Newgens for this season - Too good?

Now, don't take a swipe at me... please!

In previous FM series we've had some problems with regens not being good enough (although I didn find a couple of good ones in FM11 & FM10)... But this year the regens seem WAY too good. I've found quite a few players with all good stats, physical, mental etc, the whole lot! Most of these regens are only 15/16.

Anyone else agree that their current stats should be lowered and we should be able to train them to get the potential ability to its best?

I don't agree but I only base this on my save. I was to curious to see the new newgens and used a scouting tool to check every newgen coming in for an entire season with a PA of 160 or higher. I have 24 countries loaded with 40 leagues so I got a decent overview.

I did not notice a lot of super newgens coming from teams. I did notice some players with impressive stats. But where they had great technical stats, their mental or hidden stats could use a lot of improvement.

I only found 4 newgens under 19 with a CA over 110. I always believed there were too few quality newgens in previous versions and even now I believe there can be more. This doesn't mean I want the game to be full of messi's. No, but there are plenty of players in the game with a PA of 170 or more but with low ambition etc, which hinders them in ever getting further then maybe 125 out of 170. If you are getting a lot of newgens with super CA close to their PA, then you must be lucky. Or I must be unlucky.

Apparently teams with high junior coaching will produce regens with a higher initial CA so that could be a reason for it.

Haven't really played for more than a couple of seasons so i can't really evaluate but i like if it's that way since i felt in previous FM's that they usually start the game with stats way too low.

This is a welcome change if true as it may improve the gameworld as a whole as the seasons go by. Previously the lack of quality players, player development, and poor AI transfer policy would make everything stagnate or get weaker and weaker as the years went by. With better quality newgens being created, at least one of those problems may be now fixed?

The catch now it to restrict yourself to not taking advantage of the wealth of newgens that become available (if it is true). Maybe a self-imposed restriction of signing no more than 1 or 2 a season?

I'd prefare it to be overly populated with good new players than like it was previously, because there was little you could do previously to get the AI to improve itself.

Archived