A question (ok, thinly disguised rant) about Steam

P@

I'd like to preface this by pointing out i'm not trying to be funny, i'm not taking the p*ss or on the attack at anyone, in any way...

but...

i'm one of the many longtime players currently struggling to play because of various crashes.. the tech folks are looking into it and working hard replying to people and pushing fixes thru, despite the frustration i do get that...

but...

theres an official list of programs on these very forums that are known to cause issues with steam, they recommend turning them off while you're using steam...

as far as i can see this list contains just about every major anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall program that is widely available (norton, kaspersky, etc, all the trusted names) as well as skype and ventrilo.

hate to be a bandwagon jumper but maybe that steam thing aint so good.

so instead of giving in to the temptation of ranting at the tech people, maybe we should be asking why the powers that be shacked up with a piece of software that isn't compatible with pretty much anything. lets face it, sega are lucky that there just isn't any competition in this market, at all.

piracy is bad. get it. it costs you money, get that too, but driving the safest licence in gaming into a ditch might end up costing you a lot more, but on the upside, nobody will want to pirate it.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and sorry you're struggling. If you want a hand reaching out to Customer Services drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll have them get in touch, if you've not heard from them already anyway.

Your points are noted - I'm going to close the thread as I've yet to see more than one constructive discussion on the topic (there is one active one) and I don't really think we need to discuss the same points over and over again - we're committed to Steam for this year as you can obviously see.

Cheers

Matt

Archived