PDA

View Full Version : Wallace v Roberts - the striking legends small to big club North v South face-off

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16

canvey!!
31-08-2008, 21:52
:eek: Those are some poor results and some horrible little brats for players. You deserve a cuppa after all that. Carillho is looking great though, and just a shame about the chairman selling the players - although it is good to get that bar steward Vychodil out of our hair. Let's hope the team settle into the 4-4-2 and get results; besides wanting the team to do well, I've got them next and the 4-4-2 is my tactic of choice: plain and simple, something like farrows on the wingers and simply fiddle around with the team instructions. Won't really set player instructions - just set templates and change stuff like crossing and distribution. Of course that's because I'm tactically blind. If I weren't so awful, I'd be swipping and swapping like Sir Alex Ferguson. KUTW, Jimbo (and no I haven't missed a letter ;):D):thup:.

aaberdeenn
31-08-2008, 22:02
A solid start to life in the top flight.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 22:26
I'm going to wait for a while until I get some more feedback from the others as to what to do about our want-away guys.

Vychodil is gone, I think we just have to accept it.

If the general concensus is that I should try and disrupt the Pedro deal and hang onto him no matter what then that's what i will do. If I can I will loan him out abroad, but if not I will loan him out closer to home and if the worst comes to the worst I will send him to our feeder club Carlisle or just let him concede goals in the Reserves.

I'll post some screenies of Pedro and Okolie so that you can make a more informed opinion.

The immediate problem that I've got is that I can't find suitable replacements.

I'll also post some screenies of NepentheZ and Rlip.

Has anyone got any old favourites they want me to look up?

Frazza Pee
31-08-2008, 22:28
Edwin Knight if possible Jimbo.

roberto922
31-08-2008, 22:33
Well as the deadline is 5-10 days for each manager I'd be happy for you to count my 10 days from here and then I start when I get my laptop because I can easily do a season in a couple of days and I've really been looking forward to this :D

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 22:34
I think it would be best to keep hold as much as possible of our stars, except Vychodil, he's a pain, and it looks as though he's gone anway.

IMO, try and keep Pedro and Okolie if possible.

Also, decent start to the season, more points gained than the average promoted team in the premiership, KUTGW.

Jimbokav1971
31-08-2008, 23:05
Can I just say, whoever came up with this crazy idea of a challenge it is absolutely brilliant and I'm completely hooked.

After a couple of years of concentrating on the Gundo challenge, i will be heading back to the dafuge challenge next year, but I will be also looking for getting in on this again.

Absolutely brilliant:thup:.

Now for some pics.

Billy Palmer profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBillyPalmerprofileSep25.jpg)
Billy Palmer personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBillyPalmerpersonalSep25.jpg)
Billy * coach report, (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBillyPalmercoachreportSep25.jpg) (note the new name).
Billy history 2024/25. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBillyPalmer2425statsSep25.jpg)

NepentheZ profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNepentheZProfileSep25.jpg)
NepentheZ personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNepentheZPersonalSep25.jpg)
NepentheZ history. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNepentheZHistorySep25.jpg)

How very strange that he never got a senior cap despite being in so many senior squads. The fact that he is still listed as being proud to be N.Irelands U21 captain makes me think that there is something dodgy going on here. Especially when both the U21's and U19 N.Irish squads are full "grey".

Rlip profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRlipProfileSep25.jpg)
Rlip personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRlipPersonalSep25.jpg)
Rlip history. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRlipHistorySep25.jpg)

I think he plays better than he looks. I've got DM's that look waaaay better than him but they do not perform as well. he is my first choice DM but the times may be changing I'm afraid. We are shipping goals, (albeit from set-pieces, so something needs to be done).

Danny Cook profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDannyCookprofileSep25.jpg)
Danny Cook personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDannyCookpersonalSep25.jpg)
Danny Cook history. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDannyCookhistorySep25.jpg)

What was the story with Cook?. Was £1M too much to turn down back in 2022?

Edwin Knight profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonEdwinKnightprofileSep25.jpg)
Edwin Knight personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonEdwinKnightpersonalSep25.jpg)
Edwin Knight history. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonEdwinKnighthistorySep25.jpg)

What made you ask about Knight?

GazTheDoood
31-08-2008, 23:17
Can I just say, whoever came up with this crazy idea of a challenge it is absolutely brilliant and I'm completely hooked.

Could not agree with you more.

NepentheZ
31-08-2008, 23:27
Can I just say, whoever came up with this crazy idea of a challenge it is absolutely brilliant and I'm completely hooked. - I think the main :thup: goes to Bermy, but IIRC, it was quite a collective effort.

Dava
31-08-2008, 23:35
It was I that sold Cook, in League 1 if I remember right.

He was basically a under preforming arse who always looked ace but never ever stopped complaining.

Good business when I think back.

bermybhoy
01-09-2008, 00:09
- I think the main :thup: goes to Bermy, but IIRC, it was quite a collective effort.

Yeah, the main idea was my own but there was plenty of input from others, such as team and manager names and so on. As I recall, Robert_296 came up with the key proposal of doing it with two teams, rather than just one. I daresay the ideas thread and the closed thread which this one replaced would show where some of the ideas came from.

Brilliant to see so many people really getting into it these days. At one point we did seem to be toiling to find enough people but it's all systems go now. I can honestly say I've enjoyed the few seasons I've done on this far more than any other on this edition of the game.

As I mentioned previously, if anyone has any bright ideas for the 09 version, do send a PM to let m know :thup:

bermybhoy
01-09-2008, 00:11
It was I that sold Cook, in League 1 if I remember right.

He was basically a under preforming arse who always looked ace but never ever stopped complaining.

Good business when I think back.

I spent the whole season prior trying to sell him as well, but couldn't get decent bids for him. He was never happy, and was one of those players that's far better on paper than the performances suggested.

NepentheZ
01-09-2008, 00:14
I can honestly say I've enjoyed the few seasons I've done on this far more than any other on this edition of the game.

The last season I did with Ten Ton was by far and away my favorite ever season on FM08. I'm not entirely sure, but is the aim just Prem / CL glory and who gets there first?. The bulk in participants is quite simply because once a noob has had a taste of what its like to manage one of the clubs, they get straight back on that list :D

bermybhoy
01-09-2008, 00:19
The last season I did with Ten Ton was by far and away my favorite ever season on FM08. I'm not entirely sure, but is the aim just Prem / CL glory and who gets there first?. The bulk in participants is quite simply because once a noob has had a taste of what its like to manage one of the clubs, they get straight back on that list :D

You know, that was never clearly defined at the start. I guess the aims are simply to make the clubs as successful as possible. We're still 5-10 years away from them being anywhere close to being regarded as 'big' clubs, so there's plenty of shelf life left in that. The rivalry isn't meant to be that serious, just meant to provide some banter and bragging rights and has worked a treat.

NepentheZ
01-09-2008, 00:20
You know, that was never clearly defined at the start. I guess the aims are simply to make the clubs as successful as possible. We're still 5-10 years away from them being anywhere close to being regarded as 'big' clubs, so there's plenty of shelf life left in that. The rivalry isn't meant to be that serious, just meant to provide some banter and bragging rights and has worked a treat.

Try telling that to the Managers ;)

bermybhoy
01-09-2008, 00:24
Try telling that to the Managers ;)

Only saying that because in terms of depth of squad, stadium, etc, 'that lot' *spit* are possibly 2-3 years ahead of us. We've been playing catch up since the first season.

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 00:41
Bermy, have you got a comment on Pedro & the other want-aways?

bermybhoy
01-09-2008, 00:48
Bermy, have you got a comment on Pedro & the other want-aways?

TBH I've no strong feelings on them - none of them are 'my' players. My only concern would be selling them for too little, and/or not being able to find suitable replacements. If they're a) unhappy and b) not performing, then by all means shift them on but if it's just a) then personally I would be hanging onto them as long as possible.

Pedro I think looks like a potential 20m + player in the near future, would be reluctant to let him go unless you really need the cash.

I'm not sure if you have been offering these guys out to teams, but I'm reluctant to ever do that - I'm sure it makes the chairman more liable to accepting unduly low bids. My preference is to list them and attract low-ish offers (eg of approx the player's value), then negotiate it up to a much higher fee, that you couldn't refuse. They rarely come back and bid 'somewhere in the middle' and leave you screwed if the chairman accepts - they either offer the whole amount or walk away.

Hope that helps :thup:

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 01:23
I have been offering them out, (well Vychodil & Pedro anyway), as it was the only way to keep them at the club.

The chairman was accepting bids that I didn;t want to accept, so I would offer them out at a lower value and then they would accept on eof my bids, (usually) and I would be able to cancel it. It was the only way that i was able to keep them at the club past the last trandfer window.

To be honest it's been an unmitigated disaster and in retrospect i think that i should have accepted deals for both of them when were being offered big bucks.

The chairman has already done a deal on one of them that i was unable to cancel, (significantly less than you would have hoped for), and the other will most likely go the same way.

Sorry:(.

GazTheDoood
01-09-2008, 01:29
Don't worry about it, s'all part of the game Jimbo :D

Keeps us hooked, keeps it fun.

dafuge
01-09-2008, 08:36
I have been offering them out, (well Vychodil & Pedro anyway), as it was the only way to keep them at the club.

The chairman was accepting bids that I didn;t want to accept, so I would offer them out at a lower value and then they would accept on eof my bids, (usually) and I would be able to cancel it. It was the only way that i was able to keep them at the club past the last trandfer window.

To be honest it's been an unmitigated disaster and in retrospect i think that i should have accepted deals for both of them when were being offered big bucks.

The chairman has already done a deal on one of them that i was unable to cancel, (significantly less than you would have hoped for), and the other will most likely go the same way.

Sorry:(.

This is in the rules:

Please do not exploit flaws in the game by offering out players for free if the chairman accepts a bid that you're not happy with...chairman interference is part of the game and needs to be accepted. You may of course, try to offer them to clubs for more cash if you think that's appropriate.

dafuge
01-09-2008, 08:39
Well as the deadline is 5-10 days for each manager I'd be happy for you to count my 10 days from here and then I start when I get my laptop because I can easily do a season in a couple of days and I've really been looking forward to this :D

How long will it be until you get your laptop fixed?

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 11:58
This is in the rules:

Dafuge. I wasn't offering them out for free so that's not breaking the rules is it:confused:?

chopper99
01-09-2008, 12:08
tbh Jimbo I think that if the players are unhappy there's no point keeping them, no matter how good they are. In my experience unhappy players rarely play that well and their unhappyness can have a detrimental effect on the overall performane of the team.

On the other hand it may be difficult to bring in anyone as good to replace him, but I think that's a risk you may need to take. As much as I'd like to have a more mature Pedro in my team when I take over in a couple seasons time, I think you might just have to flog him and try and find someone else.

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 12:25
Chopper. I completely agree with you. I only stuck with them for so long because other previous managers of Ten Ton wanted me to and I am very aware that I only manage the club for 1 season at a time.

In any case, not selling them before the transfer window closed was a disaster. One of them has gone for about half the value that we were previously offered and the other has become almost worthless due to his horrendous attitude. He's missed 2 matches and 4 training sessions now. I've never let a player miss 2 training sessions before without being sold never mind about missing a match. I didn't even know it was possible until it happened.

My usual rule for missing training is...........

1st time. Fine 1 weeks wages.

2md time. Fine 2 weeks wages and on the list you go.

Not only have we lost somewhere in the region of £20M up front but we will also lose a 50% resale value on a player that looked like he was about to take on the World and win. It's an astronomical financial disaster.

If we ignore the money we have the knowck on effect of their monkey games that seriously impacted on other players and now it looks like I will lose 4 other players that i was hopeful of turning round before this whole sham started. Not to mention, the best player at the club is still at the club and still being paid by the club but even when I get him on to the pitch he is nowhere to be seen. I recently for his first dribble of the season, (in November). And at the beginning of the season he was one of the best wingers in the World!

I should have accepted the big deals that were offered and retired to a little Island in the Pacific with a box of big cigars and a bevvy of beautiful virgins.

Instead I've got some overpaid jumped up Czech bloke refusing to turn up for work in dingy Solihill. Where the hell is Solihill anyway!

dafuge
01-09-2008, 12:31
Dafuge. I wasn't offering them out for free so that's not breaking the rules is it:confused:?

I see it as exactly the same thing, it is an exploit which avoids the chairman selling a player, allowing you to keep them.

We had a discussion about this a few pages back, both teams had done it once and it was decided that in the case of the chairman accepting bids, the 'done thing' would be to accept you are losing the player and try to get more money for him by offering him out for more than the chairman had accepted, not less.

chopper99
01-09-2008, 12:40
Time to cut your losses then imo Jimbo. I think that with your good start you can easily avoid relegation without these players. And lets face it, that's always the goal when you first go up and can be seen as a good achievment.

If at the same time you can bring in some decent players in the transfer window then happy days. with such a low rep it's always going to be very difficult to keep players who have good potential at this stage, so the important thing now is to keep the team happy and try and consolidate in the league.

Robert_296
01-09-2008, 13:43
A player didn't turn up for a match? That's never happened to me before

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 14:04
Sorry dafuge. I had read that bit but must have skipped over it. When the time came I looked at the rules and just saw the "offering out players for free" bit.

No problem though. It has actually worked hugely against us......

You might want to change the wording on it so that nobosy el;se makes the same mistake though as it really does seem to indicate that offering a player out for free is against the rules but anything else is ok.

Anyway, all you softies can have a laugh when I eventually do the update on him being sold.

roberto922
01-09-2008, 14:27
How long will it be until you get your laptop fixed?

Hopefully in the next 1-2 days, they said up to 5 working days when they took it on Thursday but DHL in my experience have always done quick deliveries.

dafuge
01-09-2008, 15:23
Sorry dafuge. I had read that bit but must have skipped over it. When the time came I looked at the rules and just saw the "offering out players for free" bit.

No problem though. It has actually worked hugely against us......

You might want to change the wording on it so that nobosy el;se makes the same mistake though as it really does seem to indicate that offering a player out for free is against the rules but anything else is ok.

Anyway, all you softies can have a laugh when I eventually do the update on him being sold.

No problem, hopefully bermybhoy is reading this and will do that :thup:

PaulHartman71
01-09-2008, 17:15
has anyone seen the 'list' lying around, i'd like to know when my next turn is

Frazza Pee
01-09-2008, 17:16
First page Paul...

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 17:22
Just as an idea for next years thread, I think it's a good idea to keep an updated list and a brief resume of each teams story on the first page. That way every new artrival gets the rules and a quick couple of minutes brief as to where we ware up to and who did what.

It then leaves the innards of the thread for a load of old Ballacks like this:D.

Jimbokav1971
01-09-2008, 17:25
So in case that wasn't clear, I think we should continue doing exactly what we are doing now. Sorry:redface:

DanTheMan
01-09-2008, 17:57
3IAR - :D

I took part quite a while ago, and would like to ask if I could do another season?

Robert_296
01-09-2008, 18:02
I thought you'd been banned?

Jimbokav1971
02-09-2008, 08:28
Ten Ton October 2025 Update.

Reserves. Wolves 5 Ten Ton 1.
Mark Perry.

A heavy defeat but more positives than negatives. The score was so high because they had a little bit of quality up front, we had kids at the back and we were playing with 10 men from before half time. Even with 11 men they were going to cause us problems as our DC's are both youth players as we experiment with 3 at the back in the senior team. Townsend and Tales were good in the middle of the pitch and young Smithy*** had an excellent game after he was brought on after the sending off. Benoit had an absolute shocker up front, (which was a bit of a problem considering he was playing up front on his own after the sending off). He missed 6 chances at goal, (5 of them one on ones, until he finally tested the GK with a tame header in the 93rd minute. At least he got there in the end.

Pedro is gone, (at least the deal has been done and he will move in the January transfer window). What's worse is that he has gone to another English club. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedroisgoneOct25.jpg)

Vychodil has not shown up for training again. That's 2 matches and 3 training sessions he's missed now I think. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilonthelashagainSep25.jpg)

League. Ten Ton 0 Arsenal 0.

MOM Pedro.

Typical. I change to a wing-back formation to try and ease the burden on the centre-backs and what happens? The deal is done the day before the match and he then goes and plays a blinder. FFS! Oh well. we live and learn. I just guess I will have to do the best with what I've got and see if I can unearth a gem to take his place for when I hand the reins over to someone else.

Reserves. Ten Ton 4 Aston Villa 1.
David (3, hat-trick), Angel.

God what a doing we gave them. I took David off at half time because I was worried that their GK was going to top himself. We tore them apart and if only our strikers had had their shooting boots on then I would still be counting the goals now.

League. Man City 0 Ten Ton 4.
Rosenberg (39).
Carrilho (52).
Henriques (55).
Larsen (90).

MOM Carrilho.

It wasn't as one-sided as the scoreline suggests. We took our chances and they didn't tajke theirs. It's possible that it's the change in tactic but all I think it was was allowing 2 players to accept contract with new clubs causing increased morale, causing increased performances for them, causing increased performances for others.

Reserves. Portsmouth 1 Ten Ton 3.
Smithy***, James "legend" Dunn (2).

After the success that the senior team had with the wingback formation the Reserves thought they would give it a go. It worked a treat and the goal that they conceded was in injury time from a corner when the game was already won. Smithy*** was excellent at the back and James "legend" Dunn played like he was a youngster again. If I could just get Benoit to actually shoot at the goal i think we would be laughing.

League. Ten Ton 3 Bolton 1.
Billy (33)
Matt Vernon (40)
Rosenberg (86)

MOM Matt Vernon.

Pretty comfortable if I'm honest. We started well and were unlucky not to take the lead earler. then when we did it was all one-way traffic. We scored a second goal shortly after the first and started the 2nd half 2 goals to the good looking to push on for more. They pegged one back through.... you guessed it, an indirect free-kick, but we just played them on the counter-attack after that and looked the far more likely to score, eventually doing so in the last few minutes.

League Cup 4th Round. Ten Ton 3 Derby 3.
David (5)
Billy (33)
Tales (58)

We took the lead early and then extended it before half-time. When we went 3-0 up thought it was all over bar the celebratinig so I made my 3 substitutions and went for a Jimmy Riddle. By the time I came back they had clawed 2 goals back! We were already in injury time so I just let them get on with it, (assuming we would close the game out), only for Derby to go and get a 93rd minute equaliser. My face was a picture I can tell you. We didn't really fire after the substitutions and when we did threaten their GK now seemed in good form. So it went to penalties and I was more than a little worried as we had young Bell in goal and most of the team were youngsters. I needn't have worried though.

Bell saved the 1st spot kick. 0-0
Rasmussen slotted ours in the top left corner, 1-0
They hit their next kick over the bar. 1-0
Skala hammered his penalty into the cornner. 2-0.
Bell saved another penalty. 2-0.
If we score this we win..... Saved from Carl Hughes.
Now we need them to miss this....

YES! We're in the hat for the next round.

Vychodil misses another training session and incurrs a 2 week fine. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilonthelashagainSep25.jpg)
I think that's 4 training sessions and 2 matches he hasn't turned up for now.
Even when he does play he is pretty average. A shadow of his former self.

League Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeagueTableOct25.jpg)

We're in 8th spot, but only 2 points behind 2nd as it's all pretty tight at the top. Liverpool sitting top of the pile and guess where that arse Pedro went to?

I think that the discipline problems that we are experiencing with Lychodil, and the reduced fee that we received for Pedro show that we made a serious error in not allowing them both to leave in the last window.

I take full responsibility for that and I'm sorry. I should have ignored what the rest of you said and just gone with my gut feeling.

I can make up the money, but I wonder how long I can keep playing them without repercussions. I'm tryinig to ease Pedro along a little and just coax some decent performances out of him. I need him if I'm honest as Okolie is in the same boat and skipper Matt Vernon, (while decent), just doesn't seem to have the aerial ability that we need at this level. We are all over the shop from set-pieces and every time we concede a free-kick or a corner I think we are going to concede a goal. So Pedro will continue to play for the time-being but Vychodil will maybe be dropped to the Reserves and maybe sent away on holiday to sort himself out, (haven't decided yet). I'm resigned to losing Vychodil and now it is simply a question of somehow getting him back up to a level of performance where he can generate the any sort of bid in the £10M-£15M mark. The days of him being a £20M player with a huge sell on fee added on are well and truly gone.

aaberdeenn
02-09-2008, 09:17
Great month. :thup:

Shame to lose those players but as the saying goes, "no player is bigger than the club". If they're not performing, and wanting to leave and whinging all the time, let them go. It'll only hold the team back.

Dava
02-09-2008, 10:40
Really good month Jimbo, looks like it's coming together.

I am a firm believer in keeping your best players and success will eventually make them happy, but in your case the Chairman stepped in again and it was out of your control.

I am sure there will be a gem picked up in January for less than half the price we got for Pedro.

PaulHartman71
02-09-2008, 10:46
nice month there Jimbo :thup:

Looks like we're definitely safe from relegation, anything more is a bonus imo :thup:

Jimbokav1971
02-09-2008, 11:35
Ten Ton November 2025 Update.

1st November League. Everton 4 Ten Ton 2.
Carrilho (48)
Rosenberg (67).

We were 2 down by half time so a change in personnel and tactics was required. Teenage Brazilian midfielder Tales was introduced for his league debut and responded with both assists. James "legend" Dunn also introduced for a rare leage appearance as we went to an attacking wingback 3-2-2-1-2 formation with Dunn given a free role in the hole. He's still got a little bit of something about him and forced the GK into a fine save and stuck another chance into the side netting. He's good but I'm afraid it's a case of living on past glories now. So inspired by Tales we fought back from 2-0 down to level it up at 2-2 still with about 25 minutes to play and it was all us. I considered settling for the draw but to be honest I have little or no confidence in us being able to hang onto a 2-2 what with out weakness at defending set-pieces so I decided to push on and go for another goal. even if we scored again I wasn't naive enough to think that it would be enough to give us 3 points. To be honest I thought that if we could score a 3rd then we might hang on for a 3-3 draw. Instead the third never came and Everton hit back with anther goal from a set-piece and a moment of good counter-attacking. We did well to come back from 2 goals down buut lets be honest, Everton were a considerably better team and fully deserved their 3 points.

Pedro is injured, (back strain), and misses game 2 of the 4 that he will be out for.
Vychodil was dropped to the Reserves for this game.

Just a little point in passing, we seem to hardly ever win free-kicks in shooting positions, (or at least none that are shown on key highlights). Certainly something that needs to be looked at.

4th November. Reserves. Ten Ton 2 Tottenham 0.
Benoit, James "legend" Dunn.

What a performance. Quite a strong team selected for a Reserve game if I'm honest, (Lars on the way back from injury & Amoroso just to give him a bit of a morale boost after a tough couple of weeks in the seniors), but we played a decent Spurs team with 2 current senior Internationals off the park. Benoit had his first decent game for the club and fully deserved his goal. An all round good team performance.

9th November. League Ten Ton 3 Portsmouth 2.
Rosenberg (38, 69)
Carrilho (61)

MOM Rosenberg.

Reverting to an attacking 442, (with Vychodil brought back in on the left hand side), we conceded from and early, (yes you guessed it), set-piece and slowly worked our way back into the game. Although it took us about an hour to lead, we were the dominant force and Rosenberg in particular up front was doing his best to scare the pants of the Portsmouth defenders. The one thing that Rosenberg posesses that our other strikers don't is aerial prowess and it was in this area that he excelled today, winning 13 of 18 headers, (3 key). Interestinigly Vychodil was injured on about the hour mark and we scored twice shortly afterwards, (is there a link there), although in his defence, I saw him actually play "a bit" for the first time this season and 9th November 2025 was the day that I witnessed a Vycvhodil "run" at first hand for the first time. Encouraging signs, (even the injury), as it is maybe showing a mellowing in his hard nosed attitude and the injury may just give him time to reflect that lige at little Ten Ton isn't quite so bad after all.

12th November. Reserves. Chelsea 2 Ten Ton 1.
Henriques.

An even game that neither team deserved to lose, Chelsea were victorious thanks to 2 good strikes from Chelsea senior squad bench-warmer Gary Johnston. We on the other hand were lacking a little up front without Benoit who was on International duty, (one of the pitfalls of buying a clutch of talented International youngsters).

22nd November League Sunderland 1 Ten Ton 1.
Carrilho (5).

MOM Carrilho.

As we were away I went for the defensive wingback 3232 formation but I made a bit of an error in that I rotated Rosenberg and instead partnered Carrilho with Billy. This relly only works against good teams who will push on against us and allow our 2 speedsters to get in behind them Sunderland have no such delusions of grandeur and instead set themselves to be VERY hard to break down. In Marvin Edwards (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonMarvinEdwardsDec25.jpg), they have the sort of centre-half that I like and the sort of centre-half that I would be buying if I was building a team for myself. (Big, strong, gets in the right positions, good concentration and pretty determined, but not that great when he actually has the ball), and Sunderland were intelligent enough to play to his strengths. There back line defended deep where his aerial prowess came to the fore, (well jumping rather than heading but you get my drift, it doesn't matter where the ball goes when he heads it, just as long as he heads it). So anyway he won everything in the air, (17/17) and in front of him he had 2 decent midfielders who cut off the supply line of anything coming in to feet. Sunderland got their tactics spot on and were well worthy of a point.

Pedro was back in as the centre of the 3 and had an average game..
Vychodil was lacking a little in fitness after his injury against Portsmouth, so I decided another week in the Reserves was in order.

30th November League Ten Ton 3 Blackburn 3.
Rosenberg (13)
Vychodil (32)
David (68)

Now Blackburn are struggling in the league but they are a good team who are just not getting the rub of the green at the moment. Before the game I was hoping for and expecting a win but after the 90 I was very happy with 1 point. Vychodil made another step in the right direction with a goal and another "average" performance which is miles ahead of where we were a month ago. He at least looked interested today. If I can find fault with anyone after todays performance it is Carrilho and Rosenberg. They had their chances and just didn't take them. I think though that this is the first time this season that that particular criticism can be levelled at any of our strikers. Happy with a draw against a good team.

Pedro was back partnering skipper Vernon at the back. He had an average game at best.

There weren't that many games played this month due to the International schedule and while we certainly didn't set the World alight, we didn't crash and burn either. We played a couple of games, Reserves against U18's), just to keep the non Internationals on their toes but nothing worth reporting here.

League Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPremiershipTableDec25.jpg)

Although we have dropped back to 12th, we are only 5 points off the top.

It's still tight with seemingly everyone capable of beating everyone else on their day.

The lead in the race for the title seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice, as Liverpool who led at the end of October, only picked up 4 points from a possible 12 this month as defeats to Wolves and Arsenal and a nil nil draw with Chelski saw them abdicate their position as leaders of the pack. I've decided that I am going to be very anti-Liverpool in this challenge after they purchased Pedro and this is just the start. Wait till he signs and you will really see me stick it to them.

A note for your diary, 17th January 2026. Pedro will get 2 games to bed in before we kick him all over the shop!

GazTheDoood
02-09-2008, 12:38
Its going really, really good Jimbo.
Unlucky about Pedro, and Vychodil, who does seem to be returning to a little bit of form...

I am to blame slightly for this too, advising you to keep them, as I would have done, when really I should of left it down to you.

KUTGW mate, overachieving in every way at current.

Jimbokav1971
02-09-2008, 12:54
Right guys, I'm having a bit of a mental block and I could do with some help.

When you buy a youngsters, what age does he still need to be when he arrives at you club for him to be able to qualify as home grown by club after however long it is.

I know it is either 17 or 18, but I'm not sure.

And how long do they have to spend at the club before they qualify?

I think that they have to be aged 18, (so less that 19 years old when they arrive).

And I think that it takes them 3 full years of employment with you before they are qualified as home grown at club.

Have I got this right?

sirdez24
02-09-2008, 15:31
Guys, just want to say I've been following this thread closely from day one and it's easily the first thing I check on the forums each day. A really engrossing concept. I haven't put my hand up for a season and I doubt I will as I've been a big critic of 08 and have quit/deleted too many saves to count, but it has inspired me to play with fake players which has reinvented my appetite for the game again. Currently with Gateshead in L2 and loving the save, even if the game itself disappoints me.

Keep up the good work lads.

roberto922
02-09-2008, 15:40
Update on my laptop: The DHL man tried to deliver it today but I was at school and my Mum and Step dad was at qork, I'm going to see if I can get anyone to take me down to the DHL offices to get it so theres a chance I could get it today but it'll most likely be tomorrow.

canvey!!
02-09-2008, 16:36
Much better first month Jimbo. The second month not so good but you did well to get through it with as many points as you did. I'm not that worried about Pedro leaving, apart from the fact that he will score against us for Liverpool, as is sod's law. KUTGW :thup:

GazTheDoood
02-09-2008, 16:46
I'm unsure how young exactly they have to be Jimbo.
But when I buy young players, they normally end up home-grown, by the club, I think we're thinking the same thing...

I hope i'm right in saying its three years at a club before the age of 20 to become homegrown.

Jimbokav1971
02-09-2008, 16:55
I'm unsure how young exactly they have to be Jimbo.
But when I buy young players, they normally end up home-grown, by the club, I think we're thinking the same thing...

I hope i'm right in saying its three years at a club before the age of 20 to become homegrown.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking about too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it's 3 years before 21 which would mean buying an 18 year old was ok.

I'm out of practice as in my Mosside save I still can't scout outside N.Ireland so it's irrelevant.

I'm going to ask in GQ and hope that by a miracle I get someone talking sense rather than an eegit.

GazTheDoood
02-09-2008, 17:01
Good luck in GQ, that might take a while.

3 years before 21 also sounds right, we shall see :thup:

PaulHartman71
02-09-2008, 17:05
yeah Good Luck in GQ, hope the stress doesn't do you any permanent injuries :thup:

Jimbokav1971
02-09-2008, 18:10
17.10 A “club-trained player” is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of

the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during
which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been
registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire
seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant
national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant
national championship) or of 36 months.

dafuge
02-09-2008, 21:13
Guys, just want to say I've been following this thread closely from day one and it's easily the first thing I check on the forums each day. A really engrossing concept. I haven't put my hand up for a season and I doubt I will as I've been a big critic of 08 and have quit/deleted too many saves to count, but it has inspired me to play with fake players which has reinvented my appetite for the game again. Currently with Gateshead in L2 and loving the save, even if the game itself disappoints me.

Keep up the good work lads.

It's great to hear that :thup:

It has certainly given me some of the best seasons I've had on the game.

chopper99
03-09-2008, 08:27
I'm going to ask in GQ and hope that by a miracle I get someone talking sense rather than an eegit.

Not likely Jimbo. I've pretty much abandoned GQ completely now, which I thought I'd never do as I loved that forum when I first signed up.

It means you unlucky people in this forum are now stuck with me :p

Jimbokav1971
03-09-2008, 08:54
Ten Ton December 2025 Update.

Well lets start off the month with some good news.

This guy is joining us when the transfer window opens in January.
He cost us less than £1M so he is a HUGE bargain, but if we sell him on I am sure there will be a % getting forwarded on to Atletico Mineiro, (but can't remember off the top of my head..

da Silva Profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaProfileNov25.jpg)
da Silva Personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaPersonalNov25.jpg)
da Silva Transfer. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaTransferNov25.jpg)
da Silva Positions. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaPositionsNov25.jpg)
da Silva Scout Reports. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaScoutReportNov25.jpg)

I'm sure that you will agree that he looks pretty damn good already and could be an important acquisition over the next couple of seasons.

Although only 18, he is NOT dual nationality so did require and get a work permit at the tender age of 19. That gives you an indication of his potential quality.

He will be immediately added to the mix in the senior squad and we should see some goals from him before I have to pass the managerial batton onto someone else.
While I am on the subject of delivering good news, I have some more for you.

I have shelled out £6.75M on this bloke who has been a long term target, (well as long term as possible for someone who has only been in the job for 6 months).

Peter Carruthers Profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersProfileDec25.jpg)
Peter Carruthers Personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersPersonalDec25.jpg)
Peter Carruthers Transfer. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersTransferDec25.jpg)
Peter Carruthers Positions. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersPositionsDec25.jpg)
Peter carruthers Scout Reports. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersScoutReportDec25.jpg)
Peter Carruthers History. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersHistoryDec25.jpg)

I will look to add DR to his list of positions and he will immediately become part of the senior squad.

It's all very well buying these Brazilians but it's important, (not least for European squad selection), that we have a core of home produced players. Home grown at club will be a problem for a while, (and with that in mind I am looking to bring in some young players who should be able to stay at the club for some considerable time and keep us going in Europe, (maybe not this year but soon), until we start producing quality players of our own. I've had a bit of a mental block and can't remember what the maximim age is for a player to be when they arrive at a club if they are to become home grown at club a few years later. I think that it's 18 so if that's the case then Carruthers will give us a nice home grown utility slot on the right hand side. He does have an ambitious personality though so I would expect that we will lose him after a few years. Should be enough time to make a tidy profit on out original outlay though.

Remember guys to keep checking "% of next sale" options when you are selling players in this challenge. I always include them when I am selling players but I have found in necesarry to include some when buying players this season so don't get caught out.

I'm on a roll now so I might as well give you some more good news.
Have a look at this guy for the bargain price of just £94,000.

Harm Meijer Profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerProfileDec25.jpg)
Harm Meijer Personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerPersonalDec25.jpg)
Harm Meijer Transfer. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerTransferDec25.jpg)
Harm Meijer Positions. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerPositionsDec25.jpg)
Harm Meijer Scout Report. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerScoutReportsDec25.jpg)

Obviously the injury comment isn't good, but what do you expect for £94,000. Anywhere near as good as Pedro has the potential to be and we will be laughing all the way to the bank.

More I hear you cry!
Oh go on then.

I had some spare change left lying around after the Meijer deal so I bought this guy on a whim, (£12,000).

Tomi Rajala Profile. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRajalaProfileDec25.jpg)
Tomi Rajala Personal. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRajalaPersonalDec25.jpg)
Tomi Rajala Transfer. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRajalaTransferDec25.jpg)
Tomi Rajala Positions. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRajalaPositionsDec25.jpg)
Tomi Rajala Scout Report. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRajalaScoutReportDec25.jpg)

3rd December. League Cup Qtr Final. Ten Ton 1 Southampton 2.
Pedro (32).

We were laying against Championship opposition and at home so I went with an attacking 442 line-up. A full strength team was selected and possibly that's where I went wrong. At the beginning of the season when I was setting bonus payments for the players, all I cared about was avoiding relefation. As a result I gave a high bonus to league performance and a low bonus to Cup performance. So far in this competition I have fielded a team of Reserves in each round, with the odd senior thrown in. Carrilho for example hadn't even featured in a Cup squad before this game, never mind about getting any game time. It was the same for Pedro. None of the big boys were being asked to play in the Cups and this was something that I planned on taking all the way through as far as we were still in. The way I looked at it, the youngsters would be keen to do well and earn another go in the senior team and would be less driven by financial rewards so selecting a team of younger "fringe" players worked well for everyone. Basically I just don't think I was concentrating and by the time I realised it was too late. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't the same squad as the last game. It was just a squad selected with a league game in mind rather than a Cup game.

Anyway, that's enough about my errors, now what about the game. We took the lead after about half an hour when Pedro stuck in a header at the back post from an indirect free-kick by young midfielder Larsen. We were pretty dominant before that and nothing really changed afterwards. Pedro and Vernon looked ok at the back and then when Okolie came on for pedro they still looked good. Larsen was bossing the middle of the pitch and both David (right) and Vychodil (left) were having decent games against lower league opposition as you would expect. We couldn't finish them off though and with 10 minutes to go they were starting to get up a head of steam. I freshened up the middle of the pitch with Lars on for Henriques and Billy came on up front for Rosenberg. I told the boys to pull back a little and shut up shop and told them to milk the clock at every opportunity .

Then disaster struck. Not only did we concede an equaliser almost as soon as I had given over my defensive tactical instructions, but before I could get the massage across that we needed to start playing again, we had conceded a 2nd. I'd like to blame Pedro but it wasn't down to him I'm afraid, (well not completely). Both goals were decent goals rather than poor errors and if anyone was at fault it was me for not shutting up shop earlier and possibly not even shutting up shop correctly. Although I changed personnel and style, I didn't change formation when the game was crying out for me to introduce a "Makelele". Had I done I have no doubt be would have won 1-0.

Sorry.

6th december. League. Ten Ton 1 Aston Villa 4.
Carrilho (53).

Not a good game. Amoroso had a bit of a shocker at full back and spent the afternoon giving away free-kicks, (we all know how well we cope with them), Nordin probably has a bad back now as he spent most of the afternoon picking the ball out of the back of the net and the midfield trio of Henriques,Lars & Howell were just not at the races. Carrilho picked up another £500 goal bonus, (that's £8,000 now and we're not at Christmas yet), and Billy had a poor game in front of goal as the GK saved 3 times from him in 1 v 1's. We've dranw 2 and lost 2 of our last 4 league games. Add our exit from the Cup into the mix and thinks are not looking good.

Needless to say, our old boy Nikolay Petrov (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNikolayPetrovProfileDec25.jpg) got one of the goals.

After the game the knives are out.

Journalists questions Pedro's recent performances. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJournalistquestionPedrosperfo.jpg)

Press accuse Ten Ton player of poor form. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPressaccusePedroofpoorformDec.jpg)

9th December. Reserves. Ten Ton 0 Arsenal 2.

35 seconds is all that it took for us to concede from an indirect free-kick. 24 minutes later and we add "corner" to our selection of set-pieces that we have conceded from in this match. I wonder how long it takes before we concede from a penalty, a direct free-kick, an indirect free-kick, a long throw in, (and knowing our ability with set pieces even a goal kick), all in the space of 90 minutes.

NepentheZ staying at Leeds. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonNepentheZstayingatLeedsDec25.jpg)

I submitted a cheeky little bid for Nep in the hope that I might be able to lure one of our old stars back here. The modest deal was accepted and everything looked good until he told us to buggar off that we are a ramshackle outfit with crap facilities and he's never coming back to this hell-hole.

