empty net.

League. Norwich 1 Legends 4.

Kovarik 4, 19
Hoxha 8
Mascia 87

With tiredness creeping in, Popov and Lombardi were rested, so Santos got his full debut. Our opening goal came from a corner, as Kovarik headed home, and our second followed in similar circumstances, but Hoxha headed home instead. Our third goal was a carbon copy of the first, which put the game beyond doubt. Norwichplayed well and deservedly pulled one back in the 33rd minute, and that was how it stayed until Mascia drilled home from the edge of the area with three minutes to go.

League. Legends 3 Norwich 1.

Santos 22
Law 65
Hoxha 81

Popov was still exhausted, so Santos continued, and got his first goal for the club with a long shot, but only after we fell behind to an early goal. They dominated but were unable to add any more goals, and Law gave us the lead when he collected Blancoís cross and slotted home. Hoxha, captain for the day due to Kovarik being rested, then secured the win as he took Santosís ball and scored a good goal past their keeper to maintain our good form.

FA Cup. Norwich 0 Legends 1.

Law 20

Two wins had already seen us through to the fifth round, and we were looking to go into the quarter finals. Popov was rested for one more game ahead of a European night, so Santos had the opportunity to play Law through to get the only goal of the game, and Santos later collected Man of the Match, while Critescu kept a clean sheet with a good performance to ensure we would face Sunderland at home in the next round.

Champions League. Werder Bremen 2 Legends 2.

Popov 8
Law 14

Popovís return to the first team saw him open the scoring from Blancoís delightful cut-back, and then 6 minutes later Hoxha set up Law to fire home a second and double our lead. We continued to create chance after chance, but Bremen pegged us back on 26 minutes and again on 61 minutes. Against any normal keeper we could have had 4 or 5 goals, but we were up against a world class keeper, who ensure our 12 shots on goal and 57% possession provided us with just two goals. However, it is still a good result to take to The Fisher stadium

League. Tottenham 5 Legends 3.

Hoxha 4
Law 11
Kovarik 53

Our final game of February saw a potentially tricky tie against Tottenham. We started off well, with Ariasís deep cross headed home by Hoxha, and Law added a second from some terrible defending. Tottenham hit back, and a long ball saw them pull one back in the 27th minute. Straight after half time, Law dribbled around the keeper, but had a shot saved on the goalline by a defender, and Kovarik headed home another corner five minutes later. Our lead didnít last long, as they pulled another goal back in the 58th minute, and they levelled four minutes later. Law should have put us back in front, but was denied a great goal by the keeper, and then Tottenham took the lead for the first time, deservedly, as their striker got a hattrick. We pressed for an equaliser, but they got a fifth to end our good league form.

League table at end of February:
http://i37.tinypic.com/xcnghx.png

canvey!!
11-09-2008, 21:08
July: Transfers and Friendlies

Tottenham are going on a spending spree. As well as having to talk to the media about them targeting Matt Vernon (I told them I would only sell him for the right price), they have put in an offer for Jason Thompson. I don’t see myself getting him over Spurs, to be honest. Leeds also put in an offer.

Friendly: Ten Ton FC 3–1 Ten Ton Reserves
A pretty routine friendly. Although the reserves had the upper hand in terms of possession and shots, the work we made their goalkeeper do meant that we won. New signing superstar Benoit scored the first goal from the edge of the penalty area in the 5th minute. Only a minute later, O’Rourke placed it in the corner of the net. He then missed the thirteenth-minute penalty, missed the rebound but scored from the rebound of that. Investment player Leonardo Melo scored a great consolation goal for the reserves in the second half.
MOM: O’Rourke
Unfortunately, Carillho and Rasmussen have been injured, Carillho for 2-3 weeks with a twisted knee and Rasmussen for 3 weeks to a month with a pulled hamstring. The £6M offer for Cristian Villalba was accepted, and I offered the winger £675/week. The three offers for Jason Thompson were rejected, so I rebid at £12M. Villalba’s work permit application was rejected so I appealed.

Friendly: Ten Ton FC 2-0 Ten Ton under 18s
The first team dominated proceedings, with Ian Howell (AMC) and Tomas Kucernack (ST) scoring.
MOM: Ian Howell
For some crazy reason the fans bombarded a football phone-in complaining that the result wasn’t good enough.

Blackburn came in with an offer for Vernon. It was a simple player exchange, Vernon out, Peter Wilde (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peterwildeprofilenh4.png) in, although I would get 20% of Vernon’s next transfer fee. I decided to accept the offer, Wilde looks quality. The work permit was granted for Villalba, so he has come in for £6M. Now I just need a more experienced winger ready to start games. Peter Wilde doesn’t want to join us, but I’ve offered him £10,000/week in the hope that he is shallow and money-obsessed.

Chelsea made a £6M Amoroso bid. I negotiated it to include a 50% sell-on clause. The Jason Thompson bid for £12M was rejected. I offered the remainder of the transfer budget, £13M. I accepted a £200k offer for 31-year-old Carl Hughes (SELL) from Wycombe. Peter Wilde came back with his contract demands which I matched: £4,400/week plus a £1.1k appearance bonus. Matt Vernon agreed terms with Blackburn, so will go when Wilde agrees terms with us.

Friendly: Norwich 2-2 Ten Ton FC
We totally outshot Norwich 24-6, but we just couldn’t put away the chances. Ken Powell scored the opener for Norwich in the 5th minute, and they doubled their advantage via Ade Lodge in the 11th. Matt Vernon scored our equaliser in the 50th minute, from a corner, and Tomas Kucernack scored in the second match in a row to equalise.
MOM: Ken Powell (Norwich)
Chelsea returned with the £6M+50% offer for Amoroso. I accepted. Carl Hughes (SELL) rejected the Wycombe offer. I made sure he knew he was not needed and offered him out. I accepted the £16.2M negotiation for Jason Thompson from Blackburn after adjusting my budgets. I accepted a £110k offer for Carl Hughes from Brentford. It was less than Wycombe were offering but it was the only offer seeing as Hughes’ wage demands were too much for Wycombe.

Amoroso agreed terms with Chelsea for £6M+50%. Carl Hughes (SELL) agreed terms with Brentford. I offered Jason Thompson a £38,500/week contract.

Friendly: York 1-2 Ten Ton FC
The score roughly reflected the number of shots, with us shooting 19 versus their 8, although a 3-1 scoreline would probably have been fairer. David and da Silva scored either side of the half-hour mark before York pulled one back in the 67th.
MOM: David
Unfortunately, Jason Thompson has snubbed us. Back to square one. In other news, we are 300-1 odds on winning the Premiership: relegation is, in the eyes of the bookies, a real possibility.

Friendly: Ten Ton FC 2-1 At. Madrid
It was an even game but we came out on top largely due to a Lars Jensen goal in first-half stoppage time. Benoit opened the scoring for us in the 18th minute, and at half-time we were 2-0 up. Atlťtico Madrid claimed a goal in the 76th minute.
MOM: Lars Jensen
I set the team a normal league bonus and a high cup bonus.

Completed Transfers this Season (Transfers In first)

| Date | Person | From | Fee |
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 1.7.2026 | Santos, Gťlson | Fluminense | £2K |
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 1.7.2026 | Halgas, Imre | Debrecen | Free |
| 1.7.2026 | Warner, Alan | Kilmarnock | Free |
| 1.7.2026 | Miranda, Fabio | Porto | £12K |
| 1.7.2026 | Carlos | Flamengo | £30K |
| 1.7.2026 | Bandito * | Sevilla | £9.5M |
| 1.7.2026 | McCombe, Russell | Bolton | £1.1M |
| 8.7.2026 | Villalba, Cristian | River | £6M |
| 13.7.2026 | Peter Wilde * | Blackburn | P/Ex |
| | Total | | £16.75M |
| | | | |

| Date | Person | To | Fee |
| 23.6.2026 | Rlip | Dundee Utd | Loan |
| 1.7.2026 | Mead, Ian | Hibernian | Free |
| 1.7.2026 | van Galen, Martin | Barnsley | £350K |
| 1.7.2026 | Lee Gleeson. SELL | Newport Co | Free |
| 1.7.2026 | Cannavaro, Alessio | Brighton | £140K |
| 1.7.2026 | Turner, David | Free Transfer | Free |
| 13.7.2026 | Vernon, Matt | Blackburn | P/Ex |
| 17.7.2026 | Amoroso | Chelsea | £6M |
| 18.7.2026 | Hughes, Carl | Brentford | £110K |
| | Total | | £6.5M |
| | | | |
Writer’s Notes: Sorry for the pace of the update – I have little time to go into detail.

GazTheDoood
12-09-2008, 01:41
Screenies of the tranfers canvey!! when you've got the time mate?!

Jimbokav1971
12-09-2008, 06:52
James. Santos looks good but I would be worried that his poor physical abilities are an indication of something else like poor injury record.

(Here's hoping anyway);)

Jimbokav1971
12-09-2008, 07:28
Canvey. I think the only screenie we need is the Wilde one as all the oithers have been posted previously.

If he is anywhere near as good as Vernon then it is a good deal because Vernon was making noises about leaving and he was not as good in the air as we need from a DC.

Keep looking for that much needed ML but remember that David and Gustavo are being trained to play on the left so maybe they might be a short term solution with "change places with" to allow them to each spend a little time on the left.

£6M is good for Amoroso and the 50% a nice touch.

Next time you crank the game up look at a list of our ex players who we have 50% clauses on and maybe start commenting in the media to try and engineer some interest.

We already know that Lychodil is a greedy buggar and maybe Petrov too so maybe they might be the easiest targets.

It's a shame that we seem to have problems defending set-pieces still. I thought that it was just a problem with my tactics.

JamesMathews
12-09-2008, 07:33
James. Santos looks good but I would be worried that his poor physical abilities are an indication of something else like poor injury record.

(Here's hoping anyway);)

Thats why hes only a backup:p

And he hasn't been injured yet, although he will now probably get injured in the next game :(

JamesMathews
12-09-2008, 11:06
March Games

League. Legends 3 Aston Villa 4.

Kovarik 57
Blanco 59
Snodin 75

Aston villa started off much better than us, and they got an early goal in the fourth minute to lead until half time. 10 minutes after halt time, they were three up and cruising . We had had one shot on target at his point. Captain Kovarik got us back into the game, as he headed home a corner, and this inspired us to get another soon after, Kovarik header from another corner was well saved and Blanco tapped in the rebound. We pushed for the equaliser, and with 15 minutes to go, Snodin beat his man and curled the ball into the bottom corner of the net. We pushed for the winner, and in the 93rd minute we won a free kick on the edge of the area in Rinaldi territory. He decides rather than shoot, he passes the ball to Snodin, who gets tackled, and the ball is hoofed down the field and the Villa striker wins the game for them.

Champions League. Legends 3 Werder Bremen 1.

Law 73, 76
Popov 80

We knew we could take a 0-0 or 1-1 and progress, but we went for the win, and midway through the first half Bremen got a goal with there first shot on target. We peppered the Bremen goal but their goalie stood strong, until the 73rd minute, when Law took Popovís pass and powered the ball into the bottom corner from outside the penalty area to give us the lead on away goals. Three minutes later, Hoxha slipped Law through and beat got his second goal to put us in front on the night, but a Bremen goal would take the tie to extra time. With 10 minutes to go, Popov clinched the victory, firing home a terrific shot from outside the area to send the fans into delusion. We will play Inter in the next round and then Newcastle or Real Madrid in the semi final.

FA Cup. Legends 3 Sunderland 3.

Law 62
Hoxha 79, 89

They took an early lead in the 16th minute, and soon doubled it, albeit against the run of play. We were continually thwarted by the Sunderland keeper. At half time, Popov came on for Cardosa (Snodin was suspended) in a bid to inspire us, but they got a third soon after half time. With 62 minutes gone, Blanco set up Law to pull one back, but still the Sunderland keeper kept us at bay, so on 78 minutes Hoxha came on for Arias (He was being rested and van de Weerd started) . Popov played in Law, who cut the ball back to Hoxha ,who scored with his first touch. With injury time approaching , van de Weerd set up Hoxha to fire home his second goal, as we came back from 3-0 down for the second time in a week. Both keepers performed well, and despite letting in three each, Cristescu got ď8Ē and the Sunderland keeper got ď9Ē. We would have a replay at the ground where we lost 6-1 earlier this season...

League. Fulham 2 Legends 3.

Blanco 3
Hoxha 26
Van de Weerd 77

Much like the cup game, we took an early lead, doubled it and then surrendered it. Lombardi slipped in Blanco for the opener, and he made no mistake as he scored against his former club. Hoxha added a second after he robbed the Fulham keeper and slotted home into an empty net, although Fulham hit back immediately to make it 2-1, and equaliser just after half time. With Popov and Law struggling to make an impact, Santos and van de Weerd came on, and with just over ten minutes to go, Santos set up van de Weerd to score, also against his former club to win it for us, although we had a brilliant display in the Legends goal to thank for that.

League. Legends 3 Bolton 1.

Hoxha 8
Kovarik 30
Law 88

Hoxha opening the scoring after playing a neat one two with Popov, smashing the ball home, but 10 minutes later Bolton, were level with what would be their only shot of the first half. We pressed for a second goal and got it when Kovarik headed home a corner to give us a half time lead. After half time, Popov was punched in the head by a Bolton defender, who was promptly sent off, and that looked to kill off any chances off a Bolton recovery, and we got the third goal to secure the win, when Law tapped home in a goal mouth scramble to reward his England callup.

FA Cup Replay. Sunderland 3 Legends 2.

Kovarik 28
Hoxha 65

Law though he had put us in front in the 5th minute, but it was correctly ruled out because he was offside as Popov passed the ball. They scored after 11 minutes, adn Popov should have equalised immediately but shot wide. Kovarik did level it up, as he headed home another corner, only for them to score from a corner at the opposite end five minutes later, so Sunderland led 2-1 at half time. Law had a chance to level 10 minutes after half time, but shot straight at the keeper, while Popov was also denied a couple of minutes later, although the shots kept reigned down on Critescu goal, and they scored again on the hour mark to make it 3-1. Hoxha pulled a goal from lawís pass, but it would prove not enough as we exited the FA Cup

League table at end of March:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2ngz87d.png

Random Stuff:
Holland just beat Croatia 10-0
I believe Sean law is the first Legends player to win an England cap whilst with the club

JamesMathews
12-09-2008, 12:39
April Games

League. Derby 3 Legends 3.

Hoxha 7
Popov 42
Law 90

Derby were a midtable side so we needed to beat them to have aspirations of a Champions League place, but Derby took the lead after just five minutes, although Hoxha levelled immediately afterwards. With four minutes left off the first half, Law won the ball, and played a great ball to Popov, who fired into the top corner to give us a first half lead. Early in the second half, Santos, on as a substitute for Popov, sent Law clear but he could only shoot straight at the keeper, and was denied again five minutes later, and then shot wide soon after. It was too prove costly, as Derby crossed the ball in and their striker headed it home, despite being offside. Law was once again denied by the keeper with just under 20 minutes to go, and Santos also shot wide, before law continued his miserable day in front of goal, shooting wide again. It looked like it would prove costly, as Derby scored what they though was a winner in the 85th minute, only for law to finally score in injury time.

Champions League. Legends 5 Inter Milan 4.

Law 2, 54
Kovarik 11
Hoxha 59, 80

We knew to stand any chance we would have to beat inter at home, and we got the perfect start, Popov played a through ball towards Law, who lobbed the keeper to put us in dreamland. It didnít last long, the got a corner and it was cleared, but their defensive midfield scored through a crowd of bodies. Cristescu made a great save before Kovarik headed home a corner to put us back in front. 10 minutes before Half time, Popov hit the side netting as his curling shot didnít curl enough, while Hoxha was denied a goal from Rinaldiís cross by a brilliant save. From the corner, they pulled off a counter attacking move and levelled it up on the stoke of half time. Just after half time, we went in front again. Hoxhaís clearance was met by Law after he beat the centre back by pure speed, and then curled the ball into the top corner from 30 yards. Five minutes later, Sondin crossed the ball in and Hoxha headed the ball into the net to double our lead, although it was immediately halved by a swift Inter goal. With just under 20 minutes to go they scored their fourth goal of the night to level the scores, but we werenít finished yet, Snodinís ball was picked up by Hoxha, who rounded the keeper to put us in front once more. Hoxha had a one on one with the keeper five minutes later, but was unable to beat him, while Law shot straight at the keeper when played through by Popov and Hoxha shot wide in the last minute. Our game was a 9 goal thriller, but the other game of the night featured Newcastle and Real Madrid, with Newcastle winning 7-1!

