Alphonse Areola

Anyone seen this kid at PSG? he's a goal keeper...good potential too but the most fascinating thing is his outfield rating is 2 and he is "unconvincing" at left back and left wingback, are there any more keeper/outfield players or vice versa

I remember seeing pictures in the paper of Rooney mucking around in goal during the World Cup (I think). It was said he was throwing himself around all over the place playing the dramatic goalie role. Maybe someone from SI has picked up on things like that?

I think he still is rated as that in FM12.

rooney had it because of the joga bonito nike ads even though that was clearly set up...then again thats probably why ronaldinho always hits the crossbar for me

whenever i'm winning now i just throw areola left back so he won't be complaining of not getting games anytime in the future

Rooney has always wanted to be a keeper and his hero was Neville Southhall (think thats his name)

i remember the everton manager saying he always played in goal in training and was there best keeper but was even better outfield or something like that anyway!

Anyone seen this kid at PSG? he's a goal keeper...good potential too but the most fascinating thing is his outfield rating is 2 and he is "unconvincing" at left back and left wingback, are there any more keeper/outfield players or vice versa

i had him as my first choice keeper for Liverpool in FM11. had a brilliant first season conceeding only 24 in 38 league games. only problem was that his laid-back approach meant he struggled to improve himself.

i remember david james playing up front for city in a last game of the season, phil jagielka kept a clean sheet for sheffield utd against arsenal and i remember terry and rio both getting opportunities in goal for chelsea and utd respectively...also in one of the games yesterday in league 2 i belive a midfielder went in goal after the kepper was sent off in the first half

would like to sign more players that can play in odd positions, i once had a regen that was a natural CB and ST which was dead weird

Gianluigi Buffon started out as a striker, but his youth club's keeper got hurt before the Viareggio tournament (a major youth tournament in Italy) and because he was the next tallest player on the squad he was "forced" to go in goal.

Parma signed him a week later, and a year later was in goal for Italy in a World Cup qualifying playoff against Russia.

The rest as they say is history

Archived