Some people forget where they came from!

Vychodil doesn't turn up for the Fulham game, (that's 3 matches he's missed now). He's gone! (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilmissedmatch3Dec25.jpg)

I've offered him out for £10M + 50% plus friendly. Only Man Utd and 2 other clubs were interested before I offered it. How the mighty have fallen. A month or so ago he set a new record in the records thread for 77 teams being interested.

League Fulham 2 Ten Ton 0.

Scoreless at half time, we concede a penalty from a corner and a goal from the penalty. It took 80 minutes for us to get a shot on target and by then we were already 2 goals down. Not good. The story of the day was that Carrilho and Rosenberg had 9 shots on target between them today. Only 2 were on target and none in the opening 80 minutes of the match. Maybe a little tiredness creeping in. Carrilho will be rotated to the Reserves for a week or 2 and Billy and Benoit will be brought in, maybe with James "legend" Dunn brought in for the odd cameo appearance.

Surprisingly we receive 15 bids for Vychodil in eply to me offering him out to other clubs. The nice chairman knows that I've had it with him and he has accepted bids from Man Utd, Hannover, AS Monaco, Nurnberg, Torino, & Auxerre on my behalf. These all seem to be £9M+ & clauses. I have further bids from HSV, Besiktas, Palermo, Bordeaux, Paris Saint-Germain, AS Saint-Etienne, Everton, and Ajax to decide on. Nothing reasonable will be turned down. I accepted Palermo's offer of about £8M & clauses and cancelled the others, (too low). Vychodil has played his last game for Ten Ton. I am sending him to train with the U18's.

Lazio came in with a late bid for Vychodil of £9.25M up front. I countered and said we would accept £9.25M + 50%.

There are lots of enquiries coming in for Okorie now. It looke like he will be the next to leave. I will not be making the same mistake again. Anyone who wants to leave can leave.

Arsenal in bid for Rosenberg.
Bought in Jan 2025 for £750,000.
Cash bid received less than less than 1 year later for £12,300,000. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonArsenalincashbidforRosenbergD.jpg)
Nice work Gaz.

Lazio have accepted my counter-offer for Vychodick and have made formal an offer £9.25M + 50% which I have accepted.

Deportivo have come in with an offer of £9.4M plus this bloke (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJavierBattagliaProfileDec25.jpg) for Carrilho. I quite like the DC they are offering. In fact I like him so much I'm gonna try and sign Mr Battaglia.

Torino eventually get their man. It will be interesting to see how he does at a bigger club. I will keep him on the shortlist. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilgoingtoTorinoDec25.jpg)

Rumour has it that the Livepool manager is quite taken by us. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonFriendlyLiverpoolbossDec25.jpg)

League. Ten Ton 0 Tottenham 1.

What an absolute shocker. On a snow covered pitch on Boxing Day we just ddn't turn up. Still thinking about Turkey and Mince Pies and whatever Santa had left under the tree the day before. We had 1 shot on target in the whole match and that came after 91 minutes. Awful performance.

That's 3 league losses in a row now and 5 league games without a win.

League table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeaguetableJan25.jpg)

We've dropped to 13th in the League and I'm more than a little concerned.

chopper99
03-09-2008, 10:30
Some decent looking signings there Jimbo, particularly the Brazilian striker. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on him in a couple of seasons time.

I think the teams form will pick up once Pedro and Vychodil leave, their unhappyness may well be having an effect on the rest of the team.

Also, you said - 'Deportivo have come in with an offer of £9.4M plus this bloke for Carrilho' but then didn't mention which bloke they'd offered as a part exchange. Any chance of a screeny of him?

Jimbokav1971
03-09-2008, 10:48
Sorry, this was the guy that I liked th elook of. He wasn't keen on joining us, (but plenty of others were). (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJavierBattagliaProfileDec25.jpg)

Arsenal in BIG bid for Rosenberg. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonArsenalincashbidforRosenbergD.jpg)

Vychodil going to Torino. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonVychodilgoingtoTorinoDec25.jpg)

Sorry. Must have missed those links. They will be up in a minute.

chopper99
03-09-2008, 10:59
In preperation for me taking over and doing updates later on, how do you turn a link into text in this version of the forum software? I can see how to post a hyperlink but not how to change what it says when it's added to your post :o

So basically how do I turn this:

http://community.sigames.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=28354

Into a link with a descriptive name of what the link leads to?

Jimbokav1971
03-09-2008, 11:14
I had to get someone to show me that too.

What I do is I keep a word page open and update while the game progresses.

If something happens that I want to show as a pic then I print screen as normal and then just type in the word document what I want it to say over the pic in the final report.

Then when I have done the whole month and am ready for the report to go in I go through each new pic in the file and upload them to photobucket or whatever.

So now I have the text and I have the pics and I just need to link the 2 together.

So now I copy and paste my text from the word document into the adcanced window here.

The only problem with doing this is that it doesn't follow the empty line spacing that I use so I have to individually go through and set the spacing up between each comment again.

Then I go through and "quote" each seperate match report so that they are seperated from my normal comments, (simply a case of highlighting and clicking on the "quote" button.

Then I go through and do the bold and the colours.

Then at the very end and this is what you want......

To get the pics onto the text that you have already posted you copy the direct link to the pic and then with that info copied you highlight the text that you want to appear as the title.

Then with the text highlighted and the direct link to the pic still copied you left click on "insert link" (which is the globe with the chain above), a pop-up box will appear and then you paste the direct link into box and press enter.

It seems weird at first but after doing it for a few days I think it is actually easier than the old system.

Short version.

Copy link.
Highlight text.
Left click on globe.
Paste Link in box..
Enter:D.

chopper99
03-09-2008, 11:24
Cheers for that, I want my updates to be nice an readable.

sirdez24
03-09-2008, 12:29
In preperation for me taking over and doing updates later on, how do you turn a link into text in this version of the forum software? I can see how to post a hyperlink but not how to change what it says when it's added to your post :o

So basically how do I turn this:

http://community.sigames.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=28354

Into a link with a descriptive name of what the link leads to?

Text description (obviously remove the spaces either side of the '=').

chopper99
03-09-2008, 13:15
Text description (obviously remove the spaces either side of the '=').

Excellent, that looks even easier:

Link (http://community.sigames.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1592173)

Edit: And it works. The above link is just me testing this works so don't click it as you'll be disappointed

sirdez24
03-09-2008, 14:11
I'm a forum nerd from way back.

PaulHartman71
03-09-2008, 14:36
for a forum nerd you don't have a very high post count :D

DanTheMan
03-09-2008, 14:40
Robert - I didn't get banned, I lost my password for my PoopyPants account, so I made this one and got the old one deleted.

Also, I haven't had a responce as of yet, so would it be okay for me to have a season?

PaulHartman71
03-09-2008, 14:41
If you did then you'd probably go at the end of either list, since you have already done a season. But I doubt Bermy will deny you the chance to compete

chopper99
03-09-2008, 14:52
Also, I haven't had a responce as of yet, so would it be okay for me to have a season?

You've forgotton to mention the magic word. If you read the whole of the first few posts outlining the thread then you'll know what I'm talking about ;)

DanTheMan
03-09-2008, 14:53
I said it in my original post about halfway down the 28th page. ;)

PaulHartman71
03-09-2008, 15:08
yeah he did chopper, I noticed that when he posted it

DanTheMan
03-09-2008, 15:11
;)

Thanks for rescuing me Paul :p

PaulHartman71
03-09-2008, 15:16
you could have done it yourself by quoting your original post tbh

chopper99
03-09-2008, 15:20
yeah he did chopper, I noticed that when he posted it

Whoops :o

That's what happens when you try and work while browsing....

DanTheMan
03-09-2008, 15:22
I know, I tried to use the old 'link to post' button.

But I couldn't find it lol.

Jimbokav1971
03-09-2008, 15:53
January Transfer Window Roundup.

Players out.

Henriques. 26 year old MC from USA. £9.5M to Wolves.
Pedro. 21 year old DC from Portugal. £9.75M to Liverpool.
Mark Perry. 26 year old AML from Scotland. £1M to Sunderland.
Paul Watson. 22 year old AMR SC from USA. £300,000 to Dundee Utd.
Libor Vychodil. 22 year old AML/R from Czech Republic. £10M to Torino.
6 players released on a free, (nobody of any note).

Total players out this season £46,000,000.

Players in.

Peter Carruthers. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarruthersJan25.jpg)18 year old utility right sided player. £6.75M from Leeds.
He was one of the first real quality players found by my scouts and I battled long and hard to get him. As he is still only 18 he will develop into a "HG" at club playerwhich will prove invaluble while we do not have a youth system to speak of. A current England U21 International with 7 caps and 1 goal to his name. I have already started retraining him to play DR as he seems more like a DR than an MR. Also Amoroso now has 8 clubs after him so expect him to leave in the next few weeks.

Harm Meijer. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHarmMeijerJan25.jpg)20 year old Dutch DC. £95,000 from AZ.
Was really just signed as a squad player so that we could see if he develops over time with no pressure. I was very frustrated having to play players at the back who didn't want to be at the club and I want to ensure that we do not find ourselves in that situation again. He could do a job now, (at a push), but I see him developing nicely and we should make a tidy profit on him in a couple of years.

da Silva. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTondaSilvaJan25.jpg)19 year old Brazilian SC. £900,000 from Atletico Mineiro.
The real "star purchase" of the January transfer window. Unfortunately he arrives at a club who already has an abundance of riches in that area. We've been lucky with injuries all through the squad this season and I do not see that continuing. If need be I can a couple of the strikers out on loan. He is going to be sold for big bucks in a very short time.

Tomi Rajala. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTommiRajalaJan25.jpg)18 year old AMLC from Finland. £26,000 from FC Haka.
Already a Finish senior International at the tender age of 18, which means he will become "HG" at club. Looks like a squad player at best but there is no risk with him as we got him forv such a small fee. If he ever plays for the senior team then we've had a result but if not then should at least do well for the Reserves.

Henrik Moller. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHenrikMollerJan25.jpg)22 year old DC from Denmark. Free from AaB.
3 senior caps to his name already. Pretty basic attributes if I'm honest but the again that's how I like my centre-backs. Heading, marking, tackling, determination, concentration, positioning, jumping, pace, strength. Ticks on all of those so let's just see how he goes. Again, no risk involved here as he was signed on a free and wages pretty cheap too.

Timo Kiistala. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTimoKiistalaJan25.jpg)21 year old DC from Finland. £1.4M from Brondby.
4 Senior Finnish Caps. I really like this guy and was happy to spend the money on him. I would have paid more to be honest. The coaches say that he is playing at close to his full potential but I think we will see a little improvement and even then he will do nicely for us when called upon.

Lucca "De Stefano" Rocca. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLucaRocaJan25.jpg) 17 year old DC from Italy. £2.8M from Atalanta.
My riskiest purchase so far. Dubbed the next "De Stefano" really caught my eye and kept my interest too. Stats already look good and already has played 3 times for the Italian U21's. The 3rd player signed by me during this window who will develop to become "HG" at club. While we are not producing good quality youngsters ourself this of vital.

Tommi Laaksonen. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonTommiLaaksonenJan25.jpg) 21 year old DRC from Finland. £825,000 from FC Midtjylland.
3 Senior Caps to his name and I think we will gain many more. Probably the pick of the 6 centr-backs that I have just signed.With Pedro gone and Okolie kicking up a fuss about going and skipper Vernon attracting interest despite not really producing the goods on the field, I am tempted to off-load the old and stick with the new if they show me enough in the coming weeks.

Souza. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSousaJan25.jpg) 21 year old AML from Brazil. £50,000 from Atletoco Paranaense.
Born in Brazil but has an Italian passport and has represented Italy U21's on 13 occasions scoring 1 goal. Another signed on such a small fee that there is no risk involved. If he works out then great. If not the Rererves will benefit while he is here.

Martin Van Galen. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonMartinvanGalenJan25.jpg) 19 year old D/WB L from Holland. £35,000 from Heerenveen.
3 Dutch U21 caps gives an indication of some early promise. The coaches do not think he will make the grade but I am pretty sure that he will at least earn us some money.

Gustavo. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonGustavoJan25.jpg)20 year old AMR from Brazil. £3.2M from Fluminense.
He wasn't cheap, well £3.2M isn't cheap to me anyway, and I really was looking for a left sided winger when stumbled across him. My search goes on for a left but with David recently requesting a transfer it seems like I have a replacement ready and waiting already. Now isn't that better than "no you can't leave"?

Leonardo Melo. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeonardoMeloJan25.jpg) 19 year old D/WB L from Brazil. Free from Corinthians.
Has Italian as a 2nd Nationality so a work permit is not an issue. Poor strength and workrate are a problem for me but he actually look a decent(ish) footballer. He will be another one that we look to make money on over the next few seasons rather than expecting him to reach any significant level on the pitch.

O'Rourke. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonORourkeJan25.jpg)23 year old D/DMC from N.Ireland. £2.7M from Sunderland.
Oh he's going to be a big player for us. Young British and versatile. 15 senior Caps and 1 goal for N.Ireland. He looks like he is equally at home at DC or at DM but it is actually in MC where I have need of his talents. He was signed to play in the middle and I think he will do well there. An excellent purchase even if I do say so myself.

Steve Burneary. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSteveBurbearyJan25.jpg) 27 year old DRC DM MRC from England. £2M from Southend.
Another British guy who can play at the back but was bought to play in the middle of the pitch. We need experience in there to stop our kids getting hammered, (as has been happening in recent weeks), and I can see O'Rourke and Burneary doing a good job in there for us.

Douglas Barros. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDouglasBarosJan25.jpg) 21 year old D/WB R from Brazil. £300,000 from Atletico Mineiro.
I'm not really sure what to make of him if I'm honest. Like the purchase of Tales earlier on this season, I was initially attracted by the Brazilian U21 Caps (38 & 5 goals), as his stats and reports do not seem to indicate a huge hidden talent. Saying that, I was surprised when he was granted a work permit. What do they know that we don't? Anyway, a small outlay in terms of transfer fee and wages and I am pretty sure that we will be able to make a profit on him at worst.

Total players in this season £37.5M.

As you can see the overall quality that I have brought in isn't great. I suppose I've done ok for the long term future of the club, but that will be no good if I take us down this season. Of the players I've listed, probably only da Silva, the 2 Finnish DC's, Gustavo, O'Rourke and Burneary improve the squad. The others are either no better than we have at present or were purchased with an investment in mind rather than performances on the pitch.

We now have an abundance of quality SC's at the club in Benoit, Billy, Carrilho, da Silva & Rosenberg. It is likely that 2 of them will leave vefore I finish the season. Rosenberg is the hot favourite to go but he is the one in particular i would like to keep due to his ability in the air. Time will tell.

I'm still looking for 1 real quality left sided midfielder and an out and out playmaker in the middle too. Ideally the playmaker would be able to take set-pieces, (something that we have been lacking up until the window) and also skipper the side. I don't want much from him do I. I'm also on the look out for an experienced GK. Someone that can come in and play immediately allowing me to show Nordin the door. He was unsettled by the others and now he wants to leave and his performances in December were awful.

With the 2 new lads in the middle I am confidant of turning things around. Surely there are too many goals in the team for uis to get relegated.

GazTheDoood
03-09-2008, 16:11
Jimbo...
Mate, things look really good if i'm honest, the form in the league has been dissappointing of late, but those signings look inspired.
Hopefully, they will improve the squad fantastically in years to come, good work.
The defence in particular looks to have a solid future.

Personally, O'Rourke looks class :thup:

It's not great to see Vychodil acting like a prize dickhead, so it's probably better without him.
9.5m is very good business for Henriques :thup:

Just to add, i'd like to see Rosenberg stay, I think he has the ability to succeed at the highest level.
Having said that, youth strikers look quality, and Carillho's been on form, so i'll leave it to you.

KUTGW mate. :D

roberto922
03-09-2008, 17:45
I've got my laptop now and am in the middle of installing FM, has Mikel finished yet?

canvey!!
03-09-2008, 18:56
Hang in there, Jimbo. Got some good signings that can be plugged into the team now to keep the campaign on the rails. Shame about the League Cup, but that's a good tip you've given me there. O'Rourke does look like a great signing, hoping to have him as the anchor of the midfield for years to come.

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 15:00
I know you've all got used to my in depth reports but time is running short for me and I'm only at the beginning of March so I need to get a hurry on and finish for tomorrow.

As a result the reports will be coming thick and fast but will not be as detailed as before I'm afraid.

Sorry.

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 16:09
Ten Ton Mid January 2026 Update.

Feeder clubs.

I noticed as soon as I took over that the club didn't have any feeder clubs. I know that there was an issue to having a parent club and getting an unfair advantage from a loan system that is illegal in the UK, but loaning players out the other way both to feeder clubs and normal clubs seems to be within the ethos that we play so I went ahead and accepted Carlisle of League 1.

Well the time has come around for me to ask for another and I have been given the following choices. I told them I wanted "any type" of feeder as all this Premiership malarkey is all a bit new to me.

This is what they came back to me with.

KSV Sottegem (Belgium). Obviously I know that Belgian clubs are used as feeder clubs to help players get dual nationality as it only takes 3 years in Belgium.

Montana (Montana) (Bulgaria). I wasn't aware of Bulgaria having a short term to obtain nationality but what do I know. Anyway, I've got the arse with Berbatov so it's not to be a Bulgarian feeder.

Chavdar (Byala Slatina) (Bulgaria). As above, but I also have no intention of having anything to do with a club that starts with CHAV.

Odra Opole (Poland). Yeah I had heard that Poland were quick like Belgium, but there can;t be anyone there to play against. All the Poles are living in England.
So I opted for HSV Sottegem and I will be sending players there immediately, (just for the experience), as up till now if a work permit is refused the deal is just cancelled. I guess now I will get the option to continue iwith the deal if I want but I will be told that the player will be unavailable for games.

So we now have Carlisle where we can send some players out for much needed experience, (vital now that I have started an "imported" youth acadamy of sorts, (you will see later).

And we have Sottegem in Belgium where we can send the youngsters who we want to get a work permit in 3 years, (rather than 5). Just so you know my plan is to use it to bring in kids at the age of 18 and then ship them off to Belgium. When they have a work permit they will also be classed as "home grown at club".

If anyone sees pics that I will post if I have time, anyone who comes into the club without a work permit is given the nickname "Send back to Belgium". This is to act as a reminder to those of you who follow that he should be sent back to Belgium again as soon as possible each season. After they have received their work permits then the nickname can be changed to whatever you want or just back to their original name.

At the current time I have to on trial at Sottegem.

Alexey Logvinov. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLogvinovProfileJan25.jpg)21 year old Russian DM. The plan is now to only use it for players that I can get at 18, but this was the first and he was a bit of a tester.

Rafael Martins. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRafaelMartinsFeb26.jpg)18 year old Brazilian MRC. He's classed as fairly ambitious so we are likely to lose him pretty soon after he gets the work permit if he is any good so you guys need to consider contracts for these "WP" guys over the next couple of season.