Champions League. Inter 2 Legends 2. (6-7 on AGG)

Lombardi 29
Blanco pen 35

With Inter having four away goals, we would have to play for a draw or go for a win to go through. The first real chance came when Hoxha saw his header saved from Popovís cross, and as we started so brightly, another chance soon came, although Law shot straight at the keeper. Rinaldi then hit the side netting from a freekick before Lombardi gave us a deserved lead, Blancoís cross was headed out and he powered the ball into the net. Law should have added another, but saw his effort saved, and in the resulted scramble we were awarded a penalty, which Blanco cooled slotted past the keeper. Five minutes later, Hoxha had a chance to add to the lead, but his Lob went wide. Inter would need three second half goals to progress, and they put the ball in the back of the net early on, but it was ruled out for offside, but they soon scored legitimately, in the 50th minute. That looked how it would stay, but a Cristescu was unable to hold onto a deflected shot, and they scored in the first minute of injury time. By the time we had argued with the assistant, there were two minutes of injury time left, but they were unable to score, so the Legends had done it! Our reward would be a game against Newcastle, while it was Pompey v Arsenal in the other semi.

League. Legends 3 Coventry 4.

Kovarik 25
Hoxha 35
Law 58

They took an early lead with their first shot on target, as their central midfielder scored from long range. Kovarik headed us level from a corner, before Hoxha scored a stunning curler from outside the area to put us in the lead. They levelled it up on half time, with another long shot from the same midfielder with their second shot on target (and third overall). Law had been quite quiet but after 58 minutes he became lively, and from Santosís pass scored a scorcher than skied past the keeper. Coventry levelled soon after with their third shot on target. Santos shot over and law shot wide as we looked for a winner, but they took the lead with their fourth shot on target in the 81st minute. Law had his shot well save, Rinaldi had a free kick deflected and Kovarikís header was blocked, before a clearance of the goaline. Gutted.

League. Newcastle 2 Legends 3.

Law 68
Kovarik 71
Santos 83

They got an early goal, a corner came straight to their player and no one closed him down. Hoxha had a chance to level before half time but his header was well saved. 7 minutes in the second half Blanco is injured with a potential groin injury, not good since Santos is ineligible for Europe. Hoxha through the second half we levelled, Hoxha playing in Law who slid the ball under the Keeper. Two minutes later, Popov saw his header saved from Santosís cross, but Kovarik headed home from the resulting corner. With 10 minutes to go, arias dallied on the ball and was robbed, and their striker slotted home to equalise. That wasnít the end of it, as two minutes later, Santos headed home Snodinís cross into the back of the net. A crucial win since Newcastle were one of the sides competing for the champions league and it will give us confidence going to play them in the Champions League. Blanco has a broken pelvis and is out for four months :(, so Eder will be playing in the Champions League semi finals. Now Snodin is injured for three to four weeks with a hamstring injury :(.

Champions League. Newcastle 4 Legends 2.

Popov 21
Hoxha 68

Eder and Semih would start in one of the biggest game in Legends history due to injuries.. Within five minutes we fall behind to a brilliant gaol by their striker, an amazing dribbled followed by a stunning shot, and they double their lead ten minutes later from a corner. Popov scored what could be a vital away goal as he volleyed home Rinaldiís cross to give us a way back into the match. Their striker completed a hattrick as he tapping in a cross to make it 3-1, although it looked marginally offside. Kovarik hit the post with a header form a corner, before Cristescu made two good saves to deny them before half time. Law saw his shot saved and Popov shot wide as we looked for an away goal, while Law also headed wide. On 64 minutes they got a fourth, but Hoxha quickly got another away goal, slotted home. Van de Weerd came on as a sub, but he had two shots brilliantly saved and it would finish 4-2

League table at end of April:

http://i34.tinypic.com/314e6nl.png

Mikel LUFC
12-09-2008, 14:49
Tight fot 3rd
Come on! do 1 better than me

JamesMathews
12-09-2008, 14:52
The good news is that I have now finished the season

The bad news is I am going away for the weekend, so will be unable to do a proper season update, but will upload the save game

May Games part 1

League. Arsenal 3 Legends 3.

Hoxha 45, 79
Kovarik 47

I donít think I would have chosen to travel to Arsenal away for a game in between two champions league ties, but we had no choice. Lauridsen joined Blanco and Snodin by missing through injury. Arsenal have 9 players with a Worldwide reputation, thatís how good they are. They took the lead in the 24th minute, and dominated the rest of the half, but we went in Level after Hoxha got on the end of Popovís ball and slotted home at the near post. After half time Hoxha almost gave us the lead, but he was denied by a great save, but Kovarik headed home the resulting corner. We tried to defend for the rest of the half but Arsenal levelled the scores in the 59th minute. The players appealed, hoping to see a flag but it never came, although the Striker looked marginally offside. It looked like that would be how it stayed, but Santos won the ball on the left, and played brilliant ball which enable Hoxha to score his second goal. That looked how it would stay, with Cristescu performing heroics, and he would go on to get MOM, but another debatable offside call allowed Arsenal to equalise in the 87th minute, although he was probably onside. Arsenal had 28 shots, with 19 on target, while we had 8 shots and 6 on target.

Champions League. Legends 4 Newcastle 3. (6-7 on AGG)

Eder 15
Cardoso 19
Popov 37
Hoxha 87

We knew a 2-0 or 3-1 win would see us through on away goals, so we set out to score. Popov headed straight at the keeper while Hoxha shot over and we started off well. On 15 minutes, Arias took a long throw-in, and the ball cam all to the way to Eder who tapped in to give us the lead. On 18 minutes , Lombardi took a shot which was deflected, and although Hoxha and Law were offside, Cardoso tucked home the shot as he returned to the side in place of Semih. 10 minutes before half time, Cardosoís cross was blocked, and Popov picked up the ball, and curled it into the top corner to give us a clear lead. Law also saw his shot well saved as Legends dominated the first half, with 59% possession, while Newcastle had yet to register a shot on target. After half time Newcastle improved and pulled a goal back to make me nervous. I was right to be, as 5 minutes later they scored again to take the lead. We pushed everyone forward, with substitute van de Weerd unlucky not to score as time ran out. Then with three minutes left on the clock, Law passed the ball to Hoxha, who lobbed the ball into the top corner, which looked like it would force extra time, only for them to score in injury time, required us to score two to win L.

League. Legends 3 Birmingham 0.

Law 22
Eder 43
Van de Weerd 78

Birmingham were bottom so i expected us to win comfortably. Our first chance came when Hoxha headed Santosís cross against the crossbar, but Law lobbed the keeper on 22 minutes from Popovís pass. Popov then got another assist as he set up Eder to slot home before half time. Despite plenty of chances, it took until the 78th minute for van de Weerd to get our third from Ederís cross.

League table with one week remaining:
http://i38.tinypic.com/10ptxmb.png

rlipscombe
12-09-2008, 14:55
C'mon Newcastle!! ;)

roberto922
12-09-2008, 14:56
Why is the text so big in your updates?

JamesMathews
12-09-2008, 15:23
May Games part 2

League. Legends 0 Man Utd 0.

Man Utd had a good squad, but were struggling so it would never be easy. Both teams had chances in the first half but neither side took the, so at halftime it was goalless. The ball finally went in the back of the net in the 70th minute, with Popov shot being saved and Hoxha slotted home the rebound, but he was adjudged offside and it was ruled out. Both sides had chances to win it in injury time, but it remained goalless.

League. Portsmouth 4 Legends 2.

Law 7
Hoxha 11

Just two days after drawing to Man Utd, we face a tough game against Portsmouth. We started well, and Law headed in Eder cross after just seven minutes, but the lead lasted just two minutes a Kovarik was robbed of the ball and their striker slotted home. We were level for just two minutes, as Lombardi picked out Law, who saw his shot saved and Hoxha scored the rebound, only for Portsmouth to equalise 5 minutes later, and then they took the lead on 19 minutes, and that was how it stayed until half time. After half time Hoxha and Law both had chances to score, while Pompey also had chances of their own, but it stayed goalless until injury time where Portsmouth got a 4th.

League. Chelsea 4 Legends 2.

Kovarik 11
Law 32, 88
Hoxha 61

Our final game was at Chelsea, and we were 4th, 3 points ahead of Newcastle with +27 GD compared to Newcastleís +19, and Newcastle had to travel to Arsenal. Kovarik gave us the perfect start, heading home an early corner for our 100th premiership goal of the season, but Chelsea equalised after half an hour. Two minutes later Law gave us the lead with a brilliant effort, striking the ball into the top corner. Our lead lasted just three minutes, and Arias did a clumsy challenge and gave away a penalty which was duly scored, and it stayed 2-2 until the hour mark, where Hoxha headed home another corner. 7 minutes later they equalised with yet another goal from a corner, and they looked to have won it in the 86th minute from another corner, only for Law to round the keeper and make it 4-4 two minutes later

Final League table:
http://i37.tinypic.com/35hicnb.png

Brief Season overview.
In the league we finished 4th again, with the same amount of points, although we scored one less and conceded six more. In the FA Cup and League cup, we went a round further than we did last season, while we were impressive in the champions League, and only an injury time goal stopped us from appearing in the final. The squad has improved but it will still take some major signings to win the league. Our place in next season champions league was only confirmed when Arsenal beat Newcastle in the champions league final.

Save game:

http://files.filefront.com/SouthernSoftiesfm/;11769639;/fileinfo.html

I will do a squad overview and end of season review on Monday, so whoever is next might want to wait for that:)

Mikel LUFC
12-09-2008, 15:34
well not nany better than last season but al least it didn't get any worse
Good job :) :thup:

Mikel LUFC
12-09-2008, 15:43
sorry for double post but the save game doesn't work for me it's an unknown file type apparently

aaberdeenn
12-09-2008, 16:19
Please stop with big text, absolutely no need whatsoever. Doing the titles a size or two bigger than the norm.. fair enough. No reason for the rest of it though.

GazTheDoood
12-09-2008, 18:19
Please stop with big text, absolutely no need whatsoever. Doing the titles a size or two bigger than the norm.. fair enough. No reason for the rest of it though.

I agree mate, bit OTT.

canvey!!
12-09-2008, 18:26
Sorry, I meant to include the Peter Wilde screenshot, hence the blue text. Here it is (http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peterwildeprofilenh4.png), and I've also edited the link into the post above.

GazTheDoood
12-09-2008, 20:52
Looks good mate.

Plenty of potential there.

Robert_296
12-09-2008, 20:55
Nice one getting in the champions league again! Looks lik it is Tilla next although he hasn't posted for a while I think so it might be Living_Legend

Living_Legend
12-09-2008, 23:47
If Tilla hasn't posted by sunday evening, I'll take control for next seaon, is tht ok with everyone?

dafuge
12-09-2008, 23:52
If Tilla hasn't posted by sunday evening, I'll take control for next seaon, is tht ok with everyone?

Tilla hasn't been online for ages, I've bumped you up a place. Feel free to start your season now :thup:

Jimbokav1971
13-09-2008, 03:45
I thought that I was going to be busy with something else, but with the death of my pc, things have changed a little.

As a result, please stick me back on the end of the Northern Monkey list.

aaberdeenn
13-09-2008, 03:58
Have we decided what will happen once either team eventually wins the Premiership and Champions League?

canvey!!
13-09-2008, 18:35
2026 FIFA World Cup

Group A contains Brazil, Serbia, Japan and Egypt. Brazil are the obvious choice for winning the group, and Serbia seem likely to take second over Egypt. Japan to finish bottom.

In the opening match, Brazil fought hard to gain the expectation: a win over Egypt, 2-1. However, Serbia took the group lead with a 3-0 victory over Japan. Japan beat Egypt 3-1 in the second game to take second spot. Brazil recorded a 4-0 victory over Serbia to put the holders atop the group. They beat Japan 1-0 in the final game to get a perfect 9 and end any hopes of the Asian team getting through the group. Serbia beat Egypt 2-0 anyway.

The favourites for Group B were France, although Cameroon and Paraguay existed in the form of challengers. The unfortunates of the group would surely by Slovenia.

France got off to a good start, as expected, and took the top of the group with a 2-0 victory over Slovenia. Cameroon and Paraguay were matched, 2-2. In the second game, Slovenia recorded a marvellous win, beating Paraguay 3-0, while Cameroon played a goalless draw with France. The Africans won the group with a 2-0 victory over Slovenia on matchday 3, and France drew with Paraguay 2-2 to only qualify in second.

Group C was one tough group. The favourites would undoubtedly be Italy, but Mexico, Turkey and Uruguay were all very capable: any one of them could reach the next round in second place.

Uruguay took the group lead by beating Mexico 2-0, and went clear when Italy could only draw against Turkey, 2-2. The Azzuri, however, beat Mexico 3-0 in the second game while Uruguay lost to Turkey, 1-3. Turkey won the group by beating Mexico 5-2 while Italy could only draw against Uruguay, 2-2. However the Italians still took second by a point over Uruguay.

Group D would be a walk in the park for the Netherlands, with Croatia good bets to finish in second. With Saudi Arabia and Angola making up the numbers, there seemed little chance of an upset.

The Netherlands squeezed past Angola 1-0 while Croatia did the same against Saudi Arabia with a 2-1 win. In the second game, the Netherlands triumphed in a 5-goal bonanza, winning 3-2, and Saudi Arabia beat Angola by the same scoreline. The Netherlands completed their perfect 9 easily, thumping the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia by three goals to nil, while Croatia claimed second despite losing 0-1 to Angola.

Group E would be where British eyes were looking. England was drawn against Argentina, with Australia outside bets to qualify. Alongside them was Jamaica.

Australia got off to a winning start against Jamaica, 3-1, while England drew against the Worldís second-best team, 2-2. England followed this up with a second draw in the second game, 1-1 with Australia, while Argentina dismissed Jamaicaís chances with a 5-1 thrashing. However, Australia upset the Argentines 3-0 in the final group game to take the top spot. England finished the job over Jamaica with a 2-0 victory to move through in second spot.

Group F contained two strong teams, Germany, world number one, and Portugal, as well as South Korea for outside bets. Poor Colombia would surely be left behind.

Germany aced Colombia 2-0 in the first group game, while South Korea played out a 1-1 draw with the Portuguese. Columbiaís one hope of a point was against the Koreans, but they missed out by losing 0-1. Germany remained top of the group by beating Portugal 3-1. The final day brought two 1-1 draws, between Portugal and Columbia, which meant Portugal couldnít qualify, and Germany against South Korea, which meant the Germans topped the group but the Asians followed just behind.

Group G was the easy group. Ghana were probably favourites, but Belgium werenít bad either. Denmark and Iran would be looking to qualify past some of the weaker seeds in the competition.

In the first game, Ghana won 2-1 over Belgium, while Denmark and Iran played out a 1-1 draw. Denmark achieved a second draw, this against Ghana, in the second game, while Iran won 2-0 over Belgium. Belgium salvaged some dignity by beating Denmark 1-0 in the final game, but with the Belgians already out, all that did was end Denmarkís hopes of going through. Ghana won 2-1 to take top spot but Iran qualified in second.

Group H shouldnít be difficult for Spain, they were up against Morocco, Costa Rica and Switzerland.

Switzerland found it easy to beat Morocco 4-0 in the first game, while Spain edged past the Costa Ricans 3-2. Costa Rica could only draw against Morocco in the second game, and Spain and Switzerland also met a stalemate, 2-2. Spain lost out on first on goal difference in the final game, beating Morocco 4-0 while Switzerland crushed Costa Rica by three goals to nil.

The second round was drawn and the fixture list was full of big hitters. Brazil qualified first by beating France 2-0, while Serbia matched that score against Cameroon. Turkey edged past Croatia 2-1 while Italy lost out 0-1 to the Netherlands. The home nation hope, England, beat the world number one team, Germany, 2-1 to reach the quarter-finals. South Korea snuffed Australia two goals to nil. Spain and Switzerland were the last to qualify, the Iberians beating Ghana 5-1 and Iran losing out 0-1 to the Swiss.

Brazil made easy work of the Netherlands in the quarters, beating the Dutch 3-1, while England went out, once again, on penalties after drawing 2-2 with Spain. Switzerland progressed past South Korea 2-1 and Serbia beat Turkey by a single goal to zero.

The semi finals were tense affairs, both ending in 1-1 draws and going to the drama of penalties. It was Group H alumni, Switzerland and Spain, who won their penalty shootouts, forcing Brazil and Serbia to contest for third place, which Serbia then claimed 2-1.

Switzerland didnít put up much of a fight in the final, mustering 3 shots, only 1 on target and going a man down 20 minutes in, and the Spanish put them out of their misery by firing three goals past Swiss keeper Michel Kusunga. Tree (http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=worldcupstagesis1.png)

canvey!!
13-09-2008, 19:27
August: Transfers and Friendly

Jason Thompson rejected my second attempt to agree terms. I appointed Steve Burbeary as Captain and Carilho as vice-captain.