Managing in the Premiership is bloody hard work.

The other "WP" guys that I have on the way are as follows. I think that they will all be Brazilians who can't be transferred until after their 18th birthday but to be honest it's been one constant non-stop Transfer deal after transfer deal this season.

Jose Augusto Lima. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonJoseAugustoLimaFeb26.jpg)

Sidnei Araujo. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSidneiAraujoFeb26.jpg)

I think that's it as far as "WP's" are concerned. There are other young South Americans waiting to turn 18 to join but they either have 2nd Nationalities or have been granted work premits, (I think).

PaulHartman71
04-09-2008, 16:13
another good update, and looking like you've done a lot for the future of the club :thup:

Not bothered about the 'Feeder' club, but I think we should keep it to a certain amount per club if we are to have any.

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 17:06
Ten Ton January 2026 Update.

So after 4 successive losses and 6 games without a win, would the new talent that we had brought into the club be able to turn things around.

FA Cup 3rd Round. Preston 1 Ten Ton 2.
Carrliho (87, 90).

MOM Carrilho.

The goals may have come late but honestly we deserved it. That Carrilho lad is pure class. David on the right flank also had an excellent game as we reverted once again to 4141 to try and stop the rott.

League. Ten Ton 2 Man Utd 2.
Rosenberg (71)
Tales (90)

Man Utd are struggling so I go all out to win in a 433 formation. It doesn't work and by half time we are trailling by 2 goals. I kept faith with them though and it was rewarded with 2 late goals to grab us only our 3rd league point out of a possible 18.

David asks to be placed on the transfer list. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonDavidrequeststransferJan25.jpg) I accept and offer him out at a decent price. Anyone who doesn't want to be here doesn't have to stay if we can get decent money for them. In any case I have Gustavo ready to fill his boots and then some.

League. Wigan 2 Ten Ton 0.

Wigan are a good team and flying high in the league. We did ok but just got beaten by a better team.

Fans criticise my tactics.

That's the first time we've played 4141 in ages, and as for being reluctant to change I've changed too much if anything.

I started with a 4141 away tactic and a 41221 home tactic.

The home tactic wasn't working so I went to a 451 tactic.

I've played 442.

I played a home wing-back and an away wing-back tactic for quite a while.

If anything I'm tinkering too much.

They should pay attention a little more.

Pedro making his league debut for Liverpool. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPedromakinghisleaguedebutagai.jpg)

Not what him or his manager were hoping for. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLiverpoolresultJan25.jpg)

League. Ten Ton 3 Liverpool 0.
Rosenberg
Gustavo
Billy

MOM The whole bloomin team!

What a performance. Forget 3-0. It could have been 5 or 6. This result is flippin HUGE!

FA Cup. Ten Ton 0 Leeds 0.

We were missing the injured Carrilho and both teams cancelled eachother out.

Billy requested to go on transfer list. I have accepted. We have an abundance of strikers and although he is "HG" at club, he is not quite up to the standard of Carrilho for example who is my preferred choice to partner Rosenberg up front.

Rosenberg unhappy about not being allowed to discuss terms with Newcastle.

Newcastle bid of £30M accepted by Chairman.

Michael Bentley (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonMichaelBentleyFeb26.jpg)of Stoke is one of our ex youth players. He's now playing in the Premiership! (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonMichaelBentleyhistoryFeb26.jpg)

League. Stoke 2 Ten Ton 0.

Really not happy with eaither the performance or the result. Deserved 3 points for Stoke. We were poor.

League. Ten Ton 1 West Ham 0.
Benoit.

A huge 3 points to keep the teams below us at arms length. Benoits first for the club comes as a relief to both him and me. The board and fans have been less than impressed with his performances for the reserves since signing, (and rightly so), but he's only just getting ton grips with the langiage so we will give him more time yet. 3 points here though is a hell of a way to start paying off a £4M debt.

I haven't got a league table for you I'm afraid, but I'm pretty sure that we were still 13th with a couple of points gap both above and below us. We were about 11 points from the relegation zone if memory serves me right.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 17:17
Any news on Mikels save game?

roberto922
04-09-2008, 17:18
Sorry lol I didn't see the save game on page 28, I'll load it up soon

PaulHartman71
04-09-2008, 17:47
Just to make sure roberto, have you thoroughly read all of the rules?

roberto922
04-09-2008, 17:49
Right then 2 days in and I already have an offer for one of our players Jorge Gutierrez, I have no idea what he's like so I've stalled on the 450k offer, opinions? Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/JorgeGutirrezProfile.png)

roberto922
04-09-2008, 17:50
Yes I have Paul

roberto922
04-09-2008, 17:54
And in case you were wondering, I'll post the Board Confidence etc. when I get to the league reset date (May atm)

dafuge
04-09-2008, 17:55
Right then 2 days in and I already have an offer for one of our players Jorge Gutierrez, I have no idea what he's like so I've stalled on the 450k offer, opinions? Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/JorgeGutirrezProfile.png)

He's one of Mikel's signings I think, what do our coaches/scouts say about him? Is he good/leading premier league potential?

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:07
Decent Championship now, Good prem potential.

In other news our new shirt sponsorship will arrive next season and I'm sure it will be a lot more than last season, secondly I've been looking through the positions and left back is one of the positions that I feel needs strengthening so I've been looking around and I saw that Ridleys is rather good so I scouted him. The scout rated him as a lot better than Rinaldi, should I go for him? Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/RidleysProfile.png). Here's another one I'm looking at: Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/TomVassellProfile.png)

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 18:07

Form 45676

Average rating 6.11 (for the Reserves).

Not much of a decision unless you;ve been playing him in goal:D

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:08
Well pointed out Jimbo... I can't believe I didn't look at that :D

Mikel LUFC
04-09-2008, 18:11

I'd say keep but I'm biased but you could get a lot more for him in a couple of seasons

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:12
Hmm fair point, as the amount is pretty small I'm gonna keep him and loan him out, but on your head be it Mikel ;)

Mikel LUFC
04-09-2008, 18:14
Hmm fair point, as the amount is pretty small I'm gonna keep him and loan him out, but on your head be it Mikel ;)
Ok there's a lot of players in the reserves that I would give the same advice for. Oh have the players that I got at the season come yet?

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:15
No, It's the 23rd May atm, I've been checking everything out

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:21
Tempting, I think this would be a good deal because if he does go for a high price in a couple of years we'll get a decent sum of it. Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/Gutierrez2.jpg)

Mikel LUFC
04-09-2008, 18:21
No, It's the 23rd May atm, I've been checking everything out
No worries I'm just warning you that some will need a WP but you can just ship them off to Belgium like the others that need one in the reserves.

Mikel LUFC
04-09-2008, 18:22
Tempting, I think this would be a good deal because if he does go for a high price in a couple of years we'll get a decent sum of it. Profile (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/Gutierrez2.jpg)
Don't think we have any RB cover though if we do then take it as 1.2mill profit in a season is very good + we could get more in the future.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:24
Ok, one question about this, would you all prefer me getting your opinions on possible transfers or just got on with it? I've got no preference so..

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 18:24
Ten Ton February 2026 update.

FA Cup 4th Round Replay. Leeds 2 Ten Ton 1.
da Silva (66)

I'll be honest with you. My aim was to not concede. If we scored at the other end then great, but my main aim was to not concede and see how things went in extra-time and if needed penalties. Leeds are top of the Championship and a decent team but they shouldn't be able to threaten us the way we were set out. I had selected a 3232 defensive wingback tactic and things were looking good. Tommi Laaksonen was performing like a Greek God at the back and although we weren't creating many chances ourselves, both da Silva and Benoit were causing a nuisance and I had no doubt that sooner or later a glorious chance would present itself. I was just watching and waiting and hoping that when the time came they took it. Then all hell broke loose.

Leeds were in trouble and they knew it. They have some good players in their team but the strangth is all getting on a bit and I'm sure they were not too keen on penalties. The manager decided to introduce Ten Ton old boy NepentheZ, (some of you might remember that I almost signed him last month), onto the right flank and straight away he started to become influential. 1 key pass from him and our left sided wingback, (Carl Hughes), had seen enough. Crash! He went straight through him with an awful two footed lunge the next time he got the ball. I felt it from here. It was a straight red and the ref had no choice.

Now we were up against it. the tables had been turned. I threw caution to the wings and immediatelt threw on both our Brazilian wingers, (David & Gustavo), and went 342. Straight away the game became more open. We were tearing Leeds apart. The 2 wingers were really on it and if only the 2 strikers could stick one of them away.

Then da Silva does it. Gustavo on the right this time, (I tell them to swap during the game), and he beats his man, (twice), before beating another on the way to the byline and sending the ball over to the near post where da Silva has time to control it and fire it in off the defenders legs. I'm going mental now. Come on dirty Leeds! What have you got?

An 81st minute equaliser and an 85th minute winner completely and outrageously against the run of play:eek:.

Gutted.

League. Ten Ton 0 Newcastle 1.

Really good performance but just not the result we were looking for. They score from their 1 solitary strike on target and their GK makes a string of top saves to keep us out.

League. Crystal Palace 3 Ten Ton 1.
O'Rourke (18).

Palace are a decent side and were worthy winners in the end after scorinig some fine goals but it was closer than the scoreline suggests. Isn't it always.

League. Wolves 3 Ten Ton 2.
Kucernak (52, 67).

2-0 down at half time. We fight back to 2-2 only to concede a heartbreaking 95th minute goal to deny u what would have been a hard-earned point. Really good 2nd half performance though.

If you are wondering who the hell Kucernak is and what he's doing playing up front for Ten Ton then hang in there and I will give you a "close of January 2026 transfer window" update.

League Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeagueTableFeb26.jpg)

We're 14th now and only 7 points above the drop-zone. Man Utd, Blackburn and Sunderland directly below us but with only Bolton & Sunderland below us in the Form Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonFormtableFeb26.jpg)

10 games left to beat the drop.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:25
I've decided to accept the offer and theres a few good freebies at RB so I'll try for one of those for back up.

Mikel LUFC
04-09-2008, 18:28
Ok, one question about this, would you all prefer me getting your opinions on possible transfers or just got on with it? I've got no preference so..
Just go for it. I did.

I've decided to accept the offer and theres a few good freebies at RB so I'll try for one of those for back up.
ok then sounds like a plan

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:40
Right then 3 pieces of news came at once.

Stadium Expansion (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/Expansionplanned.jpg)

Not alot but every little helps ;)

Fishers debt cleared (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/fishercleardebts.jpg)

Apparently we were rich enough to write off some of our debts, it's all looking good.

Sponsorship deal (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/sponsorshipdeal.jpg)

This really is disappointing tbh but as long as we continue our success we'll do fine financially.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 18:45
And another one comes crashing in.

Euro club rankings (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/europeanclubrankings.jpg)

Quite a hike eh! if you're getting fed up of the rapid updates I can slow down.

PaulHartman71
04-09-2008, 18:53
ul Jimbo, hopefully we can put that bad month behind us and stay in the top flight :thup:

roberto922
04-09-2008, 19:13
Fisher Athletic Season Preview 2026/27

Right then let's start.

Board Confidence (http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn49/ohmylife92/boardconfidence-1.jpg)

Realistic target tbf and one that I feel I can achieve.

My Hopes

My dream would be a title challenge which, with the side we have, is IMO a possibility.

My Predictions

Realistically we'll probably be in the fight for UEFA Cup/ Champions League places, if we can hold on to our star players (which I fully intend to do) then we can get higher

predicted position: 4th/5th.

Predicted top scorer: Emiliano Hoxha

Predicted Player of the year: Kenan Popov

Young player to watch: Eder Nobre.

canvey!!
04-09-2008, 19:17
Does anyone know what I need to download/create in order to get the club name as Ten Ton rather than Solihull Moors? I couldn't find it in the opening posts, nor in a thread search for 'download' or 'file'. Cheers.

Frazza Pee
04-09-2008, 19:19
Does anyone know what I need to download/create in order to get the club name as Ten Ton rather than Solihull Moors? I couldn't find it in the opening posts, nor in a thread search for 'download' or 'file'. Cheers.
Nep or someone will email you. We can't discuss it on the forums.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 19:20
:confused: if you mean for this challenge you don't, you just wait until Jimbo has finished his season and uploads it. If you're just talking in general all you have to do is change the name in the pre game editor.

canvey!!
04-09-2008, 19:21
Nep or someone will email you. We can't discuss it on the forums.

Okay thanks. I will be sitting in wait http://forums.thesimsresource.com/images/smilies/xdevil2.gif.

Frazza Pee
04-09-2008, 19:22
:confused: if you mean for this challenge you don't, you just wait until Jimbo has finished his season and uploads it. If you're just talking in general all you have to do is change the name in the pre game editor.
No, it's not that he means. Look, we can't discuss it on the forums. For you Fisher should be called Legends iirc but it's not as it hasn't been changed in the pregame editor. Anyway, enough discussion about it. OK!!

roberto922
04-09-2008, 19:25
Alright Frazza calm down :rolleyes:

Frazza Pee
04-09-2008, 19:29
Alright Frazza calm down :rolleyes:
You really don't understand do you?

MikaelS
04-09-2008, 19:30
You really don't understand do you?
must admit, neither do i. :confused:

roberto922
04-09-2008, 19:31
No I don't Frazza.

Frazza Pee
04-09-2008, 19:54
No I don't Frazza.
I'll PM you.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 19:54

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 20:04
Ten Ton. Close of January 2026 Transfer Window update..

Sorry. Completely forgot that I hadn't done this until I started posting about players that none of you have heard of.

First for the bad news.

Billy (20) SC. Had asked to go on the transfer list. He only had about 18(ish) months remaining on his contract and if I am honest wasn't getting the number of games that his considerable talent deserves. If I was him I would have wanted to move on as well. It was a shame to see him go as he was our only English striker and I quite liked him.

Appearances 78(28).
Goals 45.
Assists 12.
MOM awards 6.
Purchased for £1.3M.
Sold for £5.25M + 50% to Rangers.

It was just too good a deal for me to turn down considering it looked unlikely that I would be able to give him enough games to make him consider signing a new contract.

Rosenberg (24) SC. Newcastle came in with a big bid and it was accepted. I thought I would try and see what more I could get for him so I offered him out for a similar amount. About 24 clubs came in for him, of which I accepted about half the offers. He agreed to join Liverpool, (where he joins Pedro), which is better than him joining Newcastle as Newcastle are good at the moment and we don't want to sell our best players to them if we can help it. After the disaster I had with the last 2 want-away players, i wasn't about to stand in Rosenbergs way.

Appearances 35(5).
Goals 40.
Assists 9.
MOM awards 13.
Purchased for £750,000.
Sold for £12.25M + 50% to Liverpool.

I was hoping that we might be able to keep him till the end of the season but it wasn't to be. The chairman accepted the bids but I would have accepted this anyway.

Okolie (20) DC. He was upset by Pedro & Lychovil and was never the same. He was adamant to go so I engineered this move and accepted the offer when it came in. Knowing this was going to happen during this window I made sure that I had signed a good few capable centre-backs.

Appearances 26(7).
Goals 0.
Assists 0.
MOM awards 0.
Purchased for £300,000.
Sold for £2.8M + 30%.

He looked better than he played if I am honest. Maybe that was down to other disruptive influences but if he's not performing then....... I wanted a 50% resale fee but couldn't get it without trading off on initial price which I didn't want to do as I am not sure that his character might stunt his development.

Ian Webber, (29) D/WB(R). We have a wealth of young talent on the right now so it seemed sensible to cash in on him while we still could.

Appearances 51(0).
Goals 0.
Assists 7.
MOM awards 3.
Purchased for £220,000.
Sold for £1.6M to Hull.

He hasn't featured in the league for me so I am happy to let him go. The fee was just a bonus.

So that means that I have sold £68M worth of players this season, (with a considerable amount of % resale value to be added onto that in the future). That's a serious amount of money.

So we lost 2 front line SC's and a good DC, (even if he didn't play as if he was). I had to get some guys in to fill the gaps. DC was not a problem as I think I brought in about half a dozen at the beginning of the window. SC was more of a problem and one that I now had only 2 days to solve, (before the window closed). Carrilho was still out injured, (thank God otherwise I am sure he would have gone too), so I was down to Benoit, (who was still struggling in the Reserves, and da Silva who looks like he is going to be great, but is not yet firing on all sylinders. I can't let the window close with just those 3.

Tomas Kucernak (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonKucernakProfileFeb26.jpg)was exactly what I was looking for. A like for like replacement for Rosenberg with significant ability in the air to give us options if we needed to go direct. He cost £6.5M from Olympiakos and although he is playing at close to his potential, that will do me.

I thought that I was just going to have to settle for 4 strikers and hope that it was enough but then I managed to sneak a cheeky one through in the last few hours of the window.

Mark Richardson (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonRichardsonProfileFeb26.jpg) joined for an initial £7.5M from Wolves. The price might seem high for a 17 year old but I was determined to not have a % of re-sale clause in the contract and I had to pay for it. Much better to pay now rather than have them take a big slice of the next deal from us. He is rated as having the potential to be as good as Carrilho and be a leading Premiership SC. That will do for me thak you muchly.

I sneaked in a few young Brazilians that you might have seen from the "Feeder Club Update", but there were another few little beauties as well.

Soriano. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSorianoProfileFeb26.jpg) 17 year old Spanish DC. Cost me £1.6M from Sevilla. Will easily be good enough for the Premiership and I have got him early enough so that he will be classed as "HG" at club. If we can't get them coming through our ranks then I will simply go out and by them.

Baros. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBarosProfileFeb26.jpg) 21 year old Brazilian D/WB(R). The coaches don't rate him that highly but i have no doubt that even in the worst case scenario we will turn a profit on him. Purchased for £300,000 from Atletico Mineiro.

Then there are those that I have hooked but who are yet to arrive.

Carlos. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonCarlosProfileFeb26.jpg) 17 year old Brazilian GK. Scouts think he will become a good Premiership GK but I am hopeful of more than good as I think he ws granted a work permit and won't have to go to Belgium. Signed for just £12,000.

Imre Halgas. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonHalgasProfileFeb26.jpg) 20 year old Hungarian DM. I like the look of him already. Signed on a free.

Fabio Miranda. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonMirandaProfileFeb26.jpg)17 year old Portugese DC. The scouts say that he has the potential to be as good as matt Vernon, (our skipper). Signed for £12,000 + clauses, (sorry about the clauses).

Ronieli Pinheiro. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonPinheiroProfileFeb26.jpg)16 year old Beazilian AMRC, (with an Italian passport). He has a stupid name but who cares when he has the potential to be as good as Vychodil but has a fairly loyal personality. Cost just £2,200

Gelson Santos. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSantosProfileFeb26.jpg) 17 year old Brazilian DC, (with a Portugege passport). He's a bit of a wild card this one as the scouts aren't so impressed but I just saw his dual natinality and thought what the hell. He only cost me £2,200

Sebastiao Silva Ribeiro. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSantosProfileFeb26.jpg) 16 year old Brazilian SC. Has the potential to be better than Carrilho according to a scout with JPP of 20. Cost £77,000 and an indication of his talent is that he was granted a work permit.