Friendly: Ten Ton FC 2-2 Rangers
Rangers dominated the match, and 6 minutes in we were down. But it was actually a player earmarked for selling, Chris Clarke, who scored our equaliser. Carrilho gave us the lead, but Rangers had worked hard for a result and they got one with a 67th minute equaliser.
MOM: Neil Connell (Rangers)

I put in a £1.5M offer for a Montenegrin winger (http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nebojsamijicprofilecz2.png). The bid was rejected so I made an enquiry. Newcastle won the Community Shield 1-0 over Crystal Palace. Club Brugge rejected the Mijic enquiry, so I offered them £3M.

In the next update we kick off for real.

Living_Legend
15-09-2008, 00:11
Southern Softies Pre Season update 2027-28(up to July 31st):

The board have commited to improving training facilities to "State of the Art" by September. Unfortunately, the council blocked plans to further expand the stadium.

When the youth intake came in, there was a very promising full back who I renamed as Living_Legend (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Living_Legend.jpg) I'll be keeping an eye on him in future seasons, he could make it in the Premiership when he hits his prime.

Considering the username of the last person in control of Danny Roberts, this was a coincidence. (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/JamesMatthews.jpg) Coaches claim he's Championship potential.

Pre-Season Transfers (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/SoftiesTransfers.jpg)

The transfer record was broken twice - first with Pacheco and then when Pallesen made his long-awaited return to the Softies!

Anziani (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Anziani.jpg)
Arevalo (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Arevalo.jpg)
Jose (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Jos.jpg) the second at the club, should they appear in the squad together, one will need a nickname!
Mude (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Mude.jpg)
Pacheco (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Pacheco.jpg)
Pallesen (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Pallesen.jpg)
Pedro (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Pedro.jpg)
Persoons (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/Persoons.jpg)
van Delft (http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn267/legend_dit/vanDelft.jpg)

Hope nobody's too upset at the players that have left the club.

Cristescu (broken finger) and Law (strained knee ligaments) will both miss the first month of the campaign.

1st pre-season game was a friendly away to Charlton. Things didn't start well when we went 1-0 down in the 7th minute. However in the following 15 minutes, two of the new guys - Mude and Pacheco both scored to give the Softies the lead. Charlton had a man sent off in the 43rd minute, and with the last kick of the first half Popov added another to Legends account.

In the second half, the Premiership side took their foot off the pedal and disrupted the flow of the game with numerous substitutes. On the hour mark Eder scored one more goal for the away team and it finished:

Charlton 1 Legends 4

After this a pre-season tour of Italy was scheduled with a match away to Cittadella on the 31st of July the last action of this report.

Perhaps it was jetlag, but the players didn't show up for this game. Conceded a goal after 18 minutes and despite having more shots, only half were hitting the target. The players couldn't keep the ball and it was to nobody's surprise when Legends conceded a second. Mude scored a free-kick at the death to give the impression to someone just hearing the result that this match was much closer than it actually was.

Cittadella 2 Legends 1

I'll try and get August through October reports done by Tuesday night.

bermybhoy
15-09-2008, 05:31
Good work Jimbo :thup: Good luck on the current season Canvey.

Just taken a quick scan through the last couple of weeks' posts - hope I haven't missed anything too exciting.

rlipscombe
15-09-2008, 08:42
Pacheco & Pallesen look good signings.... hoever i reckon Mude could well be a great signing for us. he looks quality!

JamesMathews
15-09-2008, 08:59
Sorry for posting the updates too big :(

Good signings, but I think some of the people such as Remon, Kysela and Felipe could have got very good in the future.

Mikel LUFC
15-09-2008, 14:41
Good signings, but I think some of the people such as Remon, Kysela and Felipe could have got very good in the future.

Agreed some very poor sales there tbh but the signings look very good.

Also how di you get the save game to work? for me it says it's damaged or unknown format

dafuge
15-09-2008, 16:15
Eder Nobre sold for nothing?

He was touted as the next big thing when I signed him.

JamesMathews
15-09-2008, 17:47
Eder Nobre sold for nothing?

He was touted as the next big thing when I signed him.

Think your scouts were lying:p

He would have never made the first team:rolleyes:

I now have two players named after me then:p

canvey!!
15-09-2008, 18:26
Sorry guys, I really don't think I will have time to do the rest of the season. I figured I could attempt it, but I reckon it would probably take me between another week or two and that's not a great situation. I haven't started the league campaign yet and there are still ~16 days left of the transfer window: I wanted to stop now rather than continue past the transfer window and limit chopper99's capability to sign players. I will upload the save file now. :(

Living_Legend
15-09-2008, 18:27
Agreed some very poor sales there tbh but the signings look very good.

Also how di you get the save game to work? for me it says it's damaged or unknown format

I regret Remon's sale but Felipe was's was taken out of my hands by the chairman.

Didn't do anything except load it as normal. Dunno why it hasn't worked for you.

dafuge
15-09-2008, 18:41
Think your scouts were lying:p

He would have never made the first team:rolleyes:

I now have two players named after me then:p

Maybe it was just because he was a bargain, the scouts rated him as 'good Premier League' potential. He probably wouldn't have got into the first team but I thought he would be worth a few million by now.

canvey!!
15-09-2008, 18:59
Ten Ton save game for chopper99 (http://rapidshare.com/files/145551454/Ten_Ton2_May_26.fm.html)

15th August 2026. Apologies for messing the system up. I don't mind if you remove me from the records altogether as if chopper99 did the entire season.

If there's any queries on the squad let me know, although I haven't spent all that much time with them. I put the notes on the symbols in Wallace's notebook and I haven't yet sent the non-EUs back to Belgium, so you need to do that.

Mikel LUFC
15-09-2008, 19:25
Didn't do anything except load it as normal. Dunno why it hasn't worked for you.
What did you open the file with?

Living_Legend
16-09-2008, 00:40
I saved it into my games folder and opened it in FM. :confused:

Mikel LUFC
16-09-2008, 06:33
strange it says it's either damaged or not recognized :S

chopper99
16-09-2008, 09:02
Ok Canvey, cheers. I'll download this and hopefully get started tonight.

Actually, does anybody mind if I go back to the previous save so I can have the entire pre-season and transfer window to work with?

Jimbokav1971
16-09-2008, 09:11
I think you should go back and use my save Chopper.

That way you will have the chance to work through your own pre-season.

rlipscombe
16-09-2008, 09:12
Ok Canvey, cheers. I'll download this and hopefully get started tonight.

Actually, does anybody mind if I go back to the previous save so I can have the entire pre-season and transfer window to work with?

sounds fine to me.....

chopper99
16-09-2008, 09:22
Ok, that's what I'll do then. Can't wait to get started on this one....

rlipscombe
16-09-2008, 10:31
good luck chopper.... do it for the monkeys!! :D

Jimbokav1971
16-09-2008, 10:35
Good luck Chopper.

Give us some screenies of the new youth players when they come through and highlight whoever the Ass Man thinks the brightest prospect is please.

chopper99
16-09-2008, 10:57
Good luck Chopper.

Give us some screenies of the new youth players when they come through and highlight whoever the Ass Man thinks the brightest prospect is please.

Will do Jimbo, Hopefully I'll have my first impressions posted tonight or tomorrow morning.

Watch this space.

canvey!!
16-09-2008, 18:54
I don't mind if you go back to Jimbo's save - seems you've done so anyway. I just figured for Russell McCombe's sake...

GazTheDoood
16-09-2008, 19:23
Go on chopper mate!

Frazza Pee
16-09-2008, 21:25
How long until my next shot?

Robert_296
16-09-2008, 21:28
I guess you are up after Chopper as Paul is now banned for a mnoth and said he probably won't be coming back anyway

Frazza Pee
17-09-2008, 17:09
Excellent.

Living_Legend
17-09-2008, 22:44
I'm really sorry but there is absolutely no way I will finish the season by the deadline. I'm only finishing September now. It's a combination of Being up at 6.30 am and only getting home at 8pm each weekday, my computer running it very slowly (I usually play medium database) and me not willing to give up opportunity to go out at all this weekend just so I can complete the season.

With regret, I fully withdraw from this project. For the record, this has nothing to do with how well/badly I was doing. At the end of September, the team are 5th in the league - Sunderland are on a great start to the season 19 points from the first 7 games.

Good luck to both teams (I can say that seeing as I am no longer afiliated to the Softies!)

Sorry to let everyone down.

chopper99
18-09-2008, 08:35
My first post and link didn't work work properly for some reason so it will be posted again below:

chopper99
18-09-2008, 08:43
First impressions:

My first look at the squad shows me that the future is fairly bright for Ten Ton. Thanks to Jimbo and those before him there is plenty of young up and coming talent in the squad. What I think the squad is lacking are players who will improve the squad straight away. So this is what I’ll be concentrating on in the transfer market, I’ll be steering away from future prospects as we have plenty, and only looking to sign players who will improve the squad in the short to medium term.

I’ll be playing a fairly simple 4-4-2 formation with no game breaking arrows and no corner shenanigans:

http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihultacticzn7.png (http://[URL="http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihultacticzn7.png")

I’ll be playing the same tactic and formation both home and away with no changes. I may make some changes during the matches depending on how we’re doing but in general my tactics won’t change much. Unless we start of really badly that is, at which point I may have to have a rethink.

So looking at the current squad the areas I feel need improving are the left side of midfield, central midfield and central defence. Although we have a decent number of centre backs I don’t think any of them are good enough yet to perform consistently at the top level. So firstly I’ll be on the look out for an experienced centre back who’s good in the air, after that I’ll want a good left winger. Finally I need an attack minded central midfielder to play as the more attacking of the two centre mids. We also need a new Keeper as the only first team keeper we have wants to leave.

The next thing I wanted to do was stamp my own training methods on the squad so I imported my own training schedules, developed in my Gateshead game. The training schedules used previously will remain if anyone wants to revert back to them after this season. Some intense, pre-season training is in order in the hope of ensuring the players keep their fitness levels up right to the end of the season.

So, it’s time to start pressing continue and scouring the globe for players willing to play for Ten Ton.

JamesMathews
18-09-2008, 09:00
The Link doesn't work:(

chopper99
18-09-2008, 09:02
The Link doesn't work:(

Try it now

JamesMathews
18-09-2008, 09:06
aye, thanks for sorting that :)

chopper99
18-09-2008, 09:09
No problem, I've had some trouble copying and pasting the link in from Word and for some reason it would not let me turn it into a hyperlink with a text description no matter what I did.

Never mind, at least it's working now.

chopper99
18-09-2008, 09:11
Just testing my hyperlinks now:

Test (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zhukovha4.png)

Hmm, seems to be working now despite me doing absolutely nothing different to the first time that I tried it. Strange.

dafuge
18-09-2008, 19:17
I've just updated the list on the first page and due to a few idiots getting themselves banned the lists are a bit short, particularly the Monkeys.

bermybhoy
18-09-2008, 21:28
Thanks again Dafuge. Well, this seems to be making slow progress at the moment, a lot of people changing their minds.

Remember that while a few people have been doing incredibly detailed reports of late, the updates don’t have to be so in-depth as to take more time than playing the game…if you’re taking part its primarily for your own enjoyment.

Surprised (well kinda, given those who were in front) to find myself next on the list again – hope the season goes well Chopper. I’m finding myself extremely pushed for spare time due to a new job, but I’m hopeful I can get a season done – I’ve never ever managed in the Prem on this version, so looking forward to it.

Am I alone in feeling that the announcement of the new game has curtailed a lot of people’s enthusiasm for the current one?

chopper99
19-09-2008, 07:51
Am I alone in feeling that the announcement of the new game has curtailed a lot of peopleís enthusiasm for the current one?

This could be one of the reasons for the drop in interest, but not from me. I'm still loving '08 and hoping to be involved in this challenge to the end (i.e until the Northern Monkeys win something major).

I'm currently writing my may update when I should be working so it should be up at some point today.

Jimbokav1971
19-09-2008, 08:48
I thought I was going to be busy with something else but this is now no longer the case so I am happy that dafuge has stuck me back on the list.

I don't think it's all about FM09 though.

Lots of people have just gone back to school/college/university after the Summer and I think that is probably the biggest factor in people having less time to spend on the game.

It hasn't been helped by a few guys who seemed keen getting banned, and maybe the in depth reports are putting other people off as they aren't interested in spending that long on the reports. People should not feel obliged to spend so much time on the reports, (but it is brilliant when they do). Playing the game is is the important part. I would even put my hand up to volounteer to do basic reports for anyone who dosn't want to/isn't interested. All you have to do is upload the save game in January and at the end of the season and I will have a look and do my best.

JamesMathews
19-09-2008, 09:19
I know that when I did it, I had nothing else to do so spent a whole week playing FM. :)

However it will be the only time I do it as I am off to uni soon :)

rlipscombe
19-09-2008, 09:24
i think you've summed it up perfectly Jimbo - people have less time etc because back at school etc. the forums are a lot quieter now during the day and that will be due to that. that's no good though for us people stuck bored at work with nothing new to read on the forums!! :D

chopper99
19-09-2008, 11:36
May Update:

May was mostly spent trying to sign new players to improve the areas of the squad that I identified earlier. So, much searching was done and a number of players were identified that I thought would strengthen the areas. The following players are my initial targets:

Keepers:
With Pontis Nordin unhappy and wanting to leave I was going to need a new shot stopper.
Ivanov (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ivanovjp5.png)- Iíve made this guy my number 1 target as I want an experienced keeper to play until some of the promising young keepers signed previously mature. Heís valued at £2.3m and this will be the amount of my initial bid, depending on peoples opinion of him I may go up to £5m or £6m for him.

Defenders:
The left side of the team looks to be a little lacking so this guy is one option as cover for left back - Santoni (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=santoniys1.png)
Although a little slow and not too strong the rest of his defensive attributes look decent. A bid of £3.5m has been made; I doubt Iíll go too much higher for this player due to his lack of physical attributes.

Moreno (http://img518.imageshack.us/my.php?image=morenofa1.png) is another left back who can also play in the centre of defence. Again heís physically a little weak so his valuation of £4.5m may be a little steep. Like Santoni Iím not willing to pay much more than his value.

Mark McGlashan (http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mcglashannh8.png) is a right back or right sided midfielder who caught my eye when I was searching for defenders. We have decent youngsters at right back already but theyíre attracting interest (more on that later) so a replacement may be needed. An initial bid to match his £3.2m value has been made.

I was hoping to find some decent centre backs but so far havenít really found anyone good enough who may be interested in joining our team.

Midfielders:
Central midfield is my biggest problem, particularly when it comes to attack minded midfielders to play in my tactic.
So with that in mind I was quite excited when I stumbled across Stevanovic (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stevanovicny5.png) who scout JPA11 JPP20 is quite excited about. Report (http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stevanovicnw8.png)
Heís a right sided attacking midfielder but he can also play in the centre so would fit perfectly into my tactic. Another good point is that his value is only £275,000 and the scout thinks heíll be extremely interested in joining our club.

Azamat Zhukov (http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zhukovha4.png) is a central midfielder with some decent attacking attributes. His values already £3.5m so again Iíd appreciate any input from others on how much they think I should be willing to pay.

Vinicius (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viniciusjf5.png) is a left winger who looks pretty good and who scout JPA18 JPP19 thinks is a lot better than Rasmussen, our current left winger and may be interested in joining our club Report (http://img366.imageshack.us/my.php?image=viniciusid0.png) Unfortunately heís already worth £4.5m so it may cost me a fair bit to bring him in.

So those are the players I would be looking to sign, all opinions are welcome. We currently have £20m to spend but I expect this to increase to closer to £30m at the start of the season.

Thereís been a lot of interest already in the following players:
Amaroso, Skala, Abraham, Rasmussen and Vernon so again opinions are welcome as to who I should let go and who I should try and hang onto.

In other news Carrilho has signed a new 3 year contract. Happy days.

rlipscombe
19-09-2008, 12:16
my opinions are:

- Ivanov looks pretty decent, although for someone his age i'd question why he hadn't played more games for his country. i wouldn't bid more than £5m. i might be tempted to keep on looking.
- at left-back, i'd say Santoni is probably over-valued. would pay no more than £3m. Moreno looks more like a CB to me, so i'd avoid him as a left-back.
- Stefanovic looks like a decent player. i'd make a bid for him definately.
- Zhukov looks a decent player, but not much more. again, i'd wonder about lack of international appearances.
- vinicius looks like a good winger. i'd definately bid for him, and pay upto £6-7m. looks good technically.

that's my opinions anyway. for what it's worth! :P

chopper99
19-09-2008, 12:37
that's my opinions anyway. for what it's worth! :P

As someone who's already played this save previously it's worth a lot.

My initial bids have all been rejected so far so i've upped the bids. My main targets out of those listed now are Vinicius, Stefanovic, Zhukov and Ivanov (as I'm struggling to find another decent keeper who's experienced and would be willing to come to the club). I'll be upping my bids slightly for the other players mentioned as well because I feel the club needs options and may lose some players in this transfer window, either because of the chairman interfering or because they're unhappy.