Alan Warner. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonWarnerProfileFeb26.jpg)31 year old DM. We've got DC's and DM's coming out of our asses now so i'm not sure why I signed this guy. Anyway, he's on his way and as long as he doesn't get too much old and slower before he arrives we should be able to use him. Signed on a free.

So all in all I would say that in terms of building for the future I have far surpassed my wildest expoectations as to what I would achieve this season. ALl that is left to do is to stay up.

So that brings my total transfer spending to a whopping £55M, (still £13M less than I have brought in), and all the players I have signed (bar one), are youngsters, and even the 2 older guy was signed on a free. Happy days.

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 21:18
We've only gone and bloomin well qualified for Europe! (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonEuropeFeb26.jpg):eek:

Anyone know how that works?

roberto922
04-09-2008, 21:21
The highest placed team that hasn't already qualified for Europe goes through to the Euro Vase if they accepted their invitation, you haven't qualified for Europe yet though ;)

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 21:38
Spoilsport:mad:

roberto922
04-09-2008, 21:39
:D anything to put a downer on Ten Tons season ;)

PaulHartman71
04-09-2008, 21:40
some of those players look VERY tasy Jimbo!

Yeah we haven't qualified for Europe just yet, highest finished team that apply get the spot iirc

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 22:09
But it says it right there.

We've been invited. See.

aaberdeenn
04-09-2008, 22:10
Every club will get that. Some will choose to apply, some won't. The highest placed finishing team of those that have applied will get the spot.

roberto922
04-09-2008, 22:10
Yeah you've been invited to apply for a place which means if you're the highest placed team that hasn't qualified for Europe but has applied for the Euro Vase you will go through to the Euro Vase.

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 22:45
FFS you guys. Just humour me. Please:D.

I what the score is.

I just need a laugh as my season is going down the pan fast:(.

NepentheZ
04-09-2008, 23:43
Can't believe you sold Palmer :(

If he wasn't getting enough games, play him more. :*(

Hope you get into the Inter toto cup though. :thup:

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 23:50
Ten Ton March 2026 Update.

7th March. Abraham requests that he be placed on the transfer list. I accept his request an immediately offer him out to clubs for £2.5M + 50% (the 19 year old is currently worth £1.9M).

8th March. Abraham asks to be taken off the transfer list. Idiot! I accept and immediately offer him a new deal, (he only has 18 months left).

9th March. Abraham accepts new contract.

Was this his plan all along?

League. Ten Ton 1 Chelsea 4.
Carruthers (37)

This result was a travesty. First of all da Silva screws a 1 v 1 wide in the first minute and the resulting goal kick ends up on the toe of David "the Beast" Siegl for him to slam home for a 1-0 lead when they should be 1-0 dow. Then da Silva misses 2 more glorious chances, (and by glorious I mean I had already started celebrating), only for him to pass 1 of them to the GK and him to somehow miss with the other. Shambles, utter shambles. Carrilho was on the bench and came on in the 2nd half. He will start with Kucernak, (who was good) from now on.

We're 7 points and 4 positions above the relegation zone.

I've also just realised that I played my defensive team with my attacking tactic, FFS!

League. Arsenal 2 Ten Ton 2.
Kucernak(38, 84)

We were up against it and twice came back from a goal down. If only Carrilho was fit and firing on all cylinders then maybe it might have been different.Some really good performances from Nordin (GK), Vernon (DC), Burbeary (MC) & of course Kucernak (SC).
We're 6 points and 4 positions above the relegation zone.

Next up we are at home to rock bottom of the table Man City.

Lose this and I think we can kiss the Premiership goodbye.

League. Ten Ton 3 Man City 3.
Kucernak (45, 75)
da Silva (51)

Shambles. I don't know whether to be angry that we didn't win or delighted that we didn't lose. They score a 91st minute equaliser to put us right back in the mire just as I thought we have given ourselves some breathing space.

League. Bolton 2 Ten Ton 0.

We've just taken 1 point out of a possible 6 from the 2 worst teams in the league and 2 points from a possible 21 in the last 7 games. We are going down. I can feel it in my bones and there is nothing I can do about it.

We're 6 points and 4 positions above the relegation zone.

Disaster. Carrilho fractured his wrist:eek: while on International duty playing for Portugal against Ireland. Might be out for 2 months. that's the end of the season.

League. Ten Ton 3 Everton 1.
Benoit (28)
O'Rourke (51, 79).

Thank God. Thank bloomin God is all I can say. We were good, but let's be honest, who cares as long as we got some points.

We're 7 points and 4 positions above the relegation zone, (bot now I notice they all have a game in hand). When did that happen? We seem to have won but gone backwards!

League Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeagueMarch26.jpg)

Jimbokav1971
04-09-2008, 23:54
Can't believe you sold Palmer :(

If he wasn't getting enough games, play him more. :*(

Hope you get into the Inter toto cup though. :thup:

He was good but just not good enough.

We're close to getting relegated as it is.

With Billy playing instead if Carrilho I think we would be relegated already.

Sorry. I really didn't want to sell him.

It'a all your fault anyway.

If your "dirty Leeds" alter-ego hadn't got himsellf kicked up in the air in the FA CUp then Billy would still be playiing in the Cup games and may even have won a trophy by now.

I blame you:D!

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 06:43
Ten Ton Fixtures preview. close of 2026 season).

So we are now down to the business end of the season.

We have 6 games left to avoid relegation and currently have a buffer of 7 points and 4 positions from the relegation zone.

4th April. Portsmouth (A). Currently 7th, (2 points behind 4th). Still in the mix for a European spot. It will be tough getting anything there and I will be delighted with 1 point.

6th April. Sunderland (H). Currently 19th, (haven't won this year). We simply have to get 3 points here. If we do then those points enough could be enough to secure our furture.

11th April. Blackburn (A). Currently 18th but playing well. A recent win against Portsmouth helped them no end and they will be less stretched than at other points in the season as they have recently exited the UEFA Cup at the 2nd knockout stage to Lille. A distraction may be the FA Cup, (they play Aston Villa in the Semi-Final this Sunday and I will be hoping that they win. If we were at home I might be thinking of 3 points but away from home a single point will delight me.

25th April. Aston Villa (A). Currently 8th but really getting to a crunch part of the season for them. They play Galatasaray in the Qtr Final of the UEFA Cup on 2nd & 9th April and have the FA Cup Semi-Final against Blackburn stuck in the middle on 5th April. Let's hope their focus will be elsewhere when we play them. On current form they will prove too strong for us and depending on how we stand I might field a weakened team in this game and build the confidence by playing the senior team in a friendly against the U18's ao thet we can get their confidence up.

2nd May. Fulham (H). Currently 9th and already with 6 wins in the league since Christmas. They are not in any Cups so this will get their full attention. 1 possible chink in their armour may be that they recently sold 19 goal Brazilian Edu to Lazio for £19.25M and have not replaced him. Only 1 player has scored more than 10 goals this season, (Nemeth), and he is out with a Fractured arm. We should certainly look to take a point out of this game with their lack of power up front.

10th May. Tottenham (A). Currently 11th and with no other competitions to play for. Are decent at home though, as recent wins against Newcastle, Liverpool and Man City would prove. Honestly can't see us getting a point here.

chopper99
05-09-2008, 08:28
Tense times Jimbo, I think wins against Sunderland and Blackburn are essential and any points you manage to pick up from the other games will be a bonus.

It never seems to work out like that though in my experience, you're more likely to beat Portsmouth and Fulham while losing to Sunderland and Blackburn!

Good luck

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 08:34
League. Portsmouth 3 Ten Ton 2.
da Silva (61)
Kucernak (72)

MOM Rasmussen.

God we were poor for much of the game, yet perhaps if da Silva had got his shooting boots on we would have come away with something. If only Carrilho wasn't injured.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 08:36
League. Sunderland 3 Ten Ton 1.
Benoit.

We seem to be incapable of saving ourselves. We will just have to rely on other results to go our way. I can't believe I am so negative. I don't think I have ever been this dispondant about a game before.

We're 7 points and 2 positions above the relegation zone. (Blackburn have 2 games in hand on us though and both Stoke and Sunderland have 1). After gettinig battered by Sunderland I can really see no escape now, (short of thise below us not winning any more games).

:(

chopper99
05-09-2008, 08:41
Oh dear, at least if they go down they'll have some cash and some decent players.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 09:25
League. Blackburn 1 Ten Ton 0.

We concede an gut-wrenching 88th minute sickner after we had completely dominated the game and played to the plan of grafting out a boring 0-0 draw to gain us a valuble point.

I still can't believe we lost this game.

So in successive games we have gifted 3 points to 2 of our closest challengers to avoid relegation.

We're 4 points and 2 positions above the relegation zone, but now we have a game in hand on everyone).

Man City's fete has been sealed and they are down already.

Blackburn are now level on points with us, (but behind on goal difference), after 3 points against us, 1 point against Villa and 3 more points against Fulham. They entertain Spurs and then Travel to Man Utd for their last game.

Stoke took a solitary point off relegated Man City and will now need positive results away to Bolton and home to Everton to avoid the drop.

Sunderland took 3 points off us and 3 more of Blackburn but still need results from Man Utd (H) and Wigan (A), (no chance of getting anything at Wigan).

Maybe we can stay up on the points we already have, but I would love just 1 more point at least. 2 points will guarantee us safety(ish) on goal difference at least, but we might just be ok as everyone has been taking points off eachother.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 10:22
I look at our 3 remaining games, Villa (A),Fulham (H) and Spurs (A). The Fulham game is obviously our best bet for points as it is at home and hopefully by the time we play Spurs their dream of qualifying for European will be over. WIth that in mind I freshen up the squad, (just a little), and send them out to play 4141 and hope for a draw. Tomi Rajala will make his debut on the left flank and along with Laaksonen, Kiistala and Ikonen brings to 4 the number of Finnish Internationals we have starting. Benoit plays on his own up front but we see 17 year old Mark Richardson at some point as I rest to 2 main strikers and hope to give them a much needed confidence boost against the U18's on Tuesday.

Not surprisingly the Finnish manager is in the stands today. lets hope our young Finnish quartet put on a bit of a show.

League. Aston Villa 3 Ten Ton 2.
Benoit (4, 18)

MOM Benoit.

Benoit scores a brace in the forst half to give us a surprising lead as we dominate proceedings with the Finns excellent, but Rasmussen lets the side down as he sees red for a 2nd yellow in only the 38th minute.We haven't got a left back on the bench because he is the #2 DL. Tomi Rajala drops back to full back from the left flank, Ikonen plays more central from DM and Burbeary moves from the middle ton the left. It's not ideal but it should get us through to half time while I have a think.

At half time I stick Gustavo on for the already booked David, (can't risk going down to 9), but I leave the rest as is. I see nothing on the bench to strengthen what we have and I am wondering in the attendance in the stand is improving the performances of our young Finnish lads.

Villa score in the 77th and 80th minutes to secure and undeserved 3 points against my young battlers and we miss 3 1v1's in the closing minutes to get a draw.

Gutted. Too scared to look at the other results now.

We're 4 points and 2 positions above the relegation zone.

aaberdeenn
05-09-2008, 10:35
Beat Fulham and we stay up right?

Good luck mate.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 12:03
League. Ten Ton 1 Fulham 0.
Benoit.

MOM Benoit.

A priceless victory. Vernon and Kiistala at centre-half had big games as did O'Rourke in the middle and Kucernak up front. Benoit got the vital goal though and that's all that matters. A really hard-earned result.

We've done it. We are staying up.

We're 4 points and 3 positions above the relegation zone, (with only 1 game remaining so the lowest we can finish is 17th).

League. Spurs 3 Ten Ton 1.
Benoit.

Who cares that we should have won and this was just typucal of our whole season. All I care about is that I didn't get us relegated.

:D

chopper99
05-09-2008, 12:07
Nice one Jimbo. Staying in the Premier League in the clubs first ever season there can only be seen as a success. Plus you've built an excellent youth squad for the future.

I can't wait to take over after canvey now.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 12:39
Thank God that's over and we survived. It was probably just about my most nerve-wracking experience in FM ever. Normally I don't give a monkeys because I only play long term games and relegation, (although it has never happened), would be just something else to overcome. This was horrendous though knowing that there was a group of blokes all "sharing" the game and that i wouldn't just be relegating my Ten Ton team. I would be relegating theirs as well.

All things considered, I'm actually pretty proud of my performance. What with the internal issues with player unhappiness and then losing my best players at the end of both transfer windows, not to mention starting with a pretty limited squad, (not many from the Championship winning team would make the starting line-up now), I think I did pretty well.

Where I did really well was recruiting players though. Helped no end by Gaz, who created me and excellent Scouting team before he left, I scoured the globe, (well Europe, Scandinavia and South America actually) to find the brightest young talent out there. That I was able to sign strikers to replace the likes of those that we lost impressed even myself.

I have recently just made my last signing. He is someone that I have been trailing for a while but whom his club wanted an extortionate price for and with a ridiculously large sell on % included. I have been haggling away and commenting in the media and re-offering again and again and last week I finally got my man.

Bandito. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonBanditoMay26.jpg)16 year old Mexican Superstar MC in the making. He has Spanish dual nationality so a "WP" is not a problem and he will be joining in July for £9.5M, (although only £3.3M of that is to be paid up front). It sound like a lot of money, and it is, but I think he is going to be the dogs ballacks if you know what I mean. I'm pretty confidant that he will become a superstar in the not too distant future.

So anyway, that's enough from me. Here are some final links with someinfo for you and the save game for the nect guy, (who is Canvey I think, but don't trust me on that).

League Table. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonLeagueTableMay26.jpg)

Squad. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonSquadMay26.jpg)

Reserves. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonReservesMay26.jpg)

Confidence. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonConfidenceMay26.jpg)

Information. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonInformationMay26.jpg)

Affiliates. (http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g118/Jimbokav1971/Ten%20Ton%202526/TenTonAffiliatesMay26.jpg)

Save game for canvey! (http://files.filefront.com/Ten+Ton2+May+26fm/;11704228;/fileinfo.html)

For anyone who has missed it along the way, the codes in the nicknames of the players are as follows.

"." Not good enough. Needs to be replaced if he is in the squad. If he's not in the squad then he shouldn't be purchased.

"*" A star, (or a potential star). Keep him if we can and buy him if we can.

"HG" A player that has arrived at the club at an early enough age so that he will eventually become "Homegrown at club".

"SELL" Pretty basic really. we need to get rid.

"Send me to Belgium please". The guy needs a work permit and heeds to be loaned out until he gets one and can then join the rest of the squad.

"£" The player was primarly bought as an investment and may not have been in my plans to feature in the senior team ever. Some will become good enogh to play for the senior team but the rest of them should just be used to sell on and make a profit on.

"***" The Ass Man highlight 1 youngster who is promoted from the youth acadamy each season. This player is marked like this so that we can give him extra attenton.

Some players might have 2 or 3 of the above at the same time.

If you don't like this system or my nicknames then please feel to just get rid of them. It;s how I play and might be helpful to you but don't feel you have to if you don't want to.

Thanks for the opportunity to do this guys. I really enjoyed it:thup:.

I'm busy now so won't be joining the list again but I am sure I will have a go again with FM09.

Good luck to both teams.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 12:50
Canvey. Assuming that nobody leaves, (yeah right), then it's MC and ML & GK that you need to look at bringing people in at.

Nordin is the senior Gk. He was affected by Pedro & Lychovil & wants out. That affected his performances and is one of the reasons we struggled after Christmas. Sell him gor whatever you can, (keeping the 2 young Brits as back-ups), and get your own man in. You should be able to afford someone significantly better than Nordin. The bottom scout is currently looking for GK's only.

There is an old, (well in his 30's anyway) , African MC coming in on a free. His stats might have decreased too much by the time he arrives so if need be just ignore him. He didn't cost anything anyway. We have plenty of DM's but we need that little but of quality, (that Bandito will provide but not in time for you). Look to buy a mre offensive minded MC than we have.

ML. is probably our weakest position. I am training the 2 Brazilians to play on the other side, (well I have them swap over during games so what difference does it make), but it;s not ideal. The young Finnish guy is good but not developed enough yet.

Other than that, enjoy:thup:.

GazTheDoood
05-09-2008, 13:32
Well done Jimbo, congratulations on keeping us up.

As for the signings, EXCELLENT job, they all look very impressive.
We'll be a force to be reckoned with in future seasons for sure.

GazTheDoood
05-09-2008, 13:32
And, good luck to canvey!! of course.

chopper99
05-09-2008, 13:57
Aye, good luck to canvey for the next season.

I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this team. This is one of the mose interesting games I've been involved in for ages, and I haven't even played the save yet!

aaberdeenn
05-09-2008, 14:32
Well done Jim, great effort. :thup:

roberto922
05-09-2008, 14:49
Softies: I'm gonna be pretty busy for a few weeks so I'll pass the gauntlet over to whoevers next, if possible could I go back 3-4 places as I still want to play it at some point.

PaulHartman71
05-09-2008, 15:02
not a bad first season in the Premiership Jimbo :thup:

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 15:32
Softies: I'm gonna be pretty busy for a few weeks so I'll pass the gauntlet over to whoevers next, if possible could I go back 3-4 places as I still want to play it at some point.

The softies have taken a quick look at Bandito and the other youngsters I've brought in and are calling for their brown trousers already:D.

dave safc
05-09-2008, 15:33

I make that Tilla to go next for the softies then.

And here's the game:

Softies Save Game (http://rapidshare.com/files/141618709/SouthernSofties.fm.html)

roberto922
05-09-2008, 15:35
Ok :thup: just use Mikel LUFCs save game Tilla as I only got to July

DanTheMan
05-09-2008, 16:46
Can I go on the list for the Softies please?

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 17:55
Dan. I don't think anyones ignoring you.

dafuge is back to work this week and I would guess he's pretty busy, (he did say he wasn't going to be around much), and Bermy hasn't been around much either, (I have a feeling that he said he was on hols). dafuge will probably be on over the weekend but if he isn't then send him a private message and ask him to add you to the list on the opening page.

dafuge
05-09-2008, 18:07
Sorry about that, I've been back to work this week and unfortunately it has coincided with the delivery of two rooms worth of new furniture, so I've barely been on the forums at all.

Tonight I'll go through the last few pages of the thread and update the list on the first page.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 18:19
Part-timer.;)

DanTheMan
05-09-2008, 18:24
It's okay :D

I just thought that if I annoyed people enough, I'd get people to take notice ;)

roberto922
05-09-2008, 18:27
Well you got noticed when you were Poopypants the magician :D Daf/Bermy/whoevers in control atm - Any news on whether Tilla is replacing me? IIRC He said to pass it to the next person, whoever that is.

dafuge
05-09-2008, 18:32
I've just updated the list and tried to accommodate everyone's requests, I have Living_Legend up next for the Softies.

Let me know if there's any changes that need to be made.

JamesMathews
05-09-2008, 18:43
Can I also have a chance to manage the Softies.

Mainly because Roberts > Wallace (I hope i don't get in trouble for that :))

dafuge
05-09-2008, 18:55
Can I also have a chance to manage the Softies.