Jimbokav1971
19-09-2008, 12:41
Ivanov looks better than we currently have and as Nordin is keen to go I would look to sign him if you can't get a anyone else. GK is our main priority. Don't try to keep Nordin against his will. He had a stinker last season and almost took us down.

I don't like Santoni or Moreno. Physical ability is too important and they are not up to scratch.

McGlashan looks decent, (but again he is lacking in the physical attribute department). Right back & right mid are also one of our strongest positions. If the scouts think that he he has exceptional potential then he might be worth a punt but I would not be looking at him too much without that.

On the subject of scout reports, make sure you are getting 3 lots of reports, (from the same scout), on each player you are interested in. I have found that 1 report is next to useless.

Stefanovic is the first of the potential signings that I am really catches my attention, (although I would be keen on seeing a full scout report after 3 matches). His current position seems to be MC, although he can play MR, but I notice that he is left footed and wonder if he could be retrained to play on the left and solve our ML position problem as he seems more like a wide player than a central player. The fact that we seem strong in the middle but lacking on the left flank also backs that up.

Zhukov looks good, but I would be worried about signing him with a natural fitness rating of only 3 I would be put off signing him unless we were desperate.

Vinicius looks excellent, but again without a 3 match eport you have no idea if he would be granted a work permit. I certainly like the look of him though.

Amoroso wants to go and I think you should just look to get what you can for him. Anything over £5M + 50% would be ok in my book.

Skala was my first signing and I really liked him, but although he didn't perform too well in his first season, he has the potential to develop I think. I seem to remember though that he is not as dominant in the air as some of our more recently signed centre-backs. If we get good money fior him and he wants to go, (that is the key thing at the moment), then we should cash in just as long as we stick a 50% clajuse in there for later in the save. We should be able to find DC's of his sort of ability without too muvch of a problem.

WIth regards to the DC's I would decide how you want to play, pick who you want to be your #1 & #2 and then be prepared to lose the others as long as we make money on the deal and are looking to sign replacements as we go for a fraction of the price.

Abraham will be a star and his versatility down the right means that he should be kept on.

Rasmussen was signed as a utility left sided player, (where we were weak). We should keep him until we have signed a quality ML and a decent DL. He's not really up to scratch at the moment, (or wasn't when I left), but he is young and will improve so we should look to keep him until he is not considered a part of the squad.

Vernon was my skipper last year and played a lot of games but I didn't really like him if I'm honest. I wanted to play a deeper defensive line but he wasn't strong enough in the air and we kept conceding. In a dominant team where we boss the midfield then we can get away with playing the likes of Vernon and he would be a good player for us, but whuile we expect to be under pressure I think he is a liability. That's just my opinion though. He was also getting his head turned b other clubs so it would seem to make sense to cash in while we can.

Carrilho is God. Well done for getting him on a longer contract but don't kid yourself. I would expect him to in high demand come pre-season and you will do well to keep him past the close of the transfer window. When it comes to January, hopefuly he will have continued his goal-scoring exploits to such an extent that he gets some BIG bids and we can just cash in on him, (if he wants to go). You need to be constantly looking for replacemants for our strikers as I feel that they will be in high demand and I have learned the harsh lesson about keeping players at the club against their will.

If they are happy to stay then great, but as soon as they want out then we should just look to make sure that we get a big fee for them.

ps. Let's make the most of Canvey's work too. Russel McCombe was on my shortlist so should be on yours. I couldn't get him to sign as I think he thought we were gonna get relegated byt Canvey got him so he might be the answer to our GK problem. Have a look at him at least anyway, (remember 3 match scout reports).

chopper99
19-09-2008, 13:25
Cheers Jimbo, as it happens all the players are on 3 match scout reports, and no final decisions will be made until the full reports come in. However, I was so eager to get started and make full use of the transfer window that I've started testing the water for some players on the back of only one scout report, more will follow later.

Good point about McCombe, I've just had a look and he can be approached to sign for £1.1m so is a bargain. My only worry is that he's still only 21 and in my experience young keepers can be dodgy if relied on too much. Hopefully I'll be able to sign him and Ivanov and use a little rotation until McCombe's old enough to take on the role full time.

I'm like you in the fact that I never want to keep a player who wants to leave, I've had bad experiences doing this in the past. So I expect to lose some players this transfer window. I'd love to keep hold of Carrilho though, at least until January. But that will be difficult. I'm still on the lookout for more players and will keep you updated.

rlipscombe
19-09-2008, 15:00
yeah, i agree. if someone wants to go, then let them go and try and get a premium price for them. they won't perform, so won't play, and value will soon decrease....

dafuge
19-09-2008, 16:21
I've contacted Tilla about starting his season for the Softies with no reply, if he doesn't get back soon is roberto922 ready to go?

chopper99
19-09-2008, 16:45
Transfer Update:

I've had the following bids accepted:
Ivanov - £4m
Vinicius - £7.5m + clauses
Stevanovic - £1.4m

My slightly increased bids for defenders Santoni and Moreno were both rejected so I'll not be pursuing them any further.
I'd previously bid £5m for McGlashan andSunderland have come back asking for £15m plus clauses. I doubt I'll put any more bids in for this guy unless we lose players who already play on the right. My £6m bit for Zhukov was rejected and I'm currently undecided about him. I really need an attack minded MC but his natural fitness really lets him down, as Jimbo pointed out. I'll offer £7m for now and keep looking.

Sheff Utd have bid £1m for Pontus Nordin. I'm not bothered about a percentage of next sale clause for him as he's fairly old but I would like a bit more cash. I've negotiated the bid to £1.4m.

I've had a fair few bids already for Carrilho, all of which I've negotiated to £100m. Hopefully that will put people off for now. So far he's not unhappy.

I'd had a few bids for Amoroso and Abraham, all of which were rejected. Abraham wasn't bothered about the bids being rejected but Amoroso was. So when Aston Villa bid £4m for him I negotiated it to £7.5m + 50% of next sale.

I've also had bids for Rasmussen and Skala which I've negotiated to high prices as I feel they both have a future at the club. I certainly don't want to lose Rasmussen at the moment as I have little cover for the left side.

Jimbokav1971
19-09-2008, 16:50
Chopper. There is an old AMC on the way in, (from Africa I think). Have a look and see what you think.

I didn't play using an AMC so it wasn't an issue but he was available on a free so I thought he might help the next guy.

Cool that Carrilho isn't unhappy with you rejecting offers. Is he unambitious? I can't remember.

£7.5M + 50% for Amoroso would be cool.

chopper99
19-09-2008, 17:00
Carrilho's personality is described as 'Fairly Determined' The coach reports don't mention his ambition so I'm not sure. Hopefully he isn't.

The African guy is called Alan Warner and although he's described as a defensive midfielder he can play MC and has some decent attacking attributes for a 32 year old. He could be an option for that position.

chopper99
19-09-2008, 21:19
Bad news.

Wigan have bid £20m for Carillho and the chairman's accepted the offer. I may have to accept losing him, the search is on for a striker who can fill his shoes.

From the bids I had accepted Ivanov (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ivanovjp5.png) and Stevanovic (http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stevanovicny5.png) have agreed terms. Stevanovic is going to need a work permit so fingers crossed that he gets it as he looks as though he could be excellent.Vinicius has rejected a move to Solihull, leaving me still needing a ledt winger.

Aston Villa offered me £6.5M + 50% of next sale for Amoroso, which I accepted.I've offered him out for £7.5m + 50% in the hope of getting a higher bid. Sheff Utd matched my £1.4m valuation of Pontus Nordin so I accepted it.

Confirmed Transfers in:
Ivanov - £4m

Players awaiting a work permit:
Stevanovic - £1.4m

Possible Transfers Out:
Amoroso - £6.5m + 50%
Pontus Nordin - £1.4m

chopper99
20-09-2008, 09:59
June Update

The first piece of bad news is that Stevanovic's work permit was rejected. However, I signed him anyway as he's only 22 and looks to have excellent potential. He'll need to be loaned out to Belgium for a while though.

After offering out Amoroso Villarreal came back and offered me the £7.5m + 50% I was looking for so I accepted it and Amoroso decided to go to Villarreal rather than Aston Villa. Russel Mccombe (http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mccombecm1.png) Agreed terms, so I will now have two decent keepers to replace the outgoing Pontus Nordin who agreed terms with Sheff Utd.

The board have told me that they are going to upgrade the youth and training facilities, and that the work will take 3 months.

End of Season News

Carrilho is runner-up signing of the season.
Carrilho is voted the fan’s player of the year.
Season’s Best Eleven (http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihullmoorshistorybesyx0.png) (Overall (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihullmoorshistorybesqh6.png))

This season the Youth Academy produced 9 players, with Sean Green (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=seangreenpf4.png) being the pick of the group. The coaches say he has the potential to become a decent Championship left back in the future, so he’s nothing to get too excited about. But that being said he is the best youth player to come through during my reign so for that reason I will be changing his name to Chopper and optimistically giving him a ‘*’ after his name.

In other news Everton’s Pavel Leonchik (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mostlethalfinisherje1.png) was voted Europes most lethal finisher, I'm not looking forward to facing him this season.

The minimum expectation for the coming season was to attempt to avoid relegation. I told the board I would avoid relegation and for that they gave me a transfer budget of £24m and wage budget of £400k per week.

So far I’ve only managed to sign 3 players, and one of those needs to be sent abroad for a work permit. I still need to sign at least one player for the left and probably a central midfielder.

GazTheDoood
20-09-2008, 10:39
Chopper :thup:
Good work on getting the bids you wanted for Amoroso and Nordin, thats good news.

The two keepers, Ivanov especially are great signing, hopefully McCombe can be the stop stopper for years to come after a few years.

Stefanovic looks good too, pity about the work permit, but plenty of time for that to happen.

Pity if Carillho leaves, not only because i signed him, but because he was really good last season too.
If it's not too much to ask could I see Vychodil, Rosenberg, Ikonen and Pedersen, three of whom have the left the club.

Don't make it your main priority, but if you have a second :thup:

Jimbokav1971
20-09-2008, 10:52
Gaz. I thought that I had signed Carrilho until you just reminded me:o.

In fact I now seem to remember thinking he wasn't all that the first time I saw him:D.

Jimbokav1971
20-09-2008, 11:17
Chopper. Good skills on signing McCombe:thup:. (I think that Canvey deserves an assist for that one though).

On the sigject of young GK's, try to loan the 2 youngsters you inherited, (Bell & the Irishman), out as they have excellent potential and it would be a shame to not follow that through, (also they will be classed as "HG" in the future.

Sean "Chopper" Green looks decent and that sort of PA is better than we have had in the past so cool:thup:. With regards to the "*" after his name, that is usually reserved to hot targets and exceptional players. "***" is what I usually use for the best acadamy player, (but it's entirely up to you).

Evertons Pavel Leonchik looks decent, but nothing comapred to some of the other guys that you will come up against. I nicknamed some big German striker "The Beast" after he scored 4 goals against us, (I think).

With regards to Carrilho being on his way out, don't panic to much as you have a 17 year old English youngster good enough to be a first choice speedster, (can't remember his name, sorry), and in Kucernak you have a "big" striker good enough to lead the line. I have a feeling that there is even a 3rd striker good enough to be fighting for a starting spot but I can't remember now.

In terms of my last little bit of advice, the young DM's should progress nicely this year, the Fin and Brazilian DM's from last season should be in your thoughts, backed up with the likes of O'Rourke, Burbeary and "Rlip" who seems to perform significantly better than his attributes would suggest, (maybe that's a sign of some decent hidden attributes). We are strong on the right with the 2 Brazilians and the 2 young English utilities.

It will be interesting to see what sort of formation you favour as we don't have a quality AMC in the squad and have an abundance of talent on the right but are lacking on the left. I wonder would you consider "attack down right" as an option, playing a right winger on both the left and the right and have "swap position with" ticked for both, so in effect we will be tag-teaming their left back. Anyway, I am sure you have your own ideas. We have anb abundance of young talent in MC, (with the DM's coming into play), so maybe 3 in the middle might be the answer with maybe 1 up front and 1 withdrawn away and maybe 2 up front at home. Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there.

Good luck with finding the ML and keep an eye out for "Bandito" as he progresses;).

canvey!!
20-09-2008, 11:21
Chopper. Good skills on signing McCombe:thup:. (I think that Canvey deserves an assist for that one though).

Hooray, an assist! That's a good signing chopper, he was looking brilliant (and still is). It would have been a shame to not know how he would've done. KUTGW :thup:. I'm now sure I made the right decision in passing on the baton: I have very little free time at the moment and it would've taken me forever to complete the season.

KIU chopper :thup:

chopper99
20-09-2008, 14:17

Agreed, definitely thanks to Canvey for that one. He looks like he'll be excellent.

On the sigject of young GK's, try to loan the 2 youngsters you inherited, (Bell & the Irishman), out as they have excellent potential and it would be a shame to not follow that through, (also they will be classed as "HG" in the future.)

Cheers for the tip, I'll offer these two out for loan to give them some match practice.

Sean "Chopper" Green looks decent and that sort of PA is better than we have had in the past so cool:thup:. With regards to the "*" after his name, that is usually reserved to hot targets and exceptional players. "***" is what I usually use for the best acadamy player, (but it's entirely up to you).

Changed, didn't see the "***" bit when I was looking at your original notes.

With regards to Carrilho being on his way out, don't panic to much as you have a 17 year old English youngster good enough to be a first choice speedster, (can't remember his name, sorry), and in Kucernak you have a "big" striker good enough to lead the line. I have a feeling that there is even a 3rd striker good enough to be fighting for a starting spot but I can't remember now.

I have interesting news on Carrilho which will be coming in the July update ;). There are however two very good looking young strikers at the club already. Benoit (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benoitij8.png) and da Silva (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=silvatd0.png) are their names and they'll definitely be in the mix this season.

In terms of my last little bit of advice, the young DM's should progress nicely this year, the Fin and Brazilian DM's from last season should be in your thoughts, backed up with the likes of O'Rourke, Burbeary and "Rlip" who seems to perform significantly better than his attributes would suggest, (maybe that's a sign of some decent hidden attributes). We are strong on the right with the 2 Brazilians and the 2 young English utilities.

The finnish guy, Ikonen (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ikonendy8.png) looks decent already. He may be playing some first team action this season. Rlip has gone on loan to Aberdeen for the season so I'll still be looking for someone to play in the more attacking of the two MC roles.

It will be interesting to see what sort of formation you favour as we don't have a quality AMC in the squad and have an abundance of talent on the right but are lacking on the left. I wonder would you consider "attack down right" as an option, playing a right winger on both the left and the right and have "swap position with" ticked for both, so in effect we will be tag-teaming their left back. Anyway, I am sure you have your own ideas. We have anb abundance of young talent in MC, (with the DM's coming into play), so maybe 3 in the middle might be the answer with maybe 1 up front and 1 withdrawn away and maybe 2 up front at home. Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there.

I'll be using a basic 4-4-2 formation (there's a screeny of it in an earlier update) but there are some nice ideas there. I may experiment with some of them in the friendlies.

Good luck with finding the ML and keep an eye out for "Bandito" as he progresses;).

Bandito looks like he'll be a very good player. However, he's only 17 so I doubt he'll see much 1st team action this season. He's definitely a hot prospect for the future though.

chopper99
20-09-2008, 15:05
Ten Ton July 2026 Update

We start with an amazing piece of news. Carrilho has turned down Wigan’s contract! For now he remains a Solihull player.

My quest for signings continued, and despite not wanting to sign any youngsters I couldn’t resist signing Zsolt koncz (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=konczpu6.png) on a free transfer. The scouts say he has the potential to become a leading Championship central defender in the future, so at the very least we’ll make some money from him.

Apart from the players Jimbo had already secured I didn’t manage to sign anyone else before our first pre-season friendly on July 11th.

Pre Season results:

(H). Ten Ton 1 – 2 Wolves
Carrilho

(H). Ten Ton 3 – 3 Rangers
Carrilho (2)
Kucernak

(A). Ten Ton 3 – 1 Zottegem
Carrilho
Benoit
Lars

(H). Ten Ton 4 – 3 Liverpool
Carrilho (2)
Benoit
Kucernak

(A). Ten Ton 2 – 1 Carlisle
O’Rourke
Kucernak

Some good results in there, particularly against Liverpool who had Rosenborg in their starting line up. Unsurprisingly he scored against us as well.

After my fruitless attempts in May and June to sign a left winger and an attack minded central midfielder things were getting a bit desperate. But that all changed when I signed two players to fill these positions. The first was Dominik Ogorek (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ogorekkg2.png), a £6m signing who can play left midfield or wing back. I’ll be training him to play left back as well so I see him being a really useful player. The second is Ivan Crnomarkovic (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crnomarkovicls1.png) a MC with decent attacking attributes. The scouts rate him and say he could be a good Premier Division midfielder, he’s still young so should improve.

My first league game is at home against Leeds on the 16th July. My preferred 1st team at the moment will be:

GK - Ivanov (http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ivanovjp5.png)
DR – Abraham (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abrahamnt4.png)
DL – Neil Sinclair (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neilsinclairbu9.png)
DC – O'Rourke (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=orourkezo4.png)
DC – Skala (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skalalz7.png)
MR – David (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=davidoj7.png)
ML – Dominik Ogorek (http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ogorekkg2.png)
MC – Ivan Crnomarkovic (http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=crnomarkovicls1.png)
MC – Ikonen (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ikonendy8.png)
ST – Carrilho (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=carrilhomf2.png)
ST - Tomas Kucernak (http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tomaskucernaknf9.png)

Due to me not managing to sign a quality DC O’Rourke will play in that position with Skala. Carrilho was always going to start but the loyalty he’s shown makes his place a lot more secure with two promising youngsters looking for a starting place.

In other news Matt Vernon is unhappy at me for rejecting bids for him. If I get a decent bid that's around 6m + 50% I'll let him go.

Jimbokav1971
20-09-2008, 15:50
I can't believe that I had forgotten about bothe Benoit & da Silva. They are both going to be quality and I'm sure there is a 17 year old English kid as well to give us 5 top quality strikers in the squad.

Carrilho turning down an offer to join Wigan is surprising as they are not like the Wigan of today. They are big hitters in the Premiership. He certainly seems to have an good attiude.

Zsolt Koncz looks average at best and Championship is no good for anyone but if he earns us some cash then it's a good decision.

6 goals in pre-season from Carrilho is hopefully a sign of things to come, and with Benoit and Kucernak al;so on the score-sheet it shows we should be able to cope even if we lose him.

Ogorek looks like just what the doctor ordered. Excellent signing:thup:.

Ivan Crno looks decent, but I'm surprised that he is getting picked ahead of some of the other guys available, (like Tales, O'Rourke or Burbeary).

O'Rourke being played at DC is sensible I suppose if you don't rate the DC's already in the squad. I thought that one of the Finns was the best available and I would have put money on you playing him with the other Finn or Skala.

Good to see that you are loking to get rid of Vernon though. Now he is going, who have you made skipper by the way?

Kucernak would get my nod to partner Carrilho too. He offers just a little more than the 3 youngsters who are all similar but not as good as Carrilho.

Lokking excellent going into the start of the season though.

Gk. Tick:thup:.
ML. Tick:thup:.
MC. Tick:thup:.

Job done.

chopper99
20-09-2008, 16:07
Tales doesn't have the attributes to play in the central midfield position I'm looking at and O'Rourke is looking good at centre back. Burbeary is a good defensive minded central midfielder who can also play at right back, so he'll be getting plenty of games rotating with Finnish midfielder Ikonen and right back Abraham. Events in August mean that Finnish central defender Timo Kiistala (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=timokiistalafj1.png) will get his chance to impress in the coming weeks. More on that later.

Left back Neil Sinclair was named captain and Burbeary was made vice captain.

dafuge
20-09-2008, 16:30
I've contacted Tilla about starting his season for the Softies with no reply, if he doesn't get back soon is roberto922 ready to go?

I've just realised roberto922 is on holiday for two weeks, moving down the list and dave safc is next up. Failing that, it could be Robert_296, Ridleys or myself next.

bermybhoy
21-09-2008, 01:37
I've just realised roberto922 is on holiday for two weeks, moving down the list and dave safc is next up. Failing that, it could be Robert_296, Ridleys or myself next.

You lot don't seem to have done anything for ages. I'd say, whoever of that lot is up for it, goes next. Who's it to be?

Robert_296
21-09-2008, 08:10
I'm up for it but I think we should still give dave a chance to post

dafuge
21-09-2008, 08:16
I'm up for it but I think we should still give dave a chance to post

I sent him a message yesterday but it looks like he hasn't been on the forums for a few days.

If it does come round to me again, I can complete a season over Friday/Saturday/Sunday, but there's a couple of people before me in the list.

Robert_296
21-09-2008, 08:26
You cn go before me if you want if you could get quite a bit done today because I've got quite a bit of work to do?

Robert_296
21-09-2008, 10:22
So what's happening then? Who's going to do this season?

dafuge
21-09-2008, 10:41
I'd prefer to start on a Friday, I can get it all done in three days that way. If I start now it will take me a lot longer to complete the season.

Since dave safc doesn't seem to be around are you ready to start?

Robert_296
21-09-2008, 10:46
yeah ok, I downloaded it about half an hour ago to have a look at the squad so yeah I can start now. How much do you think Snodin is worth? I've just been offered £6.5 million.

NepentheZ
21-09-2008, 10:56
Great pre-season, Chopper. Fantastic updates, too :thup:

Jimbokav1971
21-09-2008, 11:01
yeah ok, I downloaded it about half an hour ago to have a look at the squad so yeah I can start now. How much do you think Snodin is worth? I've just been offered £6.5 million.

2 bob;).

Mon the Ten Ton.

chopper99
21-09-2008, 13:17
Ten Ton August 2026 Update

League - Ten Ton 0 Leeds 0.

There was no separating Ten Ton and Leeds on the opening weekend. It was a very even game which was frustrating for both teams. O’Rourke was man of the match at centre back, he looks to be a good player in that position. The debut player all got a rating of 7 in an unspectacular game

League – Stevenage 2 Ten Ton 4.

Carrilho (11)
Ogorek (27)
Kucernak (78, 90)

When Stevenage took the lead in the 7th minute I started to get worried. But in the 11th minute Ogorek played a lovely ball in from the left which Carrilho dispatched with his head. But Stevenage went ahead on the the 25th minute after a mistake from Skala. But again we didn’t have to wait long for an equalizer, Ogorek smashing in a powerful shot from the left of the penalty area. It was an excellent way to get your first goal for a new club. And, despite Ten Ton playing the better football, that’s how it stayed until the 78th minute when Kucernak scored the first of his two goals. Both were headers and both were the result of O’Rourke set pieces, the first a corner and the second a free kick from the right. To be honest it was a very even game and the final scoreline flattered Ten Ton a little. Kucernak took man of the match

League – Ten Ton 2 Man Utd 2.

Kucernak (72, 87)

Man Utd were 2-0 up within 50 minutes and it took another late double from Kucernakfor us to rescue this game. Man Utd should have won this to be honest, it always felt like we were second best in the game. So with that in mind I’m happy with a point. Kucernak took man of the match, he’s scored some important goals already this season.

League – Sheff Utd 0 Ten Ton 0.

We were unable to beat ex Ten Ton keeper Pontus Nordin, although we didn’t exactly make it a difficult afternoon for him with only 3 shots on target. Sheff Utd went one better with 4 shots on target but all in all this was a forgettable match. However, this away draw means we’re still unbeaten.

League – Ten Ton 2 Fulham 0.

Benoit (37)
Carrilho (54)

With only 3 days between the Sheff Utd and Fulham games some fringe players were brought in to the starting 11. Benoit took his chance to impress with a long range deflected goal in the 37th minute and a Man of the Match award for his performance. Carrihlo wrapped up the points with a 54th minute tap in after good work down the right from David. There was bad news in the 65th minute though when Skala suffered a fractured skull. He’ll be out of action for the next 3 months.

The team remains unbeaten at the end of August and are currently 8th in the League.

August Transfers:

Matt Vernon was unhappy at not being allowed to move clubs so when a £4m bid came in from big spending Wigan I negotiated it to £5.5m + 50%. They agreed and he moved to Wigan at the end of August. It took Wigans spending to over £40m.

Rogerio (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rogerioyv9.png) Is a young Brazilian attacking midfielder or striker. The scouts don’t rate him that highly but for £50k he was a bargain so at the very least we’ll make some money for him. He’s been sent to our Belgium feeder on loan as he was denied a work permit, but he’s only 19 so 3 years isn’t a lot. With Neil Sinclair playing poorly at left back I was looking to push Ogorek back into that position. My mind was made up when I came across Belgian left winger Raspoet (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=raspoetug2.png). My initial £2.5m bid was rejected and after some back and forth we settled on a price of £7m. My scouts said he would be a good signing so I coughed up and brought him to the club in the last week of the transfer window. And with some more players labeled ‘SELL’ being moved on or released and some youngsters sent out on loan that was it. I’m fairly happy with my signings, and apart from DC I’ve strengthened all of the areas I was looking to strengthen.

Total Transfer spending - £31m (however £10m of this was spent last season so it didn’t come off this seasons budget)
Total Transfer income - £14.5m
Transfer budget remaining – £24.72m
Current Wage Costs - £345k p/w

dave safc
21-09-2008, 15:22
I wont be able to play for a while, so I'm more than happy for Robert to go now and then dafuge to follow him. I should be ok to follow dafuge :thup:

minisav
21-09-2008, 16:16
To save me going through the whole thread where are each of the teams league wise and what achievements have been made?

dafuge
21-09-2008, 16:25
To save me going through the whole thread where are each of the teams league wise and what achievements have been made?

Here you go (http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=677582&postcount=2)

minisav
21-09-2008, 17:06
Cheers :)

Well done everybody. :D

canvey!!
21-09-2008, 18:12
Good start to the season chopper :thup:.

chopper99
21-09-2008, 19:37
Ten Ton September 2026 Update

League Cup - Ten Ton 5 Colchester 0.

Da Silva (16, 45, 90)
Gustavo (42)
Carrilho (72)

The youngsters were thrown on to play League 1 Colchester. And they did a great job, helped out a lot by Colchester’s centre back Matthew Conner who was sent off just before half time for aiming a kick off the ball at Benoit. At this point we were already 2-0 up after an early Da Silva header and a lovely low strike from young right winger Gustavo. And when Da Silva got his second on the stroke of half time it was game over. Carrilho came on in the 65th minute for a cameo and scored just 7 minutes later. Da Silva completed the route in stoppage time, scoring his 3rd goal and securing the man of the match award.

League – Tottenham 2 Ten Ton 1.
Kucernak (21)

Confidence was high going into this game and when Kucernak scored a header in the 21st minute things were looking good. Tottenham came back strong but we held on to go into half time 1-0 up. Tottenham continued to dominate in the second half but still couldn’t find a way through, so they made a triple substitution in the 62nd minute. That was the turning point and just 3 minutes later Dan ‘O Brien scored with his first touch of the match. Another of the substitutes scored for Tottenham on the 71st minute and things looked like they were going to go wrong. They went even more wrong when Neil Sinclair got himself sent off in the 80th minute. Da Silva kept his place because Carrilho was suspended but he looked out of place, managing just 1 shot in the whole game. Perhaps after his hattrick in mid week he was being closely marked.

League - Ten Ton 2 Liverpool 0

Carrilho (24, 87)

Neither Pedroor Rosenbergmade the Liverpool starting line-up for this game. Carrilho was back from suspension and it was him that made the difference, scoring a beautiful long range chip in mid way through the first half and a close range effort at the death. The score flattered Ten Ton a little as it was a very even game wit Liverpool having a couple of good chances. But Carrilho’s class made the difference and we took the points to stay 8th in the league.

League – Wigan 0 Ten Ton 2.

Crnomarkovic (64)
Laaksonen (90)

Wigan had spent a small fortune over the summer but it wasn’t doing them much good as they were 16th in the league going into this game. However, an away game against them was always going to be tough. But after a cagey start we quickly began to dominate the game, allowing Wigan only 1 shot on target in the whole game. Despite that we weren’t really turning our domination into chances and it tool until the 64th minute for Crnomarkovic to score his first goal of the season and break the deadlock. Laaksonen added a second at the end from a corner to make the game look a lot less frustrating than it actually was.

That result saw Ten Ton finish the month in 7th place and still in the League Cup. But it had never felt comfortable and we’d ridden our luck at times. That being said it’s been a good start and Carrilho looks to be on for a very good season.

GazTheDoood
21-09-2008, 19:58
Fantastic work so far Chopper.

Would you mind giving me a screeny of the players i asked for earlier?

Also, i would comment more on what you've done so far, but Jimbo has honestly said everything I would.

And, Jimbo, I bought Carillho ;):D

JamesMathews
21-09-2008, 21:01

Hes the best left winger in the squad so more like 9 million I would say

Robert_296
22-09-2008, 16:11
Well I was a bit busy yesterday and got through a grand total of 3 days, but I'll hopefully do a month or two tonight

Robert_296
22-09-2008, 18:44
What do you think about Kjetil Petterson from Leeds James? They want £15/16 million but considering I'm selling Snodin for £9.5 million I'm not making a big losss. Uploading a screenshot as I speak

Robert_296
22-09-2008, 18:49
I was too late, kept trying ot get as cheap a deal as possible and they rejected my £15.5 million bid but accepted Pompey's one tha was £250K more and he signed ofr them

chopper99
22-09-2008, 20:20
Ten Ton October 2026 Update

League Cup - Ten Ton 1 Derby 0.

Carrilho (65)

This match can only be described as dull, with the teams only managing 3 shots on target between them. Carrilho came on from the bench in the 30th minute for the injured Benoit and he made his one shot on target count, tapping in a rebounded effort mid way through the second half. There’s not much else to say about this game, Carrilho’s goal earned him man of the match.

League – Ten Ton 3 Portsmouth 0.
O’Rourke (pen 26)
Laaksonen (34, 45)
Raspoet sent off (46)

This game was a lot less comfortable than the scoreline suggests. The referee made things easier for Ten Ton, awarding us a soft penalty mid way through the first half. Defender Laaksonen then beat his front post marker twice in 10 minutes to score two goals before half time, both from corners. But those 3 efforts were the only ones we’d managed to get on target. Raspoet had picked up a yellow card in the 7th minute for a trip, and when he went down too easily in the box just before half time the ref decided to send him off for diving. In the second half the only change I made was to instruct the players to focus passing down the right flank. Portsmouth didn’t take advantage of their extra man at all and we played out a dull second half that saw only 1 shot on target to take another 3 points and jump up to 5th in the league.

League – Blackburn 1 Ten Ton 1.

Benoit (81)

Blackburn hammered us in this game, managing 11 shots on target to our 2. However, it was looking to be a frustrating afternoon for Blackburn as the score was still 0-0 going into the last 10 minutes. Things then took a turn for the worse for them asBenoit, brought on just 10 minutes earlier, popped up with a goal. It was a fantastic counter attacking goal that saw Ogorek take on two players and then play a wonderful 45 yard through ball to send Benoit clean through. Blackburn looked deflated but they were gifted an equalizer in the 87th minute when O’Rourke’s concentration let him down and he gave the ball away in his own penalty area. The equalizer meant Blackburn at least got a point out of a game they should have won.

League – West Ham 2 Ten Ton 0.

Although we had slightly more possession than West Ham we never came close to making it count. Most of the players didn’t turn up and West Ham could have had more goals, they missed a penalty in 82nd minute. This was a match that I hoped the players would quickly forget.

League – Ten Ton 0 Newcastle 1.

Again we had more possession, but this time we looked like the team to make it count, outplaying Newcastle for much of the game. However, it was going to be a frustrating afternoon for Ten Ton. The Newcastle keeper and much of their defence got ratings of 8, and it was a centre back who scored the only goal, Newcastle captian David Telletxea leading by example and hitting a lovely shot into the top corner in the 31st minute.

At one time this month Ten Ton had been 3rd in the league, but those two defeats saw them drop to 6th.

The league table at the end of October looks likethis (http://img387.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetable31stoctgi6.png)

bermybhoy
22-09-2008, 20:35
Decent start Chopper. When do you reckon you'll be finished the season? I suspect that, unless it's tonight or tomorrow (unlikely), I'll be unable to get a season done immediately after you as I'll be away again for a week from this Sunday.

Therefore, it would be Dava up again next. If he confirms I'll switch positions on the list. Failing that Rlipscombe is currenctly after Dava. Again if Dava's done before I reappear, Rlipscombe should also feel free to go ahead of me.

chopper99
22-09-2008, 20:39
Fantastic work so far Chopper.

Would you mind giving me a screeny of the players i asked for earlier?

Also, i would comment more on what you've done so far, but Jimbo has honestly said everything I would.

And, Jimbo, I bought Carillho ;):D

These screenshots are on the way Gaz, I forgot about them earlier.

chopper99
22-09-2008, 20:40
Decent start Chopper. When do you reckon you'll be finished the season? I suspect that, unless it's tonight or tomorrow (unlikely), I'll be unable to get a season done immediately after you as I'll be away again for a week from this Sunday.

Therefore, it would be Dava up again next. If he confirms I'll switch positions on the list. Failing that Rlipscombe is currenctly after Dava. Again if Dava's done before I reappear, Rlipscombe should also feel free to go ahead of me.