Mainly because Roberts > Wallace (I hope i don't get in trouble for that :))

Far from it, in fact it will probably get you further up the list ;)

dafuge
05-09-2008, 18:58
As a new player you have been put above those who have played before, the updated list is on the first page.

DanTheMan
05-09-2008, 19:14
Thanks for that dafuge :thup:

I was just wondering, on the main CSE screen, where you click on the thread you want to view, it normally has '1,2,3,Last Page' but it now goes all the way up to 8.

I was just wondering when this took place?

dafuge
05-09-2008, 19:30
I'm guessing that is pretty recent, I hadn't noticed until now.

JamesMathews
05-09-2008, 19:48
As a new player you have been put above those who have played before, the updated list is on the first page.

Cheers for that, although i guess DanTheMan should be in front of me, since he asked before

dafuge
05-09-2008, 19:50
Cheers for that, although i guess DanTheMan should be in front of me, since he asked before

He's actually had a go before, his name appears on the list as Poopy Pants.

PaulHartman71
05-09-2008, 19:50
he's done it before when he was PoopyPants

roberto922
05-09-2008, 19:53
He completed the season??

dafuge
05-09-2008, 19:56
He completed the season??

According to the list he did, I took over from him as well.

DanTheMan
05-09-2008, 19:57
:mad:

:p

Yeah, guess there was something wrong with me that week ;)

canvey!!
05-09-2008, 20:01
Good work on keeping us up Jimbo, was getting slightly worried there, but in the end we weren't as close to relegation as it seems. Perhaps it might've been good to get relegated to make my performance seem better in comparison :D. Good work anyway, and thanks for the tip about the areas needing investment.

I will download the file now, and after I set up the next Apprentice task I can get started and write up my first impressions post. I'm nervous but looking forward to it at the same time. I've recently enjoyed a little success with Sutton United so it's got me feeling good about my ability to play the game again. But one more thing,

Man City's fete has been sealed and they are down already.

So they had a 'fair' thing? With a coconut shy? Were we invited? :D

OrientMartin
05-09-2008, 20:10
Assuming the game is still going by then, I'd like to put my name down on the bottom of the softies list.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 20:16
Oi Canvey:mad:! Keep the jokes to yourself until after you've had your go and not got us relegated.

Fait.

Fete.

Fayt.

Fate.

FFS:rolleyes:

;)!

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 20:20
Canvey. As you are going through can you post the following screenies, (if you have time), please.

Seasons best eleven.

Overall best eleven.

Profile of the highest rated new youth player that comes through the system.

Coach report on him from one of the scouts with JPP20.

canvey!!
05-09-2008, 20:30
Do you mean the best eleven of the season just gone?

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 20:33
The one you are about to come to.

I have given you the save on the day after the last league game to give you as much preperation time as possible.

In about 6 or so weeks you will come to the swapover season day when the best eleven stuff is donw, where the season dates change and when you get new youth players.

That;s what I want. You won't have got there yet.

canvey!!
05-09-2008, 20:36
Ah, yes, fine. Forgot that that came at the season reset date. Yes, I will add that to my first impressions post. With any luck I can crack out a first impressions post tonight (the file is downloaded, I just have to play and write an Apprentice task).

dafuge
05-09-2008, 20:42
Assuming the game is still going by then, I'd like to put my name down on the bottom of the softies list.

You've been added to the list, although there's quite a wait building up. We could do with a few more monkeys signing up.

roberto922
05-09-2008, 20:43
Switch me to the monkeys then :D I wanted to be Northerner in the first place lol

PaulHartman71
05-09-2008, 20:45
Don't see the point in you being swapped over, since you wont be able to do it for a few weeks anyway, and you've sort of committed yourself to the Softies now

canvey!!
05-09-2008, 22:07
I'm far too tired to be able to do the First Impressions post tonight, and that's without me going fencing as well. I have this horrible cold and...eurgh. I have to shop as well tomorrow, which will be agonising, but I can do the first impressions tomorrow afternoon once I get back from shopping and probably do August even September maybe tomorrow. Oh well, good to keep you guessing ;).
I will be hitting the hay imminently though.

GazTheDoood
05-09-2008, 22:15
S'okay, Canvey!!

Look forward to hearing from you though.

Jimbokav1971
05-09-2008, 22:46
pmsl. He's got so many players now it is a little daunting when you first take ove:Dr.

canvey!!
06-09-2008, 08:05
I've taken a look at the save game now, but the first impressions post will be coming this afternoon. However, I did like the fact that Liverpool have won the Premiership from 2009 through 2025, save for 2014 (Everton), 2017 (Crystal Palace) and 2018 (Everton).
:cool:.

Jimbokav1971
06-09-2008, 08:36
Well considering they have just nabbed Pedro and Rosenberg off us, expect them to win it again next season.

canvey!!
06-09-2008, 18:46
I'm going to be very busy over the next week, but I'll try to fit in the time. I'll try and do as much as I can now and spread the reports out; I need to make as much of my FM time as possible. If I do near the end of my time limit, depending on how far I am into the season, would it be okay to grant me some contingency time? Guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyway, playing now and trying to build up a backlog of reports so I'm not always under pressure to play.

Living_Legend
06-09-2008, 19:06
My internet access went down Thurs night (writing this in my gf's) but I had already started to play the game even before it was my official go.

Due to my trouble with getting online, I sadly will forgo my place to the next in line. :(

Mikel LUFC
06-09-2008, 20:01
Will we ever get a new manager?? :p

canvey!!
06-09-2008, 20:04
“So, Mr Wallace, what do you think of the squad at your disposal for this season?” asked the reporter, who had so clearly tarted herself up to impress the manager with over 1000 goals to his name.

“Well, I’ve been discussing it with Kevin Grant,” replied the Northern Irish manager, “and we’ve both agreed that the midfield is our weakest area, whereas the strike force is very strong. Carrilho in particular is a quality player. I’ll be looking to bring in some midfielders, with the wings the priority. We have some good defenders, Timo Kiistala and Matt Vernon notable, and we’ve also got some great talent coming up for the right wing in Peter Carruthers. Our strike force is fine, I don’t feel there’s any need to add to that over the season. We also have Howell and O’Rourke in the centre of midfield who are good players, and there are some good defensive players waiting behind them. I may think about some experienced attacking midfielders, but my main priority is on the left wing, and a quality goalkeeper if we have to sell Pontus Nordin.”

“You’ve been known to change tactics quite a lot in the past. What are your thoughts for this season?”

“I’m not going to have a set base of instructions. I will be playing a regular 4-4-2 but will be altering the instructions to the players and style of play depending on the situation.”

“Thank you, Mr Wallace. Now, what are your aims and expectations for the season?” She paused and sniffed the air. “Do you smell burning?”

Paul Wallace sniffed the air too. He knew what was coming. He started glowing a dominant orange, and spikes of light shot out of his arms. His face turned white hot before melting, and the glow filled the room. The young reporter had to shield her eyes to avoid being blinded, but there was nothing she would be able to do about the sunburn she would wake up to find in the morning. There was a distant rumbling which got louder and louder as the light intensified, the little scarlet flames dipping and dancing as what had been Paul Wallace formed a supernova. The rumbling reached the peak of its crescendo, and then suddenly, everything was back to normal. Paul Wallace looked exactly the same but…different.

“Don’t worry about that,” the manager said in his soothing voice. “It happens every year. I am, well, sort of possessed. It doesn’t matter.”

“Doesn’t that…hurt?”

“Not really. You get used to it. Anyway, your question,” Paul Wallace continued. The reporter looked a little bemused. “I see myself settling nicely in mid-table this season, providing I make the necessary transfers. My aim this season is to win the League Cup, I think that’s really possible, but really I would be much happier with safety.”

“Thank you Mr Wallace.”

“No problem.”

Writer's Notes: Don't worry, not every update is going to be in story form. I simply don't have the time. I just thought it might be nice to have the transition and my expectations in story form: who cares about the continuity error where this time around the change is happening 1 month early (Wallace must be getting old)?

Jimbokav1971
06-09-2008, 21:08
Wallace Who:D?

or Dr Wallace;).

dafuge
07-09-2008, 08:11
My internet access went down Thurs night (writing this in my gf's) but I had already started to play the game even before it was my official go.

Due to my trouble with getting online, I sadly will forgo my place to the next in line. :(

Not a problem, I've swapped you with JamesMathews, so your season will be after his and Tilla's.

dafuge
07-09-2008, 08:13
Will we ever get a new manager?? :p

I'm starting to think I might get another go at this rate :)

canvey!!
07-09-2008, 14:47
Transfers: May

Looking at the squad, I noticed Martin van Galen is our worst player, an investment player bought for £35k. So I offered him out for £250k. His value is £300k, but I figure that wouldnít get many bids, if any at all, and £250k would still make it a good investment.

With Pontus Nordin looking to leave, I checked out the scouting options available to me. I looked at Schalkeís 26-year-old Slovenian goalkeeper Damir Potocnik (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damirpotocnikprofilely3.png) by creating a player search filter. I put in a bid of £4.5M and a friendly match. I also created a search filter from NepentheZ and found a Greek right-winger for Heerenveen, also 26, and Iíll give you his profile (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=panagiotisgeorgakopoulozl3.png) because Iím not going to spell his name. I scouted him using Jon JPA16 JPP20.

There was no interest in Martin van Galen so I put him on the transfer list and offered him out again, this time with a 25% of next sale clause as well. The scout reported the Greek winger as a good player, and I probably wonít be putting in a bid because Iíve got a good amount of cover for that position, particularly with young Carruthers coming up, and also due to the fact that I realised I was looking for a left winger, not a right one.

I created a filter from Mark Perry, the left-winger of the season when the team got promoted from the Championship. I adjusted the filters to incorporate age, and found my shortlisted Mario PeŮarrubia (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mariopearrubiaprofilefo2.png) at PSG, and rescouted him using Jon JPA16 JPP20. I also found the cheaper version, Croatian Nikola Vurusic who I rescouted too.

I found out that PeŮarrubia wouldnít be interested in joining, but thatís at least better than having no intention of. Vurusic was rated as a decent signing, so I doubt Iíll be signing him. He has the potential to be good as Rasmussen, but Rasmussen is only decent and I donít think Iíll be signing the Croat unless I get desperate. However, I marked PeŮarrubia with an asterisk * and created a filter from him. I found 22-year-old Newcastleís Adam Worrall (http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adamworrallprofilewy8.png), who I scouted.

This is when I got the news that James Dunn has set his sights on retirement. He now has a staff profile as an assistant/coach but his profile (http://img68.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jamesdunnstaffprofileyy9.png) isnít that great. What are peopleís thoughts? Javier Denis, Curtis Jacobs and Lewis Forrester have also retired.

I received a hatful of bids for van Galen, and Barnsley, Mansfield, Luton and Q.P.R. offered what I had asked for. I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to reject them all and offer him out again for £350k and 30%. Letís see what the angry managers do. Meanwhile, Braga won the UEFA Cup.

Jon JPA16 JPP20 returned with his report on Worrall, stating that he would be a great asset to the squad. He, however, was also said to not be interested in joining the club. I put in a bid of £6M anyway. The same four clubs replied with new offers for van Galen, and I decided to stop messing them around and accept the four offers.

Schalke rejected the bid for Potocnik, so I reoffered for his value, 6.75M (and a friendly of course). I offered the contract to Richard JPA17 JPP19, who is at Sunderland. If he accepts, Sunderland will be compensated with £75k. I continued the advert in case Jimbo had anyone in mind. The £6M bid for Worrall was rejected, so I made an enquiry to see if they were even going to think about selling him. Meanwhile, Crystal Palace won the FA Cup.

I also made an enquiry into Leedsí Andrew Okoye (http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=andrewokoyeprofilefg2.png), a central defender who was on the shortlist and who Aston Villa, FA Cup runners-up, bid for. Wigan made an enquiry into Abraham (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=abrahamprofilesi8.png), the up-and-coming future quality wing back. I turned it down. In other news, Paul Wallace is the hot favourite to take over at Arsenal should Peter Bower not sign a new contract. Even if I were considering leaving (which obviously is out of the question), Bower will surely end up signing the new contract. However, the board cancelled the transfer of Richard JPA17 JPP19 because we were already one over the limit of scouts. I may consider Larry JPA17 JPP11ís contract run out and signing Richard instead, but Larry (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=larryjpa17jpp11profilehy0.png) has all this extra knowledge. Thoughts?

Fulham made an enquiry into signing Miroslav Skala (http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=skalaprofilesa8.png). I told them I would accept £5M plus half of the next sale. Fulham also bid for Abraham, offering £1M plus 20% plus their £1.4M equivalent Lee Hyde, who the scouts had said would make a good signing. I turned it down and noticed that there is an asking price for Abraham. Who is responsible for this? I took it off and gave Abraham a star. Lucky him.

The enquiry for Adam Worrall was turned down, but Martin van Galen agreed terms with Barnsley for £350k plus 30%. Thatís a total profit of £315k on him disregarding wage costs. Hopefully Jimbo wasnít thinking about something much more than that :eek:. The £6.75M offer for Potocnik, the goalkeeper, was rejected but, feeling that I could still reimburse with the sale of Nordin, I bid for him for £8M plus another million after 20 games.

Fulham werenít willing to pay £5M+50% so withdrew their offer for Skala. I wasnít looking to sell him anyway. Meanwhile, Valencia won the Champions League. Leeds responded to my Okoye enquiry with an £8M price tag, so I retorted with £5M, £1.5M after 10 goals and a friendly. I doubt theyíll accept that. They rejected Palaceís £2.6M offer but accepted Wiganís £4.8M and Deportivoís £5M offers.

Leeds hit back with £8.7M. I said £5.25M and a friendly. It was accepted and I offered Okoye a contract of £41,500p/w and a goal bonus of £950 and signing on fee of £250k. I then decided to look at the rest of the squad only to find that the highest earner, Kucernak, earns only £40,000p/w. The Damir Potocnik offer of £8M was rejected so I am now waiting on my next move. With the scouts saying I should sign him whatever the cost, I bid £8M with an extra £7M after 20 games. I also rejected a Fulham enquiry for right-back Amoroso. Amoroso then blew his head off, so I may have to let him go if a good offer comes in for him.

I offered out a few players tagged with ďSELLĒ. I accepted offers from Walsall, Q.P.R., Port Vale, Brighton and Wycombe for £140k for Alessio Cannavaro. A bid of £0 was also accepted from Newport County for Lee Gleeson. I received word back from Schalke, who said that they would accept £27M plus £7.25M after 20 games for Potcnik. I rejected it and am now in want of your thoughts on the situation. His profile again (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damirpotocnikprofilely3.png).

Lee Gleeson accepted terms with Newport County, and Andrew Okoye turned down my contract and went to Aston Villa. Bad news on the Potocnik front, as Wolves are now interested. They finished just above us in 12th. Cannavaro is set for Brighton for £140,000. I offered assistant Kevin Grant and Peter Jones new contracts until 2029. Larry JPA17 JPP11ís contract is also running out soon, but Iím pending renewing it in case I want to bring in Richard JPA17 JPP19 instead. Larry has 17 for determination though. Once again, thoughts?

Man Utd made an enquiry into Amoroso. I told them £10M plus 35% would be acceptable.

End of May. Confirmed Transfers (other than those Jimbo arranged):
Alessio Cannavaro to Brighton for £140k
Lee Gleeson to Newport Co for £0
Martin van Galen to Barnsley for £350k

Potential Transfers (donít get too excited or outraged about these):
Amoroso to Man Utd for £10M

Damir Potocnik from Schalke for >£8M
Adam Worrall from Newcastle for Unknown

I await your feedback and thoughts. Any screenshot requests will be honoured.

Frazza Pee
07-09-2008, 14:51
It's done get him as a coach please. He is a Ten Ton legend. Also, ask him to reconsider his retirement.

Jimbokav1971
07-09-2008, 15:08
Let Larry JPA17 JPP11’s contract expire and sign the best replacement you can. The advert was running for just that.

I would have kept MvG for longer and got more for him, possibly loaning him out, (also we are particularly weak on the left), but if he's not in your plans then fair enough to cash in.

Amoroso was always going to leave this year, hence the signing of youngsters Abraham and Carruthers. Let him go and just see what you can get for him (£7.5M-£10M).

I like Skala but we have plenty of centre backs now so as long as the deal involves a big sell on clause and you are happy with the up front money then go for it.

I would offer James "legend" Dunn a contract no matter what his stats, (bit thats just me being a sentimental old fool).

In terms of shelling out on an experienced GK, you don't have to worry about him getting old as you are really only looking for 2 years(ish) out of him while the 2 youngsters develop. In 2 years they should be ready to step in and take over.

Anyone marked "SELL" it doesn't matter even if they go on a free. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Worrall looks good.

34.25M for Potcnik is too much.

Jimbokav1971
07-09-2008, 15:10
It's done get him as a coach please. He is a Ten Ton legend. Also, ask him to reconsider his retirement.

I agree about signing him as a coach but please don't prolong the agony of seeing his greatness fall past mediocrity and ito uselesness, (he's pretty close to useless already).

Frazza Pee
07-09-2008, 15:15
I agree about signing him as a coach but please don't prolong the agony of seeing his greatness fall past mediocrity and ito uselesness, (he's pretty close to useless already).
Right enough, though I would like to see him play for at least one more season.

Jimbokav1971
07-09-2008, 15:21
Right enough, though I would like to see him play for at least one more season.

He wasn't anywhere good enough last season I'm afraid.

He will be even worse now.

PaulHartman71
07-09-2008, 15:22
Dunn is finished as a player, get him as a coach, and hopefully one day he will be assistant manager, then manager etc :D

rlipscombe
07-09-2008, 17:57
back from my hols.... first thing, was getting a bit nervous reading your reports as we headed towards the drop zone. well done on staying up. main thing to achieve, and you did it. as for your transfers, i'd have done the same as you on all of them.

looking forward to seeing canvey taking us on up the league....

canvey!!
07-09-2008, 18:35
What would people say would be the maximum amount I should pay for Damir Potocnik (http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damirpotocnikprofilely3.png)? Or, given the response of Schalke so far, should I head off somewhere else to poach a younger keeper who I can get for less? To put it into context, the club's most expensive signing to date was £7.5M for Mark Richardson from Wolves. He's the home grown player who has the potential to be quality.

Jimbokav1971
07-09-2008, 19:26
As I know roughly how much cash you have to spend, (about £20M) until the new season, I would limit spending on the GK to about £14M (that's still double his current value). If they won't sell him for similar to that then forget about him and look elsewhere. (Up to you though).

roberto922
07-09-2008, 19:28
Take my name off the list, I'm out of this forum.

rlipscombe
07-09-2008, 20:10
i'd agree with Jimbo. about £15m would be my limit. looks a top quality keeper though.

Mikel LUFC
08-09-2008, 06:59
Who's supposed to be our next manager? because we haven't had an update in a while

chopper99
08-09-2008, 08:51
Canvey, although Potonik looks a very good keeper he may be let down somewhat by his low jumping and agility attributes. What's his history screen look like? Has he performed well over the last few seasons?

Otherwise it's all looking good so far.