I'll not be finished 'til probably Saturday if I'm honest.

GazTheDoood
22-09-2008, 20:47
These screenshots are on the way Gaz, I forgot about them earlier.

Cheers mate :thup:

Jimbokav1971
23-09-2008, 00:18
Looking good Chopper:thup:.

chopper99
23-09-2008, 12:37
Cheers mate :thup:

Imageshack's currently down so I'll get these uploaded once it's back up.

chopper99
23-09-2008, 13:10
Ten Ton Novenmber 2026 Update

League Cup – Man City 1 Ten Ton 0.

In a very tight League Cup game we actually had the upper hand, having 58% of the possession and 2 shots on target compared to City’s 1, and even that was a free kick. But one shot was all they needed, midfielder Txurruka bending the free kick into the top corner from the edge of the area. Despite having the most possession we never really threatened to get back into this one and are now out of the League Cup. Kucernak has also now played 9 hours of competitive football without scoring.

League – Crystal Palace 5 Ten Ton 2.
Da Silva (46)
Kucernak (65)

This game was already over when Da Silva scored just before half time. Palace were already 3 goals ahead by then and never looked like losing. The only highlight of this match for Ten Ton was Kucernak ending his goal drought in the 65th minute. Apart from that it was all Palace and their 5 goals didn’t flatter them. We’d now lost 4 games in a row and a couple of losses were quickly turning into a losing streak.

League – Ten Ton 1 Aston Villa 2.

Carrilho (51)

The slump continued in this game, which saw Villa go 2-0 up within 40 minutes. After giving the players the hairdryer treatment at half time we looked like we’d get back into the game in the second half. However, Raspoet was playing poorly on the left, the latest in a long line of sub-standerd performances. So Rasmussen was brought on at half time and it was his good work down the left that lead to Carrilho rounding the keeper and getting us right back into the game. At that point I was confident we’d get another but it didn’t happen, and frustrations boiled over in stoppage time with David getting himself sent off for kicking out at a Villa player. We needed to start winning some games soon, this latest defeat had seen us slip to 12th in the league.

League – Chelsea 0 Ten Ton 1.

Ikonen (26)

Rasmussen kept his place on the left and the team as a whole played very well, with a massive 60% of the possession. But goals were looking hard to come by and it took a wonder strike from Ikonen to clinch the victory, the Finnish midfielder slammed the ball into the top corner from 30 yards. Before this game Chelsea were one place above us in the League, so the three points helped us climb back up a couple of places.

So a poor month fortunately ended on a high with the win over Chelsea, although they’re not the team they used to be. This win saw Ten Ton finish the month in 10th place, but they would have been much lower were it not for their excellent start to the season. Next month needs to see an improvement but with games against top of the league Everton and 3rd place Arsenal up next it may be difficult.

rlipscombe
23-09-2008, 13:11
yeah, pretty good start chopper.

As for my go, we'll see if Dava wants to go next. if not, i'll play but probably wouldn't be able to do too much on it until middle of next week, as it's my fiancees birthday on moday and have a lot on over weekend and early next week. let's see if Dava wants to go....

Dava
23-09-2008, 14:26
Yeah I would like a crack in the premier league.

I am more than happy to go next, but if any first timers turn up I am more than happy to stand aside.

By the way, looking good so far Chopper!

rlipscombe
23-09-2008, 16:09
that's fine by me then Dava - you can stay before me.

bermybhoy
23-09-2008, 17:42
Ok Dava I've switched us round. Rlipscombe, we'll see when Dava's done whether I'm back or not (should be Oct 5 at the latest, maybe sooner), if I'm available I'd still prefer to go next, cheers.

Robert_296
23-09-2008, 17:46
Just os you know, I am plodding along with this and I'm in August now I'm just going ot do a report at the end of the month with transfers/pre season/September update

Robert_296
23-09-2008, 18:46
What do you Softies think about Pacheco (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Pachecho.jpg) as we don't really have a top quality CM who's main position is there. He is priced at £13.75 million so I thought I would check it out with you guys before I bought him

rlipscombe
23-09-2008, 19:44
Ok Dava I've switched us round. Rlipscombe, we'll see when Dava's done whether I'm back or not (should be Oct 5 at the latest, maybe sooner), if I'm available I'd still prefer to go next, cheers.

that's fine with me.

dafuge
23-09-2008, 22:31
What do you Softies think about Pacheco (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Pachecho.jpg) as we don't really have a top quality CM who's main position is there. He is priced at £13.75 million so I thought I would check it out with you guys before I bought him

I don't use MCs in my formation, I use a DM and an AMC, so I wouldn't need him.

chopper99
24-09-2008, 11:00
Gaz. I've only had time to get a couple of the screenshots you asked for, been very bust with work. But here they are for now, I'll get you the rest later:

Pedersen (http://img235.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pedersenbz7.png) - Hasn't had the best of seasons with Chelsea, who aren't doing that well in the league.

Ikonen (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ikonendy8.png) - Is starting to really push for a first team place and is starting to put in some eye catching performances. He's scored two stunning goals in the last month (after that screenshot was taken).

Mikel LUFC
24-09-2008, 13:59
I don't use MCs in my formation, I use a DM and an AMC, so I wouldn't need him.
Same but he looks quite good but I'm not sure how much I'd pay for him

Robert_296
24-09-2008, 16:15
:/ Carried on as nobody replied quickly and signed him. He's playing really well atm and fits perfectly into my formation.

Robert_296
24-09-2008, 19:31
As I'm not going ot be able to play Friday and most of Saturday I will be concentrating on playing rather than writing reports

Transfers

Kunkel (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Kunkel.jpg) - Signed as a left winger who is young and has most of the attributes needed for a winger. Possibly looking ot offload Snodin in January.
Munoz (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Munoz.jpg) - A good defensive midfielder who is definitely one for the future.
Pacheco (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Pacheco.jpg) - A central midfielder with a big price tag. Has looked worth it in the ames that he has played in.
Pedro (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Pedro.jpg) - brought in by the last manager, looks decent enough for the future
Wallington (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Wallington.jpg) - A teenage keeper who definitely looks like he could be a future number one.
Anziani (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Anziani.jpg) - Brought in by previous manager, looks very versitial.
Van Delft (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/VanDelft.jpg) - Brought in by previous manager, will be used as backup for Hoxha and Law

sirdez24
25-09-2008, 04:25
Wallington has terrible positioning and physical attributes for a keeper. Hopefully they'll improve.

JamesMathews
25-09-2008, 08:09
Kunkel loos very good:)

And I think Pedro was nrought by Mikel, not me :p

Jimbokav1971
25-09-2008, 10:19
Kunkel looks mgood but I wonder if his lack of flair will hinder his ability as a winger.

Munoz looks quality.

Pacheco looks good but is lacking a little physically.

Pedro looks very good.

Wallington gets the big :thdn: from me I'm afraid.

Anziani looks ok but nothing special, (saying that I would have bought him too because I'm a sucker for big U21 caps).

Van Delft looks good, just a shame that he's not 21ish.

Mikel LUFC
25-09-2008, 15:19
And I think Pedro was brought by Mikel, not me :p

Indeed he was. I wonder why you bought Wallington when O'Hanlon is miles better and the same age and Critescu is still only mid 20's and that Italian isn't bad either.

chopper99
25-09-2008, 16:24
Potential January Transfers:

It's getting towards the end of december and I've found these three player on the transfer list:

Derflinger (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=derflingerxz7.png) - David is currently our first choice right winger, playing reasonably well with a 7.21 average and 3 assists. But he's 30 now so a replacement may be needed until Carruthers has developed a bit more.

Izquiedro (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=izquiedrokq6.png) - This guy would be good as the attack minded central midfielder I've been looking for. However he'll cost around £12m of the £24m budget that we have left.

Ejiri (http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ejiriqx1.png) - Another attack minded central midfield player. Potsmouth want £8m for him.

I've sent my scouts had to look at all 3 but what are your opinions?

GazTheDoood
25-09-2008, 16:26
IMO, Derflinger leaves alot to be decided physically, Izquierdo is a little old to be paying that much money for and Ejiri looks really good and could become a club star if taken advantage of properly.

chopper99
25-09-2008, 16:43
Ten Ton December 2026 Update

League – Everton 3 Ten Ton 2.

Da Silva (pen 81)
Benoit (83)

After breaking our losing streak against Chelsea the last thing we wanted was an away game against top of the league Everton. Our cause was further hindered in the 13th minute when Carrilho was stretchered off with a nasty looking injury. We found out after the game that he’d broken his leg and would miss almost all of the rest of the season. This is a big blow for the club; he’s scored some big goals already this season and will be missed. The players seemed to be affected by Carrilho’s injury and Everton looked the much stronger team in the first half, their goal just before the half time whistle being well deserved. Everton came out strong in the second half as well and it wasn’t too long before they were 3-0 in front. If anything I thought Everton would score more but in the last 10 minutes Ten Ton came to life. After Da Silva dispatched his penalty Benoit added a second two minutes later, finding himself clean through on goal and calmly slotting the ball past the onrushing keeper. There were suspicions of off side, but the linesman was having none of it. The lads tried their best to find an equalizer in the last 5 minutes but Everton held on for a deserved win.

League – Ten Ton 2 Arsenal 0.

O’Rourke (pen 69)
Kucernak (83)

I’m very happy with this win. Arsenal were 3rd going into this game and our form had been a bit sketchy of late, but the lads stepped up and put in a good performance. The ref helped us on our way to victory, awarding us a dubious penalty in the 69th minute which O’Rourke put away. Rasmussen has been making the left side his own but it was substitute Raspoet who provided the cross for Kucernak to put us 2-0 in front.

League – Ten Ton 3 Bolton 0.

Kucernak (8)
Laaksonen (26)
Ikonen (50)

We followed up our good performance against Arsenal with an even better one against Bolton, who only managed 1 shot in the entire game and 40% of the possession. It was a mistake from the Bolton defence that led to the first goal, Kucernak intercepting a poor pass out of defence and slotting the ball past the on-rushing keeper. With Carrilho out it’s now up to him to lead the front line, and he seems to be relishing the challenge. Laaksonen’s goal came from a corner, he lost his marker at the back post and slammed the ball home with a great header. Ikonen then wrapped up the points in the 50th minute, scoring another excellent goal from 25 yards. This goal would come second in the goal of the month competition and secure him the young player of the month award.

League – Wolves 2 Ten Ton 2

Benoit (9)
Da Silva (34)

This was a very even game with all the goals coming in the first half. With Kucernak picking up a slight knock in the last match it was down to the two young strikers to lead the line. Benoit started brightly, pouncing on a rebounded shot to put us in the lead. Wolves then equalized just two minutes later with a goal that looked suspiciously off-side. Da Silva then put us back in the lead, heading home a corner in the 34th minute before Wolves equalized again just before half time. The second half was a cagey affair that was short on chances, with just one shot on target coming from Benoit.

League – Leeds 1 Ten Ton 5

Benoit (20, 41, 45, 69)
Burbeary (85)

Leeds were rock bottom of the league going into this game, so I was expecting a win. Leeds didn’t play to the script in the opening 15 minutes though and had the better chances, almost going ahead twice. Our player got to grips with the game after that though and Benoit got himself a hat-trick before half time, the pick of the goals being the second where he skinned the last defender before burying the ball in the bottom left hand corner. Benoit got his 4th midway through the second half, heading home a Carruthers cross. That gave Carruthers his 3rd assist of the match to cap an excellent performance. Leeds got a goal back in the 77th minute but Burbeary completed the route in the 85th minute with a deflected long range effort.

At the turn of the year Ten Ton are 6th in the league, an excellent position for them to be in. The league table currently looks like this (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetableenddeclx7.png).
We’re 16 points above the relegation places so, barring a complete disaster, our Premier League status looks safe for another season. We might even make Europe!

canvey!!
25-09-2008, 16:49
A much better month :thup:. Of course there are disappointments, like the losing streak, but the fact that we are getting such good results against the 2008 Big Four is very good. I predict European qualification this season (no pressure, of course ;))
KIU :thup:

chopper99
25-09-2008, 16:59
A much better month :thup:. Of course there are disappointments, like the losing streak, but the fact that we are getting such good results against the 2008 Big Four is very good. I predict European qualification this season (no pressure, of course ;))
KIU :thup:

I've just had a look at the fixture list and we have a nice easy game next against 18th place Stevenage. But that's followed by some tough games against Liverpool and Man Utd. Our last game of the season is against Wolves, who are currenly directly above us. that could be interesting.

With Carrilho out for the rest of the season it might be tough to keep that European place, but Benoit's starting to play really well in his place.

chopper99
25-09-2008, 17:04
IMO, Derflinger leaves alot to be decided physically, Izquierdo is a little old to be paying that much money for and Ejiri looks really good and could become a club star if taken advantage of properly.

Carruthers is starting to play well on the right so Derflinger might not be needed. However, the initial scout report has just come back saying he would be a leading star for most premier league sides and a quality signing for us. For £5.5m he may be worth considering.

You're right about Izquierdo though, he is a little old to spend £12m on.

chopper99
25-09-2008, 17:25
Gaz, here are screenshots of the other two players you asked for:

Vychodil (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vychodilju9.png)

Rosenberg (http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rosenbergei1.png)

A few bids of around £8m have just gone in for Vychodil, so we may be seeing 20% of something soon. Although if we re-signed him for £8m it would actually only cost us around £6m. Interesting.

chopper99
25-09-2008, 17:37
More quick advice needed. Derflinger has agreed to join the club on £52k per week. The second scout report backed up the first and said he was a quality player. David, our current 30 year old right winger is valued at £3m but at present he isn't transfer listed and no-one's interested in him. Is it worth signing Derflinger for £5.8m and then trying to flog David for £2-3m?

Jimbokav1971
25-09-2008, 17:42
Chopper. Isn't Gustavo ready to step into David's shoes?

Jimbokav1971
25-09-2008, 17:45
I don;t want Vychodil back at the club even of a free. He made my season such hard work:mad:.

Jimbokav1971
25-09-2008, 17:50
Derflingers physical ability is awful.

I wondere if his low natural fitness rating causes injury problems which impact on his physical ability. I would be surprised if Gustavo wasn't better than him.

Izquiererdo looks excellent nut we don't want to be spending £12M on a 29 year old.

Taro looks a better choice for us at this stage. Better value for money and his age will allow us to still sell him oj for a profit.

I can't be;ieve that Carrilho has broken his leg:eek:! Gutted.

Good seaspn and excellent league position.

I kmow Carrilho was our best player but SC was akso our strongest position in terms of strength in depth so it shouldn;t cause too many problems.

sirdez24
25-09-2008, 18:35
The Japanese bloke looks a steal for what Portsmouth want, and at 25 should just be coming into his prime.

Not sure I'd ever consider a winger with pace, balance and flair all under 10 either.

chopper99
26-09-2008, 08:02
It seems that the majority do not want to spend money on Derflinger, so I won't be signing him. His physical attributes are a bit of a worry, but the scouts raved about him. That being said Gustavo has very similar attributes and is younger.

I really liked the look of the Japanese central midfielder from Portsmouth but unfortunately he turned us down. I think an attack minded central midfielder will remain my priority for the transfer window at the moment, but if they're not considerably better than the players we already have then I won't be buying them.

chopper99
26-09-2008, 08:04
I don;t want Vychodil back at the club even of a free. He made my season such hard work:mad:.

Ahh yes, I'd forgotten about his behaviour while you were manager. For that reason alone he won't be getting brought back to the club.

Jimbokav1971
26-09-2008, 08:44
Chopper. I know that Carrilho is injured, but we also have considerable strength even without him in Kucernak, Benoit & da Silva, (& a young Brazilian FC whose name I can't remember). I haven't heard a mention of Mark Richardson, (a teenager valued at £7.5M last season), and wonder if you have any plans for him? Will he be played in Cup matches or used from the bench or simply loaned out?

It would be a shame to see him stagnate in teh Reserves.

ps Thanks for not getting Vychodil back in.

chopper99
26-09-2008, 08:54
Jimbo Kucernak, Benoit & da Silva are all playing very well in Carrilho's place. Benoit has become first choice to partner Kucernak with da Silva coming in from the bench mostly.

Mark Richardson has been loaned out for the season (I'm at work at the mo so can't remember who he's loaned to). When I saw him it was obvious he had talent, but with 4 good strikers already at the club I decided to send him on loan to play some first team games.

There's also Bandito to come through in the future so the striker positions are sorted for a while to come I'd say. Also Laaksonen has been a revelation at the back since Skala got injured. His attributes have shot up this season and he already looks like a top class defender. He's now the first choice partner for the excellent O'Rourke, who's played very well at centre back. I'll post a screeny of Laaksonen later when I get home.

Jimbokav1971
26-09-2008, 09:32
Cool. Glad Richardson has been loaned out in fact, (doesn;t really matter who to).

Laaksonen had already become my #1 DC at the end of last season and it was only really a question of who to partner him with. I think that I was edging towards the other Finn nearing the end, but if you have decided that you want O'Rourke to play at the back then it's a done deal.

With Laaksonen & Ikonen looking like they are going to be an important part of our future, it was part of the reason that I was looking at the other young Finns to fill in at the "spare" positions like 2nd DC and ML.

Glad Laaksonen is your #1 choice to partner O'Rourke at the back:thup:.

chopper99
26-09-2008, 09:57
The other Finnish centre back looks good but in all 3 games I've started him he's had absolute shockers, making mistakes and getting 5's. Hopefully this is just down to inexperience and he'll improve. For the rest of this season he'll only be playing in unimportant games due to O'Rourke being so solid.

Ikonen is a regular in midfield now and is playing well, Burbeary and the player I brought in with the wierd name are rotating with Ikonen to fill both MC roles.

Carruthers has also now pushed his way into first choice on the right. After dropping David on the Right and replacing Raspoet on the left with Rasmussen the team has played a lot better as a whole.

chopper99
27-09-2008, 09:23
Ten Ton January 2027 Update

League – Ten Ton 3 Stevenage 1.

Kucernak (41, 58)
Da Silva (84)

Stevenage were in the relegation places going into this game, so after the 5-1 hammering of Leeds confidence was high going into this home game. But it was Stevenage who had the best of the early chances, with Ivanov pulling off a couple of fine saves in the first 20 minutes. But we soon started to settle into the game and Stevenage’s momentum was halted in the 41st minute when Kucernak buried a Rasmussen corner. After that it was all Ten Ton, and Kucernak could have had his second in the 48th minute, but his low shot clattered back of the post. It wasn’t long before he did get his second though, again heading home a corner. Da Silva made the game safe in the last ten minutes. Again it was a header, this time from another Rasmussen cross from the left. Stevenage got a goal back at the death but it was no more than a consolation.

FA Cup 3rd Round – Ten Ton 0 Liverpool 2.

Some fringe players were brought in for this game to give some first team players a rest. That may have been a mistake as Liverpool dominated from start to finish and were unlucky not to score more than their two goals. Ex Ten Ton player Pedro was excellent at the back for Liverpool, getting a rating of 8. Rosenberg didn’t feature in this game.

League – Man Utd 3 Ten Ton 2.

Benoit (52, 78)

This game looked to be over at half time, with Man Utd 3-0 up and completely dominating the game. I let the players know what I thought of their first half performance and they came out fighting in the second half, completely dominating the game and creating some good chances. But despite Benoit’s two goals Utd held on for the win.

League – Ten Ton 2 Sheff Utd 2

Laaksonen (30)
Benoit (70)

Sheff Utd were 19th in the league going into this match, so I was confident we could win it. But we never dominated the game as I’d hoped and twice had to come back from a goal down. We probably played slightly better during the match, but all in all 2-2 was a fair result

This month saw us fall one place in the league to 7th, which I’m still very happy with. With each month that goes by the chance of getting into Europe becomes more and more realistic.

January Transfers.

Players In:

After looking at various players it turned out that the ones I wanted weren’t actually interested in joining the club. And because I only wanted players who would genuinely improve the first team I ended up spending no money in January. I did sign on player though, Toni barroso (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tonibarrosoor3.png) is a young left winger who was signed on a free. He needs a work permit so had been sent to Belgium, at the very least we’ll make some money off him in a few years.

Players Out:

Neil Sinclair had been playing poorly all season, so when Man Utd bid £2m for him I took it. He’d not played much first team football recently, with Ogorek playing very well in his place at left back.

And that was it for January, one player out and one in on a free. In other news ex Ten Ton player Pedro moved to Valencia for £15.5m. His 50% sell on clause means we received £5.5m of the transfer, plus another £2.2m over the next 18 months. This means the club has a current transfer budget of £30m for the next person to play with.

chopper99
27-09-2008, 10:42
Ten Ton February 2027 Update

League – Fulham 1 Ten Ton 2.

Kucernak (44, 75)

Fulham were all over the place at the start of this game, with only their keeper stopping us taking the lead on numerous occasions. But surprisingly it was Fulham who took the lead against the run of play with Mark Wade tapping in a deflected effort in the 23rd minute. Kucernak turned things around just before the break, powering in yet another header. He then wrapped up the game in the 75th minute, scoring with his head again, this time from a Raspoet cross which gave us a well deserved 3 points.

League – Liverpool 4 Ten Ton 1.

Benoit (62)

The first real action of this match saw Abraham injuring his ex-team mate Rosenberg. Unfortunatelyit wasn’t enough to take him out of the game and it was Rosenberg who opened the scoring in the 18th minute. The rest of the first half was a disaster for Ten Ton as Liverpool scored another 3 goals to go into the break 4-0 up. Liverpool switched off a bit in the second half and we got back into the game a little. But despite Benoit’s goal we never looked like getting any points from the game.

League – Ten Ton 4 Tottenham 2.

Kucernak (3, 31)
Benoit (11)
Laaksonen (61)

A great start the game saw us go 2-0 up inside 12 minutes. Tottenham pulled one back in the 28th minute after Laaksonen turned a free kick into his own net but Kucernak scored his second a couple of minutes later to take the lead back to two goals. Laaksonen atoned for his earlier mistake by heading in a corner and despite Tottenham pulling another goal back we were comfortable winners.

League – Ten Ton 2 Wigan 1

Ogorek (34)
Kucernak (68)

We dominated this game against struggling Wigan, who are just 1 point outside the relegation places in 17th. Ogorek opened the scoring, curling in a free kick from the edge of the area. Kucernak scored a rare goal with his foot, bending a lovely shot into the top corner from 25 yards. It was a goal that would come 3rd in the goal of the month awards and despite Wigan getting a late goal we never looked like losing.

A decent month saw us climb back up to 6th. More interestingly we’re only 3 points behind 3rd place Arsenal, and 4 points ahead of 8th place Tottenham. So it’s still all to play for. The league table currently looks like this. (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetableendfebhh8.png)

chopper99
27-09-2008, 11:58
Ten Ton March 2007 Update

League – Portsmouth 3 Ten Ton 1.

Ikonen (90)
Benoit sent off (11)

Portsmouth were one place and one point ahead of us going into this game so a win would be a big boost for both clubs. Benoit made the task very difficult when he got himself sent of after only 11 minutes. There can be no complaints, he elbowed a Portsmouth player in the face so his wages will be a little light this month. After that it was a much easier game for Portsmouth and they were two goals in front by the 65th minute. Things went from bad to worse after that for Ten Ton. A minute after making my third and final substitution on 70 minutes, Abraham was injured and had to come off; leaving us to play the rest of the match with 9 men. Portsmouth scored again a minute later and despite Ikonen’s late goal this goes down as a bad day. Fortunately Abraham will only be out for a week, we’ve yet to find out the extent of Benoits punishment.

League – Ten Ton 1 Blackburn 3.

Ikonen (65)

We actually outplayed Blackburn in this game, and this was reflected by the fact that it was Blackburn’s keeper who picked up the man of the match award. But it was Blackburn who made the most of their chances and they were 2-0 up by the 52nd minute. When Ikonen scored again from midfield it looked like we’d get back into the game. But it didn’t happen and Blackburn wrapped things up with a stoppage time goal.

League – Ten Ton 5 West Ham 0.

Da Silva (8, 41, 67)
Kucernak (26)
Laakonsen (51)

Our dip in form was overturned in this game with a fantastic performance against West Ham. Da Silva was back in for the still suspended Benoit and he had a cracking game, scoring a hat-trick. Goals form Kucernak and Laakonsen ensured it was a route and kept us in the running for Europe with another three points.The only downside to this game was an injury to Crnomarkovic who will be out for a month with a sprained ankle.

The victory at the end of the month kept us in 6th. But the clubs below us made some ground while those above pulled a little way ahead. The league table currently looks like this. (http://img218.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetableendmarchjk6.png) We were offered a place in the Euro Vase which I accepted; now we need to finish at worst 8th to have a chance of getting into Europe.

In other News Wallace is getting noticed and has this month been offered the West Ham and Leeds jobs. Both were refused, obviously, and at the end of the month he was linked with the recently vacant Liverpool position. The board were delighted when Wallace distanced himself from the job, saying he wasn’t interested.

Jimbokav1971
27-09-2008, 12:05
Looking good Chopper.

Are you looking to target sonme of the better plyers at the clubs getting relegated?

Leeds in particular had vsome that might be worth a look.

Dava
27-09-2008, 12:20
Great going Chopper, only 3 points off 3rd!!!

A european place would be a great achievement, even through the Euro Vase.

Good luck mate.

chopper99
27-09-2008, 13:55
Looking good Chopper.

Are you looking to target sonme of the better plyers at the clubs getting relegated?

Leeds in particular had vsome that might be worth a look.

Good idea, I hadn't actually thought of that. I'll have a look round them now and see who might be available.

canvey!!
27-09-2008, 13:59
A great result against West Ham there to retain 6th. A good a month as could have been expected. KIU, chopper :thup:

GazTheDoood
27-09-2008, 18:52
Chopper, things are going fantastic mate, KUTGW.
Europe would be a great achievement.

roberto922
27-09-2008, 21:17
I should be able to play sooner with the Southern Softies, where am I on the list atm?

rlipscombe
27-09-2008, 21:18
looking good chopper - keep it up! fingers crossed...

bermybhoy
27-09-2008, 22:48
Yeah doing brilliantly Chopper. Europe would be great.

dafuge
28-09-2008, 08:40
I should be able to play sooner with the Southern Softies, where am I on the list atm?

The list is in the second post in the thread, there's been quite a bit of reshuffling in the softies list recently as we have tried to find someone who could complete a season.

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 08:51
Mid season update to come this morning. Sorry this has been a bit slow, went out quite a bit this weekened

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 09:37
Softies mid season update

The first half of the 2027/28 season hasn't been the greatest. In the league (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Softiesleaguetable-1.jpg), we are 7th but with just over half the season gone we are only 3 points off fourth place. We have only lost 3 games this season but the problem seems to be that we draw way too many games, a lot fo the time from winnning positions. We also got knocked out of the league cup third rond to Portsmouth 3-1 and we have Blackburn in the third round of the FA cup.

We didn't get the best draw in the champions league (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Softieschampionsleague.jpg) but it could have been far, far worse. Real Madrid, CSKA Moscow and Olympiakos were the teams that we were drawn with and I was hoping to beat the latter two and hopefully knick something off Real Madrid. The group started well winning 2-1 comfortably against CSKA Moscow until we travelled to Spain with a game with 9 goals in it, Real Madrid had took it to 4-2 but when we equalised I was delighted until they scored straight from the kickoff. We then proceeded ot win every game left in the group including another highscoring 6-3 against Real Madrid putting us top of the group by 2 goals.

The players (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Softiessquad-4.jpg) have been playing reasonably well with basically all of the first XI getting an average rating of 7 or above. Emiliano Hoxha has been the star performer with just under a goal per start and an average rating of 7.48. Sean Law and Daniel Pacheco have also been playing well and will hopefully, along with a few more of or players, push us up into the champions league places.

Also a question for people like Nep and chopper. How the hell do you write so much? :D

dafuge
28-09-2008, 09:53
Is Holomek looking like he is ready for the first team yet? He was really highly rated when I signed him as a youngster, I'd be interested to hear of my scouts/coaches were right.

Nice work in the CL, hopefully they can push for 4th in the league so we get another season of CL football.

The Hox is :cool:

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 09:59
he is indeed :cool: He's out on loan atm. I'll have a look now. Felipe won't accept a new contract. Should I sell him for £3.4 million and 20% of next sale. He looks really good but just won't sign

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 10:12
Felipe's (http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/robert_29694/Felipe.jpg) profile in case you haven't seen it

dafuge
28-09-2008, 10:17
He looks pretty good, how long has he got left on his contract and what do the coaches/scouts say about his potential?

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 10:20
It's running out at the end of the season. That's why I'm asking becuase if I cancel this and he rejects my offer then he'll be going on a free. They say he'll be a leading plremiership player in the future. He rejected a contract just before he accepted this one btw

dafuge
28-09-2008, 10:23
What are the club's finances like? It might be worth gambling on him signing a new deal.

If he left on a Bosman, would the club get compensation? I can never remember the conditions needed.

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 10:33
The balance is just under £70 million. You don't get any compensation for going at the end of your contract iirc but I'll gamble on him anyway. A few players have already announced they are leaving the club at the end of the season such as Kysela.

chopper99
28-09-2008, 10:35
Softies mid season update

Also a question for people like Nep and chopper. How the hell do you write so much? :D

Not easily, I just make notes as I go and then expand on them a bit in the reports. Luckily I had a couple of days off work last week, otherwise my updates would have been a lot shorter.

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 12:23
Hoxha injured for one ot two months after he just returned from injury :mad:

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 13:48
1 win in 7 games then ffs /o\

Robert_296
28-09-2008, 19:43
The Hox is back :cool: After 2 ,months out injured he can back for the 6th round replay against Spurs in the FA cup and scored in th 46th minute ot make us 1-0 up, they equalised but thenm he scored in the last minute of injury time :cool: (and now he's scored 4 before half time against Reading) Felipe signed a contract aswell because I've been playing him most of the time onw

chopper99
29-09-2008, 16:17
Ten Ton April 2007 Update

League Ė Newcastle 4 Ten Ton 2.

Da Silva (9)
Kucernak (39)
OíRourke sent off (78)

Reigning champions Newcastle were top of the league going into this away game so were always going to be tough opponents. And although it started brightly withDa Silva putting us in the lead early on we were outplayed by Newcastle. That being said Kucernak put us back in the lead before half time, with Newcastle not managing to equalise until the 68th minute. At that point I thought we might get a point but then OíRourke got sent off for arguing with the assistant over Newcastleís third goal, which did look offside. It was his second yellow and we were down to ten men. After that it was all Newcastle and they scored one more late on to make the score look a lot worse.

League ĖTen Ton 2 Chelsea 3.

Da Silva (Pen 21)
Kucernak (30)

Chelsea had been underperforming this season and were down in 14th. At half time we were 2-1 ahead and looking good, with Da Silva and Kucernak again scoring a goal each. However, Chelseaís manager must have said something to them at half time as they came out and scored two goals without reply in the second half. Iím disappointed with this defeat as we outplayed Chelsea throughout the game and should have won.

League Ė Aston Villa 1 Ten Ton 0.

Ogorek sent off (48)

After the defeat to Chelsea we were away to Aston Villa, who had recently overtaken us and now occupied 7th place. This was to be another frustrating game which would again be marred by discipline problems. Villa went ahead in the 37th minute from a free kick. We were creating chances and I was encouraging at half time, confident the team would get at least one goal back. But it all went wrong just after half time, with Ogorek picking up a second yellow card for shirt pulling and becoming the second Ten Ton player to be sent off in three games. After that their was no way back and Villa defended their one goal lead to take the points.

League Ė Arsenal 2 Ten Ton 0.

After a third defeat in a row we went to third place Arsenal needing some points to halt our slide down the table. But it wasnít to be, and despite matching Arsenal for possession and chances we didnít make ours count. Weíd now slipped to 10th in the league and needed to start putting some points on the board to have any chance of making Europe

League ĖTen Ton 2 Crystal Palace 4.

Benoit (31, 80)

Earlier in the season Palace put 5 goals past us when we visited their ground. So with them one place above us we were hoping for some revenge. But the first 10 minutes were a disaster and before the players knew what was happening they were 3-0 down, Palace scoring in the 4th, 6th and 8th minutes. Despite Benoitís goals there was no way back and Palace rubbed salt in the wounds by scoring a 4th in the 70th minute.

A disastrous month saw us slip 6 places in the league to 12th. Weíve got three games left and are currently 6 points off 7th place and an automatic European entry. Itís going to be difficult, our three remaining games are against the following teams, with their current league position in brackets:

Everton (2nd)
Bolton (15th)
Wolves (8th)

Dava
29-09-2008, 17:38
Unlucky Chopper, really frustrating when you hit a sticky patch.

chopper99
29-09-2008, 18:40
Ten Ton May 2007 Update

League – Ten Ton 2 Everton 3.

Kucernak (71, 72)

After a very bad month last month the last thing we wanted was to play 2nd place Everton.Ogorek didn’t help our cause when he headed an Everton corner into his own net in the 20th minute. Everton then went 2-0 in front mid way through the second half and despite Kucernak getting two goals in a minute to get us back in the game Everton finished us off 5 minutes before the end of the game. Not the start to the month I needed.

League –Bolton 4 Ten Ton 2.