JamesMathews
08-09-2008, 09:36
Who's supposed to be our next manager? because we haven't had an update in a while

Just checked the list and it appears to be me:)

Is that the correct save game at the end of the last page?

Mikel LUFC
08-09-2008, 13:37
if it's mine then yes

JamesMathews
08-09-2008, 15:28

And here's the game:

Softies Save Game (http://rapidshare.com/files/141618709/SouthernSofties.fm.html)

Thats the save game i was talking about

Jimbokav1971
08-09-2008, 15:45
Yes James. that's it.

NepentheZ
08-09-2008, 15:54
Apparently the post I made in this thread last night didn't register, and it was blimmin' long :mad:

The just of it was Well done on not getting us relegated Jimbo, although its NOT my fault we didn't win a trophy ;) - Good luck Canvey, I'm sure you'll do good with the work Jimbo put in in that season, quite tremendous.

canvey!!
08-09-2008, 17:52
Canvey, although Potonik looks a very good keeper he may be let down somewhat by his low jumping and agility attributes. What's his history screen look like? Has he performed well over the last few seasons?

Otherwise it's all looking good so far.

Very good (http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=damirpotocnikhistorycartl1.png).

Schalke have just accepted Wolves' bid of £19.5M. Thoughts?

canvey!!
08-09-2008, 18:26
Schalke have just accepted Wolves' bid of £19.5M. Thoughts?

Disregard. They won't even accept all of my transfer budget. Will be looking elsewhere.

dafuge
08-09-2008, 18:27
Take my name off the list, I'm out of this forum.

Does that still stand?

JamesMathews
08-09-2008, 18:28

And here's the game:

Yes James. that's it.

Cheers Jimbo

Have downloaded it, and will try to have a look at the squad and do an assement tonight:)

roberto922
08-09-2008, 18:46
No you can keep my name on the list but put it a few places back.

dafuge
08-09-2008, 18:57
No you can keep my name on the list but put it a few places back.

Nice one, it's good to hear that :thup:

Where do you want to go? There's currently four more seasons before your go.

roberto922
08-09-2008, 19:05
Oh right, that's fine then as long as it's not my turn before the 30th August.

canvey!!
08-09-2008, 19:10
Erm...it's already the 8th September.

roberto922
08-09-2008, 19:11
Doh :D 30th September I meant

Frazza Pee
08-09-2008, 19:11
It's September

dafuge
08-09-2008, 19:18
Doh :D 30th September I meant

That should be fine, if necessary we can always edit the list nearer the time.

Mikel LUFC
08-09-2008, 19:20
Cheers Jimbo

Have downloaded it, and will try to have a look at the squad and do an assement tonight:)
Just to let you know there are quite a few players I have already arranged to sign so you may want to check them out before you make any buys but they're mainly youngsters iirc. My squad assesment is a page back with my EOS report if your bothered. Also there are a lot of players in the reserves who may look average at best now but don't sell them yet, let them develop first oh and good luck :thup:

dafuge
08-09-2008, 19:25
I know I was two seasons ago, but there were a few youngsters I signed that might be worth a look. From memory there was Eder Nobre, Jose and Holomek (I think his first name might be Jan). At the time the scouts thought they could all go on to become leading Premier League players, so they might not have played much but they could be worth a look.

canvey!!
08-09-2008, 20:40
Transfers: June

Iíve continued the scout advert, intending to hire Richard once Larryís contract expires. Wolves had a bid of £19.5M accepted for Schalkeís Damir Potocnik (see last report). I made an offer of £14.5M, a friendly and two of the players marked SELL. They responded asked for £27.5M (wtf?). I offered all of my transfer budget, £17.75M and a friendly. If they donít accept that I wonít be signing my little Slovenian lovechild.

They didnít. I withdrew. I donít think heíll be going to Wolves anyway. So I made an enquiry into Romaís Paolo Manco (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=paolomancoprofileah7.png). But I would still really like a veteran to man the net for two years or so. I also made a £2M offer for FlŠvio Monteiro (http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flviomonteiroprofilema1.png) of M. Haifa, after hearing he has turned down a new contract. Manchester United did not follow up their enquiry for Amoroso, to which I had said £10M plus 50%. If anyone asks again the asking price will be lowered, but the 50% will remain. £6M seems acceptable.

Fulham made an enquiry into Miroslav Skala. I said £4M plus 50%. The enquiry into Romaís Paolo Manco was rejected. I bid £2.5M. Leicester made an enquiry into Rasmussen (http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rasmussenprofilehn5.png). I rejected it. Thoughts?

It was reported in the media that Arsenal manager Peter Bower was after Amoroso. I said I would only sign him for the right price. I thought Iíd shown you his profile last time but I didnít so here it is (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=amorosoprofilela4.png). Potocnik went to Wolves. Goodness I hate him. When we play Wolves he will be like a bus, Iím sure. The FlŠvio Monteiro offer was accepted. I gave him a £6,750/week contract, with a £325 goal bonus and a few other clauses. Fulham did not follow up their Skala enquiry after I told them £4M plus 50%. I guess my expectations are too high.

I offered James Dunn a £4,200/week contract as a coach. The Paolo Manco bid was rejected. I donít suppose I will be following that up any further. I set up some search filters to find a goalkeeper, and jackpot! I found Russell McCombe (http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=russellmccombeprofilesk9.png), rated quality, whoíd be willing to come to us. I offered him £14,000/week for three years with a £100k signing-on bonus (or whatever it is called). I rescouted him with Jon, hoping that the first two reports were accurate. It seems so.

James Dunn accepted the contract. Turns out heís earning more than Wallace now. Iím sure heís worth it. FlŠvio Monteiro refused my contract because I wouldnít give him an appearance bonus. So I gave him one (the innuendo police would do me for that), £3k, £300 less than he wanted, and also cut the wage I was offering him by £250/week. I responded to Parmaís enquiry into Amoroso with £6M plus 50%. Tottenham enquired into buying Matt Vernon (http://img61.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mattvernonprofileft1.png). I rejected and issued a hands-off warning to the appropriate media article. Thoughts? Of course, now he wants to move. Weíll see how the situation unfolds.

The World Cup started. Iíll give a little report into it in another post. You may have to remind me, though, as Iíll be into July when it comes to writing that. FlŠvio Monteiro has accepted my contract. Just waiting for a work permit, where an answer will come on the league reset date. But on the plus side, I have now signed Russell McCombe for ~£1.1M compensation.

The board have told me that they are going to upgrade the youth and training facilities, and that the work will take 3 months. The board took £9.25M out of the club in dividends, and we now have a new sponsor for our shirts of about £500k per year.

Parma did not want to follow up on the Amoroso enquiry. £6M+50% too much, eh? Thoughts? Iím afraid Monteiro didnít get the work permit. Naturally, I appealed, but I donít see it happening. At 27 years old, sending him to Belgium is out of the question. I got told that the appeal was turned down but the transfer was going through. I cancelled it as I assumed that meant him going to Belgium.

End of Season News

Carrilho is runner-up signing of the season.
Carrilho is voted the fanís player of the year.
Seasonís Best Eleven (http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihullmoorshistorybesyx0.png) (Overall (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=solihullmoorshistorybesqh6.png))

The minimum expectation for the coming season was to attempt to avoid relegation. I told the board I would avoid it, although Iím secretly confident of a mid-table finish. The new youngsters have been baked, the highlight being Michael Harrison (http://img393.imageshack.us/my.php?image=michaelharrisonprofilevn4.png). Jonís Report (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=michaelharrisoncoachrepyi5.png). Not really a player I want to nickname canvey!!

Rlip has gone on loan to Dundee Utd until the end of the season. He was set to accept all loan offers. I rejected a Leeds enquiry for Vernon, before remembering that he was unhappy. Iíve been scouting this fella (http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jasonthompsonprofilepd8.png), and Daniel JPA18 JPP19 believes a bid of £10.75M upwards would be necessary. Thoughts?

Larry has been sacked for £0, and Richard JPA17 JPP19 has been brought in from Sunderland for £70k. Chelsea enquired into Amoroso. Iím not going to do anything until I get other opinions. James Dunn has now retired so is only a coach. Iíve put in a bid for another winger (http://img228.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cristianvillalbaprofileuf1.png) in case I canít get Jason Thompson. River asked for £5.5M plus 25%. I negotiated them to pure £6M. Paul Wallace was given a new contract on £15,250/week. No longer is James Dunn better than him!

End of June. Confirmed Transfers (other than those Jimbo arranged, including those arranged in May)
Alessio Cannavaro to Brighton for £140k
Lee Gleeson to Newport Co for £0
Martin van Galen to Barnsley for £350k
Russell McCombe from Bolton for £1.1M
Rlip out on Loan to Dundee Utd

Potential Transfes (once again, donít go too mad about these)
Amoroso to Chelsea for Unknown
Matt Vernon to Somewhere for Unknown
Cristian Villalba from River for £6M
Jason Thompson from Blackburn for >£10M

So once again, thoughts and opinions welcome. Any screenshot requests will be answered (except if itís about the World Cup which will be kept secret for now). Iíve put any areas where I particularly want feedback in red.

Jimbokav1971
09-09-2008, 01:45
Paolo Manco. You don't need a young GK. The 2 young GK's you have got are going to be quality. You also have a similar ability Brazilian on the way, (or in Belgium), purely to make money out of. All you need is someone to start for 2 years.

Rasmussen is not good enough to start, but that is dependant on you bringing in better left-sided players before the start of the season. The plusses for Rasmussen are that his versatility mean that he can play anywhere down the left side, but the fact remains that he is short of general quality and ideally he would not be our #1 or #2 choice ML when the new season starts. When you have 2 better than him at DL & ML then I would say get rid of him.

McCombe will be an excellent signing. He was on my list but I couldn't persuade him to sign. I guess he thought we were going down last season.

Matt Vernon should be allowed to go if he is unhappy. He's not dominant enough in the air anyway and I would have happily sold him. We have loads of decent DC's.

Monteiro would have had to go to Belgium so you were right to cancel it.

Amoroso. I think I suggested about £7.5M + 50% but once we've decided to get rid of him it's largely irrelevant how many Millions above £5M he goes for as long as the 50% is included and as long as he is gone before the season starts.

Michael Harrison looks decent enough, (decent Championship level player), if not spectacular enough to be nicknamed Canvey. If you stick the "***" after his name at least we will know he was the best of what was available.

Rlip did ok last season but didn't offer enough going forwards and we now have youngsters who are significantly better than him so it was time to give him a gentle push, (hence the set for loans). Shame to see him go as he is the only active member of the "overall best eleven", not that Dunn has moved to a coaching capacity.

Amoroso is gone as far as I'm concerned. It just remains for you to get as much as possible in return.

Jason Thompson looks good and you should splash the cash because it is our weakest area.

Villalba looks good, but not as a starter. Remember that any potential left sided signing cost can be off-set by anything that we wouold get for selling Rasmussen afterwards. We can sell Rasmussen but only when we have 2 full-backs and ML's better than him.

Both Brazilian MR's are being retrained to play on the left, (although one of them was not happy about it. That might sort your ML problem out in the short term but it's not ideal. Have a look at the left sided players in the teams that went down and in the teams that just failed to get promoted from the Championship. Maybe even just look at shortlise, (I shortlisted loads because of all the scouting), reduce to CA and filter in only meft sided players over 25 years old and see what it gives you. I'm pretty sure that it should give you something to wortk with.

Scouting selections. If you haven't already, target 1 scout to scout the World Cup, another to scout ML's in UK, and send all the others (except 1) out to search new areas. France/Germany/Holland/Spain haven't been touched and most of the rest of Europe hardly touched at all. Ask them to concentrate on ML and anywhere else you feel we need, (possibly AMC depending on your preferred formation).

Who does the Ass Man think is our best option on the left?

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 07:26
EOS report

Well you all know how it ended which us kepping fourth with that big win at the end here's some screenies for you all.
Table (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/table-1.jpg)
Graph (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/graph-1.jpg) You can see how we fell away a bit at the end
Squad (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/squad-1.jpg)
Transfers (http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh22/MikelLUFC/transfers-2.jpg) Mostly youth prospects (Warning to manager after there will be 12 players coming soon :) but they're mainly youth a people on frees to be sold for profit once they've matured)

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers: Critescu is a brilliant keeper and is wanted by A.C. Milan. Only 23 so should be at the top of his game for years to come. Backed up by Hardy who is a Fisher legend after there for so many seasons and can still cut it. O'Hanlon is a young keeper with all the potential in the world.
Diagnosis: All set for now and the future

Right Back: Arias is a very solid footballer and will do a good job. James is very capable back-up and Guttierez and Holomek are up and comers.
Diagnosis: Good but not exceptional

Left Back: Rinaldi is decent but is mainly there for his set peice prowess so could be replaced. Roome is a young back-up but doesn't have enough pace for me (neither does Rinaldi) A couple of youth prospects with Felipe looking very good for the future.
Diagnosis: Could be improved

Centre Back: Kovarik is a very good centre back and his partner Laurensen will get better with time but is already good. Jeffrey and Bora are very capable back and Remon is one to watch out for in the coming years.
Duagnosis: Seems all set but if a very good one becomes available he should be bought and one of the others sold.

Right Mid: Buxton is a very talented player and is only young aswell. Remy doesn't cut it for me and I would sell him if a replacement could be found. Eder could be ready by then to back Buxton up.
Diagnosis: 1st team fine back-up needs work

Left Mid: Snodin and Cardozo are both excellent wingers. Cardozo just got the nod under my management. Apart from that only 2 other players play this position.
Diagnosis: All set

Defensive Mid: Mascia is a very good player in this role. Nyagolov is ok but I feel there are better out there. Of course it depends what formation is played.
Diagnosis: Better may be out there

Attacking Mid: Popov was immense for me, a top player. Beyond him there are Stepanek and Iacob. Stepanek is Ok but he's got room to improve. Iacob is probably out of his depth but I couldn't bring myself to sell him because he's my favourite player but he isn't good enough really. Young Italian in the reserves looks like he has good potential.
Diagnosis: Better back-up needed.

Strikers: Hoxha is immense and to be kept at all costs. Giacomelli and Moreira fight for the other place. We were top scorers in the league so I don't know if it was the tactic or what but the scored a lot. Mot and Josť look like good prospects.
Diagnosis: Good goalscorers may be able to be improved.

There are other players needing work permits still so do with those what you will. (and more coming :))

Note to following manager

You don't have to take my advice above I was just trying to help. Also it may seem like there are a lot of crap young people in the reserves but give them till they are 23 or so then make a decision on their future as I think they all have a future

Save game coming soon

Really should have read through this thoroughly:(

Have to agree with most of the squad anaylsis

First Impressions:

OVERVIEW:
Finances (http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3919/fisherathleticfinancesses1.png): 40 million bank balance, although 28 million worth of loans. The salary stands at 388,000 a week while the club is worth 75 million and described as rich. Very solid position here.

Information (http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2782/fisherathleticinformatior0.png): Our reputation is only national, but we have top training facilities and excellent youth facilities, and a 33,000 stadium, unfortunately named the “The Fisher Stadium”

Staff (http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/5166/fisherathleticstaffuz1.png): Training all has 7 stars for seniors and youths , so nothing to worry about, while we have 3 physics with 20 for physiotherapy, and 5 scouts, who are reasonably good, but not the best, although they all seem to have been sent to South America.

Feeder Clubs (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7223/fisherathleticaffiliatedd3.png): two English feeder clubs for loans, plus a Belgium one for work permits, and a few others, and can request another one

Transfers: No fewer than 12 transfers have been arranged, although only 8 will join in the summer:
Kysela (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2411/zdenekkyselaprofilend8.png): Looks decent enough, 8 caps at 17 years old, although the scouts only rate him as 4 star potential
Cerny (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8124/lukascernyprofilemi1.png): Not sure of his best position, again rated as 4 stars
Capone (http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/157/andreacaponeprofilean6.png): Only ever going to be backup, lacks aerial ability and physical stats, 4 stars again
Tafer (http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/9182/mathieutaferprofileyo0.png): Doesn’t look very good, only rated as three stars and championship material
Semih (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9580/odabasisemihprofilecg9.png): Looks like he could be decent, although rated as 4 stars, capped 4 times at 20
Lemos (http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3143/ivnlemosprofileae0.png): 4 stars again, looks decent technically but poor physically
Vinicus (http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/8/viniciusprofilewm6.png): 4 stars again, but lacks marking but could be decent
Gilvan (http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2107/gilvanprofileou0.png): 4 stars again, looks pretty good technically, but again may lack physical stats to become top class

Future transfers:
Igor (http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2047/igorprofilezf4.png): 4 stars (again), will be good technically but lacks physical attributes again
Rodrigo (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7413/rodrigoprofilelw2.png): 5 stars, looks very good for the future
Gerardo (http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8843/geraldoprofilesr6.png): 4 stars, could be good
Pedro (http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2439/pedroprofileqn8.png): 4 stars, hard to tell how good he could be

SQUAD: (I’m based this on my Assistant, who has 16/15 for ability and potential)

U18s (http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4535/fisherathleticunder18sfur5.png): Nothing particularly special here, except Dillen (http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/9312/pepijndillenprofileim5.png), who has good stats and could become a leading premiership player. Reznik (http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/1060/jirireznikprofileea7.png) may become a good premiership player as well.

Reserves1 (http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/218/fisherathleticreservesfzp1.png), Reserves2 (http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/5471/fisherathleticreservesfkf1.png): Quite a few good players here, 10 players are on loan, so will have to wait to get Assitant Reports on them. Of the players left, we have two players rated at 4 stars potential, two at 5 and one at 6

Remon (http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7808/enekoremnprofileyx6.png) Looks superb, has all the defence attributes needed, and at 21 could go on to become a club legend, assistant rates him as 6 stars, everyone else at 4 stars for potential.
Holomok (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/941/tomasholomekprofileym6.png) Not sure on his best position, lacks crossing and heading ability, although is only 17, already rated as a good premiership player and could become a leading one at 5 stars
O’Hanlon (http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3825/paulohanlonprofilegn9.png) At 18 he looks very special, could become a leading premiership player, although he lacks rushing our and command of area skills.
Mot (http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3724/marianmotprofilekl9.png) Romanian Striker who could become a good/leading premiership player. His attributes look very good for a 17 year old.
Jose (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9854/josprofileai7.png) 18 year old with decent technical stats, although he hasn’t settled very well. Will see how he does, but could become a good premiership striker.

First Team: 1 (http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2473/fisherathleticfisherplaya2.png) 2 (http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2469/fisherathleticfisherplaan8.png )

Goalkeepers:
Cristescu (http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/8075/danielcristescuprofileni5.png) looks very good, already a leading premiership player, with very good stats, and at 23 could become really good. Hardy (http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3434/jameshardyprofilebc8.png) is an okay reserve and has been at the club since League two

Defence:
Arias (http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6433/salvadorariasprofilexe9.png) looks like a good right back, while James (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5415/allanjamesprofilecm1.png) is a decent backup. On the left Rinaldi (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/3691/cludiorinaldiprofilewr3.png) is an average player, while youngster Roome (http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/8432/chrisroomeprofilenn2.png) plays the backup role, a possible area to strengthen.