Kucernak (29, 57)

We were looking to turn our form around and two wins in our last two games could still see us in 8th, but it would need a miracle for all other results to go our way. And who better than 15th place Bolton to play when you need some points? Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to matter who we play at the moment our luck won’t hold. This was all to evident in the 10th minute when Bolton scored from a goal kick, the keepers long hoofed ball bouncing over Ivanov and into the net. I had to laugh, or I may have cried. Kucernak did his best to get us something out of the game scoring another two goals but Thomas Dudgeon’s hat-trick put an end to any chance of European competition and sent us down to 13th place.

League –Ten Ton 7 Wolves 3.

Kucernak (1, 5, 24, 82)
Laaksonen (9)
Benoit (11)
Carrilho (69)

The players finally decided to turn up in this match and Wolves were completely overwhelmed in the first 10 minutes. It tookKucernak only 24 seconds to score the first, pinching the ball off a Wolves defender and powering it home. We’d go on to score another three goals before 11 minutes was up and then go 5-0 in front by the time 25 minutes came round. I then started to worry when Wolves scored 3 goals in relatively quick succession to make it 5-3 but Kucernak was determined not to lose this game and made sure with his 4th goal. Carrilho marked his first game back after a long injury with a goal, only 9 minutes after coming on. How different could things have been if he’d been fit all season.

So what an up and down season it’s been. The win against Wolves saw us move above now managerless Chelsea into 12 place. If someone had offered me 12th place at the start of the season I might have taken it. But going into April we were 6th in the league and looking good for Europe, only an amazing run of 7 losses in a row saw us so low down. So for that reason I’m quite disappointed to finish 12th. Despite the poor run in April Chelsea saw Wallace as the man to improve their fortunes, offering him the job with just one match remaining. Naturally it was turned down.

So that brings my season to a close, I’ve really enjoyed it and wish whoever’s next the best of luck. The teams just going to get better and better as the youngsters improve. I’ll leave you with some screenshots and the save game:

Final League Table (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leaguetableendseasonxe9.png)

Squad (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=squadoverviewng1.png)

Confidence (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=confidencevz1.png)

Club Information (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=informationgq9.png)

Save Game (http://community.sigames.com/a%20href=%22http:/www.filefactory.com/file/8fca58/n/Ten_Ton2_May_27_fm%22%3eTen_Ton2_May_27.fm%3c/a%3e%3cbr%20/)

Dava
29-09-2008, 18:45
Great stuff Chopper, I think 12th is a really big step forward for the club.

I think i'm next but the SAVE GAME link doesn't appear to work?

A quick summary of players to keep would be much appreciated.

canvey!!
29-09-2008, 18:47
Save File (http://www.filefactory.com/file/8fca58/n/Ten_Ton2_May_27_fm). You have to look for it in the URL.

Dava
29-09-2008, 18:49
cheers buddy.

chopper99
29-09-2008, 18:55
Cheers for tidying up that link Canvey.

Good luck Dava, the save starts the day after my season ended so you've got plenty of time to look for players and stuff.

I forgot to request an upgrade to the training and youth facilities at the end of the season so you might want to do that straight away.

Dava
29-09-2008, 20:14
Got the save and looking at the team I will have to play a 442, for the first time in FM08. I am really impressed with the standard, however the central defense and midfield will be my key areas for improvement.

I will take everybodies advice when it comes to player sales but not so on player signings (cba to post tons of screenshots). I am already trying to sign alot of bosmans purely to improve the back-up in defense and midfield.

Dava
29-09-2008, 20:24
bah, some real worldclass bosmans, just none of them want to go to us.

Makes sense as to why Chopper hadn't snapped them up earlier. Hopefully a few will be free transferred.

Ridleys
29-09-2008, 20:35
Could you move my name down the list a bit?

Won't really have time to play after Robert finished and will possibly not be available until school settles down and I get coursework out of the way.

Dava
29-09-2008, 22:42
Jones, Wallace & Trikis, all leading premiership players and definite purchases, willing to discuss contracts, have been hijacked.

Really struggling to get better players through the door, 3 hours in and nobody has walked through the door.

I won't waste any money on players who I do not believe will improve my first 11.

Dava
29-09-2008, 22:54
Amoroso has moved on again, so we receive £4m as a sell on fee!

Dava
29-09-2008, 23:41
Few pieces of news:

- Arsenal have signed fromer player Pederson for £34.5million
- Abraham has put in a transfer request to move to a bigger club
- Liverpool continue to buy all the 'world class' players who want to join us (just cos I turned the managers job down)
- We have a Chinese feeder club!
- I have finally bought a few good players! but i'm still only mid-july.

Screenshots and a transfer summary to come when I get closer to playing a game

chopper99
30-09-2008, 08:51
It is quite difficult to attract decent players because of the clubs lack of reputation. This season will only be their third ever in top flight football so as of yet they won't have had that much of a reputation increase. Also, most other clubs in the league will have better training facilities which won't help us when fighting for players.

I'm gutted Abraham has put in a transfer request, I think he'll go on to be a top class player. If I were you I'd hold out for a good price for him and make sure it includes a 50% of next sale clause. Recently relegated Leeds have a good right back who might be worth keeping an eye on if we need a replacement, unless he's one of the players who's already decided to go somewhere else.

Dava
30-09-2008, 11:18
I agree it is difficult and the competition is fierce. Every player I make an offer for, then receives a dozen or more offers, from teams offering european football. It has been very frustrating so far.

The players I have brought in I am pleased with, but I think what could of been on a few players I just missed out on.

Abraham, put in the transfer request but I have had no offers, his asking price is set to £20mil and 50%, if I get anywhere near that I'm sure the chairman will accept for me! There was a right back/winger called Simon Jones at Leeds if that is who you are referring to? I tried to buy him anyway for around £10mil but he choose Everton, who made a very very late offer.

chopper99
30-09-2008, 12:01
Yeah, Simon Jones is the man I was referring to, shame Everton have hijacked him.

The Solihull youth team is very good and there are a lot of good prospects in there in case you don't get all the players you want in. Striker wise there shouldn't be a problem as Da Silva and Benoit will both be excellent players.

Dava
30-09-2008, 12:27
Yeah haven't touched the strikers, never had any good bids either.

I have promoted a few of the reserve team members as first team back-up and renewed all the contracts of our best players.

I am really struggling to find a top class attacking midfielder (which I think was your trouble too).

chopper99
30-09-2008, 12:53
I am really struggling to find a top class attacking midfielder (which I think was your trouble too).

Yeah, this was something I found really difficult and in the end had to settle for Crnomovic (or whatever his name is) to play in the more attacking of the two MC roles.

There's a player in the U19 squad called Bandito who will most probably be good enough to play in that role in a year or two, I'm not sure if he's good enough yet though.

Dava
30-09-2008, 13:34
I loaned him back out, definitely one for the future though.

Jimbokav1971
30-09-2008, 15:04
Dava. What sort of % of Pedersons £34.5M did we get?

I know you're not keen on posting pics but I would be grateful if you could show us a pic of the best youth prospect promoted and a coaching report of our best coach/scout with JPP.

Abraham was ambitious and was always going to move on. I would manybe try and arrange the deal for the end of the season but just make sure that there is a 50% clause in whatever we sell him for.

I would suggest that if we are lacking in the AMC role than maybe you should start introducing Bandito from the bench to aid his development, (as it looks like he had potential world class ability). I know he is out on loan but if there is little difference between him and our other MC's then we might as well be playing him and getting rid of others. Consider aany time he spends on the bench an investment. I would consider starting him on the bench for home games.

I signed a lot of the talented youngsters at the club and did it mainly by scouting just 3 areas, South America, Scandinavia & UK.

South America seems to be good for picking up dirt cheap players with high potential, (da Silva, Gustavo & Tales).

Scandinavia seems good for signing decent if unspectacular squad players, (Ikonen, Laaksonen, (2 other Finns) & Kucernak.

UK we are really restricted to signing young players from lowere league clubs and cast-offs from Premiership clubs.

Where I didn't eally get much of a chance to scout was central Europe. Pedro, Carrilho, David & Lychovil were all found this way I think they have been among the best players to ever play at the club.

The best SC I have seen in the game was a giant German SC at Chelsea so maybe Germany is worth a look too.

I would say that scouting abroad is key though. Players will not just fall into your lap and you need to work hard to find them.

Well done on getting a chinese feeder club. What are the benefits of such a link though? I've never vhad one of them before.

sirdez24
30-09-2008, 15:10
Benefits would be commercial I'd say, so might be worth signing a couple of Chinese prospects just to try and capitalise on this.

Any chance of a screenshot of the German striker at Chelsea?

chopper99
30-09-2008, 15:21
That would be David "The Beast" Sigili or something like that. He was immense when he played against us in my game.

Jimbokav1971
30-09-2008, 15:45
I think he scored 4 against us in 1 game while I was in charge:(.

dafuge
30-09-2008, 15:46
Could you move my name down the list a bit?

Won't really have time to play after Robert finished and will possibly not be available until school settles down and I get coursework out of the way.

I've put you down a couple of places and removed Tilla since he seems to have disappeared.

Jimbokav1971
30-09-2008, 15:47
Forgot to say well done on a good season Chopper:thup:.

Such a shame we fell apart at the end, but 12th is still an excellent improvement.

rlipscombe
30-09-2008, 17:52
yeah, unlkucky chopper. still another solid year in the Premiership though. good luck Dava - european football has to be the target this season!! ;) (no pressure...)

Dava
30-09-2008, 18:52
Transfers so far (at the 10th of August)

Lopez Garcia (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/LopezGarciafree.jpg) - release from Real Madrid and snapped up on a free, looks decent.
John Cook (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/JohnCook5m.jpg)- already on the shortlist and came recommended from the scouts during an England U21 game, twice the player of our strongest centre half, 5 million pound from Crystal Palace.
Cedric Sanchez (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/CedricSanchez5m.jpg)- French U21 international, looks an excellent centre mid, could become a leading premiership player. Hopefully a Ten Ton player for many years. £5m.
Xavier Longlois (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/XavierLanglois17m.jpg) - French U21 international, could be a leading premiership player, should be a definite improvement at left back. £1.7m.
Bruno Le Mentec (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/BrunoLeMentec675m.jpg) - Another french U21 international!!, could be a leding premiership player and already rated as better than our rght wind options. £6.75m.

I am pleased with the signings so far and £20m is still available should any good players be willing to join.

The only sale has been Skala, for £3.9m and 50% sell on.

We got nothing from the Pederson move, it was his second move since leaving us.

Dava
30-09-2008, 19:32
Abraham has asked to be removed his request for transfer, which I accept!!

Man City then make a £16.5m + 50% offer which the chairman accepts.... I have offered him a new and improved contract, as I will be in no position to get a right back of any similar quality.

Dava
30-09-2008, 19:34
Arghhh, Carrilho has now requested a transfer, as he owes it to himself to look for a big move!!

rlipscombe
30-09-2008, 19:34
some good signings there. particularly like the look of Le Mentec, who could be immense down the right wing, and Sanchez, who is an excellent midfielder. John Cook looks a good defender too.

done pretty well there.

Dava
30-09-2008, 19:38
Okolie a defender from way back has moved on and we have received £3m!

Robert_296
30-09-2008, 19:41
2 games left. Still in contention for champions league but more likely Uefa Cup, if that

Dava
30-09-2008, 19:52
bah, Abraham has gone to city, 16.5m + 50% sell on, not bad but left me short right at the end of August.

Dava
30-09-2008, 20:02
On the up side, a dutch right back at Aston Villa is interested I make a 7.5m bid on the 31st August and hes mine!

Looks really good, Ruud Burg (http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn222/davafish/berg75m.jpg).

Robert_296
30-09-2008, 20:16
Right, finished hte season. Will upload the game soon and have a report ready today or tomorrow

Robert_296
30-09-2008, 21:15
Looks like it's Dave_safc next and here (http://hosted.filefront.com/robert296/) is the save. Got intertoto cup so hopefully with a decent manager in charge we can win that and get further in the Prem

GazTheDoood
30-09-2008, 21:19
Dava, nice one on the signing, Burg looks particularly awesome, and the others look great too, congratulations all round there.
Dissapointed to see Abraham leave, but as I said, Berg looks completely capable.
Good luck for the season ahead.

Chopper, great season mate, pity we slipped away from the top at the end, but still a great season.

rlipscombe
01-10-2008, 08:39
Ruud Burg does look quality mate - great signing.

dave safc
01-10-2008, 10:55
Looks like it's Dave_safc next and here (http://hosted.filefront.com/robert296/) is the save. Got intertoto cup so hopefully with a decent manager in charge we can win that and get further in the Prem

Does roberto922 want to swap places with me and go next? Cause I wont be able to play until Sunday at the earliest.

chopper99
01-10-2008, 11:10
Can someone stick me back on the bottom of the list to have another season with The Monkeys. Cheers.

sirdez24
01-10-2008, 12:45
Burg looks absolutely immense. Anyone who plays with wingbacks or attacking fullbacks would be drooling. Has all the right attributes, apart from flair, to make a damn good winger too.

Jimbokav1971
01-10-2008, 14:54
Dava. Those signings look brilliant.

Next time you do an update would you let us have a look at whoever the best guy promoted fom the youth acadamy is.

I think you will do really well this season and I wouldn't worry too much about Carrilho leaving. We have strength in depth up front.

roberto922
01-10-2008, 19:02
I don't have my laptop yet so...

dafuge
01-10-2008, 19:09
Does roberto922 want to swap places with me and go next? Cause I wont be able to play until Sunday at the earliest.

Looks like no one coming up soon can start a season any earlier so we might have to wait until Sunday. Unless Mikel LUFC or OrientMartin want to jump the list and start now?

Mikel LUFC
01-10-2008, 19:54
It's only a few seasons since I last was manager so I'm happy to wait a little longer for my turn :)

Dava
01-10-2008, 20:43
Results

(H) Ten Ton 2 - 0 Wigan
(A) Arsenal 1 - 0 Ten Ton
(H) Ten Ton 5 -1 Chelsea
(A) Man City 3 -2 Ten Ton
League Cup: Ten Ton 4 -1 Sheff Wed
(H) Ten Ton 1 - 1 Blackburn

League Position 10th.

I started so promising, should of turned over Arsenal but lost to a corner, but recent preformances have not being good.

Just about to load up the game and I think I will tinker with an Away tactic and try somthing different to 442.

Dava
01-10-2008, 21:15
Carrilho has asked to stay!

GazTheDoood
01-10-2008, 21:18
Carrilho has asked to stay!

Good news! :thup:

Dava
01-10-2008, 23:31
bah, this aint going so great, really frustrating the life out of me, losing 3-0 leads & 2-0 leads at half time, opposition scoring screamers, our strikers missing sooo many one on ones.

Still...... 4 points from third but only 6 points from relegation, could be worse!

NepentheZ
01-10-2008, 23:55
Nice work Dava. 4 points from third, 'eh. Champs League football, here we come..!!

Dava
02-10-2008, 00:20
Some big news, Portsmouth have made a Benoit bid of £30m +50% sell on and the chairman has accepted.

I must admit he is by no means a regular but he will be a incredible striker for many years, I have offered him a contract but I expect the worst.

NepentheZ
02-10-2008, 00:22
£30m + 50% (which will most probably be around £12 - £20 million is spectacular, no matter the player :thup:

Dava
02-10-2008, 08:44
Benoit signed a new contract! just as I was looking forward to the money.

I have made 2 signings for January that are real quality. I will post the screenshots tonight.

Jimbokav1971
02-10-2008, 09:41
Dava, although you're only mid-table I don't think that is time to panic.

Home form looks good and we are only losing narrowly away so maybe just a little tweak is all that's needed.

Maybe something as little as checking set-piece instructions and reducing the closinf down of MC's, (this means that they are less likely to be caught out of position just outside the area and hopefully will reduce the amount of long range goals conceded.

I think you are using a 442 so maybe use a barrow on 1 MC and a farrow on the other with very low closing down on the player with the barrow and quite high closingdown for the player with the farrow. (Just an idea by the way. Don't feel under any pressure to do this. Just something to think about).

Well done on getting Benoit to re-sign. This hopefully is an indication of some decent hidden stats so fingers crossed.

With Benoit, Carrilho, da Silva, Kucernak and the 18 year old English SC then things are looking really good up front. It is likely that we will lose certainly Carrilho and probably da Silva and Benoit too eventually, but at least it gives you the time to search out some decent youngsters to fill their boots.

Can't wait to see your signings as you really seem to have talent in this area:thup:.

LiRiM-InSaNe
02-10-2008, 10:57
Can I ask to at the bottom of the Ten Ton list please.?
This idea is quality. Thank you if you accept me btw

rlipscombe
02-10-2008, 12:03
Can I ask to at the bottom of the Ten Ton list please.?
This idea is quality. Thank you if you accept me btw

i suggest you read the first page......... ;)