At centre back, Kovarik (http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7161/lukaskovarikprofileqf2.png) is rated the best centre back (and right back as well). I would say Jeffrey (http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2362/stuartjeffreyprofilety8.png) is the second best centre back in the squad, while Bora (http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6637/muratboraprofiledc9.png) and Lauridsen (http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6030/jesperlauridsenprofilekt2.png) are able backups.

Midfield:
At DM, we have Mascia (http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1817/matteomasciaprofilerm5.png) and Nyaglov (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5972/asparuhnyagolovprofileje2.png) as his backup. At right wing we have Buxton (http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7739/richardbuxtonprofileiq7.png) as one of the best players at the club with Remy (http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/5232/mathieuremyprofileyg1.png) is an average backup. At left wing we have Cardoso (http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3469/lourenocardosoprofileia5.png) and Snodin (http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2089/patsnodinprofilemw8.png)

In the centre we have Stepanek (http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3435/frantisekstepanekprofilmz4.png) and Popov (http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7541/kenanpopovprofiletz7.png), as well as Iacob (http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6705/mihaiiacobprofileru2.png), with Popov the best of the three.

Attackers:
Hoxha (http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/8126/emilianohoxhaprofilexv2.png) is rated as our best striker, while Moreira (http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9017/nicolasmoreiraprofilezg0.png) and Giacomelli (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1025/christiangiacomelliprofgb3.png) as well, another possible are to strengthen.

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 11:30
May/June Update

Transfer news:
I signed my first player, Sean Law (http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6413/seanlawprofilewt9.png) from Norwich for 3 million compensation, who has good stats for a speedy striker, as I felt we lacked strength in this area. He scored 25 goals for Norwich last season to propel them to tenth.

Jorge Guttirez, Zoltan Szabo and Denis Sahin were all sold, as i felt they were not god enough, for a combined 5 million

Other news:
We have added 3000 seats to the stadium
3.5 million worth of loans has been paid off
New sponsorship deal worth 425k
Youth facilities upgraded
Moved up 61 places in the European rankings, to number 70
We are now the 64th richest club in the world

End of Season:
Emiliano Hoxha was voted by the fans as the best player
Best Eleven1 (http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3307/fisherathletichistorybeku6.png) Best Eleven2 (http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3692/fisherathletichistorybeei0.png)

Expectations:
The board expect us to achieve a respectable position within the premiership, reach the fifth round of the FA Cup and reach the group stages of the champions league.
My expectations: Top 4, reach the knockout round of the champions league
Player to watch: Sean Law (http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6413/seanlawprofilewt9.png)
Young Player to watch: Eder (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7963/derprofilecr6.png) (although injured at the moment)

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 12:30
Last update until later on:

July News

Transfers news:

Richard Buxton ( http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7739/richardbuxtonprofileiq7.png ) is unhappy after I have rejected bids for him, while Stuart Jeffrey is also unhappy for the same reason. I have offered Buxton out for 20 million + 50% of next sale, while my replacement is Felix Blanco ( http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/9400/flixblancoprofilelu0.png ), who would cost 13 million. The chairman has accepted 4 offers, two of 20 million +50%, one of 14.5 +20% and one of 17.5 +20%. Comparison ( http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5456/richardbuxtoncomparisongh2.png )

Nyagolov (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5972/asparuhnyagolovprofileje2.png) has moved out on loan and has an option to complete a permanent transfer to Almeria, while Thomas Lombardi (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2974/tommasolombardiprofileih0.png) will compete with Mascia for the DM role if signed for around 4.5 million.

Transfers ( http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/4313/fisherathletictransfersty9.png)

Thoughts people?

Other news:
Brazil won the world cup with two goals in the 90th minute, beating England
Hitchin have been replaced by Charlton as a feeder club
I got offered the Aston Villa job which was immediately turned down
We are 33-1 to win the premiership, with arsenal favourites at 5-2

Jimbokav1971
09-09-2008, 13:00
James. Excellent update.

Sean Law looks an excellent signing.

Brazil beat Brazil in the World Cup?

Although I'm a Northerner not a Southerner, any chance you woul,d do me a couple of screenies of the squad set to whatever view shows age/nationality/position/value/height/weight. Please.

Cheers.

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 13:06
Cheers

Corrected the world cup score, Brazil beat england

And that screenshot is already there, its number 2 next to the first team in my first update, buts here is the first team squad (http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/2469/fisherathleticfisherplaan8.png )

rlipscombe
09-09-2008, 13:30
Felix Blanco looks really good. great stats for a winger.

(what skin is that by the way??)

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 15:22
I can't remember what skin it is, although I have edited it since.

I can upload it somewhere if you want it when I sort out the save game :)

rlipscombe
09-09-2008, 15:31
doesn't really matter - i was just curious that's all. don't bother going to any trouble over it.

DanTheMan
09-09-2008, 18:59
James - How did you get more than 4 screenies into one post?

Ignore me - Just realised that links don't count lol.

roberto922
09-09-2008, 19:00
You can have as many screenies as you want if they're direct links, it's when you put it in IMG or that little picture thing that you're limited to 4

Mikel LUFC
09-09-2008, 19:14
Good updates there shame about Buxton but those prices are good for him and that Blanco guy looks top notch as does Law. Some good sales of the youngsters there if you get decent offers you might as well sell
Looking forward to the seaseon ahead :thup:

JamesMathews
09-09-2008, 20:35
Buxton has been sold for 20 million over 24 months +50% of next sale, with Blanco replacing him

We sold out of season tickets at 27,000

We have drawn Sampdoria in the third round of the champions league

Cardosa and Law will be out for three weeks with injuries :(

Opinions on Mendez- he would cost between 15 and 20 million:

http://i33.tinypic.com/21ozrkw.png

Living_Legend
09-09-2008, 20:37
Not a problem, I've swapped you with JamesMathews, so your season will be after his and Tilla's.

Cheers, worked out that it was just a firewall issue in the end... Glad I will still get a chance to take the Softies to the title before those rotten Monkeys! ;)

BTW James, I also bought Law but I'm fairly sure I got him for cheaper than 3 million as his contract was expiring... and I sold Buxton to Inter for 14M +50%!

Mikel LUFC
09-09-2008, 21:00
On Mendez I think he looks good but is he that much better than Mascia?

chopper99
10-09-2008, 09:53
I've just been catching up with the ten-ton updates this morning. Canvey!!, the new keeper looks very good, an absolute bargain in fact. The left winger, Roberts, also looks very good, If I were you I'd make that guy my top priority as I think he'd be a very good player on the left side.

I also plan to play a 4-4-2 formation when I take over so can I ask, who are the strongest two central midfielders in the squad?

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 12:07
Legends

Summer Transfer Overview
I made 5 transfers to add to the 8 being brought in, with only two significant players leaving.

Transfers (http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/848/fisherathletictransfersfh6.png)

Out:
Richard Buxton (http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7739/richardbuxtonprofileiq7.png) has been sold for 20 million +50% of next sale to Coventry, where he has performed poorly so far this season

Nyaglov (http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5972/asparuhnyagolovprofileje2.png) was deemed not good enough and has gone out on loan to Almeria, and they have an option to sign him for 3.2 million permanetly

Jorge Guttirez, Zoltan Szabo and Denis Sahin were all sold

Several other players have moved out on loan, either to our belgium feeder club to try and gain a work permit, or to Charlton and Hartlepool, both championship players for

In:

(http://%5B/FONT%5Dhttp://img378.imageshack.us/img378/9732/flixblancoprofilemv9.png%5BFONT=&quot%5D)Felix Blanco (http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7223/fisherathleticaffiliatedd3.png) was signed as a direct replacement for Buxton and has started off well, he was signed for 12.75 million from Fulham

(http://%5B/FONT%5Dhttp://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8098/seanlawprofileiy2.png%5BFONT=&quot%5D)Sean Law (http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8098/seanlawprofileiy2.png) was signed for 3 million from Norwich, and has proved to be an instant success, although he missed the first two games with injuries. I felt that Moreira (http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9017/nicolasmoreiraprofilezg0.png) and Giacomelli (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1025/christiangiacomelliprofgb3.png) were not good enough stikers for the strikers, so I also looked for another striker

(http://%5B/FONT%5Dhttp://img229c.imageshack.us/img229/4526/raymondvandeweerdprofilnt5.png%5BFONT=&quot%5D)Raymond van de Weerd (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4526/raymondvandeweerdprofilnt5.png) was signed for 4.5 million from fulham, and although he is 30, looks a very good player, with Man Utd one paying 19 million from him. He would be backup for Hoxha and Law until he was ruled out for 3 to 4 months whilst playing for Holland:(

(http://%5B/FONT%5Dhttp://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3842/tommasolombardiprofileoy4.png%5BFONT=&quot%5D)Thomas Lombardi (http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/3842/tommasolombardiprofileoy4.png) was signed for 7 million from Brescia to compete with Mascia (http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/1817/matteomasciaprofilerm5.png) for the DM role, and although I think 7 million is expensive, i needed someone desperate after allowing Nyaglov to leave

(http://%5B/FONT%5Dhttp://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4898/faridbaronprofiledl2.png%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%5BFONT=&quot%5D)Farid Baron (http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5116/jjjamesprofileyq6.png) was signed for 1.5 million from Lyon as a player for the future, maybe a replacemnt for Popov?

Of Mikels signings, only Capone (http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/157/andreacaponeprofilean6.png) and Semih (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9580/odabasisemihprofilecg9.png) have made it into the first team squad with Capone 2nd choice keeper and Semih third choice winger. Also, Jose (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9854/josprofileai7.png) and Eder (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7963/derprofilecr6.png) made it into the first team squad, with Giacomelli (http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1025/christiangiacomelliprofgb3.png), Iacob (http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/6705/mihaiiacobprofileru2.png) and Remy (http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/5232/mathieuremyprofileyg1.png) moved to the reserve squad and were transfer listed.

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 12:45
August Games
(Stealing Jimbos idea)

Formation: 4-1-2-1-2 (Counter attacking and more defensive away from home)

League. Wigan 1 Legends 1.
Hoxha 38
Not the best opening match, Wigan were predicted to come 20th. They got an early goal, before Hoxha levelled it up. Despite 58% possession, we could only managed 3 shots on goal. Probably a fair result. Blanco made his debut while Jose came off the bench to wear a Legends shirt for the first time

Champions League. Sampdoria 2 Legends 1.
Jose 53

They got an early goal, in the 3rd minute, and another just before half time. Jose got a vital away goal on his full debut, and a draw would have been a fair result, with their keeper getting MOM. With Mascia suspended and Lombardi not signed, Lauridsen was the makeshift Defensive Midfielder. Kovarik picked up an injury that would rule h im out of the next game, while Bruno (http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4705/brunoprofileac5.png) and Semih made their debuts as substitutes

League. Liverpool 1 Legends 4.
Popov 19
Law 45
Blanco 49
Hoxha 70

What a performance! Popov scored a brilliant goal, only for Liverpool to equalize 5 minutes later. Law intercepted a terrible backpass on the stroke of half time for a debut goal, while Blanco got his immediately afterwards, before Hoxha put the icing on the cake.

League. Legends 2 Sunderland 1.
Rinaldi 43
Law 82

How we won this I don't know. They battered us for 90 minutes but Cristesu and the defense should firm. Just before half time, Rinaldi scored a deflected free kick. The kept on attacking, and won a penalty, which they scored in the 69 minute, before Law won it for us. van de Weerd came on for his debut but performed poorly

League. Plymouth 4 Legends 3.
Mascia 32
Kovarik 34
Hoxha 62

They took a lead in the 26 minute, only for us to score twice to take the it back. They pulled it back before half time, before Hoxha fired us in front again, only for them to score in the 80th and 82nd minute to win the game:(. The match was very even, and a draw would have been a fair result

Mikel LUFC
10-09-2008, 15:46
Good update there. The links in the transfer update doesn't work for me so could you try them again please?
Moreira and Giacomelli may not look great on paper but they did score loads for me but it may have been the tactics that made them play so well.

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 16:24
Good update there. The links in the transfer update doesn't work for me so could you try them again please?
Moreira and Giacomelli may not look great on paper but they did score loads for me but it may have been the tactics that made them play so well.

Corrected the link

September Games

Champions League. Legends 8 Sampdoria 1.
Kovarik 2,45,57
Law 15,33
Own goal 35
Popov 63
Van de Weerd 87

We knew we had to win, so we went in attacking and recorded the legends biggest ever win :). Kovarik got three from corners (delivery is set to mixed in case people think I was exploiting a bug). Law added two and an own goal meant the tie was over after 35 minutes. They did get a consolation after we has scored 7, before van de Weerd scored his first goal for the club, as he started in place of the injured Hoxha

Champions League Draw:
Since we were 4th seeds this would never be easy:

Real Madrid
Shakhtar
Celtic
Legends

League. Legends 4 Norwich 1.

Rinaldi 25
Snodin 51
Law 53, 82

They scored an early goal from a superb shot in the 7th minute, but another deflected Rinaldi freekick brought us level midway through the half. Snodin stabbed home in a goal mouth scramble before Law confirmed the win two minutes later before adding a 2nd later on.

League. Leeds 3 Legends 4.

Law 15, 56
Popov 82
Jose 90

We had a terrible start, conceding in the 9th minute and then in the 14th minute to a deflected free kick. Law immediately halved the deficit, before they got there third goal, from only two shots on target. After half time we were a much better team, with Law reduced the deficit to just one goal, but despite dominating we were unable to equalize, so I threw on Jose in place of a fullback, and Popov immediately levelled it to 3-3, before Jose got a last minute winner which we deserved

Champions League. Legends 2 Real Madrid 1.

Snodin 76
Hoxha 90

Our first adventure in the group stages would be a home tie against Spanish giants Real Madrid, and they were the favourites. In the first half we were totally outplayed, having a single shot and just 38% possession, so they thoroughly deserved their lead, as they scored at the end of the first half. A few choice words at half time and we came out playing much better, and were rewarded in the 76th minute when Snodin drove the ball into the back of the net. I would have settled for a draw, but Hoxha had other ideas, heading home a cross in injury time to grant Legends a famous victory, in front of a record gate receipts, 1.6 million.

League. Legends 1 Tottenham 0.

Law 36

A dull game, they dominated possession but we had more chances and Law scored the only goal of the game

League Cup. Grimsby 1 Legends 4.

Eder 18
Law 21,25
Semih 66

I made several changes, with Eder, Semih, Jose and Stepanek starting as we rested players. We dominated the game and the scoreline reflected that. Eder and Semih both scored goals on their debuts and put in good performances, and Stepanek also got an assist. Law now has 11 goals in 9 games, a fantastic record. Our reward is ahome gam against Man Utd

A fantastic month saw 6 wins out of 6

League table at end of September:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3808/barclayspremiershipleaggj2.png

Other news:
∑I have named a youth player after me: JJ James (http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5116/jjjamesprofileyq6.png)
∑We now have state of the art youth facilities

Stupid software not allowing me to do the quotes properly:(

Mikel LUFC
10-09-2008, 16:26
Great month there let's hope it can continue
KUTGW :thup:

Mikel LUFC
10-09-2008, 16:29
Good continuation of a good start there.

All the links for the players that you bought don't work (in transfer update) is that just me or..?

Also

League. Legends 4 Norwich 1.
Kovarik 48
Rinaldi pen 68

A dull first half saw us take the lead in the second half when Kovarik headed home Rinaldi’s free kick, only for them to level 10 minutes later. A further 10 minutes later and we won a controversial penalty which Rinaldi converted. We looked to be heading for a win against relegation candidates Villa, but they sneaked another equaliser in the 83rd minute, and then both teams threw players forward, them 4-2-4 and us all out attack, but neither side could get a winner. A disappointing result, although we didn’t deserve to win.

Take it the scoreline you put there is wrong

Apart from that KIU

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 16:31
October Games

League. Bolton 3 Legends 2.

Law 27
Rinaldi 30

Lombardi s/o 29

We were playing Bolton, who were in the relegation places so I fancied our chances. They scored in the 3rd minute, before Law equalised in the 27th minute. In the 29th minute we won a freekick, and then Lombardi got sent off, before Rinaldi scored the freekick, albeit via a fluke goal from 40 yards away! From there I should have brought on a defensive midfielder for a striker. Instead I decided to keep 3 in midfield. Sousa headed them level in the 34th minute, and they dominating from then, scored again in the 66th minute to end our unbeaten run.

Champions League. Celtic 0 Legends 6.

Lombardi 13
Hoxha 33
Kovarik 56
Popov 59
Law 62
Jose 90

A fantastic result although 6-0 was harsh on them. We dominated possession and were clinical in front of goal, with only 7 shots on target. Lombardi made amends for his sending off, and having been fined two weeks wages he scored the opener. Hoxha slotted home a second before Kovarik heading home the third from a free kick. Popov played a one two with Law to score the 4th before Law scored number 5 from a throw in before Jose headed home a deep cross, on as a substitute. We led the group from Real Madrid after this result

League. Aston Villa 2 Legends 2.

Kovarik 48
Rinaldi pen 68

A dull first half saw us take the lead in the second half when Kovarik headed home Rinaldi’s free kick, only for them to level 10 minutes later. A further 10 minutes later and we won a controversial penalty which Rinaldi converted. We looked to be heading for a win against relegation candidates Villa, but they sneaked another equaliser in the 83rd minute, and then both teams threw players forward, them 4-2-4 and us all out attack, but neither side could get a winner. A disappointing result, although we didn’t deserve to win.

League. Legends 4 Fulham 2.

Popov 12
Hoxha 38,41,54

We started poorly, conceding a goal on 7 minutes to give them the lead as they dominated the early stages. A wonder goal from Popov woke us up, allowed the ball to bounce to beat a keeper then curling the ball into the top corner from outside the penalty area. While we were dominating, Fulham got a corner and their centre back headed home to put Fulham in front. Hoxha then equalized superbly firing home from outside the area. For the third goal, Law got free in the area, and his shot was parried by the Fulham keeper, and Hoxha tapped in the ball from the goalline. Hoxha got his hatrick as he headed home Blanco’s cross. With Lombardi suspended and Mascia out injured, Cerny made his debut as the defensive midfielder

Champions League. Shaktar 0 Legends 3.

Popov 26,71
Hoxha 67

Shaktar were second seeds, but we took an early lead as Popov delightfully chipped their goalie. From there we dominated, but were unable to extend our lead until Hoxha fired into the top corner from outside the penalty area, and four minutes later he gave Popov the opportunity to do the same, but Popov choose the bottom corner instead. He should have had a hatrick but wasted a late chance.

League tables at end of October:
http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4586/barclayspremiershipleagqu7.png

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5959/uefachampionsleaguestagid0.png

canvey!!
10-09-2008, 16:35
Goodness I'm really falling behind, aren't I? Apologies; I will hopefully be able to play a month tonight.

JamesMathews
10-09-2008, 16:41
Think everything is all corrected now :)

including my spelling :p

DanTheMan
10-09-2008, 17:35
Good result against Real :thup:

Just need to hopefully push in the Prem for a higher than last year finish.